Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Nohman posted:

None of these Machine Wars would have happened if not for Feminism!

"And the reason why is because it destroyed the concepts of love and family in the name of liberating women! Preposterous! What's the point in destroying concepts that further the survival of the species in the name of liberty?".

Am I doing this right?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I'd forgotten how Adam cranks up the ham and the crazy to 11 in this part. It's great.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

During one of the semi-cutscene bits where you can hit him but it won't get to the next phase until he's done talking, he does have a health bar and you can deplete it. But he just fills it back up after you run it out.

And yes, Copied City. As I said before, my favorite track from the game.

And good point that Pascal's village has basically done what he did here - emulated humanity and disconnected from the network. Except that apparently he's set up permadeath mode, while they didn't despite lack of network. On the other hand, they just emulated minor details of humanity like family structure, while he's focused on the important parts of humanity, like that we can kill things. The ability to murder is what truly separates us from machines.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
He reminded me a lot of Accord in the initial reveal, glad i wasn't the only one.

Though generally I expect a little more out of villains these days than that they just be batshit and wanting to kill because they can. Adam pulls off being a huge creeper with remarkable aplomb, but I'm left wondering what his deal even is and why. He doesn't have any connection to anyone or anything to do with the war or any stakes in the whole situation, he's just this rear end in a top hat doing his own thing and then butting in and forcing you to fight him just because.

Though I guess I shouldn't assume there's not more going on we're not aware of yet. Poor 9S though, going directly from getting blown miles through the air to impaled with poles by a psycho. He's just not having a good day. :(

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
My wife caught up with the LP and made some more art she wanted me to share with the class. So here's this:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Dark Wife continues to be the best :3:
Pascal: "Oh dear. Oh no."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now now, emotions are prohibited

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Pascal and 10 being Caim, where would you all say Adam ranks on the Murdometer right now?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Has he even murdered anyone yet? Maybe all those androids were like that when he found them!

You make one weird face and everyone thinks you're some kind of psychopath.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Well, there's also the whole "crucifying 9S" thing, but no one cares about poor ol' Nines.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Of course not; he's a terrible trash rear end in a top hat racist.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Of course not; he's a terrible trash rear end in a top hat racist.

So was Mikhail and everyone loved him.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Well, there's also the whole "crucifying 9S" thing, but no one cares about poor ol' Nines.

Well, 2B clearly does.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
He's probably like a Kreia or so. He hasn't really properly gotten into murder yet. A Caim on the scale doesn't monologue or drag anything out. It's just murder. Most villains can't make it anywhere near that, because they love the sound of their own voice, talking about their plans and philosophy or whatever.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

All loving wyverns must loving hang.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Counterpoint: Pascal and his pacifist robot bros have been helpful and good, in the face of 9S' horrible racism.
At no point in the Drakengard series were Wyverns anything but enormous assholes entirely deserving of the hate coming their way.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, but Mikhail was a precious singing dragon who ate insane clone flower women. Adam is a machine that loves making his face venture into the Uncanny Valley and has a boner for the literal concept of hatred.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It is kind of sad that the only ways he can get 2B to show any real concern for him involve mutilation in one way or the other.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Counterpoint: Pascal and his pacifist robot bros have been helpful and good, in the face of 9S' horrible racism.
At no point in the Drakengard series were Wyverns anything but enormous assholes entirely deserving of the hate coming their way.

"10,000 years of robot war, or some hippie out in the woods they've known for a few days"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If he is such a racist why was he so engaged with bringing the kid stubby back to his mother or trying to answer all the questions of the little sister machine.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

If he is such a racist why was he so engaged with bringing the kid stubby back to his mother or trying to answer all the questions of the little sister machine.

Because 2B makes him :v:

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

He's probably like a Kreia or so. He hasn't really properly gotten into murder yet. A Caim on the scale doesn't monologue or drag anything out. It's just murder. Most villains can't make it anywhere near that, because they love the sound of their own voice, talking about their plans and philosophy or whatever.

That was the great thing about Caim. Every villain has to tell you all about why they're destroying the world, he just loving stabbed everything and smiled if it bled.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

9S is no machine racist, some of his best friends are machines

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

I'd forgotten how Adam cranks up the ham and the crazy to 11 in this part. It's great.

I actually never noticed when I was playing that Adam's voice actor is Crispin Freeman who used to be known for really delivering crazy hammy characters. He'd been out of the industry for a while (apparently due to medical issues) so it' was a surprise to hear him again.

Then I got to the point in Horizon Zero Dawn where Helis shows up around the same time I finished up Nier:A and....

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
^^^Made me laugh.

All things considered, 9S is pretty cordial to the machines that command would definitely want him to murder on sight.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

wiegieman posted:

He's the main villain, so nothing counts except what he's done.

Adam just implied he's "on the network" though. We know that Pascal and his village are all off the network. Maybe Adam had no clue they existed and have made it this far?

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.

Honest Trailers: "And their evil masters, the most ANIME Robots ever created!"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Zoe posted:

He reminded me a lot of Accord in the initial reveal, glad i wasn't the only one.

Though generally I expect a little more out of villains these days than that they just be batshit and wanting to kill because they can. Adam pulls off being a huge creeper with remarkable aplomb, but I'm left wondering what his deal even is and why. He doesn't have any connection to anyone or anything to do with the war or any stakes in the whole situation, he's just this rear end in a top hat doing his own thing and then butting in and forcing you to fight him just because.

Though I guess I shouldn't assume there's not more going on we're not aware of yet. Poor 9S though, going directly from getting blown miles through the air to impaled with poles by a psycho. He's just not having a good day. :(

Honestly, Adam kind of reminds me of an amoral child who figures out he has god-like powers. Imagine a hellish 6 year old (DRAKENGUARD!!!!) who suddenly has mastered cubemancy and teleportation. He also seems to think he understands things but he really doesn't. So yeah, basically Mirrah from Drakenguard except not possessed.

Basically, are we sure Adam isn't some kind of crazy :yokotaro: Caim teleported into the future?

Hunt11 posted:

:v:: HEY MISTER! HOW DOES CRUCIFIXION WORK?

axeil fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jul 16, 2017

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Cubemancy is my new favorite concept, more games with cubemancy please.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

StandardVC10 posted:

Honestly that just makes me think of Intelligent Qube.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Meh, if you want games with cubemancy you just have to play those indie games that go heavy on the pixel graphics. They're not exactly uncommon.

Iolite
May 9, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

My wife caught up with the LP and made some more art she wanted me to share with the class. So here's this:

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

... if everything is dead.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

StandardVC10 posted:

not only is there minecraft there are its many magic mods that are more literally cubemancy such as practicing WITCHCRAFT

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Sure are a lot of wyvernists in this thread :colbert:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

axeil posted:

Basically, are we sure Adam isn't some kind of crazy :yokotaro: Caim teleported into the future?

Like I said, Adam is way to wordy to be anything resembling Caim. poo poo, even when Caim didn't lose his voice I'm pretty sure 90% of what he said were just various different grunts. Caim wasn't one much into torture either. The closest he ever came was when he kept kicking that corpse. Caim isn't into suffering, he's into violence, violence and body count. He's basically an Avatar of Khorne.

SirPhoebos posted:

Sure are a lot of wyvernists in this thread :colbert:

What are you some kinda wyvern apologist? They're a buncha no good, low class, job stealing bastards. gently caress Wyverns.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 16, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

axeil posted:

Soooo... Caim teleported into the future?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SpookyLizard posted:

<hate speech>

Reported. This isn't 4chan, you fuckin' red-had.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Stealing jobs in Hollywood, certainly :argh: Smaug was not a goddamn wyvern, god loving drat it! And don't even get me started on the shiny chucklefuck in Beowulf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Enormous dicks, I think you mean.

• Locked thread