Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Turdfuzz posted:

i hope mccains surgery is all hosed up n somehow they end up removin his dick n balls

The Scalise Special?

Ed Balls would be proud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Gene Parmesan, how ya doin' ?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So that tweet about wanting to be online for approval ratings deffo means disapproval is exactly the sex number right

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

Turdfuzz posted:

i hope mccains surgery is all hosed up n somehow they end up removin his dick n balls

But he is the maverick!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/886409513703690240

McConnell has delayed the vote until McCain is back.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"Ryan! Ryan! Ryan!" goes the refrain. "A million deaths were not enough for Ryan!"- from "A Child's History of Muad'DibTrump by the Princess Irulan

'Mitch' also works here but 'Ryan' and 'Yueh' are both two syllables

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Calm posted:

Gene Parmesan, how ya doin' ?

AHHHH!!!!!! GENE!!?!?!

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Zas posted:

zuck really could be a lynch character, i think its the way his eyes are so empty in the light

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

see now i see bill murrays brother

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DIABEETISS

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

C-Euro posted:

I'm re-reading Dune and Frank Herbert was woke af 40 years B.E. (Before Escalator)-

Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief of his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.- from "Collected Sayings of Muad'DibTrump" by the Princess Irulan

My man

i reread that a few months ago and highlighted the crap out of it. lots of good nuggets itb (in that book)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh g oodness that's troubling

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tax Reform is impossible without the beautiful savings stripping billions of dollars in subsidies the AHCA would do, and they couldn't even strip money from transgendered troops to try it either.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
dune is about what happens when Sunni Islam runs into resource constraints, so yeah, it's kinda relevant

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dmitry, I am sorry, and you are sorry

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

dune is extremely good and prescient

thats the whole fuckin problem!!!!!!!

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

now i may just be a small time simple country lawyer *plucks suspenders* but

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

An interesting observation I just had: often the alt-right and conservatives are just as easily "triggered" as the liberal snowflakes they make fun of.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

looks like its curtains

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

for this wrinkly old gently caress!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dmitry, I am sorry, and you are sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN2A5yaexQY&t=99s

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

did you guys know that water has all the qualities of being 'wet'?

something to think about next time you take that sip, its hosed up.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Sometimes when I brush my teeth I reflect, for the briefest of moments, that McConnell is a human who also probably brushes his teeth, looking into the mirror at what he has become. If I'm not engrossed in the trump thread, sometimes this reverie extends to him doddering about his bed time routine, mumbling about how he forgot to get water for the bedstand, complete with the typical old man stripey pajamas. I'd like to think he has a calm mental interior, and is aware that he is very close to the end of his time on earth, and is spending it quite unwisely.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mr. Sharps posted:

i reread that a few months ago and highlighted the crap out of it. lots of good nuggets itb (in that book)

I'd do the same except the copy that I have is my dad's from 1975 and I'm fighting against time and entropy to keep it in good shape. It's the closest thing to an heirloom that I'll ever have :lol:

Joementum posted:

dune is about what happens when Sunni Islam runs into resource constraints, so yeah, it's kinda relevant

Fun fact, Frank Herbert was super into ecology and conservation, even setting up ecological demonstration around the Pacific NW

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

meanolmrcloud posted:

Sometimes when I brush my teeth I reflect, for the briefest of moments, that McConnell is a human who also probably brushes his teeth, looking into the mirror at what he has become. If I'm not engrossed in the trump thread, sometimes this reverie extends to him doddering about his bed time routine, mumbling about how he forgot to get water for the bedstand, complete with the typical old man stripey pajamas. I'd like to think he has a calm mental interior, and is aware that he is very close to the end of his time on earth, and is spending it quite unwisely.

"ah should have gotten the pj's with the stars and bars"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

C-Euro posted:

Fun fact, Frank Herbert was super into ecology and conservation, even setting up ecological demonstration around the Pacific NW

yeah his non dune novels get really into that and are also good

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

ah yet another pleasant sunny islam day

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doomtalker posted:

I bet it'll sure be swell!

:salt:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In 20 years when Lowtax is an old man the forums will become the center of cyber jihad against all internets culminating in its destruction and also the destruction of ourselves.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sunny, despite her name, ironically doesn't know how to prepare eggs, perhaps because of her being raised by the dysfunctional pair of solid snake and otacon

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dune is the official novel of cspam

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I hope that all you people wishing for McCain's painful death realize that if that happens, it'll be renamed the John McCain War Hero Superman Memorial Health Care Act and it'll pass with 99 votes because of disrespecting the dead.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It'll pass 99-0. Bernie won't be there to vote because Mitch McConnell some mysterious vagabond will have slashed his tires that day.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Squizzle posted:

dune is the official novel of cspam

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

docbeard posted:

I hope that all you people wishing for McCain's painful death realize that if that happens, it'll be renamed the John McCain War Hero Superman Memorial Health Care Act and it'll pass with 99 votes because of disrespecting the dead.

who cares, we know the truth, as trump said, he's not a hero.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mark Zuck'Dib

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

goons n their dunes

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
mark zuck my dickerberg

Adbot