Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Cinara posted:

Grimmmz is pretty salty he just hides is better than most. I watched him for a while but eventually that's all you can notice during his stream.

Viss is one of the few streamers I watch anymore.

As soon as I saw the grimdark backgrounds for someone that says gosh darn when hes mad and goddamn as a catchphrase I knew it was coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm also willing to take a crack at getting us custom games. I mostly just stream the game and only unmute my mic when people talk in chat, but I'm down to switch things up and try new things to get the required amount of people watching. In fact, I'm starting my stream up right now!

e: also yeah, grimmz doesnt hide his salt very well at all imo.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010

The Mash posted:

Holy poo poo you're bad. Holy poo poo they're even worse

Thanks bud!

revolther
May 27, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was trying to get it, as I run the discord, but no one wanted to give me fake follows to help everyone out. Hope this helps.
I'm rarely on the discord only barely follow the thread and even I get that you're the obvious candidate, and it would be for the greater good.

But it's sorta like, should we really stoke that flame? You'll get all inside your own head internet famous and start injecting things into your balls.

Your balls man.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFxORlwI9PM

:3:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

oh my poo poo it finally happened, all i had to do was lay low and let everyone kill each other

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This needs to screen at Sundance.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The best.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Had one of my best squad games to date with 2 other discord goons and 1 random pubbie. As is customary, the 2 goons went down early in a military base drop (after encountering what is always tantamount to a gentle breeze in opposition), and only the pubbie and I remained. What followed was pretty humorous as my fallen goonmates had to relay all of the pubbie's communication to me, and vice versa, since my in game sound has never worked from day 1 (yes, I've tried ctrl-T). I think the lack of general chatter may have even helped me focus a bit.

We ended up getting lucky with the circle ending on the military base island (go figure). Highlights included him driving to a crate, figuring out I wanted the groza in it, but rather than picking it up and bringing it to me, he drove all the way back across the island to pick me up and ferry me to it. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, someone else had already taken it and disappeared (?). I got knocked once and he promptly got me up, then I did the same for him, like a true murdering love story. Honorable mention to the guy driving through the main firefight on a motorcycle with a gillie suit on and like 15 people left (???). We just barely took him out 2v1 after he nearly ran us over, then I looted his fully kitted out, suppressed SCAR and gillie and took us all the way to a 9 kill chicken dinner with both of us alive. Turns out the pubbie could shoot aces. I got the last two enemies in our 2v2 when they tried to bum rush his rock, but I saved him. Here's to you, Guts_Mcgee.

I kinda wish I could add him on steam but in a way it's good, it will never ruin the mystery.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I like watching choco he's like the Bob Ross of Battlegrounds.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernEmpathicPuffinJebaited

Sometimes the ghillie works.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

underage at the vape shop posted:

tuned in on Grimmmz checking the stats of a guy who killed him, checked out his 1 kd and concluded it Must have been a Stream Snipe Lag Switch

"He has a kd of 1. An average of 1 kill per match. Only 1 kill be it squad game or solo game. hmmmmmm"

yeah that made me lol considering that I have nearly the same rating/rank as grimmmz with *only* a 1kdr! it's almost like the game rewards people more for placing higher than it does for just mindless killing!! what a shock!

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

yeah that made me lol considering that I have nearly the same rating/rank as grimmmz with *only* a 1kdr! it's almost like the game rewards people more for placing higher than it does for just mindless killing!! what a shock!

Not sure I'd describe what Grimmz does as mindless killing. Dude is salty when he loses, but he's drat good at the game, and he picks his encounters intelligently.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

It's almost like people who rank high and have a high KDR aren't killing people mindlessly. What a shock.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
hide and seek world champion trying to downplay grimmmz's absolutely insane constant dunking on everybody, shocking

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Picking fights is all well and good but it's probably better to hide in the long run and let other people open the bloodgates. There's no real endgame gear, lvl2 kit + rifle/ump + some meds is more than enough to win and that you can get in any decent size compound. After that it's just playing the circle

E: especially with early game clusterfucks like school/apts just grab a gun and set up to mop up the survivor(s) instead trying to one man army that poo poo

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 17, 2017

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

top 10% avg movement per game is hiding champ stats. good to know

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

You don't even really need the ghillie for that either. My chicken dinner yesterday had me hanging out in a bush for like 10 minutes and the only reason one guy figured out where I was was because I kept shooting at him until he figured it out. Then another guy finished him off as he retreated. You just have to find the right bush. The type in that video will conceal anyone that doesn't move fairly well. There are some slightly smaller ones that don't hide you for poo poo though.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

top 10% avg movement per game is hiding champ stats. good to know

Listen dude. We get it. You have a high rank but nobody is gonna pat you on the back for proning in a field while other people in the top 20 fight it out.

It's pretty ironic to refer to a top 10% movement stat while still maintaining one kill per round as proof of not hiding. You are either a "running away from action" champ or a "hiding" champ. Pick whichever one you feel better about.

EDIT: It is also not a stretch to assume that somebody with a high KDR will be better at killing people. That's not to say they are better overall. They are just better at that thing.

People who are good at the game can also be stream snipers. They are not mutually exclusive.

EDIT2: Mobile is hard

TJChap2840 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 17, 2017

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Does the ghillie suit only drop from crates? I haven't found it before.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jul 17, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Laying low is the strongest in solo I think. Exposing yourself to fight means you can get shot in the back by anyone. In squads you're more likely to not run into more than one opponent (1-4 bodies though) at a time so it's easy to get a sense of where the danger is. Also stockpiling gear through kills is more useful when there's 4+ guns to stick scopes on

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

B-Mac posted:

Does the ghillie suit only drop from carted? I haven't found it before.

Yes. It is in the crate only.

Edit: wait, are you talking about the air drop in game? Then yes it is only in that. If you are talking about the reward crates I don't think they are.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 17, 2017

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Laying low is the strongest in solo I think. Exposing yourself to fight means you can get shot in the back by anyone. In squads you're more likely to not run into more than one opponent (1-4 bodies though) at a time so it's easy to get a sense of where the danger is. Also stockpiling gear through kills is more useful when there's 4+ guns to stick scopes on

There's certainly a chicken and egg scenario, at least with Grimmmz. His early game kills are normally for finding gear he "needs" and his late game kills are for finding boosts and first aid. The boosts and first aid wouldn't be as necessary if he wasn't hunting people down all game.

Either way, the path of least resistance to the top, in this case literally, doesn't work for me because I'm too impatient. So I'll just wade around in low MMR scum because I'm terrible at positioning and gun play but I don't want to do the sensible thing of being more opportunistic because I get bored. Oh well.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
imagine, in tyool 2017, white knighting a battle royale vidder game streamer

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm bad at finding people in the distance and even worse at figuring how where is safe in a nature spot. So I rarely break 20. But I have fun scavenging so I typically make it to 30.
I enjoy urban combat though. I wish the circle closed in on a town every now and then.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

imagine, in tyool 2017, white knighting a battle royale vidder game streamer

I'm talking about one style versus another.

Sorry bud.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The best option is to get a jeep and follow the gunshots and learn how to quickly hop out (without killing yourself lol), ruin some nerd's day, then drive off into the sunset while avoiding damage from crossfire and other hazards

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I wish the circle closed in on a town every now and then.

I've been in a few town battles with ~5 people left. Having the circle close off half of a house, and it being the half where you have to leave is pretty intense.

Good soup! posted:

The best option is to get a jeep and follow the gunshots and learn how to quickly hop out (without killing yourself lol), ruin some nerd's day, then drive off into the sunset while avoiding damage from crossfire and other hazards

Even better if you stole that jeep from somebody who stopped to loot a house.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hockles posted:

Even better if you stole that jeep from somebody who stopped to loot a house.

Or you already had a jeep so you just switch over to the passenger seat and shoot a tire as you pass :sun:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Chard posted:

If someone posts a bullet point list of instructions that me, a mental child, can follow to help achieve this end I will do so.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I think someone in here... maybe Bobbin Threadbear? He was trying to get it together but didn't seem to be getting many responses

TwatHammer posted:

Hell even i've been trying to get in on that.

Efexeye posted:

no that one salty guy already said this was dumb

Parallel Playa posted:

I'm also willing to take a crack at getting us custom games. I mostly just stream the game and only unmute my mic when people talk in chat, but I'm down to switch things up and try new things to get the required amount of people watching. In fact, I'm starting my stream up right now!
e: also yeah, grimmz doesnt hide his salt very well at all imo.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I was trying to get it, as I run the discord, but no one wanted to give me fake follows to help everyone out. Hope this helps.

revolther posted:

I'm rarely on the discord only barely follow the thread and even I get that you're the obvious candidate, and it would be for the greater good.

But it's sorta like, should we really stoke that flame? You'll get all inside your own head internet famous and start injecting things into your balls.

Your balls man.

Alright well this poo poo needs to happen.

I've been planning on green-screening my dog and making him stream sick 360 no scopes, since I know for sure my dog is popular, at least more popular than me. He'll also wear glasses and stuff and chill. I'm willing to do it of course, but I only have 14 followers right now, and some goons here already have a poo poo-load...

I also own an indie game studio developing a (bad rear end amazing awesome) game, I can send messages from that account and try to persuade them to hook the goons up because we're both UE4 buddies (worthless I know), I doubt this will work but I will try anyway. However, goons have 200k members and a 260 page thread about PUBG and we've dominated nearly every game we play (when we organize). If we can rally as a community around this game/twitch I'm positive one of us can secure the client with custom game mode abilities. Then we can host and stream bad rear end goon league battles. This is a long shot I know, but it's a shot worth taking.

Sooooo... we just need to nominate someone and start following/hosting/helping each other on twitch. If anyone cares this is mine : https://www.twitch.tv/nuzzletops/ but I'm 100% on board with whomever we all choose as a TIGHT NIT COMMUNITY THAT DOMINATES GAMES TOGETHER. So if there's someone more qualified let's get them up here and do this thing.

Oh, I also own goonleague.com so we can do something with that.

RizieN fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 17, 2017

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Made a 3 today. Got killed by circle, as I had no idea it killed so fast at smaller diameters. Good to know.

Is there a half decent wiki for this game or is it pretty much learn as you go? The official one is pretty light on gritty details.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You guys should all follow me, I don't stream but I say stupid poo poo all the time so I'm like %95 of the way there.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Beach Bum posted:

Made a 3 today. Got killed by circle, as I had no idea it killed so fast at smaller diameters. Good to know.

Is there a half decent wiki for this game or is it pretty much learn as you go? The official one is pretty light on gritty details.

pubg.me has a lot of stats data mined, so probably the best source at the moment.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Had a game this weekend with other goons and it got down to the last 2 people in a city. Both were behind one of the small walls with a alley in the middle. The circle was just large enough that they didn't need to move. The circle shrank one last time right in the middle of the alley so they would have to. Sadly our goon got a shotgun right in the face and we got 2nd place.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

willroc7 posted:

What followed was pretty humorous as my fallen goonmates had to relay all of the pubbie's communication to me, and vice versa, since my in game sound has never worked from day 1 (yes, I've tried ctrl-T).

I have the same issue. Changing the default communications device under recording devices helps, but I need to do it every time I reboot my pc.

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

i prefer pubgtracker.com, because it has more stats to comb through and make you feel better about hiding your way to the top

FYAD SECRETARY fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 17, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

RizieN posted:

Alright well this poo poo needs to happen.

I've been planning on green-screening my dog and making him stream sick 360 no scopes, since I know for sure my dog is popular, at least more popular than me. He'll also wear glasses and stuff and chill. I'm willing to do it of course, but I only have 14 followers right now, and some goons here already have a poo poo-load...

I also own an indie game studio developing a (bad rear end amazing awesome) game, I can send messages from that account and try to persuade them to hook the goons up because we're both UE4 buddies (worthless I know), I doubt this will work but I will try anyway. However, goons have 200k members and a 260 page thread about PUBG and we've dominated nearly every game we play (when we organize). If we can rally as a community around this game/twitch I'm positive one of us can secure the client with custom game mode abilities. Then we can host and stream bad rear end goon league battles. This is a long shot I know, but it's a shot worth taking.

Sooooo... we just need to nominate someone and start following/hosting/helping each other on twitch. If anyone cares this is mine : https://www.twitch.tv/nuzzletops/ but I'm 100% on board with whomever we all choose as a TIGHT NIT COMMUNITY THAT DOMINATES GAMES TOGETHER. So if there's someone more qualified let's get them up here and do this thing.

Oh, I also own goonleague.com so we can do something with that.

I think it would be easier to apply for "community/organisation" access and not streaming partner access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Parallel Playa posted:

I have the same issue. Changing the default communications device under recording devices helps, but I need to do it every time I reboot my pc.

OK, I'll try that. We should try duos again sometime. We can do better than that first run, I promise.

• Locked thread