Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

iospace posted:

How dare someone try to drive ratings up.

Now let me tell you why Alabama is the best team ever and the SEC is the best. :ironicat:

the former is self evident and the latter is a direct result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

2007 for life yo. rock chalk bitch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Raku posted:

the former is self evident and the latter is a direct result

Nah, Clemson is the best.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

2007 for life yo. rock chalk bitch

Oh yeah! And the Kansas/Missouri flash-in-the-pan season!

Man, that was fuckin wild.

That was 10 years ago :vince:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

That was 10 years ago :vince:

:smith:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

iospace posted:

"Ever"? Lol.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

yea

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

vikingstrike posted:

"Ever"? Lol.

Actually, it's *checks notes* Princeton with 28 championships.

Then Yale with 27.

Yes I know they're both FCS now, but the point is, Alabama does not have the most. Even with FBS teams only, Notre Dame wins. Though how much of those are arbitrary based on polls can be discussed till the cows come home.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I follow the CFB Data Warehouse (:rip:) numbers, so yeah, Princeton and Yale top all.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So apparently a bunch of Auburn players got in a fight with one of the frats today...

https://twitter.com/BaggBoiDolla/status/886328772944965632

I can't tell who's who in this video, so I have no idea if it's who they say it is, but this looks like Chewacla (state park in Auburn).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Actually, it's *checks notes* Princeton with 28 championships.

Then Yale with 27.

Yes I know they're both FCS now, but the point is, Alabama does not have the most. Even with FBS teams only, Notre Dame wins. Though how much of those are arbitrary based on polls can be discussed till the cows come home.

I suspect you're not up to date on your Piggly Wiggly count.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I suspect you're not up to date on your Piggly Wiggly count.

Bama has 50 titles including one for every year Nick Saban and Bear Bryant coached. And that year Nick Saban won one with LSU counts for Bama too.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You're god drat right it does.

iospace posted:

This one too as Dabo is of Bama stock.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

As an Oregon fan, I can never appreciate 2007 fully because I have to remember Dennis Dixon's knee, and then I'm sad. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

Bama has 50 titles including one for every year Nick Saban and Bear Bryant coached. And that year Nick Saban won one with LSU counts for Bama too.

So does all three of FSU's, under the little known "the Florida Panhandle is basically Alabama" rule.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

So apparently a bunch of Auburn players got in a fight with one of the frats today...

https://twitter.com/BaggBoiDolla/status/886328772944965632

I can't tell who's who in this video, so I have no idea if it's who they say it is, but this looks like Chewacla (state park in Auburn).
KA? There's like a 900% chance this started with one of them saying something racist.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

So does all three of FSU's, under the little known "the Florida Panhandle is basically Alabama" rule.

I'm gonna allow this because that Flora-Bama bar makes a good bushwhacker.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yale got a new Handsome Dan bulldog puppy and it is obscenely cute. :woof: Bulldog bros forever

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 16, 2017

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Randaconda posted:

Basically everywhere PIggly Wiggly has stores is part of our championship empire

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Randaconda posted:

Please refer to it by its given name of Lower Alabama thank you.

Florida the only state where you have to go north to be in The South

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

KKKLIP ART posted:

Hale got a new Handsome Dan bulldog puppy and it is obscenely cute. :woof: Bulldog bros forever

What does Tony Hale have to do with college football?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently my phone doesn't like Yale

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This is gonna be so good https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/886651082633433088

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Got that absent, perma-denial look down right.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this here is the look of a man who understands the value of an uninterrupted weekend

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

KA? There's like a 900% chance this started with one of them saying something racist.

I thought it was Kappa, not KA. I think they go by "nupe" and are traditionally a black fraternity. Could be totally wrong though

E- you're right about KA being racist as hell though

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

buddhanc posted:

I thought it was Kappa, not KA. I think they go by "nupe" and are traditionally a black fraternity. Could be totally wrong though

E- you're right about KA being racist as hell though

As recent as 2006 the KAs at Tulane would wear Confederate uniforms for their old south celebration. (and probably a few years after that but I didn't pay much attention to them.) I couldn't believe they did that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spacebump posted:

As recent as 2006 the KAs at Tulane would wear Confederate uniforms for their old south celebration. (and probably a few years after that but I didn't pay much attention to them.) I couldn't believe they did that.

What do they wear to the Old South celebration now?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

No idea but that's a good question.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

General Dog posted:

pepe the frog pins

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
At OU kappa alpha was definitely the most racist frat, and that includes SAE who got caught singing the world's most racist song.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Quandary posted:

At OU kappa alpha was definitely the most racist frat, and that includes SAE who got caught singing the world's most racist song.

SAE would also sing that song at Texas Tech, they just didn't get caught.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Should use that neckerchief to pick up that cute doggos poo poo

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I hope he doesn't try to be at all kind of soft spoken like Paterno was in real life and just be Al Pacino going crazy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Went on a date tonight and the girl is from Huntsville, AL. She told me that Tennessee and Bama don't have a rivalry and that she's both a Bama and Auburn fan because state allegiances matter more than "old" rivalries.

I was simultaneously angry for Tennessee, Bama and Auburn fan bases. It was weird.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I hope he doesn't try to be at all kind of soft spoken like Paterno was in real life and just be Al Pacino going crazy.

This, but now Sandusky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvTpEoi0tzE

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Just retroactively award all titles awarded to other SEC teams to Bama.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Went on a date tonight and the girl is from Huntsville, AL. She told me that Tennessee and Bama don't have a rivalry and that she's both a Bama and Auburn fan because state allegiances matter more than "old" rivalries.

I was simultaneously angry for Tennessee, Bama and Auburn fan bases. It was weird.

Jesus Christ, :sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/16/ohio-state-coma-zach-lawrence
Ohio State fan in coma asked if he likes Michigan responds: 'No'
Car crash victim and lifelong Buckeyes fan Zach Lawrence, 38, has given his family hope by pressing button twice emphasizing his loathing for football rivals

• Locked thread