Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

people who vote for republicans will either vote republican or not vote and democrats don't have a great get out the vote campaign so it'll be a wash and things will turn out as historically expected

i'm not mad about obamacare actually i'm laughing

--every single democratic congressman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

nopantsjack posted:

Who is Van Jones?

He's that general in XCOM that you have to rescue from all those thin men. gently caress thin men

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Al! posted:

i exchange my forums cred for cowry shells and soon i will be able to afford a small heard of goats

hey al i tried ur game out and i had a good time i hope you make it for real

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

King of the Beach posted:

well i have currently have a 2nd degree burn wound on my arm that is all bubbled up and full of pus that resembles Balsamic Vinaigrette so yeah man i kinda do...

You know what? I'm not going to judge. Even if it doesn't "count" you're showing solidarity in spirit. Thank you.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Chokes McGee posted:

Anyone else here have salad dressing coming out of their pores? Feel free to speak up, I'll go to bat for you. It's not just ranch we're very inclusive in this thread

I bleed red, white, and bleu cheese

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tautologicus posted:

Yea let me know when those investigations come up with anything. Just cause you go look for a werewolf doesnt mean youre going to find one. But it makes for a good show, everyone gets real excited.

And Van Jones is like 30% of CNN, if you dont care what he says, you dont care what CNN says. And they say the same stuff as virtually the rest of the mainstream media. So by association you'd be listening to nothing.

You have to care what Van Jones says. You have to rehabilitate his words. What did he mean when he said "This russia story is a big nothingburger"? No hint of sarcasm or facetiousness or anything in his voice. He said it straight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah, last night's Thrones was good

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

and its whispered that soon if we book obamas room
then putin will lead us to treason
and a new day will dawn
for those who bing bong
and the KGB monitoring station will echo with laughter
if theres a bustle in your hotel room
dont be alarmed now
its just a spring clean for the piss queens
yes there are two you get pissed on by
but in the long run
the kompromat will be your undoing
and it makes me wonder

ur a C-SPAM genius punchy brewster

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Serf posted:

i'm makin a tremors adventure for my rpg peeps, should be fun

they are called graboids, shriekers, and assblasters please get the terminology correct

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

TBeats posted:

people who vote for republicans will either vote republican or not vote and democrats don't have a great get out the vote campaign so it'll be a wash and things will turn out as historically expected

There's a reason why Mcconnell is so dead set on this. Here', this is direct from a former head aide of Mcconnell's.

quote:

A failure to address a conviction among the base of the Republican Party, seven years in the making, is infinitely more damaging than the ramifications of a three-week snapshot that starts well underwater because of partisan polarization. I also believe there is a cascading effect to not getting this done that could bleed into other agenda items, which would create a catastrophic narrative in the midterms if that occurred.

quote:

If they were making a political decision, the decision is pretty simple: You cannot win an election if you do not have a base of support. The cold reality is that the phrase “President Trump’s efforts to repeal Obamacare” probably tests in the mid-90s among the Republican base right now. Even if that sentiment changes dramatically over time, the seared memory of a disappointment this significant to the Republican base has a somewhat serious chance of forever damaging Republican political careers. Compounding this problem is the very real notion that without action, the insurance markets may collapse. If that happens and a bipartisan insurance bailout materializes, conservative base voters will never, ever forget it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.6efbc20b39ec

Mcconnell's (and Trump's by extension) all legislative slate depends on healthcare passing. That's why it was first, and that's why it's always been the primary focus of the Republican Congress. It's the binding agent of all the fractious elements of the Repub base, and it not passing puts the Republican party in a dangerous place going into 2018. Things matter, but not the things you and I would think would (like saving lives and stuff). If the Republicans can't be seen as doing anything or owning Dems or whatever, that will likely have an effect on the base, a reality that Repub operators are very well aware of.

Citizen Tayne posted:

It will pass. The law doesn't matter. The GOP wants this tax cut and they pull all the levers.

There's a good chance it might. But the events of the last days hurt its chances. It has a delicate and precarious road to enactment.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I bleed red, white, and bleu cheese

That's what I like to see, a patriotic Dressing-American. :patriot:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
"You have to care about this one thing or you are unfit to be my argument opponent" is a great take

just A+ debate technique

I miss my Lubchanskytar sometimes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Serf posted:

i'm makin a tremors adventure for my rpg peeps, should be fun

aw poo poo Tremors would be perfect for a Delta Green oneshot

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tautologicus posted:

Yea let me know when those investigations come up with anything. Just cause you go look for a werewolf doesnt mean youre going to find one. But it makes for a good show, everyone gets real excited.

And Van Jones is like 30% of CNN, if you dont care what he says, you dont care what CNN says. And they say the same stuff as virtually the rest of the mainstream media. So by association you'd be listening to nothing.

Oh you'll know.

You have caught be in your clever trap I do not watch cable news because I am not 65 years old or currently in an airport.

I am undone, and with that liberalism dies.

Serf
May 5, 2011

its actually sadder than this bc the dude supports trump

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

nopantsjack posted:

Who is Van Jones?

That's what I named the van I live in, down by the river

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

You have to care what Van Jones says. You have to rehabilitate his words. What did he mean when he said "This russia story is a big nothingburger"? No hint of sarcasm or facetiousness or anything in his voice. He said it straight

he said it because he thinks it's nothing, much like you, and he's wrong, much like you, due to eg the big ol' post that you studiously replied 'nah, don't think so' to

why am i making this post

heckin good thread title anyway

Chokes McGee posted:

Of course it does, I'm not going to discriminate against my yellow brothers, unlike Tautilogicus, who won't ever be named for racism because I have no forums clout.

good, i'm glad

Iron Crowned posted:

He's that general in XCOM that you have to rescue from all those thin men. gently caress thin men

that was van doorn u mothre fucker

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

What could Truck Smith have meant when he said Trimps Ukraine connection was a nowtsandwich???

ANSWWR THE QUESTION LIIIIBS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

aw poo poo Tremors would be perfect for a Delta Green oneshot

this is good and true and i hope someone makes that but i am makin it for shadow of the demon lord

dwarves vs. graboids

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ramadu posted:

chris wallace and shepered smith both said that the russia thing is real and a big deal on fox news

chheck mate

They believe in the ratings god. Thats what the cnn producer siad, they do it because of ratings. its obvious to any simpleton really. they dont give a single loving poo poo about the truth.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ouhei posted:

This thread is infinitely less interesting when it's back and forth with a lazy troll and not hilarious political tweets and articles.

Ouhei posted:

This thread is infinitely less interesting when it's back and forth with a lazy troll and not hilarious political tweets and articles.

Ouhei posted:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

World War Mammories posted:

Still, gently caress thin men

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Alright I think I've rode that joke as far as it'll go

Sup thread we watched Stop Making Sense last night and it owned

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

he said it because he thinks it's nothing, much like you, and he's wrong, much like you, due to eg the big ol' post that you studiously replied 'nah, don't think so' to

no, you don't understand

you have to agree with this person

it says right here in the rulebook, paragraph 504

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Ramadu posted:

chris wallace and shepered smith both said that the russia thing is real and a big deal on fox news

chheck mate

yeah but uhhhhh did they say this on secret video tape??

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

why am i making this post

heckin good thread title anyway

good, i'm glad

ahhhh so you have to throw van jones under the bus to keep your worldview intact. but he apologized on air and said his words were taken out of context. So how do you put his words into context for him?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Tautologicus posted:

They believe in the ratings god. Thats what the cnn producer siad, they do it because of ratings. its obvious to any simpleton really. they dont give a single loving poo poo about the truth.

what does that have to do with Fox News, which is what the post you quoted was talking about

https://twitter.com/complex/status/886951775114330112

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

nopantsjack posted:

Who is Van Jones?

Don't you understand Van Jones is the man around which all liberalism, nay all leftist thought itself, revolves around. Without his blessing stories and entire schools of philosophy wither and die.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
liberals are bad

republicans are also liberals

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Iron Crowned posted:

those are actually trans snake ladies tho

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hillary and Obama will be in jail by 2020. Bill will be hitting the singles circuit and happier than ever.

He's gonna "look after" Michelle while Obama actually coverts to islam

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

TBeats posted:

what does that have to do with Fox News, which is what the post you quoted was talking about

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Stop responding to taut

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

Who is Van Jones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpPSBzGEklE

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

I don't normally victim blame, but what did you think would happen when you're hanging out with R. Kelly?

His name is literally, R. "I run abusive cults of sex weirds" Kelly, it's kind of all out there for people to see.

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me

BiohazrD posted:

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

but poo poo it was 99 cents

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Tautologicus posted:

yes its true...the ratings god demands tribute in the form of abandoned journalistic ethics and integrity from ALL cable news talking heads

capitalism~<3

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

and its whispered that soon if we book obamas room
then putin will lead us to treason
and a new day will dawn
for those who bing bong
and the KGB monitoring station will echo with laughter
if theres a bustle in your hotel room
dont be alarmed now
its just a spring clean for the piss queens
yes there are two you get pissed on by
but in the long run
the kompromat will be your undoing
and it makes me wonder

and he's frightened of stairways in general

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Ok this might be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TBeats posted:

Well that doesn't seem too surprising.

At least someone is enjoying piss tapes, though the rest of us cannot.

• Locked thread