Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Every time he showed up in the SB story was extremely :kimchi:

mods? spoilers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Can I just say I loved getting to the end of the row and seeing “100% overheal”. That was a delicious little treat.

It's the little cherry on top, the twist that makes it perfect. Molto bene.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
On SusanoEX, all of the top parses seem to be not taking the P1 tankbuster, Assail, which is untelegraphed, as far as I know. What's the trick to avoiding this?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Toshimo posted:

On SusanoEX, all of the top parses seem to be not taking the P1 tankbuster, Assail, which is untelegraphed, as far as I know. What's the trick to avoiding this?

Is the Paladin Hallowed Grounding it?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Eopia posted:

Is the Paladin Hallowed Grounding it?

Not that I see.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

the top parses are totally being hit by assail, not sure what you're looking at

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Can you share your config? I like how you have it set up

It's just the rainbowmage overlay out of the box, I'd link it but I don't have the details on this computer. I just googled it and it worked OK, but if you want a more compact parser overlay I also recommend checking out another plugin for ACT called Kagerou. It looks less thematic but it takes up way less space and is more customizable.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ilifinicus posted:

the top parses are totally being hit by assail, not sure what you're looking at

Here's what I'm looking at:

My parse: Tank gets 3 assails (as I've seen listed in guides), eats 2. https://www.fflogs.com/reports/z1W693dQt7fN2kwM#fight=1&type=damage-taken&view=analytical&start=25257&end=118054&by=ability

5:47 Parse: Tank gets 2 assails (and they transition to P2 30 seconds earlier, I guess there are timing breakpoints for phase transitions), eats 1. https://www.fflogs.com/reports/mv3nPFrkZK7L8yWq#fight=14&type=damage-taken&view=analytical&by=ability&start=5706716&end=5806799

5:53 Parse: No assails (also transitions 30 seconds earlier): https://www.fflogs.com/reports/GLKnC6194ZQgmVP3#fight=74&type=damage-taken&start=98851804&end=98952731&by=ability

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

SonicRulez posted:

My favorite part about the Live Letter is that they consider Estinien part of the Scions, but he's just shy :3:

Every time he showed up in the SB story was extremely :kimchi:

I swear to god he took off the helmet and Gierskogul'd my heart

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Here's what I'm looking at:

My parse: Tank gets 3 assails (as I've seen listed in guides), eats 2. https://www.fflogs.com/reports/z1W693dQt7fN2kwM#fight=1&type=damage-taken&view=analytical&start=25257&end=118054&by=ability

5:47 Parse: Tank gets 2 assails (and they transition to P2 30 seconds earlier, I guess there are timing breakpoints for phase transitions), eats 1. https://www.fflogs.com/reports/mv3nPFrkZK7L8yWq#fight=14&type=damage-taken&view=analytical&by=ability&start=5706716&end=5806799

5:53 Parse: No assails (also transitions 30 seconds earlier): https://www.fflogs.com/reports/GLKnC6194ZQgmVP3#fight=74&type=damage-taken&start=98851804&end=98952731&by=ability
things that do zero damage do not get listed as having hit

the assails are coming out, they are just being completely mitigated

go look at Casts and then select the ability Assail

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Any news on SMN changes? Are we getting Miasma II back or is that just SCH?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Is there somewhere special I'm supposed to receive the 1,000,000 gil for leveling to 30 on one of the Preferred Servers?

I rolled a character on Mateus during the trial, and once I bought the game I had 45 days, so I think the 15 free days went through, but I haven't seen anything of the gil. Unless those Aetheryte fees are REALLY loading up behind my back.

Dusk Vigil was also kind of an "eh" first dungeon for Heavensward, I think. The first third or so drags on way too long.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

Any news on SMN changes? Are we getting Miasma II back or is that just SCH?

SMN already has Miasma 3.

Edit: For the record they are almost certainly making Miasma upgrade to Miasma 2, not giving SCH two Miasmas again.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: For the record they are almost certainly making Miasma upgrade to Miasma 2, not giving SCH two Miasmas again.
alternatively they stated that only SCH is getting Miasma 2, in some form, back

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would be hilarious if they just gave scholars a slightly stronger single target dot.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just hope Miasma 2 is more than a 5 potency upgrade or something.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

So further reducing SCH damage?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

How would that reduce SCH damage? They currently have Bio II and Miasma I. I presume Miasma II would have higher potency than Miasma I.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

UHD posted:

All those buffs and stuff were cool to hear about but what I'd really like is an option to let the normal ambient music keep playing during combat.

It's not bad music per se I'd just rather listen to the zone soundtrack.

let me craft a portable orchestrion player (or POP for short, get it) that lets me play whatever music I want whenever I want. Make it cost a billion gil or even be a mogstation item, i'll fukken buy it

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

hobbesmaster posted:

God DAMMIT, monkey's paw.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

How would that reduce SCH damage? They currently have Bio II and Miasma I. I presume Miasma II would have higher potency than Miasma I.

Miasma II was a melee range AoE that dealt 20 damage and put a 10 potency dot on for 15s. Replacing Miasma I with Miasma II would be a dramatic damage decrease.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

hobbesmaster posted:

Miasma II was a melee range AoE that dealt 20 damage and put a 10 potency dot on for 15s. Replacing Miasma I with Miasma II would be a dramatic damage decrease.

Plus, there's no way we're getting the heavy and malady effects back, whatever form Miasma 2 takes.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

They are not going to do this. Black Mage has single target and AoE thunders seperated.

I do hope they buff this thing so it's more than a 70 pot AoE with a 15 second cooldown, though.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Finally grabbed the expansion since my insane summer classes came to an end. Looking forward to dying to new mechanics. :v:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

LordHippoman posted:

Dusk Vigil was also kind of an "eh" first dungeon for Heavensward, I think. The first third or so drags on way too long.

Yeah, Dusk Vigil is probably the worst of the HW dungeons. Well....of the ones in the MSQ. They get better.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah, Dusk Vigil is probably the worst of the HW dungeons. Well....of the ones in the MSQ. They get better.

Dusk Vigial wasn't an MSQ dungeon.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

LordHippoman posted:

The actual lore for it owns, but the dungeon itself is bad. Sohm Al and the Aery are also a little bland? But Stormblood has top notch dungeons for the whole leveling experience, which is an alright tradeoff for HW having a stronger narrative

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, I am aware. There's no reason to assume that Miasma II would be the same spell.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Dusk Vigial wasn't an MSQ dungeon.

Oh wow, the first isn't until 53. I'm glad they changed that for SB. Then yeah, it's just one of the worst HW dungeons.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

help i keep getting chomped by the dragon at the end of the dragoon quests

i can't seem to dps race it down for the last phase and estinian just yells at me if i try to kite it around and heal

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Erg posted:

i can't seem to dps race it down for the last phase and estinian just yells at me if i try to kite it around and heal

Use elusive jump to tank swap when you get the debuff. Then run over to Orn Khai for healing.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013

Erg posted:

Estiniens dialogue has a mistranslation, you need to use Elusive jump when you get the massive debuff.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Use elusive jump to tank swap when you get the debuff. Then run over to Orn Khai for healing.

GoldenPrice posted:

Estiniens dialogue has a mistranslation, you need to use Elusive jump when you get the massive debuff.

that's some real bullshit but it worked, thanks

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

hobbesmaster posted:

It's not replacing, it's added as a job specific action, so unless I've completely misread you would have both miasma 1 and 2, with the latter as your aoe damage.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Temple of the Fist is the loving worst when you have an Honest Tank. It's already the weakest of the 3 EXDR dungeons.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
It still really annoys me that Bio 2's potency per tick is lower than Bio 1's.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SonicRulez posted:

My favorite part about the Live Letter is that they consider Estinien part of the Scions, but he's just shy :3:

Yeah that owns. Estinien's one of my favorite characters, I'm really glad I picked Dragoon and got that extra story background with him going into HW.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Honestly at this point I wouldn't mind Estinien being a recurring character in the DRG storyline and barely/never touching the MSQ.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Welp, maybe I won't be playing. Never had that happen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Temple of the Fist is the loving worst when you have an Honest Tank. It's already the weakest of the 3 EXDR dungeons.

What the hell is an Honest Tank?