Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

I'm going to buy this game; would I be loving myself not buying Stormblood as well?

Captain Oblivious posted:

There's no point buying the expansion pre-50. It wouldn't do anything.

Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ark posted:

I'm going to buy this game; would I be loving myself not buying Stormblood as well?

There's no point buying the expansion pre-50. It wouldn't do anything.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

OWLS! posted:

SusanoEx status: Dead. Cross-server crew rode in to the rescue.

yeah only took us like 3 or 4 pulls and think we had 3 people get the achievement. successful goon project!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Ghost of Starman posted:

This thread needs more pictures of people showing off their cool decked-out characters. (in my humble lowbie opinion)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ferrinus posted:

He just does his Unekhi animation + lightning nova without so much as a cast bar. It's incredible that he doesn't even loudly tell you he's growing bored or something.

Jovial Susano likes talking. If he stops talking, that means he is disappointed with you and you should feel bad about that.

Also the best Lakshmi clears are the ones where she dies from DoT damage while everybody is busy falling off the edge from the Divine Denial enrage. Other than the clears where you actually did things right and she died five minutes ago, that is. It's an easy fight but also kind of obnoxious and I am not really eager to do it again.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Lmao

Just me and my duck

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Woah what pieces are the Assassins Creed getup

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

A Spider Covets posted:

Lmao

Just me and my duck

Good 'ol Christmas Duck.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nice d*ckpic :ducksiren:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Thanks to everyone that helped me clear Susano Ex. You restored my confidence in running with goons

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What does a Dark Knight want to meld left side anyway?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody can agree on which substats are best, which means they're close enough that it doesn't matter that much as long as you pick one and stack it. I think Dervy was saying Tenacity is better than people give it credit for?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ImpAtom posted:

SKILLSPEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD!!!!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
All this DGKK slander makes me sad. It took us a few tries, which initially frustrated me, but I thought we only had the one new person. When I saw 3 or 4 achievements pop, it was the exact opposite feeling. We did great for having people who weren't quite sure what to do.

ImpAtom posted:

Man, that's weird. I don't know her enrage at all. The only Lakshmi wipes I regularly see are "DPSes hosed up the add-killing phase."

When that happens, usually only a few people die. Then those people have to sit out for a few mechanics. Then a healer LB3 can bring everyone back. And she's definitely going to enrage. The other occasion was when the poor newbie OT cleaved the party a number of times because they hadn't gotten the positioning down. A lot of DPS just kept getting slayed. I still only have the 1 Lakshmi clear and it took me hours, but I have no reason to go back because Omega got me i320 stuff for the most part.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ok I know gitgud can cover it but as a leveling healer who's still learning the ropes tanks who put on str gear and go deliverance for bosses and aoe pulls scare the living poo poo out of me :cry:

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

As always, it does depend on your exact gear, but for maximizing your personal dps it would very likely be direct hit at this point.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ciaphas posted:

Ok I know gitgud can cover it but as a leveling healer who's still learning the ropes tanks who put on str gear and go deliverance for bosses and aoe pulls scare the living poo poo out of me :cry:

think of it as a challenge, not something scary. if they die then oh well swiftcast raise. if you die, then you get a second chance to try everything and 95% of the time no one will say anything mean.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ghost of Starman posted:

This thread needs more pictures of people showing off their cool decked-out characters. (in my humble lowbie opinion)

I think I only like my WoL in dark colors. The leveling gear at some point had me in all white and I wasn't a fan.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

Lmao

Just me and my duck

I love my duck

Captain Oblivious posted:

Woah what pieces are the Assassins Creed getup

Gazelleskin/Twinsilk of Healing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Of course then I don't get to spam Holy because I'm too busy mashing Cure 2 or at least Cure :v:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Oh my god

:allears: :allears: :allears:

The best part is it's so easy to just casually get top dps as RDM just because everyone else lost GCDs for mechanics, how insanely garbo do you have to be

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Oh my god

:allears: :allears: :allears:

The best part is it's so easy to just casually get top dps as RDM just because everyone else lost GCDs for mechanics, how insanely garbo do you have to be

pictured here: one selfish, jerkwad red mage choosing to only dps and one noble utility-bringing soul who occasionally cast jolt ii while looking for an opportunity to heal (without ever finding one successfully). i don't know how we could have beat deltascape two point zero without him tbh

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Despite having never done any extreme or savage content, I think I managed to beat FFXIV tonight.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
EZ fix for the dumb Lily mechanics: Instead of Cure/Cure2, a Lily is generated whenever you have a critical tick of Aero2/Aero3.

Pay me, Square.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Sure!

You! Stop standing in the bad!

Growth of a Red Mage:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 15, 2017

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
The healer sets in Stormblood are SO GOOD.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sam Sanskrit posted:

Agreed. The color selection on that glamour makes me jealous.

Thanks! It's Rhotano Blue on all the blue bits, everything else is just default colours.

Gun: Ala Mhigan
Head: MCH AF2 goggles
Top: Archaeoleather top of gathering/crafting
Gloves: MCH AF3 gloves
Bottom: Kudzu trousers (level 64 gear)
Boots: Gazelleskin? boots (the level 60 SB vendor gear)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

isk posted:

Gazelleskin/Twinsilk of Healing

Can Ninja get an outfit similar to this? Cause its just begging for some A.Creed glamour.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
So how's Omega now that launch congestion issues should mostly be behind us? I considered transferring back then but wanted to wait and see how many goons actually do the jump over there. How many people are there in Please Calm Down?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Boy, tonight's live letter cover art is pretty egregious cheesecake.

only one male roe bulge? for shame

quote:

People are already at the event and asking the dev team questions, and posting stuff to twitter.
http://ff14net.2chblog.jp/archives/51698215.html
Translations of things so far:
There will be adjustments to Dragon Sight
Something about casters, either BLM or RDM, it looks like the poster might have made a typo
Looking into implementing ways for players to visit the garden before the 4.0 final boss again after clearing it
Doing something about Demi-Bahamut blocking the view likely won't make it for 4.05, but they'll look into something going forward
We'll talk about Machinist and Dragoon in the PLL
Adjustments to Shake Off, will talk about the Beast Gauge getting halved in the PLL
Editted, some more:
YoshiP says that Monks could outdamage Samurai in Savage Raids
The dev team agrees that the level 70 WHM skill is hard to use and will be adjusted

isk
Oct 3, 2007

quote:

Looking into implementing ways for players to visit the garden before the 4.0 final boss again after clearing it

Best live letter

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
will 4.1 get a name/release date tonight

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Please make MCH not suck :pray:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

i knew those first few classes to 70 were way too clean

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Minrad posted:

Adjustments to Shake Off, will talk about the Beast Gauge getting halved in the PLL

Well, alright then. :shobon:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Spearfishing is shittier than I expected.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks for this!

:kimchi:

Sure! My character on Excal is still working through Heavensward, but I got an early start on the endgame (glamours) on her. The Thavnairian Bolero set looks awesome in royal purple if you ask me.

Bonus: My Elezen SMN from over on Midgardsormr.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I love spearfishing, let me spearfish forever

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
me, spearfishing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyOWoxXCeoA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

jyrque posted:

So how's Omega now that launch congestion issues should mostly be behind us? I considered transferring back then but wanted to wait and see how many goons actually do the jump over there. How many people are there in Please Calm Down?
More than a hundred and they're mostly active.