Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Attorney at Funk posted:

It's super dumb to me that they added a lilies interface to WHM and their capstone uses a completely different proprietary resource stack

Heh.

Tell me how you feel about a 3% chance when you cure someone who wasn't already topped off to gain a small cooldown reduction to a random skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SquareEnix posted:

A portal on our first try? It's like all my namedays have come at once!

No, bad SE, I repressed those memories

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Toshimo posted:

Heh.

Tell me how you feel about a 3% chance when you cure someone who wasn't already topped off to gain a small cooldown reduction to a random skill.

Lilies suck and feel incredibly tacked on, which makes it even worse that Plenary Indulgence is like a parody of the lily mechanic.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Attorney at Funk posted:

Lilies suck and feel incredibly tacked on, which makes it even worse that Plenary Indulgence is like a parody of the lily mechanic.

I was talking about Secret of the Lily II, which, for reasons unknown, does not actually interact with the lily gauge/mechanic in any way.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Toshimo posted:

I was talking about Secret of the Lily II, which, for reasons unknown, does not actually interact with the lily gauge/mechanic in any way.

That ability should really just proc on every crit instead of 20% of events that have a 15% chance of occurring.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Look at these bad and wrong opinions.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

To be fair Susanoo is really picky about positioning, even if you're standing directly on the targeting circle he'll decide to walk forward a few inches.

Years of tanking poo poo like Ravana has trained me to push up into the chests of bosses and get in their face like two boxers at a pre-fight press conference.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cliff notes for the blocked at work?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ciaphas posted:

cliff notes for the blocked at work?

Lost Canals is Aquapolis with new art assets and new loot tables. There are no other differences.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

cheetah7071 posted:

Lost Canals is Aquapolis with new art assets and new loot tables. There are no other differences.

Also further things will be added in 4.1 I guess?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks. I ought to get gatherers leveled up so I can participate more cheaply than I bet it'll be to start with.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

If it's 10 floors and each door has a 50% change (uncertain), getting to the bottom floor will be really rare.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Thundarr posted:

If it's 10 floors and each door has a 50% change (uncertain), getting to the bottom floor will be really rare.

Four doors. You pick a door and then one of the other three doors open. Now you have a choice to re-pick or keep your original selection.

If you pick wrong, you're given a goat. It doesn't actually do anything. Just sits in your inventory taking up space.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

My DGKK Susan aka partydad clear story:

Joined a group because people BEGGED me (gotta have a taste of that Baph, it's understandable ;) ), it was my newbie run with at least one other person, didn't discord/mumble with anyone, and watched Mizteq's clear video about 1 minute for we ran it. Was supremely nervous, I honestly feel like if we wipe on stuff like this, I'm dragging people down. That made my anxiety 10x worse.

Despite my two deaths, we cleared it on the first try, and it honestly felt like it was handled really good for like 95% of the fight. People stacked, people scattered, moved lightning drops, etc.

That is my DGKK story :)

the first time you died it was because a tank didn't intercept an orb

the second time you died it was because someone misplaced a lightning bolt

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

Four doors. You pick a door and then one of the other three doors open. Now you have a choice to re-pick or keep your original selection.

If you pick wrong, you're given a goat. It doesn't actually do anything. Just sits in your inventory taking up space.

The Monty Hall scenario only works if the door that gets opened is guaranteed to be wrong

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Joint is full of people wearing silly costumes who hope for big bucks but usually walk out with chump change, so this checks out.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

To those that said they would help with SusanEx clears: I just got home and will be trying to set up a group

EDIT: actually, I'm going to wait a few hours, see if a better crowd is on.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 14, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dumb question but anyone here got experience with Reshade on FFXIV? Specifically, I'm finding that my depth buffer is flickering black and it's causing the more interesting effects to break. I could swear it was working earlier and I haven't changed any settings so I have no idea what's causing this :smith:

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Your Computer posted:

Dumb question but anyone here got experience with Reshade on FFXIV? Specifically, I'm finding that my depth buffer is flickering black and it's causing the more interesting effects to break. I could swear it was working earlier and I haven't changed any settings so I have no idea what's causing this :smith:

Depth buffer gets locked when reshade detects an appreciable amount of network traffic from the app it is modifying. Fish around for a patched version without the network traffic check.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kojei posted:

Depth buffer gets locked when reshade detects an appreciable amount of network traffic from the app it is modifying. Fish around for a patched version without the network traffic check.

Huh, really? Now I wonder if it was working earlier without cutting out because my latency was so ridiculously high :pram: Cheers.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SL the Pyro posted:

I once saw a Susano EX group with a hypercompetent healer who told us not to give a poo poo about the lightning markers and would consistently throw out 10k+ heals so we could just keep wailing on the boss. :aaaaa:

I've had to do this twice as SCH in DF groups. Because they were bad, not because it was planned.

First lightning gets the usual succor reduction, start divine seal because these idiots are bad, succor + indom the 2nd, succor + emerg succor 3rd, then deployed adlo for the 4th. Also roused eos hot ticking since 2nd lightning because you need every help you can get. Everyone is super low now so hopefully other healer woke up and is going to help with ukehi.

Or you can play WHM and thin air some cure 3s and pretend nothing happened :shrug:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

kojei posted:

Wait, why does Reshade do this?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wait, why does Reshade do this?

Mitigates cheating in competitive multiplayer games. If you've got access to the depth buffer, you could see right through smoke in counter strike, for instance.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

To those that said they would help with SusanEx clears: I just got home and will be trying to set up a group

i'm probably not going to be home for at least an hour, maybe two, and a lot of the dgkk progression raiding nite crew won't be either

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

I was all set to be mad as hell at this dumbshit content but now I need you to clarify; how many boring rooms of trash will there be in this shithole between the entrance and the final floor?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Aquapolis/Canals are just a loot lottery, getting aggravated/worrying about getting to the end is only going to make you feel dumb.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kojei posted:

Mitigates cheating in competitive multiplayer games. If you've got access to the depth buffer, you could see right through smoke in counter strike, for instance.

If the restriction is self-imposed I assume it's to absolve themselves of accusations of being a "cheating tool"? Not that that matters in a MMO like this but, y'know.

That said I'm having 0 luck finding a patched dll. And I thought my google skills were pretty good :negative:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

OWLS! posted:

With any group you sort of roll the dice.

Susano is a really really tight fight. And my biggest problem with it have been healers not pulling their weight oddly enough. And at this point I've seen more tanks loving up and no popping cooldowns/swapping than DPS loving up levinbolts.

Whaaaat.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah it's a pretty forgiving fight. Any single mechanic failure (minus tankbuster/swap) is easy to recover from. Any two in a row are probably recoverable as well, with little-to-no long term effects. It's only when you fail multiple mechanics at the same time that issues start.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Susano has a tight enough enrage that chain rezzing won't clear the fight even if you never actually wipe, as opposed to Lakshmi where you can do whatever and enrage never matters

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 15, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SirPhoebos posted:

Have you at all considered the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the issue is you.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah it's a pretty forgiving fight. Any single mechanic failure (minus tankbuster/swap) is easy to recover from. Any two in a row are probably recoverable as well, with little-to-no long term effects. It's only when you fail multiple mechanics at the same time that issues start.

It's difficult to recover from 'someone forgot to make a triangle during knockback + thundercloud and there's literally no safe spot'.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Starting to put together a SusanoEx group, check the discord if you're not in DGKK.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

cheetah7071 posted:

Susano has a tight enough enrage that chain rezzing won't clear the fight even if you never actually enrage, as opposed to Lakshmi where you can do whatever and enrage never matters

I have a weird perspective. I don't think I've ever seen Susano enrage. Nearly every Lakshmi failure I've been in was due to enrage.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
*hits the paladin in adds phase of Sophia EX 7 times during shields during multiple pulls, dies to transition AoE* DGKK IS THE PROBLEM

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Mordiceius posted:

Look at these bad and wrong opinions.

sick. i love reddit. cheers, and thanks! can't get enough reddit content!

edit: wow, thanks for the gold!

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Hivac posted:

*hits the paladin in adds phase of Sophia EX 7 times during shields during multiple pulls, dies to transition AoE* DGKK IS THE PROBLEM

dgkk sounds way more cool than tpt and i should be in it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Luceid posted:

dgkk sounds way more cool than tpt and i should be in it.

It's more that I find the idea of one of the consistently worst players and obstinate not-learners I have ever interacted with in the goon FCs having the gall to complain about how bad others are deeply amusing

I went out of my way to not ask FC to do extreme primals in HW solely because I didn't want them in any of my parties. Susano extreme has more tank mechanics than zero so he's probably loving them up miserably as usual.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I have a weird perspective. I don't think I've ever seen Susano enrage. Nearly every Lakshmi failure I've been in was due to enrage.

Both fights have an enrage timer that's like 500 years long, Susano just does a better job of cleaning up groups that are sucking that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If being in goon guilds in wow for the past 6 years has taught me anything, it's that most goons are really loving bad at video games :ssh: