Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

Loomer and Milo are "alt-light" and there's constant fighting between the "alt-light" and the hardline 1488 folks. The alt-light loves the Islam vs Gays narrative while the alt-right hates both equally. Then there's a bunch of people who don't take this poo poo seriously enough to get in dumb online fights and just like posting the memes.

Don't forget the irl nazis who are not fans of frog nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

lmao

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That Milo interview in Spiegel is also incredible but not surprising when he gets angry at being questioned whether his point is to provoke anger. He cites someone being shot at one of his events -- though he doesn't mention the woman who pulled the trigger was one of his fans who showed up to shoot lefties and is facing 10 years in prison for it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Yes, the alt-right/alt-lite are trying to use gays as a wedge issue in regards to Islam but there are LGBT people in their movement: Milo, Jim Hoft(Gatewaypundit), Lucian Wintrich(Twinks for Trump), Blaire White(pro-Trump youtuber/Trans woman), to name a few.

I'm not saying they aren't homophobes or transphobes, but I will argue that they are not the same as Freepers who have a violent/genocidal case of homophobia.

Richard Spencer on the topic:

quote:

Richard Spencer, president of the white-nationalist National Policy Institute who is considered one of the founders of the Alt Right movement, has also made overtures toward LGBT people, explicitly barring homophobes from the organization’s annual conference in 2015. Matthew Heimbach of the Traditionalist Youth Network (TYN) was reportedly disinvited from the event for his anti-gay views, while Jack Donovan, an openly gay Alt-Right author, was a key speaker.

Recently, Spencer participated in an online “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit. One user seemed to think that Spencer has a “large following in the gay community” and asked him how he felt about that. Spencer responded succinctly: “The gays love me.”

SPLC has a whole article on the alt-right/alt-lite out reach to the LGBT community:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/08/18/some-white-nationalists-continue-court-lgbt-community

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

logikv9 posted:

I think the only difference between freep and the alt-right is an unhealthy dose of Christianity and perpetual homophobia

There's also the issue of Israel, to borrow from the old game of "Freep, or Stormfront?"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

Yes, the alt-right/alt-lite are trying to use gays as a wedge issue in regards to Islam but there are LGBT people in their movement: Milo, Jim Hoft(Gatewaypundit), Lucian Wintrich(Twinks for Trump), Blaire White(pro-Trump youtuber/Trans woman), to name a few.

I'm not saying they aren't homophobes or transphobes, but I will argue that they are not the same as Freepers who have a violent/genocidal case of homophobia.

Richard Spencer on the topic:

SPLC has a whole article on the alt-right/alt-lite out reach to the LGBT community:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/08/18/some-white-nationalists-continue-court-lgbt-community

Yeah, the alt right/light is mixed on LGBT stuff. Some of them have a extremely hard line against it(especially trans) and others don't seem to care about them because Rome had them or some poo poo. It's a split between the alt right who were always hard right and conservative and the alt right who used to be liberals or something else.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Whatever happened to the Third Reich?=

Adolf Hitler was killed

thats sad

or he committed suicide, nobody really knows. Suicide is the most common belif I think

well like what happened did his girlfriend dump him or somethin

Im not sure...I think they were splitting up or didn't want to be together anymore. I know some people belive that she hired someone to kill him.

wow that really sucks but thanks for da info you seem like 1 of da cool ppl on youtube

your welcome : )

hey u got squirt

what?

Squirt.org

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's also the issue of Israel, to borrow from the old game of "Freep, or Stormfront?"

Israel/Jews is where the Alt-Right and the Alt-Lite diverge.

The Alt-Right hates Israel/Jews. Ironically enough Mike Enoch, one of the most anti-semitic of the Alt-Right, is married to a Jewish women...

The Alt-Lite tolerates/likes/loves Israel. They are more inline with Conservatives on this one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Much like Lovecraft, some of the weirdest hardest racists seem to end up in hypocritical marriages.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Montasque posted:

The Alt-Right hates Israel/Jews. Ironically enough Mike Enoch, one of the most anti-semitic of the Alt-Right, is married to a Jewish women...

I'm picturing a scenario similar to how H. P. Lovecraft's Jewish wife would slap him aside the head whenever he went in to an anti-semitic diatribe.

*EDIT*

God drat it beaten like a drum.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

Much like Lovecraft, some of the weirdest hardest racists seem to end up in hypocritical marriages.

many people are secretly attracted to the things they claim to hate

much like my secret unrequited love for the guy who starts up his two-stroke bike at 6am and idles if for 15 minutes with no goddamn muffler

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I have an acquaintance of mine, who I found just joined the Alt-Right.

Previously, she was a radical Leftist.

How she went from 'Trump is evil' to 'Trump is my bestie' in three months is kind of mind boggling.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Qu Appelle posted:

How she went from 'Trump is evil' to 'Trump is my bestie' in three months is kind of mind boggling.

I guess the horseshoe theory is back on the menu

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Qu Appelle posted:

its possible to be both a leftist and a big dumbass

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

safely sodomized posted:

no.

no!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maybe she just read a Witcher 3 review.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

safely sodomized posted:

see also: all of c-spam

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Qu Appelle posted:

oh, you know laci green?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

maybe she's an accelerationist.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Qu Appelle posted:

I know a lot of young people like that. It's because the right became counter-cultural and transgressive which used to be the domain of the left.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I know a lot of young people like that. It's because the right became counter-cultural and transgressive which used to be the domain of the left.

[democratishly] we gotta get more racist

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This might be the best explanation in this case.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

This photo is causing a minor stir in Italy. The woman pictured is Ahlam El Brinis, an Italian model of Moroccan/Muslim origin. The man? Matteo Salvini, an anti-Muslim leader of Italy's Lega Nord - a racist Northern Italian political party.

quote:

Matteo Salvini leaves capture next to the sexy model of Moroccan origin Alham El Brinis . She placed everything on its social profiles and web breaks out the storm.

The shot, published yesterday, shows the leader of the Northern League next to the beautiful Alham in the local "VillaPapeete" Milan Martittina, resort where the politician is usually spent his leisure time. "But hello Salvini !, she writes supplied image, and adds the emoticon of a winking little heart.

Immediate reaction of the web . Tens of shares, nearly a thousand comments beneath the post. In many point the finger: "But sorry she's an Arab! You're the ones who want to send them back to their home!" Wrote someone. "Just because she is beautiful, right? I bet if it were a scorpion with the veil would have not done the same speech," adds another user.

A break through the inertia thinks the same Alham. "Boys certainly know my roots! He also said that Morocco is a beautiful country and can not wait to come back," he writes.

Some is lost and gained in translation, but it seems Alham was trolling the fascist and owned him hard.

E: I just checked out 4chan ... Here's their HOT TAKE on this situation:

Montasque has issued a correction as of 00:46 on Jul 17, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/stefanmolyneux/status/886710167794061312

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

"muslims gently caress our women, so why don't we gently caress their women"

:thunk:

he literally might be getting to the point in the most idiotic fashion possible

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i like all the people saying dont sweat it you guys italians arent white anyway

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you can really own muslim countries by letting their immigrants come here, undermining their economies

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

w-what?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

[democratishly] we gotta get more racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4YJAs6Cv9I

aint nobody wants to gently caress a NEET

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
yeah but they'd probably be dead or homeless or some poo poo

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
channeling the sexual frustrations of sad losers, into supporting corporate dicksucking policies like dismantling welfare, is a stroke of loving genius though

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

wait, what? i honestly dont understand.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

yeah but they'd probably be dead or homeless or some poo poo

or, they'd be forced to seek employment, and would not be as alienated from the rest of the actually-working working-class

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

he's aging like a fine white wine, nuttier by the year

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait, what? i honestly dont understand.

Barbe Rouge posted:

he's aging like a fine white wine, nuttier by the year

none of these are arguments

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
oh wait i think he means that without the welfare state more women would seek relationships out of financial need

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

deadgoon posted:

oh wait i think he means that without the welfare state more women would seek relationships out of financial need

maybe. i honestly have no idea. maybe because "men were men and super rich and women would line up to suck their dicks"? idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

deadgoon posted:

yep

He's kind of missing the part where women tend to work now, independent of the existence of the welfare state