Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Seriously, every motherfucker needs to vote. VOTE, SHITBIRDS

n the USA voting is meaningless and will continue to be so long as our politicians are not held accountable for promises made during a campaign and as long as their only focus continues to be making more money and getting re-elected (possibly banging kids). the major platform of both parties is by and large: "we will protect you from the other half of the government" which is a ridiculous way for any governing body to work and has lead to decades of stalled half-measure policy that at best helps no one and at worst is actively harmful to the country as a whole. meanwhile the third parties are considered havens for fringe lunatics and condescended to or ignored by the political mainstream and by extension the general public. even if the greens or the libertarians were somehow able to get 20+% of the vote their thought would not affect discourse in any meaningful way other than to provide ammunition to people saying "those who vote third party are actively sabotaging those in the center with similar goals and doing so is equivalent to throwing away your vote."

Donald Trump points to the Vote when he's seeking validation that he's doing a good job at being President despite the reality that he's doing a terrible job and the people who voted for him contain a large portion of Americans who were tricked into voting against their own interests and freely admit this. the Democrats use the exact same tactics when they point to Clinton winning the popular vote in order to rally their base, raise funds and garner more votes (again, despite the fact that they too are subservient to the military industrial complex and vote for more wars and prisons and benefits for corporations all while appropriating popular progressive movements). even though you're voting against Trump in voting for Zuckerberg or against Clinton in voting for Trump they take it as an endorsement of themselves as people, their party and all their weird philosophies. congressional approval is at 20% though all of those people were voted in at some point, because although when you vote for your congressperson or senator it feels like you're voting for a person really you're voting for the Party and because at this point in time the two parties are basically indistinguishable (one slightly more malicious but equally incompetent), voting for the Party is voting for all of the government's actions, the majority of which are bad

in addition, rock the vote is very bad

please, do not vote except locally :orb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Tophat posted:

Bowser-esque

i've said this before but look i'm just gonna say it again ok

now that trump is the president, go back and watch the super mario bros movie

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Pleasd dont compare Trump to Bowser.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
PARIS, MILITARY, GOOD

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
PARIS GOOD?

yes mr trump, paris good, do we have an.. agreement?

PARIS.. AGREENENT.. GOOD

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Macron promised to call it Jim's Agreement

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

portland mud

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

my new dog posted:

PARIS, MILITARY, GOOD

OLD, HOT, FRENCH, MARRIED. GOOD, COMPLIMENT!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/16/trump-campaign-paid-50000-to-trump-jrs-lawyer-before-emails-released

lol they were paying lawyers two weeks before it came out

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
It awakens with thoughts of buttery males.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886534810575020032

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
my idiot son Don

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I can delete 33,000 emails too bitch she ain't special

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886544734788997125

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/886538703547621376

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/...%3D2637%23pti19

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Who needs anonymous sources with Don Jr. lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

As distances vanish and the people can flow freely from place to place, society will cross a psychological specific heat boundary and enter a new state. No longer a solid, we have become as piss and will expand to fill all available space. And like all piss, we shall not be easily contained.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I love my dead, retard son.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I'm concerned about the prostitutes in the piss tapes. The only way for the Putin cryptocracy to make sure the prostitutes don't compromise their kompromat would be to kill them.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
I just now saw the video of the Bastille Day performance of the Daft Punk medley, and I had a considerable chuckle that el Presidente Don was doing the "bobbing while clapping" thing that Kim Jong "The Chubby" Un does when he claps at the parade performances.

Maybe he's Juche Donnie now? :shrug:

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

waiting for a tweet congratulating himself on being more popular than Gerald Ford

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I'm the sudden huge spike in Bush's graph

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Saying something is illegal when it's not? And the phrasing seems to be mid-temper tantrum? Has Donnie gotten away from his handlers finally?

Yes! He's back!

Now it's time to just sit back and wait for the incriminating lols.

I've got to have lunch with horribly racist, Trump supporting relatives this afternoon. I can't wait to hear how this Don Jr story is just fake news.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Could trump even benefit from a major terrorist attack under his term at this point? Bush spun 9/11 into gold but trump has the spin skills of a guy with truthful Tourettes

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
lol, 90+ posts overnight "gonna be some hot lols!"

*checks thread*

*It's the OG brokebrain posting 567D chess/50 reasons/50 times why her mental capacity is constantly in question.*

The saddest lols are from watching retards banging their rubber-helmeted heads against a wall yelling "SEE?!? PIZZA!!"... but I'll take 'em.

lol, what a bigly new record!

Didn't this news come out before the euro golfcart episode? Ol' super-fit 2 scoops has been demanding "only people that like me" since 1972. :hmbol:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Serak posted:

waiting for a tweet congratulating himself on being more popular than Gerald Ford

wtf is this poo poo? That's not what a bad approval rating looks like. What is wrong with you America?

This is what low approval means:

Even Russia, a honest to god dictatorship, has a bigger range in the state published approval numbers than the US. They are a loving dictatorship, with complete government control of all major media and propaganda broadcasts 24/7

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i lol every time trump says "most people don't know" about something that literally everybody knows except him.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Even Russia, a honest to god dictatorship, has a bigger range in the state published approval numbers than the US. They are a loving dictatorship, with complete government control of all major media and propaganda broadcasts 24/7

putin's numbers are always in the mid to high 80s despite russia being in the shitter.

you have to take into account that somewhere around 30-40 percent of americans have been made drooling morons by fox news and the right wing machine. it's been the explicit strategy of the republican party since the mid 60s to appeal to the base instincts of the worst americans.

even nixon and bush barely dropped into the 20s despite being two of the all time worst presidents.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jul 16, 2017

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

warez posted:

I'm the sudden huge spike in Bush's graph

ill never forget u

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

wtf is this poo poo? That's not what a bad approval rating looks like. What is wrong with you America?

This is what low approval means:

There are a lot of people who say that Trump has a floor of like 30% of people who would vote for him if he took a poo poo on the desk of the oval office during a speech.
I don't doubt that this is probably true, but I think it's literally tied into this binary idea of American politics that disapproval of Trump is somehow a tacit acknowledgement that actually-you-wish-you-voted-for-Hillary - it's not, but you're never gonna convince some people otherwise.

It's worth noting that the approval rating for a president in the last 70 years haven't ever dipped below 22%, and that was Truman in the 50s. GWB only got as low as 25%

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Jukebox Hero posted:

Could trump even benefit from a major terrorist attack under his term at this point? Bush spun 9/11 into gold but trump has the spin skills of a guy with truthful Tourettes

His entire candidacy does revolve around terrorism and saying there will be more terrorism, so if it actually did happen again in the US I bet he would be too busy stroking his own dick to have time to muck up the right-wing media empire's spin on it

I particularly enjoy how his supporters say "SEE!??" whenever terrorism happens overseas, as though anyone at all was arguing that it wouldn't keep happening

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Somebody post some trumpers cheering for or wishing terrorism on others, I feel like there's probably a lot

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

:bisonyes:

keep talking don't stop

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

"It's.... Afraid!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol at calling it fake news when your moron son tweeted out the incriminating documents.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

As distances vanish and the people can flow freely from place to place, society will cross a psychological specific heat boundary and enter a new state. No longer a solid, we have become as piss and will expand to fill all available space. And like all piss, we shall not be easily contained.

be like piss my friend
-bruce pee

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Caufman posted:

I'm concerned about the prostitutes in the piss tapes. The only way for the Putin cryptocracy to make sure the prostitutes don't compromise their kompromat would be to kill them.

lol if you don't think a life of Russia hasn't killed them already

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Light Gun Man posted:

i've said this before but look i'm just gonna say it again ok

now that trump is the president, go back and watch the super mario bros movie

I'm gunna watch some more of the prequel (this thread) before I do that because I'm a purist, but a most excellent idea

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Old and newer lols, together at last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Vin Diesel also seems like he would be a solid candidate.

This but he has to change his name to Triple X and act in character for his entire presidential term.

Alternatively: Riddick.