Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea I went there the other day to get the fix like the good ol' days and I realized how few responses most threads were getting and how I kept seeing the same few posters over and over again and I couldn't hate them. They're too small and pathetic anymore.

Trump owes it to us to get impeached to Make Freepthread Great Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The law of diminishing returns

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Cactus posted:

It really does feel like Freep has nearly run it's course. Even this thread was dead for days and days just now.

There's always more and it is always worse is still true, but the "worse" has migrated to places like the donald and pol. Freep is boring, set in its ways, and in some fashion their hatred seems to have plateaued. At an insanely high level, mind, but now every topic or incident that used to cause me to think "what would the Freep response to this be?" is now "I know exactly what Freepers will be posting about this" and I'm right 99% of the time.

The only stuff I like anymore is when they have the little moments of clarity about how badly they've been duped by a moron, before going back into their bubble of self-delusion, because otherwise their reactions to everything are pretty standard conspiracy-theorist justification or talking points.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mantis42 posted:

Yea I went there the other day to get the fix like the good ol' days and I realized how few responses most threads were getting and how I kept seeing the same few posters over and over again and I couldn't hate them. They're too small and pathetic anymore.

Trump owes it to us to get impeached to Make Freepthread Great Again.

How is the site still making money? Are the handful of posters just insanely loaded?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jurgan posted:

How is the site still making money? Are the handful of posters just insanely loaded?

With money we who pay into social security give them.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Captain Monkey posted:

This is how I always imagined it would end. I wonder if this is it.

Is..is this it? Are we finally reaching the last chapter of this hilariously insane story about terrified hatemongers the world left behind long ago? :allears:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

"The Arab desert Muslims have terrible DNA after 1,400 years of first-cousin inbreeding" is one of the most insane sentences I've read on the internet in a while, thanks for that.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Is..is this it? Are we finally reaching the last chapter of this hilariously insane story about terrified hatemongers the world left behind long ago? :allears:

Not with a bang...but a whimper.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not with a bang...but a whimper.

How appropriate. Where's your Grand Battle Freep?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I've been reading these threads since the 2008 election, back during the LF days, and it's been interesting watching freep's decline. Both they and their particular brand of hate have been smoldering out for years, and I'm sure will continue for quite some time, but we've finally reached the point where there's so little left that it's hardly worth bothering with anymore. I'm not sad to see them go, but I am sad that they've been replaced by the alt-right.

e: funny to think, but these threads have helped shaped my politics a lot

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I don't think their brand of hate has "died out" so much as it's just been expressed in new meme form in new places. The hatred is still the same on a base level. I guess we need a replacement thread that uses r/thedonald or whatever?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Ziv Zulander posted:

I've been reading these threads since the 2008 election, back during the LF days, and it's been interesting watching freep's decline. Both they and their particular brand of hate have been smoldering out for years, and I'm sure will continue for quite some time, but we've finally reached the point where there's so little left that it's hardly worth bothering with anymore. I'm not sad to see them go, but I am sad that they've been replaced by the alt-right.

They can't be rebels fighting against a corrupt government anymore, because they ARE the government now. It's not nearly as much fun to be a lickspittle for a fascist regime online when you know they won't reward you as opposed to an anonymous vigilante fighting against Kenyan islamo-communism.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Neeksy posted:

I don't think their brand of hate has "died out" so much as it's just been expressed in new meme form in new places. The hatred is still the same on a base level. I guess we need a replacement thread that uses r/thedonald or whatever?

Given the average FReeper's age they probably are literally dying out.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Twelve by Pies posted:

There sure is, chuckee!

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0010/01/sun.06.html

In the 2000 election, before the first debate, a member of Al Gore's campaign staff received one of Bush's debate briefing books, and instead of using it, he immediately reported it to the FBI.

Fake news. we all know Dems are immoral godless heathens

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cactus posted:

It really does feel like Freep has nearly run it's course. Even this thread was dead for days and days just now.

There's always more and it is always worse is still true, but the "worse" has migrated to places like the donald and pol. Freep is boring, set in its ways, and in some fashion their hatred seems to have plateaued. At an insanely high level, mind, but now every topic or incident that used to cause me to think "what would the Freep response to this be?" is now "I know exactly what Freepers will be posting about this" and I'm right 99% of the time.

Nah, just the freep surfer norms around here had to take some breaks to cool down.
I refuse to soil my browsing history with their trash site

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Ziv Zulander posted:

I'm the same way and the main interest of Freep for me has always been how it's a microcosm of the GOP as a whole (which is why dumb left-wing sites are boring since they don't reflect the Democratic party as a whole,) with all the contradictions and hate becoming more and more intense until a purge is needed, causing the remaining group to becoming even more horrible. If outside stuff like his son running away don't bring the site to a final death, I think that Trump's downfall will do it

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
The right seems to have son problems right now.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Neeksy posted:

Oh nobody is saying that. Right wing hate politics are as strong as ever. But freep was special, they were our right wing echo chamber. Like a nature preserve. Sure you could go to another forest and see the same animals but this one is special y'know?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

RagnarokAngel posted:

Oh nobody is saying that. Right wing hate politics are as strong as ever. But freep was special, they were our right wing echo chamber. Like a nature preserve. Sure you could go to another forest and see the same animals but this one is special y'know?

With freep you can at least tell yourself that they are all 87 and will not be a factor in 20 years. But a lot of alt-right guys on The Donald are younger than me.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Annointed posted:

How appropriate. Where's your Grand Battle Freep?

Tragically, their powder was just slightly too damp after all.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Alternatively, it was so dry it mummified anyone who tried to use it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Given the average FReeper's age they probably are literally dying out.

It just means we're losing Regan Republicans and replacing them with Trump Republicans.

Stew on that thought.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Trump Republicans are Reagan republicans, though: heavily racist, reactionary, and willing to vote for a man with deeply impaired mental faculties.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Well, we did end up with the "Kekistan" generation of people who vote with their asses and openly support Nazis. Hopefully none of them start gaining actual prominence.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

chitoryu12 posted:

Well, we did end up with the "Kekistan" generation of people who vote with their asses and openly support Nazis. Hopefully none of them start gaining actual prominence.

They are the future of the Republican Party. Pretty much every enthusiastic Republican millennial is an alt-right type, unless they went to college, in which case they are a libertarian.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

chitoryu12 posted:

You're going to love 10 years from now when these people start running for house and Senate positions

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

I enjoyed that they had a fairly strict moderation team. The HillaryIs44 thread was cool but often got derailed by undercover goons writing outrageous things there, it being quoted here to horror, outrage and hilarity, only for the inevitable mild wet fart as the undercover goon admits it's just him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

deep space nein posted:

I enjoyed that they had a fairly strict moderation team. The HillaryIs44 thread was cool but often got derailed by undercover goons writing outrageous things there, it being quoted here to horror, outrage and hilarity, only for the inevitable mild wet fart as the undercover goon admits it's just him.

Once upon a time we had deep cover goons on freep as well, though they never had to prod the locals to get them to say horrendous poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Were there ever any good deep cover success stories? I don't recall any mostly because yeah they didn't need prodding.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mustached Demon posted:

Were there ever any good deep cover success stories? I don't recall any mostly because yeah they didn't need prodding.

I wanna say TapTheForwardAssist had, and may even still have, an account there, but it's been so long I don't quite remember. Sorry.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ikanreed posted:

You're going to love 10 years from now when these people start running for house and Senate positions

It's already happening, there's that NH congressman who was found out to have started /r/theredpill.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Mustached Demon posted:

I remember Kik2dagroin mentioning he had a Freep account but I don't know if he's ever posted there.

Also I just lurk Freep, I've never posted anything on there.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Neeksy posted:

The only stuff I like anymore is when they have the little moments of clarity about how badly they've been duped by a moron, before going back into their bubble of self-delusion, because otherwise their reactions to everything are pretty standard conspiracy-theorist justification or talking points.

Me too, but you don't even really get much of that anymore since they became so adept at moving goalposts, dismissing everything that disagrees with them as false, or concocting whatever 9th dimensional chess the Donald that only exists in their heads is playing.

No need for a full border wall, Trump says

Article here.

quote:

I’ll be happy for 100 feet of actual wall at this point ;/

3 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:08:00 AM by chris37 (Donald J. Trump, Tom Brady, The Patriots... American Destiny!)

quote:

The entire population of Mexico as well as of countries south of Mexico are filthy and worthless and,thus,*must* be kept out.That requires a wall from the Pacific all the way to the Gulf.
C'mon,DJT,don't lose your nerve *now*!

4 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:12:47 AM by Gay State Conservative (Comey = The Swamp Fighting Back)

quote:

Trump’s been saying you only need about 900 miles for ages. The only people picking this crap up are the lying never trumpers.

7 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:18:19 AM by JohnyBoy

quote:

Today, Trump also made this statement during an Air Force One presser...

“What I’d like to do is a comprehensive immigration plan. But our country and political forces are not ready yet.”

I always knew Trump would walk away from most of his immigration tough talk if he won the election.

He’s going to deport a bunch of criminal illegal immigrants (good), and he will reduce the number of new illegal immigrants (also good).

But that will be the end of it.

Trump has always supported massive LEGAL immigration (currently 1.5 million per year), and he has always supported huge numbers of foreign work visas (currently at least 1 million in the USA).

I will vote to reelect him in 2020, and maybe he can win, but Trump will be the last Republican president in my lifetime.

11 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:34:08 AM by zeestephen

quote:

Too bad. Where there is no wall is where they will go. No matter how far out of they way that is where the dope smugglers and coyotes will cross. All immigration needs to stop for a few years. Maybe decades. We will be as crowded as India eventually.

15 posted on 7/14/2017, 8:06:24 AM by Wilderness Conservative (Nature is the ultimate conservative.)

Some beginning to question the narrative:

quote:

To: Gay State Conservative
They aren’t all worthless. That’s not fair.

The ones that come here legally are great, and usually assimilate and love America.

5 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:16:12 AM by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)

quote:

To: FreedomStar3028
They aren’t all worthless. That’s not fair. The ones that come here legally are great, and usually assimilate and love America.
They aren't all bad its true. But 70% of Hispanics vote democrat. We can't keep taking tons of them in and survive. the whole country will become California.

13 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:59:19 AM by Cubs Fan (Liberals are the most hateful, violent and intolerant people in America)

quote:

During the campaign, I recall Trump saying he would build a wall across the entire Mexican border.

Several of the Comments here claim that Trump stopped saying that “18 months ago” or “ages ago” or “over a year ago.”

Can someone give me the exact date when Trump first informed 2016 voters that he was not going to build a wall across the entire border?

Thanks...

20 posted on 7/14/2017, 8:58:44 AM by zeestephen

quote:

Do you have a source for Mr. Trump saying this 18 months ago? I think that that is very, very unlikely.

24 posted on 07/14/2017 1:26:39 AM PDT by iowamark

...and of course, the obligatory:

quote:

The title itself demonstrates that this article is classic FAKE NEWS!

Stating this as though it is new news is the lie...

16 posted on 7/14/2017, 8:13:02 AM by SuperLuminal (Where is another agitator for republicanism like Sam Adams when we need him?)

As soon as I clicked on the thread I knew what they'd all be saying. The only mild surprise came from the "they're not all that bad", which of course got shot down.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Neeksy posted:

I'm sure you can find all the good old Freep hate on the Chans and Stormfront.

It's still around, probably always will be, it just has a new home as a new generation lifts up the torch and cries out, "Why isn't there a special week for white people!"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cactus posted:

I’ll be happy for 100 feet of actual wall at this point ;/

3 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:08:00 AM by chris37 (Donald J. Trump, Tom Brady, The Patriots... American Destiny!)

Yup, can't build something massive and useless, so let's build something small and more useless. <--------- Ladies and gents, the conservative mindset

quote:

To: FreedomStar3028
They aren’t all worthless. That’s not fair. The ones that come here legally are great, and usually assimilate and love America.
They aren't all bad its true. But 70% of Hispanics vote democrat. We can't keep taking tons of them in and survive. the whole country will become California.

13 posted on 7/14/2017, 7:59:19 AM by Cubs Fan (Liberals are the most hateful, violent and intolerant people in America)

Can't imagine why they like voting dem. Perhaps because Republicans are the ones constantly trying to shaft immigrants and making them a target to spend hate on.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 14, 2017

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

With DaleReed's passing, I think the spirit of Freep laid in street and died with him.

JimRob is just the body still lingering and I have a feeling JoRob will just let it die.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

My Face When posted:

With DaleReed's passing, I think the spirit of Freep laid in street and died with him.

JimRob is just the body still lingering and I have a feeling JoRob will just let it die.

Jimrob's not in the best shape himself, what with the limb losses from muscular dystrophy.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The prodigal son returns!

JimRob posted:

The good news, though, is John has finally checked in. He's been out of town a lot in the last couple weeks dealing with some urgent family issues regarding his other half's adopted child. Praying that works out soon. He also says his phone needs to be replaced and has not had time to get it done.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
that's understandable, it's not like he gets paid $100k a year to care for a decrepit website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I don't know poo poo about running a website, but I know for a fact I could do it better than him.

Step one - outsource it to someone in India for $25k.

Step two - laugh and laugh and laugh.