Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

boho posted:

Yeah I got to Agartha and no dice. The delivery box worked for the login reward but was otherwise empty.

You might need to /petition or open a ticket sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Also you may need to log out and log back in again for the delivered items to show up.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

boho posted:

Yeah I got to Agartha and no dice. The delivery box worked for the login reward but was otherwise empty.
I assume you're talking about the red gift box at the top left but the thing everyone is talking about is completely different, type /delivereditems to open the window and there'll be a "claim tsw vanity" button at the bottom.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drinkfist posted:

I have been Tanking Elilte 1 Dungeons so if you need a tank you can message me "Drinkfist" in game if I am online.

Oh hey I remember running things with you back in classic.

Not a chance in hell I'll come back though, I liked classic mechanics too much, and FFXIV is scratching my multiclass-on-one-character itch about as well as a game can.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Let's crash a pubbie rp birthday party:

Kira Agumi's 19th Birthday Party (First-Ever Simulcast Event in TSW and SWL!) LIVE on GSP, Twitch, Mixer, Twitter and more July 19th 2017 from 7pm-9pmET this coming Wednesday! SPECIAL UPDATED REMINDER!!!!

Edit: well I can't because I'll be at work. But im sure someone can be there in my stead.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Len posted:

I've been assured that evade is trash and not worth using though. I couldn't get any reason why it's trash just that it's trash.

The reason why it is borderline trash is that it is a separate roll. Basically when you take a hit it does this : (Evade Roll) if fail then (Hit Damage roll(Glance Roll if success -70% Damage) - Protection %)

Secret World Legends took out Penetrate and Block making the decision even easier. Hit Chance decreases Evade and Glance but works against Evade a lot harder. Making Evade chances drop drastically against harder targets but Glance still holding at workable levels as you can stack Glance chances much higher than Evade chances. Also there are a handful of ground telegraphs that happen that cannot be evaded but can be Glanced. Glance got a buff from -60% damage to -70% now and stacking even further with base protection damage decreases.

Tallgeese posted:

With such easy self-healing, if glance tanks are still a thing they will be basically impossible to kill and PVP will be unbearable.

This was never true because of Red Mist. Red Mist in TSW was pretty much the kill anything and they brought it back in SWL by not only making it never be evaded or glanced but also added a heavy snare and huge increase to crit power damage. If you nail a tank with a critical Red Mist in pvp he is gonna be at death's door.

The Glyph Theorycrafting here can show you spergy bullshit.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVgBeFTbXH0eZ5dJVtzXXm6HyITMHLUyM8avntoPOSI/edit#gid=800696490

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 15, 2017

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Something I meant to share but forgot. Spreadsheet with champion locations:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Vf9mW-Ax1uzFqZSGUHXbV-u-xa3Pw7SvrV4MHBdBrs/edit#gid=115140352

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I'm now confused - The store page on Steam says Secret World Legends, but my Library still says Secret World. I don't know what I'm now downloading.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shockeh posted:

I'm now confused - The store page on Steam says Secret World Legends, but my Library still says Secret World. I don't know what I'm now downloading.

Legends isn't on Steam yet

Len fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jul 15, 2017

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Len posted:

Legends isn't on. Steam yet

So is 'regular' TSW still alive too?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Shockeh posted:

Yes, but it's now in maintenance mode. No future updates for TSW.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Shockeh posted:

Yep hence the pubbie refrain of "you didn't lose anything you can still go play your old character :smug:"

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Shockeh posted:

Going from my logging in over there, it still has people active and all. I still see about the same number of people running around that I did before SWL was a thing and the AH is still churning along.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Yeah, if you consider the same 12 people playing as active.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Amante posted:

Yeah, if you consider the same 12 people playing as active.

I far prefer the combat in SWL. Those people are crazy.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I think SWL is a clear improvement over TSW but I'm not sure how much of an improvement yet. Still need to see how the upcoming content releases go.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dumb question time: what is "expertise rank" in the various weapons about? Does that mean that I can buy all the skills for a new weapon but I'll still be terrible at it because it wasn't what I used all the time before?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Expertise improves criticals in various ways.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

prefect posted:

Dumb question time: what is "expertise rank" in the various weapons about? Does that mean that I can buy all the skills for a new weapon but I'll still be terrible at it because it wasn't what I used all the time before?

Every 50k xp you earn with a weapon equipped bumps its expertise rank up. It caps at 50 ranks which is like, 7% chance to crit and 50% crit damage I think.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I finally joined this. You can't say anything for 10 minutes? What the gently caress

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Len posted:

I finally joined this. You can't say anything for 10 minutes? What the gently caress

It's one of the various Discord moderation levels that can be put on a server; usually it's for big public servers to prevent people from popping in, spamming poo poo like goatse, and peacing out.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

They've incorporated the last train to cairo into the main story in Scorched desert and of course Funcom wouldn't be Funcom if they didn't do it in the shoddiest way. Nothing is making much sense, Abdel says in a cutscene that the black pharaoh is gone, eh who cares. After I'm done, how would they explain me meeting him again inside the pyramid? Why even do this, if you can't be bothered too change it just put it after the pharaoh like it's supposed to be.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sekenr posted:

They've incorporated the last train to cairo into the main story in Scorched desert and of course Funcom wouldn't be Funcom if they didn't do it in the shoddiest way. Nothing is making much sense, Abdel says in a cutscene that the black pharaoh is gone, eh who cares. After I'm done, how would they explain me meeting him again inside the pyramid? Why even do this, if you can't be bothered too change it just put it after the pharaoh like it's supposed to be.

While I agree they at least gave the fat prophet a torn sleeve and bloodstained hat when he shows up in the pyramid.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Is Tyler Freeborn now at the end of Solomon Island where it would actually fit into the narrative, or is it still end game content?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Near the end of Solomon island. I just did that mission myself in fact. Was that once upon a time level 50 content?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kokoro Wish posted:

Near the end of Solomon island. I just did that mission myself in fact. Was that once upon a time level 50 content?

QL10*

It was the last of the issues that came out during the sub fee era. It probably should have been included into the main Maine story though since it wraps it up with a nice little bow.

Everyone dies.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

That issue is purestrain everything that Secret World's setting should tap and I'm glad to hear it's now part of the story flow

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DancingShade posted:

I far prefer the combat in SWL. Those people are crazy.

Do you work for Funcom? I've been getting that vibe the past few pages.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
It's been a while since I played base Secret World but I *swear* I remember the main plot stringing together more coherently in that game. Solomon Island feels like a really incoherent "go here, now go there, no I won't tell you why" particularly in Savage Coast -- some of that is definitely from the old game but it seems even more disjointed now. I was actually hoping it'd be more coherent. :(

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Memnaelar posted:

It's been a while since I played base Secret World but I *swear* I remember the main plot stringing together more coherently in that game. Solomon Island feels like a really incoherent "go here, now go there, no I won't tell you why" particularly in Savage Coast -- some of that is definitely from the old game but it seems even more disjointed now. I was actually hoping it'd be more coherent. :(

It's always sort of expected you to fill in the blanks between quest givers, side missions, lore snippets, etc. Things like (Kingsmooth spoilies) "there is a magic sword" and "an NPC that shows up in a dungeon that takes place in the past has that magic sword, and has the same name as a boss from another dungeon"

It's like :darksouls:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Capntastic posted:

It's always sort of expected you to fill in the blanks between quest givers, side missions, lore snippets, etc. Things like (Kingsmooth spoilies) "there is a magic sword" and "an NPC that shows up in a dungeon that takes place in the past has that magic sword, and has the same name as a boss from another dungeon"

It's like :darksouls:

That's really for the backstory no? For the main plot, all you really need to do is read your quest journal.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

All I ever got from cache rewards were the new gamble box consolation prize currency (I can't be bothered checking what it buys) and upgrade consumables.

That being said I'm quite happy to get the upgrade consumables.

Actually I got one blue weapon, which I melted into the upgrade pot to see if it was worth doing. It wasn't.

(obviously this is all from the month of patron I bought since I never lifetimed in Ye Olde TSW)

Looked through the post history to see why you'd be accused of being a shill, and I don't see that but I did see this. The currency it gives you from those can be used to by consolation welfare purples so at least opening them enough times can get you gear. In theory that means us lifetimers can skip a lot of poo poo weapon grind since we can start at a purple when needing to upgrade a wepon/Tali to mythic

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Len posted:

Everyone dies.
Marianne Chen might be alright. Everyone else, though? Yeah...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Joke's on you though those are mark 2 so they're pretty much worthless except as fusion fodder later on. I spent all of mine on a sprint skin.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Marianne Chen might be alright. Everyone else, though? Yeah...

Possibly. I haven't read the turn in text in awhile. she may be hosed if she ever breathed the air or drank local water. I don't remember it giving a time frame from infection/when she rolled up. I feel like that was a breadcrumb for Ragnar's living world idea where npcs would die for good.

Morglon posted:

Joke's on you though those are mark 2 so they're pretty much worthless except as fusion fodder later on. I spent all of mine on a sprint skin.

Well a mk2 purple is better than the mk1 blue I have right now at once it gets to level whatever the gently caress it's able to be combined with a mk3 you've lovingly leveled from Green. But buying the welfare purp saves you the time of making 4 greens max level and then those two blues max level just so you can feed them to a new thing.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Len posted:

Everyone dies.

Wait, really?

I ran through that sort of quick and while there is the dream zone with all the NPCs hanging out trying to murder you I took that to be, well, dream representations of them from other people who got snared in the dream?

Or is there something else I missed?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Capntastic posted:

Wait, really?

I ran through that sort of quick and while there is the dream zone with all the NPCs hanging out trying to murder you I took that to be, well, dream representations of them from other people who got snared in the dream?

Or is there something else I missed?

Everyone is infected

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Len posted:

Everyone is infected

Oh yeah, for sure. I was just unsure if as of completing Freeborn, they were all 'canonically' dead.

If I recall right, Geary tells the player before heading out towards Kingsmouth that covering up that many deaths isn't too much paperwork

Anyways, past all of the [REDACTIONS], I am looking forward to doing Tokyo. A few months ago I'd actually bought all of the TSW issues and poo poo and geared up for Tokyo, since SWL had not been announced.

Then I had to use AEGIS a few times.

Then I stopped playing.

So, we'll see what happens now that I am all caught up again.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

Looked through the post history to see why you'd be accused of being a shill, and I don't see that but I did see this. The currency it gives you from those can be used to by consolation welfare purples so at least opening them enough times can get you gear. In theory that means us lifetimers can skip a lot of poo poo weapon grind since we can start at a purple when needing to upgrade a wepon/Tali to mythic

The answer is typical goon :spergin: on behalf of the accuser of course :v:

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Do you work for Funcom? I've been getting that vibe the past few pages.

It's ok, we can jerk each other off behind the bike shed in secret over all the bad things later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

DancingShade posted:

The answer is typical goon :spergin: on behalf of the accuser of course :v:

It's ok, we can jerk each other off behind the bike shed in secret over all the bad things later.

What's up with your fukken avatar and title combo dude it's a heinous look