Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on... Britain's excitement at Jo Konta's Wimbledon semi-final

'I see, sir. You wanted to watch Parliament debating the Repeal Bill and your wife the Konta match - who won?'

Now this might be going out on a limb here, but I have a strange feeling that maybe Mac is not entirely free of issues w.r.t. his attitudes towards the role of women in relationships. Just a vague hunch I get, not really sure what tips me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Zemyla posted:

That's probably because, in a lot of places, smokers get more breaks than non-smokers.

This is a big part of it, having worked in a Kitchen, saying "I just want to stand outside for 10 minutes because I don't want to deal with this bullshit this second" doesn't fly.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Team_q posted:

This is a big part of it, having worked in a Kitchen, saying "I just want to stand outside for 10 minutes because I don't want to deal with this bullshit this second" doesn't fly.

flawless cunning plan: buy a selection prop cigarettes and hope nobody looks too hard

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Native Americans hosed with their environment basically as much as their technology allowed them to, same as every other population of humans on earth

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Prism posted:

Chappaquiddick.

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

Angepain posted:

Now this might be going out on a limb here, but I have a strange feeling that maybe Mac is not entirely free of issues w.r.t. his attitudes towards the role of women in relationships. Just a vague hunch I get, not really sure what tips me off.

Mac is the closest thing to a real-life Kelly there is.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Angepain posted:

flawless cunning plan: buy a selection prop cigarettes and hope nobody looks too hard

Or a vape.

Can you zoom in a bit? I can't read this.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bit of a stretch there vagop

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What does that even mean? Tim Kaine is going to be responsible for the drowning of a woman?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Disappointed there aren't any cartoons of someone selling Trump the Eiffel Tower

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Nobody told Marty Two Bulls about all those animals that just happened to go extinct right after humans reached the Americas, apparently.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

U.T. Raptor posted:

Nobody told Marty Two Bulls about all those animals that just happened to go extinct right after humans reached the Americas, apparently.

He probably has but it gets a lot of pushback in Indian society as just yet another "well, actually Indians were bad so they deserved to be killed and shoved onto reservations" argument

I can't really blame them tbh

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Ramirez has set fire to the goalposts and scattered the ashes to the wind.

Clever.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also "they didn't commit any crime that we know of" is a pretty low standard for the president when it comes to shady meetings with agents of foreign governments to get dirt on your opponent.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

I mean we're probably better off without the short-faced bears dicking around anyway, right?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Ooh, ooh, I know this one! We still need to invade Iraq anyway!

No, hold on

We still need to bomb Iran anyway!

poo poo, that's not it

We still need to disenfranchise millions of registered voters anyway!

Dangit, I'm sure I'll get it next time

We still need to lock her up anyway!

gently caress, I'm reading the "no evidence" playbook again.

Incidentally I'm enjoying the slow walk back from "deleted but incriminating documents" toward "technically less than ideal cybersecurity" re: Clinton's emails as she moves out of the spotlight.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

FaradayCage posted:

Ramirez has set fire to the goalposts and scattered the ashes to the wind.

Clever.

I mean, he's just following Kellyanne Conway's argument that there was no sustained collaboration between Russia and the campaign.

Edit: Or, to be precise:

Kellyanne Conway posted:

hard evidence of systemic, sustained, furtive collusion that not only interfered with our election process but indeed dictated the electoral outcome.

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And there was no sustained relationship between me and that prostitute who was found dead in my trunk.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno if it's intentional but I like that all of these things (except maybe littering) are dick moves but not necessarily illegal.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno if it's intentional but I like that all of these things (except maybe littering) are dick moves but not necessarily illegal.

Stealing is a crime, IIRC.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Stealing is a crime, IIRC.
Oh right, that's a tip jar and not a take a penny leave a penny jar.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angepain posted:

To Mac all women and in bedrobes and curlers, hiding a rolling pin behind their back.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Bill Day is a hack.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

Marty hates the idea of humans coming to the Americas via the Bering land bridge (he's done some cartoons mocking it), because some folks use the theory to argue that if you go far back enough, the Indians aren't really native Americans either.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Evidence of a crime involving the president of the united states does in fact actually exist. A good cartoon.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Are there examples you guys have of conservative cartoonists defending Nixon during the developing Watergate scandal?

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Edible Hat posted:

Are there examples you guys have of conservative cartoonists defending Nixon during the developing Watergate scandal?

I went looking for some a few days ago, but this was all I could find with a cursory search.

I also came across this, the worst Nixon caricature ever drawn.

e: looking for more by the same guy, I found some that seem very similar to some of today's cartoons.

WOW HOW COME CONGRESS IS SO CONCERNED WITH THIS EXTREMELY ILLEGAL THING THE PRESIDENT DID

Pakled fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 15, 2017

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Edible Hat posted:

Gib Crockett in particular really liked Nixon:

Something to note, many of these cartoonists eventually turned on Nixon. This is the same cartoonist that Pakled posted:

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 15, 2017

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Rebel Blob posted:

Something to note, many of these cartoonists eventually turned on Nixon. This is the same cartoonist that Pakled posted:

Were those the "good old days", when even political hacks would change their minds when presented with evidence opposing their world views, or am I just hallucinating?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The situation is different this time though since Trump didn't have any credibility since at least eight years before the election.

It's not about him being able to effectively govern and it never was, it's just about whether he should be sitting in that seat at all.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think the progression is:

1.) Dick move

2.) Petty offense

3.) Misdemeanor

4.) Felony/Espionage/Treason

It pokes fun at how we laymen must pay fines and do times while Team Trump hides behind the iron shield of the GOP.

So....Rust Monster 2018?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That girl Zelda has some serious social problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

U.T. Raptor posted:

If by "right after" you mean anywhere from 6 to 10 thousand years later, sure.

• Locked thread