Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Red Metal posted:

It's forced Timid.

drat, relatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Can I at least SR for hidden power or will it have the same stats every time?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Yeah, IVs are still randomized.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Thanks. Got my beautiful black Tapu Koko. It sucks that I can't give it a nickname though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I picked Moon back up again after not playing it in months for a variety of reasons none of which being that I didn't like it. I have a Vulpix, Slowpoke, and Pikachu at the minute and I was wondering if there is an optimal level to evolve them into their respective stone evolutions? I don't care about PvP and minmaxing I mean just with respect to learning certain moves etc. Thanks!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

EmmyOk posted:

I picked Moon back up again after not playing it in months for a variety of reasons none of which being that I didn't like it. I have a Vulpix, Slowpoke, and Pikachu at the minute and I was wondering if there is an optimal level to evolve them into their respective stone evolutions? I don't care about PvP and minmaxing I mean just with respect to learning certain moves etc. Thanks!

Slowpoke doesn't stone evolve. It evolves at 37 or when traded holding a King's Rock.

Pikachu can be evolved whenever since it gets Electro Ball super early and Thunderbolt right around when you get the TM anyways. Vulpix should be evolved probably around 36 as that's when it gets Flamethrower/Ice Beam depending on forme.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Zore posted:

Slowpoke doesn't stone evolve. It evolves at 37 or when traded holding a King's Rock.

Pikachu can be evolved whenever since it gets Electro Ball super early and Thunderbolt right around when you get the TM anyways. Vulpix should be evolved probably around 36 as that's when it gets Flamethrower/Ice Beam depending on forme.

Cool thanks! Yeah that's what I meant WRT to Slowpoke, I want to get a Slowking rather than Slowbro so it's up to me when I evolve him.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

EmmyOk posted:

Cool thanks! Yeah that's what I meant WRT to Slowpoke, I want to get a Slowking rather than Slowbro so it's up to me when I evolve him.

If you want Slack off after level 36. Otherwise whenever as they have largely the same learnset (Slowking gets Nasty Plot at 36 instead if you want that).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd recommend waiting until PIkachu gets Discharge before evolving, otherwise you lack a good Electric move. There's no point in waiting for Thunderbolt since by the time it gets it, you'll get the TM.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'd recommend waiting until PIkachu gets Discharge before evolving, otherwise you lack a good Electric move. There's no point in waiting for Thunderbolt since by the time it gets it, you'll get the TM.

I mean, its Alola. Pikachu's speed is enough for Electro Ball to have 80+ power on drat near everything.

Like there are less than 20 pokemon in the dex that outspeed Raichu. And a huge chunk of those are Ultra Beasts and pokemon you only run into in the endgame.

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 14, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I looked up the wiki and I might be dumb but I think my Pikachu is too old to learn it because he evolved from a Pichu at level 28 or so. I just got Discharge though so I'll evolve him whenever I come across a thunder stone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zore posted:

If you want Slack off after level 36. Otherwise whenever as they have largely the same learnset (Slowking gets Nasty Plot at 36 instead if you want that).
Can't you breed for Slack Off as an egg move with two Slowpoke with SO? Might be a good idea, since getting a second King's Rock mid game is a lot more work than a bit of breeding.

NP, SO, Surf, Psychic is a drat good set for just playing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Can't you breed for Slack Off as an egg move with two Slowpoke with SO? Might be a good idea, since getting a second King's Rock mid game is a lot more work than a bit of breeding.

NP, SO, Surf, Psychic is a drat good set for just playing.
Yeah. You can also just evolve it at level 36 and it'll learn both; slack off on level up and Nasty Plot once its traded. Or you can use the move relearner to get Nasty Plot if you really want it later or whatever.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Quote is not edit

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zore posted:

Yeah. You can also just evolve it at level 36 and it'll learn both; slack off on level up and Nasty Plot once its traded. Or you can use the move relearner to get Nasty Plot if you really want it later or whatever.
That is probably way simpler.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not quite true since Pikachu learns it at 42 and the TM is in Poni Plains which is post Pokemon League. If Pikachu is one of your active party members then it should get Thunderbolt way before you find the TM.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Pokken tourney is out next week for the BotWbox Switch. Should I buy it day one?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Pokken tourney is out next week for the BotWbox Switch. Should I buy it day one?

No it's not, is coming out in like September. But you should pick it up when it comes out, it's a great game

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Not sure if this was posted before but you all should watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNlLzm2wRA

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

^ I don't know what they're selling, but I feel compelled to buy it.

Zelder posted:

No it's not, is coming out in like September. But you should pick it up when it comes out, it's a great game

drat, I googled the release date and it must be for another version. I got excited.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Txn posted:

Not sure if this was posted before but you all should watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooNlLzm2wRA

you liar

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Red Metal posted:

It's forced Timid.

Seriously? I took a zero speed IV cause I didn't feel like rolling the dice to get Timid again. I thought I was lucky to get Timid on the first try. :(

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

PSWII60 posted:

Seriously? I took a zero speed IV cause I didn't feel like rolling the dice to get Timid again. I thought I was lucky to get Timid on the first try. :(

Quick, to the Hypermobile!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've been mainly focusing on collecting Pokémon rather than badges etc. because that's the part that I like. I've been going through my boxes and evolving everything I've caught to at least it's second stage and is it my imagination or do they get more EXP if I swap around Pokémon in a fight as opposed to letting one Pokémon win? A couple of my buckos are WTs because I did a load of those until I had all three starters. I'm pretty sure they are getting bonus EXP for being trades at least.

Also what's the deal with the beans? Should I be too fussed about never using them? I used them a lot on my Pikachu when I thought it helped friendship level and he dodges attacks and survives KO shots now. Thanks in advance pals, I thought I'd ask smart goons instead of googling and getting confused because I am very dumb.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Plain and patterned beans are for speeding up the activities on Poke Pelago. Rainbow beans are for making your pokemon like you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I've been mainly focusing on collecting Pokémon rather than badges etc. because that's the part that I like. I've been going through my boxes and evolving everything I've caught to at least it's second stage and is it my imagination or do they get more EXP if I swap around Pokémon in a fight as opposed to letting one Pokémon win? A couple of my buckos are WTs because I did a load of those until I had all three starters. I'm pretty sure they are getting bonus EXP for being trades at least.

Every pokemon gets full experience if you put it out in a fight. So if you aggressively swap in every one of your pokemon against every opponent you get effectively 6x exp compared to if you don't.

By comparison, EXP share only gives inactive pokemon 1/2 exp if you don't swap them in.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

EmmyOk posted:

Also what's the deal with the beans? Should I be too fussed about never using them? I used them a lot on my Pikachu when I thought it helped friendship level and he dodges attacks and survives KO shots now. Thanks in advance pals, I thought I'd ask smart goons instead of googling and getting confused because I am very dumb.

2-3 rainbow beans max their affection, which gives a permanent exp boost.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh wow I never expected that maxing affection would give a permanent boost, that's great! I assume that's the metre I'm building when I pat them on the head?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yep. Also when your pokes like you more they'll to get bonuses in battle, like dodging attacks and getting rid of status conditions (only in single player though).

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dienes posted:

2-3 rainbow beans max their affection, which gives a permanent exp boost.

2 rainbow beans and one plain bean should do it, as I recall. If that doesn't work, then 2 rainbows and one patterned will.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Two rainbow beans and two or three tummy rubs.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hustlin Floh posted:

Yep. Also when your pokes like you more they'll to get bonuses in battle, like dodging attacks and getting rid of status conditions (only in single player though).

And then sometimes they'll get an affection critical on something you're just trying to weaken

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Zelder posted:

And then sometimes they'll get an affection critical on something you're just trying to weaken

This is why you never leave home without False Swipe.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ariong posted:

2 rainbow beans and one plain bean should do it, as I recall. If that doesn't work, then 2 rainbows and one patterned will.

Rainbow beans aren't super rare, my friends deserve the best.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So I found out yesterday that my US 3DS/Sun can receive wireless gifts in Japan. Does anyone know if codes are fine too? There's currently a promotion where you can get a Mew for going to two 7-11s, but you get a Serial Code for it.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The codes seem to be region locked from what I could tell. But I would have assumed the signals were too, so :shrug:

Maybe if they are unique codes, and not a universal one for the region it could be more likely to work.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Fanart proof that Necrozma can make any pokemon look bad.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Hustlin Floh posted:

Also sometimes they survive with 1 HP because they don't want you to be sad :3:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Those look really cool, I love them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

lezard_valeth posted:

Ho-Oh looks cool. Lugia would, too, if there weren't those awkward whatevers sticking off the back of its arms/wings.