Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I was born in 1990.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

I mean it's the "due diligence" question, but generally speaking it's loaded because men don't understand that their standard for due diligence is different from women's, and it's because of the way men behave. If you went back to a dude's place to do coke because he said he had coke, would you expect him to put his penis in you? What about compared to putting his penis in an unwilling woman, like, overall, statistically? Women object because we're held to a different standard of due diligence on account of being women.

if a random cokehead I'd just met were trying to lure me back to their pad to do drugs with them I would absolutely assume sex or something far more disgusting was also part of the package yes. This assumption's served me well in the past, and I sort of have to question where you got the idea of male behavior where we're just constantly getting hammered and swinging by total strangers' houses to do blow and not blow each other

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
A guy offered me coke in a bar bathroom one time, and I was like nah and he was like ok please don't tell anyone I'm doing coke in the bathroom and I was like nah and I peed in the general direction of the toilet.

I mean, I'm pretty sure my aim was some gunslinger caliber but I was wasted as poo poo so I can't be sure.

That's my story.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

fruit on the bottom posted:

A guy offered me coke in a bar bathroom one time, and I was like nah and he was like ok please don't tell anyone I'm doing coke in the bathroom and I was like nah and I peed in the general direction of the toilet.

I mean, I'm pretty sure my aim was some gunslinger caliber but I was wasted as poo poo so I can't be sure.

That's my story.

i do not piss with my dick, he who pisses with his dick has forgotten the face of his father

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
i piss with my posts

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Yeah. As a man I never understood this insecurity. In my experience the more orgasms a woman has the more willing she becomes to do even more stuff

This is the truth. Until we orgasm so hard we just pass the gently caress out. Then you're on your own and Skynet gets to look smug.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The six hundred model had rubber skin. We spotted them easy.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Yeah. As a man I never understood this insecurity. In my experience the more orgasms a woman has the more willing she becomes to do even more stuff
Some guys are so penis-centric they're agahst at the idea their dick alone might not be enough in the bedroom. (And/or they're so bad at sex they don't want their partner to see how good it can feel when they're not dealing with a minute man)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
all mean are peanis afear'd. all of em

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the lot

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is amazing how fast a woman goes from "I don't swallow" to "I need to swallow" when you introduce a vibrator

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pick posted:

Okay then what are you doing about it.

Probably not be a woman and go do blow at some random dude's place to prove a point

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Women cannot complete puberty until they have cut off a man's penis. This is also how women accumulate power. Angela Merkel has an entire room full of preserved penises she has taken as trophies.

This is simply Nature's way.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Pick posted:

Actions speak louder than words man :shrug:. Women don't really see a lot of progress being made in this respect, when actually the entire issue of rape could be solved by men just not doing a thing.

You're right, but I'm curious: If you were talking to your daughter about personal safety, how would you frame it? Wouldn't you also tell your daughter to avoid putting herself in situations where doing a lot of cocaine and alcohol might be be putting herself in a bad position? You had previously said you haven't done recreational drugs yourself, so I assume you took measures in the past to avoid becoming vulnerable in a bad situation regardless of the injustice of it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Today on 'you needed to consult the internet for this?':

M7 [27F] boyfriend [30M] won't turn off the drat oven!

quote:

Edit: M7 = My. Whoops!

This should be short.

About 75% of the time my boyfriend cooks he forgets to turn off the oven. It's getting absolutely ridiculous. This morning I woke up and he'd left the oven all all night. There will be times I go into the kitchen hours after he's been in there and the oven is still on.

At first I nicely mentioned it to him and reminded him to be careful. At this point, after months, I've devolved into storming into the room and yelling he's going to burn the loving house down. I have no idea how to handle this at this point, every time he does it he acts upset he's forgotten and then does it again!

tl;dr: Boyfriend constantly leaving oven turned on.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Haifisch posted:

Maybe OP's bf is cold.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Haifisch posted:

Burn the house down for the insurance money

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He's trying to kill them and he's upset that it keeps not working.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

How does this even happen? Wouldn't you either hear/feel that it was on anytime you walked into the kitchen after that?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i feel like "don't fill ur body with poison until ur frontal cortex shuts down" is generally good advice absent any additional context whatsoever

It is good advice. It's just not always good to give someone good advice.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

You're right, but I'm curious: If you were talking to your daughter about personal safety, how would you frame it? Wouldn't you also tell your daughter to avoid putting herself in situations where doing a lot of cocaine and alcohol might be be putting herself in a bad position? You had previously said you haven't done recreational drugs yourself, so I assume you took measures in the past to avoid becoming vulnerable in a bad situation regardless of the injustice of it.

"Men are scum, don't be around them. They'll gently caress you up and everyone you know. Here's a gun. Stay pretty so if you commit a crime you will not be punished."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"Here is another gun."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Fill society with beautiful women dual-wielding firearms, is this an anime

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Inescapable Duck posted:

Fill society with beautiful women dual-wielding firearms, is this an anime

*dies from perpetual nose bleed*

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

That's my story.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I really hate new-pick

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She is correct about the guns tho

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

I really hate new-pick

Then go talk in your man conspiracy circles that you use for arranging the rapes and tell Hugh to loving call me.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

More stories about idiots!

Me [40M] with my wife [37F] of 14 years, I got tattoos to mark the birth of my other 3 children but am not planning to do the same with this child which is making my wife upset.

quote:

I have 3 children with my wife. The youngest of the 3 is 11, so at the time I got these tattoos to mark the birth of my kids I was in my 20s. If I had it to do over again, I absolutely would not. Now it seems silly and hokey, but I thought at the time it was great.

My wife is obviously aware of these tattoos, so she has been asking what I'm going to do - meaning whether I'm going to incorporate this child's name into the design I have for my other kids or do something different. I tried to dodge the subject for a while, but after being so evasive she finally asked me if I was planning to get a tattoo for this child. I told her no and explained that it seemed silly at my age to do it and even seemed silly in general. I likewise explained that if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have done it at all.

My wife now says that I'm being unfair and that it's going to make our child feel less loved than her siblings if and when she finds out her other siblings have tattoos to mark their birth but I couldn't be bothered to get one for her. I disagree about our daughter thinking it is a big deal. I feel like most kids wouldn't care so long as they aren't treated differently, and she certainly won't be. If anything, I would bet she'll be treated better in some ways since my wife and I are better off financially than we were with our first three.

Ultimately I could get the tattoo. I just don't want to since it seems stupid now. I want to know if I should do it anyway. I'm not sure if it will make a difference but I don't know if maybe this will pass after my wife gives birth. Right now she is heavily pregnant and everything bothers her.

tl;dr: I got a tattoo to mark the birth of my first 3 kids. My wife is pregnant with our fourth child and she got upset when she found out I was not planning to do the same with this child. It's only because I think the idea is silly and hokey now compared to when I was in my 20s and got them. Get the tattoo or not?

:j: "Daddy, why isn't my name tattooed on you too?"

:sweatdrop: "I...uh...I...uhhhhhh...."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You have to call him. You expect A MAN to do something nice or proper or correct? for shame

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Me [40M] with my wife [37F] of 14 years, I got tattoos to mark the birth of my other 3 children but am not planning to do the same with this child which is making my wife upset.

Seriously this isn't like her getting slightly fewer m&ms or a slightly worse bike or something. He needs to either get in the fuckin chair and add skylyrs name to the design whether he likes it or not, get a cover-up, or start saving up for the shrink.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Seriously this isn't like her getting slightly fewer m&ms or a slightly worse bike or something. He needs to either get in the fuckin chair whether he likes it or not, get a cover-up, or start saving up for the shrink.

The fact that he doesn't realize this makes me question his parenting abilities

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pick posted:

Then go talk in your man conspiracy circles that you use for arranging the rapes and tell Hugh to loving call me.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pick posted:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Pick you don't deserve Hugh.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

11 year age gap between the trio and the youngest? No tattoo? Man, that kid is going to know they were a mistake.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Blue Train posted:

The fact that he doesn't realize this makes me question his parenting abilities

I was, more or less, the baby in this post. Came along about a dozen years after my nearest sibling, and by most standards was probably way more spoiled than them due to my father being more established and solidly middle class. The newest video game consoles, big elaborate toys, a nice bike, a couple trips to Disney world. As far as the material comfort of my childhood, I can't complain.

If my father had inexplicably had a tattoo that basically said he loved my siblings more than me I am certain I'd be a lot more hosed up and brainbroke than I already am.

This dude is a giant moron for downplaying the significance of this with "hur hur probably just preggo hormones." I totally get having different ideas about life and how to commemorate poo poo in your 30s vs your 20s-- if I'd had my kids earlier they'd have much more embarassing gothy names. But curse at 20 year old tattoo dad all you want for putting you in this position, you're on the loving hook for either some ink or loving that kid up for life my dude.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 16, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Man I wish we used our man councils to organize the rapes. Instead it's all about schedules and union dues and stupid bylaws and long conversations about how apparently my man cave isn't built to code and it's dragging down the whole sex JERRY ITS A WHOLE loving 1/8TH OF AN INCH DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO and then we schedule the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VanSandman posted:

Pick you don't deserve Hugh.

:vince: