Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I've mentioned it here before somewhere that my VA psychiatrist is a chemtrail believer. the fuckers are literally everywhere.

Is that the zombie guy or the Doom level designer guy?

Because gently caress both of them.

Zombies. The iD Software guy is John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

suboptimal posted:

Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead were cool and good movies, but the genre gets pretty weird and crappy after that. Notable exceptions: Lucio Fulci's Zombi (where a zombie fights a shark under water, no joke) and Return of the Living Dead.

Kinda NSFW for 70s scuba boobs

https://youtu.be/dH2Eh3wEarY

Apparently the shark was fed horse meat full of tranquilizers before that scene, and the zombie is the shark's wrangler.

Zombi also has that nightmare-inducing scene where a zombie slowly pulls a chick's eye socket onto a jagged wooden splinter.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

What the congressman had failed to consider is that one of our notable scientists has calculated that the optimal ratio for a reserve breeding population is ten women to each man. Now, this will regrettably necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, as far as men are concerned. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics, which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Don't worry, I appreciated your Dr Strangelove reference.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

Zombi also has that nightmare-inducing scene where a zombie slowly pulls a chick's eye socket onto a jagged wooden splinter.

I tend to skip that scene. I'm more about the shark fight and the horrible dubbing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

no clue if this is real

... is this poo poo real?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
"Is anything real" is the question I've been asking a lot since June of 2015.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Every time I spot my postal worker delivering things, I try and see how he clips through things.

I'm not entirely sure if I would be terrified or relieved.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

TBeats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

no clue if this is real

... is this poo poo real?

https://trumpybear.mojocheckout.com/c116002033123225200/trumpybear/step1

"Real" is an objective term these days.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Martin Landou died.

John McCain? Still alive.

There is no God.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

we are in the maxtrix reality where cypher has succeded and become a famous president

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Gee you think he would've asked to not look like humpty dumpty

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Uhh the bacterial life we might find could one day evolve to say otherwise, you Monopoly-man strip mining fatcat gently caress!

No martians-4-oil!

This but unironically. Don't gently caress up the other planets, the Space Dolphins who take over after we nuke ourselves out of existence deserve the resources more.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

If the Martians deserve the resources so much maybe they should have stuck around after bringing humans out of the stone ages :colbert:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/health/john-mccain-blood-clot-recovery.html

quote:

The condition for which Senator John McCain had surgery on Friday may be more serious than initial descriptions have implied, and it may delay his return to Washington by at least a week or two, medical experts said on Sunday.

The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, has already announced that votes on a bill to dismantle the Affordable Care Act will not begin until Mr. McCain’s return. A statement released by Mr. McCain’s office on Saturday had suggested that he would be in Arizona recovering for just this week, but neurosurgeons interviewed said the typical recovery period could be longer.

The statement from Mr. McCain’s office said a two-inch blood clot was removed from “above his left eye” during a “minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision” at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, “following a routine annual physical.” Surgeons there are not conducting interviews. Mr. McCain’s communications director, Julie Tarallo, said further information would be made public when it became available.

A craniotomy is an opening of the skull, and an eyebrow incision would be used to reach a clot in or near the left frontal lobes of the brain, neurosurgeons who were not involved in Mr. McCain’s care said.

Continue reading the main story
RELATED COVERAGE

McCain’s Surgery Will Delay Senate Votes on Health Care Bill JULY 15, 2017

Governors Give Chilly Reception to Health Bill Push JULY 15, 2017

Senate Republicans Unveil New Health Bill, but Divisions Remain JULY 13, 2017

What Was Behind Those Befuddling McCain Questions? JUNE 8, 2017
“Usually, a blood clot in this area would be a very concerning issue,” said Dr. Nrupen Baxi, an assistant professor of neurosurgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City.

He added, “The recovery time from a craniotomy is usually a few weeks.”

A statement from the Mayo Clinic Hospital said that the senator was recovering well and in good spirits at home, and that tissue pathology reports would come back in several days.

But many questions have been left unanswered, including whether Mr. McCain had symptoms that prompted doctors to look for the clot. In June, his somewhat confused questioning of James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, led to concerns about his mental status, which he later jokingly dismissed by saying he had stayed up too late watching baseball the night before.

“Usually, a blood clot like this is discovered when patients have symptoms, whether it’s a seizure or headaches or weakness or speech difficulties,” Dr. Baxi said. “Generally, it’s not found on a routine physical because doctors would not know to look for it.”

The cause of the clot has not been disclosed. The possibilities include a fall or a blow to the head, a stroke or certain brain changes associated with aging. Mr. McCain is 80.

Apparently it's not possible to advance a major healthcare bill without killing a long-time Senator.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm deeply concerned about this.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
No one over 75 or under 25 should be considered fit for office.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Stultus Maximus posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/16/health/john-mccain-blood-clot-recovery.html

Apparently it's not possible to advance a major healthcare bill without killing a long-time Senator.

Doctors expressed concern about his condition, but ultimately decided not to do anything about it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Here's hoping McCain has a slow and gruelling recovery that keeps him bedridden.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Here's hoping McCain has a slow and gruelling recovery that keeps him bedridden.

I didn't know his doctor was Vietnamese.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

Every time I spot my postal worker delivering things, I try and see how he clips through things.

I'm not entirely sure if I would be terrified or relieved.

Finally started watching this show last week and saw this episode on Friday, so I really appreciate this post right now.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Handsome Ralph posted:

Finally started watching this show last week and saw this episode on Friday, so I really appreciate this post right now.

wow, thats quite a holdout

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wow, thats quite a holdout

If it's not on a steaming service, I will likely not see it. I added it to my shows on psvue and both seasons have DVRd so I'm binging before season three hits.

In current events news, one of Trump's lawyers has tried to say that it's the secret service's job to stop Don jr. and other Trump circle people from meeting with Russian intelligence if they're so bad. The secret service claps back with, uh no it's not and besides that, he wasn't under our protection at the time anyways.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/secret-service-dismisses-trump-lawyers-claim-russia-meeting/story?id=48673067

Edit: https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/886627117496250368/photo/1

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 17, 2017

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Smiling Jack posted:

we are in the maxtrix reality where cypher has succeded and become a famous president

and he has his steak well done? gently caress the machines, they know nothing about steak

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So apparently Minnesota Police responded to an Australian woman called for help in an alley by shooting her. They had cameras, but they were not turned on.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/australian-woman-shot-dead-minneapolis-police-officers-after-calling-911-n783581

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

So apparently Minnesota Police responded to an Australian woman called for help in an alley by shooting her. They had cameras, but they were not turned on.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/australian-woman-shot-dead-minneapolis-police-officers-after-calling-911-n783581

It's hard to imagine a scenario where a middle aged spiritualist would be so threatening to a group of armed men. Unfortunately for her there were no witnesses so there will not even be an investigation even if the cops hosed up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Buca di Bepis posted:

It's hard to imagine a scenario where a middle aged spiritualist would be so threatening to a group of armed men. Unfortunately for her there were no witnesses so there will not even be an investigation even if the cops hosed up.

If she was an American citizen, sure.

She's an Australian citizen, and they are pissed. And she was white.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Cop may find his/herself in hot water. The department has not at all come out swinging saying it was justified, just that they're looking into the matter. And one report is that the cop shot across the driver, from passenger seat, to hit her, which is a real weird engagement. Mayor has said some vague stuff about this being deeply troubling and they're investigating.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

They had cameras, but they were not turned on

Convenient, that.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I guess the whole body cameras thing isn't that useful if they just get turned off.

Not like anyone will give a gently caress, the usual people who'd defend this with no information are the same folks who wouldn't give a gently caress about suspicious lapses in camera footage.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

dscruffy1 posted:

I guess the whole body cameras thing isn't that useful if they just get turned off.

Not like anyone will give a gently caress, the usual people who'd defend this with no information are the same folks who wouldn't give a gently caress about suspicious lapses in camera footage.

Gonna laugh at the overall message that gets sent when the cop goes to jail for this

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Edit: I'm like 5 pages behind, whoops.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm surprised safari land or one of the bigger holster manufacturers haven't designed a "LE edition" that can send a blue tooth signal to start recordering when the pistol is unholstered.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm surprised safari land or one of the bigger holster manufacturers haven't designed a "LE edition" that can send a blue tooth signal to start recordering when the pistol is unholstered.

Sounds like something that will have easy "malfunctions"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Well a corrupt cop is still a corrupt cop.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

Details are lacking, but the story that I've heard is that she was standing at the driver's side door talking to the driver when the passenger, for completely unknown reasons, shot past his partner in the driver's seat and killed her.

Politically speaking the city's in a bad position because if they convict that cop for manslaughter after they just let the cop who murdered Philando Castile off, it's going to justify a lot of what BLM has been saying about Minnesota treating blacks as second-class citizens.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Oh drat I just saw a picture of her.

This is gonna be real interesting.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Zeroisanumber posted:

Details are lacking, but the story that I've heard is that she was standing at the driver's side door talking to the driver when the passenger, for completely unknown reasons, shot past his partner in the driver's seat and killed her.

Politically speaking the city's in a bad position because if they convict that cop for manslaughter after they just let the cop who murdered Philando Castile off, it's going to justify a lot of what BLM has been saying about Minnesota treating blacks as second-class citizens.

Yup. They either have to treat the killing the same way, or BLM is right. Its gonna be bad either way.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

From some information coming in from sources police are saying that right before being shot she was overheard telling the driver, "that's not a knife. This is a knife."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

^ truly shocking that they shot an Australian just for saying hello.

CommieGIR posted:

Yup. They either have to treat the killing the same way, or BLM is right. Its gonna be bad either way.

The other cop was acquitted at trial so if his cop is convicted at trial then it's on the juries of the twin cities. In theory at least.

Wasn't the previous incident Ramsey county instead of Hennepin?

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

From some information coming in from sources police are saying that right before being shot she was overheard telling the driver, "that's not a knife. This is a knife."

Crocodile Dundee, if directed by Christopher Columbus.

hobbesmaster posted:

The other cop was acquitted at trial so if his cop is convicted at trial then it's on the juries of the twin cities. In theory at least.

Wasn't the previous incident Ramsey county instead of Hennepin?

Doesn't really change anything, there's still a strong tendency for juries to acquit in police shooting cases if the victim was black versus white, as well as an unwillingness for prosecutors to fully push the case. Which still highlights BLM's complaint.

• Locked thread