Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

£53m for Kyle loving Walker, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

AJ_Impy posted:

Walker was already being phased out in favour of Trippier towards the end of last season. He still has those lose-a-few-games-every-season lapses in concentration, but Dier, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen and Lloris have pretty much entirely glossed over that. Seeing City try to do the same with Stones, Bravo et al should be entertaining. His prime attribute is his pace, he's not going to be getting any faster with time. Tottenham have gotten away with daylight robbery here.
luckily City have Ederson, not Bravo as their first choice keeper

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

straight up brolic posted:

luckily City have Ederson, not Bravo as their first choice keeper

Et al, yes.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Akileese posted:

Is he that crocked that he had to go to Mexico? I figured he would've just gone back to Japan.

Mexicans love old Hondas. I expect we'll see a Piolin sticker on the back of his shirt

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

African AIDS cum posted:

Mexicans love old Hondas. I expect we'll see a Piolin sticker on the back of his shirt

lmao

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

hahaha

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
These are the haziest of details but didn't some club's guy pretend to be from another club at the airport and tricked the transfer target into coming back with him, and they managed to talk him into joining them instead?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
The Ali Dia scam "Saga" can never be topped.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Robinho didn't realise there were 2 clubs in Manchester and thought he was singing for Utd.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Willian was pretty good

If I wasn't an Albion fan the Odemwingie one would be my fav

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
what was the Herrera one from a couple years ago?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hadji murad posted:

what was the Herrera one from a couple years ago?

That was when United officials were negotiating with two people supposed to be representing Herrera who were actually nothing to do with Herrera.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Broken fax machine scuppering De Gea to Real Madrid was comedy.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

Post your favorite transfer sagas. Here are my best transfer sagas:

1. Odemwengie in QPR's parking lot
2. The babelcopter
3. Some club expecting to sign Berbatov and finding out that the transfer was off when his plane landed and he wasn't on it.
4. £40,000,001
5. De Gea and the fax machine

We've had a few ones this season already; Donnarammamauma, Arsenal sending a letter to Barcelona, Southampton and Liverpool, Dani Alves going to PSG instead of City, Diego Costa text message

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Chelsea hijacking the Willian transfer from Tottenham

Chelsea, Man Utd and Mikel

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
“I don’t know if it was Gerry Francis who paid, but it’s true the day I arrived in England I first went to White Hart Lane. I had a meeting with Mr Sugar and they made me an offer. Two hours later they ordered me a black cab, it was pre-paid, and I went to see Arsene Wenger at his place. When I arrived he was with David Dein, and two hours later I’d given my word to Arsenal” - Emmanuel Petit on his arrival in England in 1997.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Jacob Murphy has been left out of a preseason squad which is a sure sign he's coming to newcastle

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

Jacob Murphy has been left out of a preseason squad which is a sure sign he's coming to newcastle

He probably is going but he's not been in the squad because he was away with England u21s and got an extended holiday afterwards, only returned to training yesterday

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Over £50m for Walker is pretty lol. Well done Spurs. The guy is even 27 and unlikely to get any better. :laugh:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

He probably is going but he's not been in the squad because he was away with England u21s and got an extended holiday afterwards, only returned to training yesterday

the player norwich signed yesterday and another norwich player who was there are both in the squad

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PirateBob posted:

Over £50m for Walker is pretty lol. Well done Spurs. The guy is even 27 and unlikely to get any better. :laugh:

It's £45m + £5m, not sure how you get over £50m from that?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

pik_d posted:

its actually £50m + £3m.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

According to who?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

the player norwich signed yesterday and another norwich player who was there are both in the squad

oh I didn't even know there was a game today lol thought you were referring to the previous ones. Still think its going to rumble on past this weekend as Newcastle appear to not want to meet our asking price.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

pik_d posted:

According to who?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/14/kyle-walker-signs-manchester-city-world-record-deal-defender

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/kyle-walker-manchester-city-transfer-tottenham-latest-50m-contract-a7841571.html

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

current bid is £10m upfront with £2m in addons

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

pik_d posted:

MrBling posted:

its actually £50m + £3m.

It amuses me that you can fit the cost of Dele Alli including add-ons in the margin of error for Walker's transfer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

And these day 45+5

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40598351

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-kyle-walker-number-13333749

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3157745/kyle-walker-completes-transfer-to-manchester-city-from-tottenham-in-record-deal

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2017/07/15/37068452/spurs-agree-45-million-kyle-walker-sale-to-man-city

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

City have announced.... someone

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/886223935515262976

He'll 100% go out on loan immediately and probably never play for City.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

:qq:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

:allears:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Theres also the karmic comeback on this, when Liverpool attempted to buy Yevhen Konoplyanka by meeting his release clause and then successfully negotiating his contract, only for it to fall apart because his team didn't want him to leave so didn't file the paperwork.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

pik_d posted:

City have announced.... someone

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/886223935515262976

He'll 100% go out on loan immediately and probably never play for City.
He already has, to Girona.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
City are really bad at picking defenders.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gorn Myson posted:

Theres also the karmic comeback on this, when Liverpool attempted to buy Yevhen Konoplyanka by meeting his release clause and then successfully negotiating his contract, only for it to fall apart because his team didn't want him to leave so didn't file the paperwork.

He then went to Sevilla, who beat Liverpool in the 2016 Europa League final.

Saddest story ever told.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've written a new ending where Liverpool buy him this summer and they beat Sevilla in the Champions League final.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

T Bowl posted:

City are really bad at picking defenders.

Well ya, it even says right there he's a midfielder!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TimoeB08/status/886251457334448128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.skysports.com%2Ftransfer-centre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

pik_d posted:

He could cost £53m total, world's most expensive defender lol

• Locked thread