Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

headlor posted:

Oh no doubt.

And then in a year I'll get hacked off that they have hosed up the shipping of bones 4 in a spectacular fashion.

It's still cheeky.

They claimed that they wouldn't launch 4 until everyone had their poo poo from 3 so here's hoping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Cat Face Joe posted:

They claimed that they wouldn't launch 4 until everyone had their poo poo from 3 so here's hoping

I still think the distinction is, they have shipped it, not everyone has received it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think the distinction is they don't give a gently caress about anyone outside of the USA

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think the distinction is, 4th hasn't launched people, calm the gently caress down. Previewing a little of an upcoming kickstarter that is still months away is fine and good and totally appropriate: every company should build interest in an upcoming kickstarter that far out, and Reaper definitely does not want months of idle time at home while people at distribution centers around the world are still working. They need to put their sculptors and marketers etc. to work now, or they'll lose them. You can't just let your staff be unemployed for three to six months just because your previous kickstarter is now entirely in the shipping phase.

I get that folks are impatient and upset that stuff is taking a long time to get to them, but Reaper bothering to give useful work to their employees in the meantime is a good thing which directly benefits everyone.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm also upset that they ripped me off just fyi

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I'm also upset that they ripped me off just fyi

Not upset enough to actually tell them your grievances. You just complain about it here. It's exactly like people who bitch about the President but never voted.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Not upset enough to actually tell them your grievances. You just complain about it here. It's exactly like people who bitch about the President but never voted.

I complain about it on the KS too, along with some others, but they never respond to us and only to the people asking softball questions around us, because they know they've done something wrong and just don't care.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I complain about it on the KS too, along with some others, but they never respond to us and only to the people asking softball questions around us, because they know they've done something wrong and just don't care.

So directly ask them for a refund of your exorbitant shipping charges. Via email on their support line.

I mean I agree they ripped you off, but I don't understand at all being mad that this company is still planning to do another kickstarter; and if you're not upset about that, why would you be upset about them previewing stuff months in advance that will be in that kickstarter?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

So directly ask them for a refund of your exorbitant shipping charges. Via email on their support line.

I mean I agree they ripped you off, but I don't understand at all being mad that this company is still planning to do another kickstarter; and if you're not upset about that, why would you be upset about them previewing stuff months in advance that will be in that kickstarter?

The same reason I'm also upset about Palladium and RRT, and why others are upset about Mierce and Maelstrom.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

The same reason I'm also upset about Palladium and RRT, and why others are upset about Mierce and Maelstrom.

Those situations are quite different. Those companies have failed to deliver for years, used funds from a later kickstarter to pay for stuff for an earlier one, changed the products being delivered post-KS, hosed people on refunds, and in one case, closed their doors, kept the money, and then re-opened under a new company name and pretended like that wasn't literally theft.

All Reaper has done in your case is charged a lot for shipping for what turned out to be slow, ground/sea shipping that has delayed delivery by a handful of months. They haven't refused to refund you, haven't stolen your money, haven't changed the products they promised, and have not actually started another kickstarter or even started selling the products you're waiting for to the public. There's a categorical difference between "I paid for air shipping and am getting ground" and "they stole our money".

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

So dispute the payment via Paypal or whatever, or take them to small claims court, or write them a posted letter expressing your concerns. I genuinely empathize with your anger, but impotently raging about it here (or in the 3rd KS chat or the Reaper forums, apparently) isn't going to change anything. Either make a plan to get satisfaction and follow it through, or let it go and move on.

:australia:: I keep doing something that isn't effective. I guess I should keep doing it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

So dispute the payment via Paypal or whatever, or take them to small claims court, or write them a posted letter expressing your concerns. I genuinely empathize with your anger, but impotently raging about it here (or in the 3rd KS chat or the Reaper forums, apparently) isn't going to change anything. Either make a plan to get satisfaction and follow it through, or let it go and move on.

:australia:: I keep doing something that isn't effective. I guess I should keep doing it.

I mean he hasn't even sent them an email saying "I'm upset about this, please refund me the excess shipping charges and/or cancel my whole order and give me a full refund." It's crappy they didn't respond on the kickstarter comments section but that's never been a highly effective way to request a refund or fix a busted pledge or whatever, for any company really.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Those situations are quite different.

You say they're different, and yet I see three companies who have stolen money from customers, so really not that different at all.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

You say they're different, and yet I see three companies who have stolen money from customers, so really not that different at all.

It's not theft if Reaper would give you a refund on request, dude. You're refusing to do the one single obvious thing that would immediately satisfy your complaint.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Move to the land of Cheetoh Mousseline. Bathe in cheap Chinese products. Eat a gallon of ice cream. Profit.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I voted for trump and plan on buying bones 4 even if 3 hasnt fully shipped

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Now now, let's not get crazy here.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Just when I thought that Bones 4 wouldn't interest me:

Question; were the stand out models for the previous Bones kickstarters available outside of the kickstarter?
I would like a mobile home, you see, but fear I may be unable to afford a down payment at this time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, the point of the kickstarters is to get the molds made in the first place for the Bones versions of metal models(most of the time) or original models, for mass production.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
True captains of the industry invest heavily in the Chicken leg-futures. The house is just a bonus you can rent for your players.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Coming into this late, but yes, they are going to have the legs cast separately from the hut.

Also, the green for that hut is absolutely awesome in person.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Did some goon attend an event and get pictures of some of the greens? I recall seeing the chicken-leg house in greens status. Can anyone point to the post?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
That was me! Here are my imgur galleries from ReaperCon.

Gallery 1, with some Jason Wiebe Greens for Bones IV

Gallery 2, with the greens on display

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I feel like someone mentioned this before but I couldn't find it.

I was sorting through the Graveyard set, and I'm a little confused by the fences and posts. There are a bunch of stone posts that are intended to go between the fence sections. Based on the design and pictures, they should go with the wider section at the top - this is the only way the fences fit flush. But the top of the posts have holes in them. In the same bag are a bunch of little squares that I assume are intended to plug the holes, but they have 'Made in China' on one side and a huge piece of flash on the other. Neither of these seems like a great choice for post top - I'll have to sand the words away or trim down the flash.

Am I missing something here, or is this just awkward step you have to take in assembly? It's hardly the end of the world and I am guessing there is some reason they couldn't orient them with the hollow section at the bottom, it's just surprising because everything else is so painless.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Ashcans posted:

I feel like someone mentioned this before but I couldn't find it.

I was sorting through the Graveyard set, and I'm a little confused by the fences and posts. There are a bunch of stone posts that are intended to go between the fence sections. Based on the design and pictures, they should go with the wider section at the top - this is the only way the fences fit flush. But the top of the posts have holes in them. In the same bag are a bunch of little squares that I assume are intended to plug the holes, but they have 'Made in China' on one side and a huge piece of flash on the other. Neither of these seems like a great choice for post top - I'll have to sand the words away or trim down the flash.

Am I missing something here, or is this just awkward step you have to take in assembly? It's hardly the end of the world and I am guessing there is some reason they couldn't orient them with the hollow section at the bottom, it's just surprising because everything else is so painless.

Yeah, you're supposed to glue the little squares down on the top there. Cutting the flash off and sanding it down was pretty quick and painless, compared to trying to get rid of the 'made in china' lettering.

I think someone else mentioned it here, but the lettering was probably part of their deal with the Chinese factory that manufactured the stuff. Gotta be printed somewhere on the piece in question.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
It's a manufacturing error that they're where they are. From Reaper forum:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/75251-reaper-graveyard-bits-confusion/&do=findComment&comment=1571761

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Oohh, thanks. I tried to search for it but I never go to the Reaper forums and was lost trying to find anything. As errors go it's pretty minor and not really a big deal, I do more work on tons of kits without mistakes. On the bright side, sounds like they're trying to make the best of it?

ReaperBryan posted:

I have been informed that we have asked for a set of items to put atop the pillars, like gargoyles and torches and such.

I wonder if those will just be sold of if they'll send them out to backers? I don't mind paying additional for some gubbins stuff.

While I was tinkering with my Bones my kids got up from nap and got interested. They asked if they could each pick a model to play with - they are bonesium, so I figured it was fine. My daughter picked a dragon, no surprise, and my son chose the goat-legged tentacle horror from the Mythos set. Was not expecting that :stare: They have now decided that the lovecraftian terror is the 'Mommy' and the dragon is it's kid.

Related, my Kryphixis seems to have been miscast to lose the very tip of one of its wing spurs. I'm not sure if I care enough to follow up with them about it, I didn't even notice myself and it was picked up by my son diligently comparing the wings to each other.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Ashcans posted:

While I was tinkering with my Bones my kids got up from nap and got interested. They asked if they could each pick a model to play with - they are bonesium, so I figured it was fine. My daughter picked a dragon, no surprise, and my son chose the goat-legged tentacle horror from the Mythos set. Was not expecting that :stare: They have now decided that the lovecraftian terror is the 'Mommy' and the dragon is it's kid.

Your kids are going to grow up to be awesome.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That's the best part of Bones: you can give no fucks, let the kids go nuts. My kids know that they're allowed to do whatever with any of the white monsters from the numerous boxes on the floor (as well as the transparent colored dudes) and so I often come downstairs to find scenes like this:

It's like, "You say you want to take a gargoyle and an orc to bed tonight so you can show them how well you go to sleep? Cool, let's do it." I think there's a gryphon and a frost giant hiding in the rainbow rice table.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
You're a good parent.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

It's like, "You say you want to take a gargoyle and an orc to bed tonight so you can show them how well you go to sleep? Cool, let's do it." I think there's a gryphon and a frost giant hiding in the rainbow rice table.

:hfive: Nerd parents.

My son will sometimes ask if we can look my miniatures and usually its fine - we've spent time going through boxes of my 40k stuff before and he mostly just wants to organize them and them put them away, but a bunch of it is fragile. And none of it is really suitable for my daughter, who is 3 and basically a wrecking ball. Bones though, they asked me if they could pull them out this morning while I was making breakfast and it was no problem. It's really cool because obviously miniatures are a big interest and hobby for me, and it lets me share it with them way before I thought it would be possible.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I got my Bones in :australia: yesterday. Good lord, I ordered a lot of plastic. Going to paint up some space mouslings first, I think. The official Reaper decree is you don't need to prime Bones, just wash them but does anyone in the thread disagree?

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Results vary, although you could attribute that to washing laziness if you like. Don't thin the base coat. Personally I prime because the result seems more durable that way (also I have been fooling around with zenithal and preshading lately). I airbrush but the Reaper forum favorite is brushing on Reaper's brown liner.

In case you have money left after those Dwarven Forge fuckers went through your pockets, the Bones 4 Kickstarter begins August 1.

:homebrew: http://www.reapermini.com/bones4 :homebrew:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I've got some demons and dragons, but not a Baba Yaga hut...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Base Emitter posted:

Results vary, although you could attribute that to washing laziness if you like. Don't thin the base coat. Personally I prime because the result seems more durable that way (also I have been fooling around with zenithal and preshading lately). I airbrush but the Reaper forum favorite is brushing on Reaper's brown liner.

In case you have money left after those Dwarven Forge fuckers went through your pockets, the Bones 4 Kickstarter begins August 1.

That dragon turtle tho

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Base Emitter posted:

:zombie: : :thunk:
:parrot: : :thunk:
:smaug: : :thunk:

:regd10: : :vince:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

thespaceinvader posted:

That dragon turtle tho

I saw it in person. It's pretty awesome.

I'm kind of bummed I'll be missing ReaperCon this year.I'm sure they'll have all sorts of cool sculpts on display.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My Bones arrived, so at least they managed to get here a whole week before Bones 4 starts.

Now to email and get a replacement right foot for my Chinese dragon from the Stoneskull expansion, because the baggy contained two left feet. Speaking of, that dragon is a disappointment - the art never showed that it would be heavily fused to an integral base, which means I can't use it for the original purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Just got my Bones here in Finland. Looking good, I haven't gone through them thoroughly yet to see if anything is missing. But they do look nice and I'm glad to finally have them!

• Locked thread