Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Well, ultimately Bernie is a bit limited in what he can do, since he's not in control of campaign funding or the direction of the party as a whole.

Also he isn't a member of the party which further limits his control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Grouchio posted:

Are the democrats already starting to slip up their chances for a 2018 majority in congress? I haven't been hearing good news since Ossoff lost that district, and I've heard little from Bernie. Is he actually managing to help things?

oklahoma turned a little bluer no-thanks to the dems

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

Also he isn't a member of the party which further limits his control.

it also helps limit what the idiotic center can try to do to take him down

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Condiv posted:

it also helps limit what the idiotic center can try to do to take him down

How so? Bernie is pretty safe in his senate seat. Being a Democrat wouldn't make him any more vulnerable to losing his seat.

Condiv posted:

oklahoma turned a little bluer no-thanks to the dems

Yeah gently caress those Dems who ran and won those seats. No thanks to them at all.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

It seems not much is going on since there aren't any major elections in the horizon at the moment. When primaries start for 2018 I'm guessing things will start picking up.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

How so? Bernie is pretty safe in his senate seat. Being a Democrat wouldn't make him any more vulnerable to losing his seat.

i'm sure dems could find extra ways to gently caress with him if he was actually within the dem power structure. they're already trying to sink him because they're super scared of the most popular politician on their side for some reason

quote:

Yeah gently caress those Dems who ran and won those seats. No thanks to them at all.

uh, maybe you're under the impression that the ok dem party should be considered part of the dems, but i don't think so. it's been abandoned by the dem party for a long long time, and these wins were because of oklahomans and oklahomans only, not dems

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
how is someone as stupid as you permitted to loving live

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Effete Frenchmen afraid of a little blood on their hands.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Condiv posted:

uh, maybe you're under the impression that the ok dem party should be considered part of the dems, but i don't think so. it's been abandoned by the dem party for a long long time, and these wins were because of oklahomans and oklahomans only, not dems

i think their choice to uh, keep their name and political affiliation would disagree with your version of the facts

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bernie's going to be in jail before anyone from the Trump admin.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Lol if you think that investigation is anything but a legless smear job.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kokoro Wish posted:

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Kokoro Wish posted:

It began under obama so it's obviously a neoliberal plot

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Wait, is Debbie Wasserman Schultz back in a lead role in "The Resistence™"?

Oh god these people are loving roaches.

JeffersonClay posted:

Correct. Though it began with a conversation based on hearsay with a Republican in Vermont. The bank that they say was defrauded have made no complaint, by the way.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 15, 2017

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Kokoro Wish posted:

Considering it began Jan 2016, then yes. This was just another bullet in the clip of smears.

uh, magazine of spears get your anti-obama rhetoric on point

Oh you edited, :shrug:

JeffersonClay fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 15, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I did, I said "bullet in the clip of smears" and thought it just sounded awkward.

Also:

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status/885357305268711424

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

From what I understand about the Bernie investigation (or rather the investigation on his wife), it seems like there's a reasonable chance his wife hosed up, but there isn't any evidence of Sanders himself being involved (I believe the specific accusation was that he pressured the bank to approve the loan or something).

Though there's a certain degree of irony to seeing many of the same people who (correctly) said Hillary shouldn't be condemned due to the actions of her husband turning around and doing the same thing to someone who happens to be a political opponent.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

From what I understand about the Bernie investigation (or rather the investigation on his wife), it seems like there's a reasonable chance his wife hosed up, but there isn't any evidence of Sanders himself being involved (I believe the specific accusation was that he pressured the bank to approve the loan or something).

Though there's a certain degree of irony to seeing many of the same people who (correctly) said Hillary shouldn't be condemned due to the actions of her husband turning around and doing the same thing to someone who happens to be a political opponent.

I think I see the problem.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's pretty hilarious that with all the loving in-your-face fraud by the Trumps going on, hand-wringing about Bernie's supposed malfeasance is downright quaint.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

skylined! posted:

i think their choice to uh, keep their name and political affiliation would disagree with your version of the facts

yeah, the ok dem party is affiliated, but this is not a democratic party victory as the democratic party has left said oklahoma dem party abandoned for ages. maybe you idiots that have never lived in the state think obama and the rest should be credited with this victory, but the lack of support from the national party for decades really makes this an oklahoman victory, not a democratic party one. hope that clears things up for you

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kokoro Wish posted:

yes, but I don't discount the possibility of the Trump admin trying to perform a leg transplant

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Saying six years ago to a lending committee that Burlington College had a chance of surviving as a legitimate educational institution is pretty cool. Not as cool as backing up classified poo poo on a server in your personal residence because you're just that bad with computers, or claiming it couldn't have been solicitication from the FSB because your firstborn son is actually a potato in a suit and legumes cannot act in a strictly legal sense, but still pretty cool.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

From what I understand the issue is that the loan application may have included specific lies (as opposed to just saying "I think we can pay this off" and that not being the case). Like saying "We're supposed to get $X from this person in a year" when that isn't true.

edit: I mean it's not something I personally care about, but if that's true I think it could definitely get her in trouble.

edit2: Like, I feel like any time a bank gives a loan they're choosing to take a risk, and if they don't do due diligence it's their problem.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Mister Facetious posted:

Like Cincinnati having chilli on spaghetti.
What the gently caress.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I was phone posting, gimme a break.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Inescapable Duck posted:

The terrifying thing is that Donald Trump is the most identifiable, human candidate. He's a slimy used car salesman who inherited too much money, but he still has more in common with most people than the reptilians both parties tried to present.

There's some kind of cultural Hapsburgism that modern establishment people seem to present.
That's not really fair to the OG Viennese Habsburgs, who were basically okay. I'd take them over the Trumps, for certain.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Oxxidation posted:

how is someone as stupid as you permitted to loving live
aren't you the dumb poo poo who just shows up to half-rear end dox posters you don't like? gently caress off

JeffersonClay posted:

this but unironically

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
posting videos of thread regulars is against the forum rules, fyi

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Where is our Nixon avatar fella anyway?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kilroy posted:

posting videos of thread regulars is against the forum rules, fyi

Who's a regular on the what now? I found that tweet in a Raw Story article on the subject.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Kokoro Wish posted:

Who's a regular on the what now? I found that tweet in a Raw Story article on the subject.
okay your avatar really fits, 'grats :)

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

We're gonna need a new one of these - :mitt: but Zuck's face.
Why the gently caress is zuck in somebody's house? Who the gently caress does this house belong to because it certainly isn't bread boy's?!
e: drat I'm an hour behind "who's house is this" :(

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i am harry posted:

Why the gently caress is zuck in somebody's house? Who the gently caress does this house belong to because it certainly isn't bread boy's?!

I have all these questions and more. Sadly, I have no answers to give.

A theory may be that his AI sprang a bug and his home address GPS unit lost tracking.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody edit it so there's robot noises as he moves and chews and stuff. Thank you.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jizz Festival posted:

Somebody edit it so there's robot noises as he moves and chews and stuff. Thank you.

Got you fam

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/nBNion2.gif&v=JvucqsHktVo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ytlaya posted:

From what I understand the issue is that the loan application may have included specific lies (as opposed to just saying "I think we can pay this off" and that not being the case). Like saying "We're supposed to get $X from this person in a year" when that isn't true.

edit: I mean it's not something I personally care about, but if that's true I think it could definitely get her in trouble.

edit2: Like, I feel like any time a bank gives a loan they're choosing to take a risk, and if they don't do due diligence it's their problem.

the argument i heard wrt that was that those were pledges, and pledges tend to break their funding promises all the time. cause that's what they are, promises and not contracts. likewise, said pledges are likely to lie and say "i didn't offer $X support!" if it comes out that they pledged $X but ended up giving $Y, because going back on your word is p embarrassing, and them doing such tanked the college the pledged to support.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Hey now, some times you have to make compromises and that's the best we can do in a republican stronghold like New York City. Sorry Fernando Cabrera isn't pure enough for you but did you see the other guys?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Condiv posted:

yeah, the ok dem party is affiliated, but this is not a democratic party victory as the democratic party has left said oklahoma dem party abandoned for ages. maybe you idiots that have never lived in the state think obama and the rest should be credited with this victory, but the lack of support from the national party for decades really makes this an oklahoman victory, not a democratic party one. hope that clears things up for you

Condiv posted:

uh, maybe you're under the impression that the ok dem party should be considered part of the dems

what are goalposts, anyway

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

skylined! posted:

what are goalposts, anyway

are you incapable of reading? cause the two posts quoted neither conflict with each other nor constitute a change in stance.

like you seem to be thinking i was saying the oklahoma dem party is not part of the dem party, which is a p smoothbrained interpretation of what I wrote. the ok dems should not be considered part of the dem party because of the dem party's abandonment of them. as far as the dem party was concerned until a week ago, oklahoma democrats were non-existant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

maybe you should read up on the difference between "is" and "should be", it might make reading D&D posts easier for you

• Locked thread