Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I don't know if pc has it but a cool feature on Xbox is the LFG thing. There's usually about 30 of them going at any time and most of them are pretty chill players. You get a lot of Hoxton, overdrill and Santa 100+ bag games, but they are titled so easily avoidable. Most of the time you join the voice chat before the actual lobby so it is easy to tell if it's a lame crew or not within seconds and it's good to know if guys are using mics as well.

A surprising amount of players have stuck with this game since x360 version and are pretty good players to have around.

I have yet to finish a golden grin. Like, it just doesn't seem fun.

With all the new jobs added I still hold the legacy jobs closest to the heart. Literally played vanilla + transport only for like 2+ years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I honestly had a lot of fun figuring out how to solo stealth Golden Grin, but I don't think I'd ever do it again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I finally hit infamy rank 5 level 100

To celebrate, here is a piece of art aptly titled "Houston Ugly Vase"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Please help, I want to try other cool guns but none of them are as good or reliable as the ak 762. What are some good guns that aren't assault rifles or pistols?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

tweet my meat posted:

Please help, I want to try other cool guns but none of them are as good or reliable as the ak 762. What are some good guns that aren't assault rifles or pistols?

Every shotgun kicks rear end.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it's also difficult to go wrong with anything that explodes

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

EorayMel posted:

drat, I don't know what this does with crime but it looks good.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
The flowers in the vase need to be on fire to properly reflect the heisting.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

EorayMel posted:

Plan Z, top of the op please

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

tweet my meat posted:

Basically all LMGs, shotguns, SMGs, -and grenade launchers. The flamethrower is also really good.

swims
May 5, 2014

You said no rifles but G3 all day.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

tweet my meat posted:

Ace Body Expertise and Low Blow, then grab the Mac-10 or Micro Uzi as a secondary. They make amazing close range bullet hoses and are fun as hell to use.

Alternatively, crit flamethrower with Bronco secondary is still very much a thing and also incredibly fun.

Alternatively alternatively, you can bring GL40 + China Puff/Arbiter and proceed to be useless vs snipers, cloakers and dozers but phenomenal against everything else.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Anyone know how to hack in continental coins? I was playing the taxman mission and he bugged out. I couldn't get him to give up the password or knock him out. The dude was just comatose. I need 111 coins to restart the heist but I have 10 and I'm not defending my safe house 20 times.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

drat near every gun is, if not good, good enough that somebody's gonna pop up and say it's useful/fun for them.

Personal favorites:
- JP36, while an AR, has basically infinity bullets, reloads instantly and is rock-stable. Wave vaguely at head level or use Body Expertise and you're golden.
- Micro Uzi is a stunningly fast bullet hose that also has nearly infinite ammo, fires fast enough to disintegrate dozers, has nearly zero recoil and is easily concealable to boot.
- You like the AK 762, so I suggest the Krinkov. It's the 762 - but in SMG form. Like no, literally, it's the 762 in your secondary slot almost exactly.
- Most shotguns are good. Lately I've been running either the Flechette Raven/HE Judge combo for concealment or a 000 Steakout/DB Goliath setup.
- My standby for endurance runs is still the KSP/Arbiter - both will go for a long time off just raw ammo pickups, provide accuracy, deep magazines and flexibility.
- GL40 is basically the ideal for a high conceal build - you can make it tiny, but it's still an extremely high damaging area effect weapon.

vv The heck is an Ishmael? (The Loco is good though, yes.)

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 16, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Though not optimal, the Ishmael and loco make for fun guns. I also enjoy the Arbiter on high difficulties.

FalloutGod posted:

Anyone know how to hack in continental coins? I was playing the taxman mission and he bugged out. I couldn't get him to give up the password or knock him out. The dude was just comatose. I need 111 coins to restart the heist but I have 10 and I'm not defending my safe house 20 times.

There's a guide on the discord. Alternately, join my spree and never want for coins again

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Restarting the Crime Spree at max level costs about two thirds what it does to continue it at the same stage and you get to claim the rewards before doing so.

swims
May 5, 2014

Check my post history but I've been hyping Mac 10 since vanilla Payday before the ammo buff. Pound for pound it's been my favorite gun in this game. I used the JP heavily before Big Score.

Falcon once single fire mod was available. But then I went back and maxed a full auto falcon.

Now I will stand by G3- single or full auto. DMR though.

I don't have a lot of success with shottys or pistols in this game for some reason.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

For me, all of the guns are good in some way. It just depends on what I'm into. If I want to pop helmets one at a time, then I go for DMRs like the M308 and SCAR. If I just want a bullet hose that fires all day, then something like an LMG or the JP36. It kind of goes on like that.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I've been using a silenced Raven for my suit dodge build after someone mentioned it and have never turned back since.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Even if the autos are the best ones statistically, I just can't help but love the mosconi. The only things in the same ballbark for me are the GL40 and flame thrower. Brenner comes close as well.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Plan Z posted:

For me, all of the guns are good in some way. It just depends on what I'm into. If I want to pop helmets one at a time, then I go for DMRs like the M308 and SCAR. If I just want a bullet hose that fires all day, then something like an LMG or the JP36. It kind of goes on like that.

According to my weapons page the mosin is inferior to every stat compared to my l93 barring reload speed by 0.6 of a second.

This subconsciously deters me from popping heads using milsurp russian guns :smith:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Tempest_56 posted:

vv The heck is an Ishmael? (The Loco is good though, yes.)

I can't believe you don't know this gun it's only the most OP flame grenade rocket sniper rifle launcher in the game.

I think its the IZHMA or w/e shotgun maybe?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

IZHMA, yes. Sorry, phonepost autocorrected.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The IZHMA is good. Yes, especially on a Dodge Grinder build.

I never did get an answer. Maybe should ask Discord though. HE Judge or 5/7 for that? I tried the 5/7, but I like the utility of the Judge. Especially for Swan Song use in a pinch.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

I never did get an answer. Maybe should ask Discord though. HE Judge or 5/7 for that? I tried the 5/7, but I like the utility of the Judge. Especially for Swan Song use in a pinch.

I'd go with the 5/7, personally. Two reasons: anti-sniping (which a DB shotgun CAN do but depending on map it may or may not be effective) and if you've only got DB and HE shotguns you're gonna get dozer-hosed at some point since you can't effectively crit the face.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I definitely think the 5/7 has a bit more utility. It packs a mean punch, can pierce shields, can take out snipers, and can spray down a group in a pinch. It's been the ideal sidearm for me.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Manuel Calavera posted:

The only thing the Judge has over the 5/7 is working/procing Overkill, but being able to accurately pick off snipers is worth more imo

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The 5/7 also has that sweet rear end floral print skin which puts it miles above the judge in my humble opinion.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Did they ever make the Five-Seven not have insanely bad ammo stats? I wanted to like it but getting 1 bullet from every 10 kills kinda sucked.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

The 5/7 also has that sweet rear end floral print skin which puts it miles above the judge in my humble opinion.

I prefer the Judge skins better to hawaiian shirt gun but tastes are subjective and all.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If the 5/7 had good ammo stats it would be quite a bit better than most other pistols, which it already is in many aspects. It's definitely not as great if it's gonna see constant use, but it really shines if you're using it strictly as a secondary to pop shields, snipers, and other niche cases, or as a backup once your primary runs out to help you hold out a little longer until you need to pick up ammo. Ammo conservation is key to getting the most out of it.

You can also use it like a second primary if you're running ammo bags since you can consistently refill it without relying on the abysmal ammo pickup rate, but that goes without saying.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArkInBlack posted:

I prefer the Judge skins better to hawaiian shirt gun but tastes are subjective and all.

Yeah, I like the Splinter skin on the Judge. But those are fair points, I use either one strictly for Dozers or emergencies. Sniper duty makes sense, I'll look into getting a 5/7 for accuracy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Windmill Update: ~77,700/658,896, 11.7%!

...woo!

...Next update at 100k.

swims
May 5, 2014

Looks like it's not worth it

to me

With that amount of effort you could literally probably be a pro athlete or at least like a healthy dude.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

swims posted:

Looks like it's not worth it

to me

With that amount of effort you could literally probably be a pro athlete or at least like a healthy dude.

Until October, Robbedacop is all I have left to do.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

Neither of those involve occasionally picking up a turret and putting it back down.

Edit: 238k. Will one up Vox at 300k, if I remember to.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 18, 2017

swims
May 5, 2014

Please proceed.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

EorayMel posted:

deters me from popping heads using milsurp russian guns :smith:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I have procreated. I have blessed the world with a new being.

I have conceived my child; beautiful unlike any other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Making decent masks (or bad ones) wouldn't be so hard if the UI wasn't so bad. I've stuck with the same mask for the entire time I've had the game because I got lucky and it looks half way decent.