Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New comer to the thread, Goblin is very Strong.

Set in your standard Fantasy world with summoned heroes, We follow the exploits of a simple goblin. A goblin who through sheer luck became level 99 and is now on par with the demon king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's cute, but I wish she was wearing shorts.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ehh, it's boring.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I think it has enough potential to last for roughly 12 episodes of seven minutes or less.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Here's a nice new one, quite funny!

The Demon King's Secretary.

I'm rather fond of the so-hypercompetent-it's-kinda-scary secretary trope!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

I'm rather fond of the so-hypercompetent-it's-kinda-scary secretary trope!

I feel bad for the Demon King, he doesn't know what's about to happen to him but on the plus side his infrastructure is about to get a massive boost.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Dungeon Meshi 34

Sauerkraut

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

It ain't a good old fashioned D&D Dungeon Crawl until someone gets petrified. :getin:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Proper Petrification Positioning Prevents Potential Pulverization

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Also I went back to the Basilisk chapter and look what I found.

Good for you Laius.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 14, 2017

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Proper Petrification Positioning Prevents Potential Pulverization

There is a none-to-subtle horror in knowing that whatever post you pick may be the only thing people remember you for in the coming years.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Makin' a list, checking it twice.
Gonna find out who's naughty or nice.
Santa Claus is coming to town the Princess' room :getin:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Dungeon Meshi is just so good. It's very funny, but it also has excellent and consistent world-building. Not to mention the whole (main) cast is very interesting - certainly none of them are "Lawful Good", but they're all decent people in their own way. I can't think of another manga I read that's consistently as exciting or hilarious.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Dungeon Meshi 35

(it'shappening.gif)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess they aren't gonna leave after all

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Dungeon Meshi 35

(it'shappening.gif)
Short chapter but it still feels like it started and stopped at the right points. Shame we have to wait a month to see what Kabru is up too. Someone should also get Sureau a plate or five. The man is malnourished and he should have learned his lesson from last time.

The feathered chick interests me a lot too. At first I had her pegged as the groups priest but it also looks like she's a summoner and/or beast tamer.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Kabru just exudes the anime evil look.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Finally, the two harem protagonists meet up! Can't wait to see them clash.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everyone is much cuter this chapter.

I call this...Chopperfication.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
Beautiful chapter. More dungeon ecology, and that meet-up happening much earlier than I would have expected...

I feel that the overall pacing in Dungeon Meshi is good and brisk enough to make up for it being monthly.

One thing I'm confused about is, where did that spider monster come from? I assume someone in that megaparty can turn into or summon a spider monster?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's a tsuchigumo and they are all super japanese. connect the dots, dude.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Advokat might not be super familiar with Japanese monsters.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Please that's an Ushioni, not a Tsuchigumo

Tsuchigumo don't have the heads of bulls

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Laius should eat Kabru

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Please that's an Ushioni, not a Tsuchigumo

Tsuchigumo don't have the heads of bulls

What? Obviously it was a Kotatsu, or maybe an Okonomiyaki.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Everything I learned about Japanese folk tale monsters I learned from Touhou. If it ain't frilly and in a bonnet, I ain't seein' it.

advokat
Nov 17, 2012
It's not a huge leap that someone in a Japanese party summoned (or turned into?) a Japanese-looking monster, no. I guess my question is, which one?

(And yeah, Google says that's probably an Ushioni.)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

advokat posted:

It's not a huge leap that someone in a Japanese party summoned (or turned into?) a Japanese-looking monster, no. I guess my question is, which one?

(And yeah, Google says that's probably an Ushioni.)

If I'm not mistaken, one of the character classes from a later wizardry game is the Onmyouji. From what I know about Japanese mythology (through Shaman King), they were spiritualist who were said to be able to control various spirits and Youkai. Of which oni fall under that banner.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New Goblin Is Very Strong, where the heroes get a friendly tour of the Demon Lord's castle. The series has a couple issues, but I still find it charming overall. Even when they do this.

I like the interactions between Goblin and Demon Lord, too.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Skeleton Knight, best new character of 2017

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The series has some very bad jokes, but it also has some very good jokes, like fart trumpets or this:

(I can confirm that this game is, in fact, evil and will take your soul)

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Another chapter of Delicious Dungeon just popped out of the oven.

I'm enjoying seeing the entire extended cast interacting, and there's some great character acting and page layouts in this issue. This is consistently one of the best produced and creative mangas I've seen in years.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Squidster posted:

I'm enjoying seeing the entire extended cast interacting, and there's some great character acting and page layouts in this issue. This is consistently one of the best produced and creative mangas I've seen in years.

:yeah:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
masked dude, no. don't air the dirty laundry in front of the professional poo poo-stirrer.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Squidster posted:

Wh-what has she become??! A sphinx?! She looks like a failed creation of human transmutation alchemy. Oh Farlyn... :ohdear:

This keeps getting better. I was expecting it to end neatly when they revived Farlyn, but man, it keeps ramping up in this lowkey way that I just find so addictive and exciting!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

Wh-what has she become??! A sphinx?! She looks like a failed creation of human transmutation alchemy. Oh Farlyn... :ohdear:

This keeps getting better. I was expecting it to end neatly when they revived Farlyn, but man, it keeps ramping up in this lowkey way that I just find so addictive and exciting!

Looks like it's some sort of bird thing. Could be turning into a feathered dragon or something?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

masked dude, no. don't air the dirty laundry in front of the professional poo poo-stirrer.

Lol if you think Sureau would have another man in his party

Also good call on not letting catgirl get anywhere near the kitchen. These hairs get everywhere.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Kabru is weirding me the gently caress out.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Haha remember like a year ago when people (myself included) were anticipating this wrapping up soon and then this last page

Hahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Slime posted:

Looks like it's some sort of bird thing. Could be turning into a feathered dragon or something?

The dragon part of her is attempting to return to its previous form. I bet whenever Farlyn remembers herself again, she'll be able to shapeshift back as well.