Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dwesa posted:

More than a hundred and they're mostly active.

Yeah of our 114 members, only a handful haven't logged in within the last week. Personally speaking it feels just as active as the other free companies - more so sometimes considering back in Excalibur we were on during sleepytime or worktime hours for the Americans.

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it's time

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ghost of Starman posted:

This thread needs more pictures of people showing off their cool decked-out characters. (in my humble lowbie opinion)

The siren song of glamour shots calls.

Got a whisper while taking the ninja shot asking if I was cosplaying as Ganondorf, and now I'm sad there's no option for a massive mane hairstyle. Or just many big-hair hairstyles in general.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Just got WAR to 30 and got my tank stance, is this suppose to be like WOW where i keep my tank stance on for the whole dungeon no matter happens or should i drop it once it's safe to do some extra damage? Knowing the way this game and how most random dungeons work i would assume i do drop it for more Deeps but the cautious side of me says to just keep it on at all times.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The latter. You'll get an actual DPS stance at 52 and abilities for it afterwards.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Dwesa posted:

More than a hundred and they're mostly active.

Sounds great! DGKK has been about the same during my play hours. Maybe I'll just migrate.

edit: or I would if the world wasn't unavailable for transfer. :v:

which is weird because considering this http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/1a497643f336b60163223305ae23e07acb3d22f6 Omega should be open.

edit 2: I remembered that the free migration period was over but seems like migration overall is still restricted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/9c59749659a08d7101906f1389ca8ad89cb580c1

jyrque fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 15, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Fending accessories will get STR added.
Dark Arts potency will be increased along with Soul Eater combo buff; Quietus will have extra effect implemented. Adjustments are still underway.
Beast Gauge will not be consumed for stance swapping.
Holy Spirit potency reduced by 40.

SCH gets Miasma 2.
AST cards will be visible on party list.

DRG Elusive Jump is 30 sec and tether is longer

MCH will have their base damage increased
It'll be an overall potency increased
Heat Gauge will be made easier to maintain
Rook and Bishop Overload will have increase of potency of 400 to 800

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Without potency changes those DRG changes are nothing

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Please drop Onslaught BG cost.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Free Triangle posted:

Without potency changes those DRG changes are nothing

they're getting unspecified potency buffs

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Alliance raid roulette to be added, In 4.1 they will also add the ability to pre-form Alliances with the cross-server system, and they also finally plan to change Labyrinth of the Ancients to match the 1 Tank per Party system used in every other 24-man Raid

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Just got WAR to 30 and got my tank stance, is this suppose to be like WOW where i keep my tank stance on for the whole dungeon no matter happens or should i drop it once it's safe to do some extra damage? Knowing the way this game and how most random dungeons work i would assume i do drop it for more Deeps but the cautious side of me says to just keep it on at all times.

I like playing it safe and rarely if ever drop out of tank stance in 4 man content. As you continue to level up you will have new abilities that can only be used while in stance after building up the beast gauge as well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

Q4. With role actions, each of the job are now able to take various roles; however, for healers, there are important role actions such as Protect and Esuna, so I am having trouble deciding on what to set. Do you have plans to increase the amount of role actions that can be set?

A4. Since players can select the actions, we have no plans to do this. However, during 4.0 we discussed on what do with Protect.

We discussed that in actuality it doesn’t matter if it’s there or not, but we ultimately decided to leave it in. Please continue to leave your feedback regarding things like this!

Protect is literally pointless in Yoshi's opinion yet he still wont let users just have it because tanks can't play the game without it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

2 Drknight SHadowhedghog {Protect}?
1 Dishonest Healer Nah it's pointless
2 Drknight SHadowhedghog plz i cna pull with out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the people DEMAND namazu plushies

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the problem with drg is not their potency, it is just fundamentally broken and unfun to play right now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ilifinicus posted:

the problem with drg is not their potency, it is just fundamentally broken and unfun to play right now

more elusive jumps please look forward to it

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

i like drg

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the only jobs not getting touched it seems like are SAM RDM and BRD

well and MNK which is "come talk to us after Savage"

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

dragoon is like OH poo poo I GOT MY BUTTONS NOW FINALLY AFTER 80 SECONDS OF BATTLE

and then the boss leaves

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ilifinicus posted:

In fairness the potency is kind of poo poo too.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

drg is...good? :thunk:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I would have taken greased lightning 4 over riddle of fire

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ilifinicus posted:

It's fun, actually.
I'm sorry, but not surprised, to hear that you're incapable of fun.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I would have taken greased lightning 4 over riddle of fire

But the bad players wouldn't be able to play Monks then. Please consider the feelings of bad players.

(Greased Lightning 4 would have been a dream come true.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yoship laughing when a return to ivalice question comes up like he's surprised it took this long

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yessss gimme those drk buffs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hogama posted:

Alliance raid roulette to be added, In 4.1 they will also add the ability to pre-form Alliances with the cross-server system, and they also finally plan to change Labyrinth of the Ancients to match the 1 Tank per Party system used in every other 24-man Raid
Finally!! I'm glad they're going to try to keep the old 24-mans alive because it's starting to get hard for newbies to see them.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mymla posted:

It's fun, actually.
I'm sorry, but not surprised, to hear that you're incapable of fun.

you must be insane to enjoy having your new buttons only be available to you when everyone else is done spending their big buttons, and having a DPS loss if you don't spend them immediately upon them becoming available to you

I can't use battle litany or dragon sight alongside Nåstrand because that would make bringing a dragoon to the party pointless because everyone else bursts after 5 GCDs, while I want to do it after 30 GCDs as the dragoon

plus the rotation is the same poo poo as we had throughout heavensward and we're still clipping chaos thrust because gently caress dragoons amiright

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

But the bad players wouldn't be able to play Monks then. Please consider the feelings of bad players.

(Greased Lightning 4 would have been a dream come true.)

Riddle of Fire takes more skill to use than a theoretical Greased Lightning 4 so this argument doesn't work tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Riddle of Fire takes more skill to use than a theoretical Greased Lightning 4 so this argument doesn't work tbh.

It's what was said on stream. I don't think RoF needs any skill to use though, it's just awkward and fucks with your sense of timing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's what was said on stream. I don't think RoF needs any skill to use though, it's just awkward and fucks with your sense of timing.

It means you need to create a burst window with your oGCDs rather just spamming them whenever they're off cooldown, you gotta keep in mind the different cooldowns of your oGCDs so that they're all up when RoF and Brotherhood come off cooldown so you can do some sick burst. This, in my opinion, takes more skill than just slamming out more buttons per second. That may be the reason given on stream, but I don't think it's quite true.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Summoner seems pretty cool, I like the dots and the pet. Not sure if it's tangible to level as the healer variant though. Seen it in a few Dungeons. Looks like tanks get the most bonus for daily Dungeons.

I've tanked in hard modes in ulduar (and Healy paladin) so I know I could do it but it's usually stressful so I avoid it. Healing on anything other than hard modes is usually enough to put me to asleep. The timing is easily the hardest part, since you get to avoid everything else about the fights that dps/tanks care about.

Anyways, I'm having fun, level 38 after a few weeks of a couple hours a night.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
what if riddle of fire were a temporary gl4 instead

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If it helps any, I'm a big nervous wuss and I for some reason picked WAR as my first 70 class for Stormblood. It went just fine. Likewise, healing isn't as boring in XIV because of damage spells that actually do something, it's quite fun. Maybe give each a try at some point, you never know.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

It means you need to create a burst window with your oGCDs rather just spamming them whenever they're off cooldown, you gotta keep in mind the different cooldowns of your oGCDs so that they're all up when RoF and Brotherhood come off cooldown so you can do some sick burst. This, in my opinion, takes more skill than just slamming out more buttons per second. That may be the reason given on stream, but I don't think it's quite true.

Most skills cooldowns line up with riddle of fire. You wont be holding anything unless theres going to be a period where you wont be able to hurt the boss or take advantage of brotherhood.

Steel peak is the only thing that doesn't line up perfectly with a riddle of fire. Howling fist and internal release line up every other riddle of fire and should be used on cooldown.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
On the downside, Gust Slash nerf. On the upside, I guess it's just 20 potency. Their rotation reasoning sounds pretty bullshit though. Oh well, yay, MCH buffs.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

The Grimace posted:

On the downside, Gust Slash nerf. On the upside, I guess it's just 20 potency. Their rotation reasoning sounds pretty bullshit though.

This straight up isn't even the first time this exact thing has happened on Ninja. For whatever reason, whenever they adjust NIN, players figure out a different + better rotation than the devs originally worked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Most skills cooldowns line up with riddle of fire. You wont be holding anything unless theres going to be a period where you wont be able to hurt the boss or take advantage of brotherhood.

Steel peak is the only thing that doesn't line up perfectly with a riddle of fire. Howling fist and internal release line up every other riddle of fire and should be used on cooldown.

But the thing is most fights will not have you doing an absolutely perfect rotation due to mechanics or whatever, so you need to adjust your timings to compensate. Like if you get stuck in the rock in Susan it fucks up your whole rotation and you need to adjust on the spot to determine what the best way to recover is. If we had just gotten GL4 you'd just go and mash out your base rotation all over again and not care. If Riddle of Fire was just GL4 that'd be fine too, it's mostly that just getting a straight fourth pip of GL4 without a connected cooldown would've been really boring, comparatively.