Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Hollismason posted:

This explains a lot because some times it comes up and apparently we had similar threads or something then people are all " You removed your teeth with pliers and posted pictures.".

I could have sworn there were two Hollis Masons, you and Hollis Mason with a space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hollismason posted:

hi this is me, it's literally true and i took pictures to prove it in case 'picture of tooth chunk' and 'picture of bloody socket i tore it out of' help you in a basic day
tooth chunk: http://i.imgur.com/ghLi9.jpg
socket: http://i.imgur.com/k0RSk.jpg

the tooth had to go and i didn't have insurance, and that's not even the worst thing i took pictures for proof of doing because IRC didn't believe me, namaste

edit again: no, i am not hollis mason

BWAHAHAHAHA! Now it shall forever be remembered as you Hollismason!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Tardcore posted:

I could have sworn there were two Hollis Masons, you and Hollis Mason with a space

I thiught there was and that the one with the space tore his teeth out. I guess(?) It was popecrunch but I swore a hollis mason did it. Probably just a bad memory, though it is interesting if multiple people thought this was true as well. I'd also bet there have been multiple goons with tooth extraction threads in gbs over the years. Apologies to hollismason.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

get that OUT of my face posted:

The most underappreciated word filter was the one that changed "hth" to "I'm a huge prick."

awwww man I miss this one

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Robocop was a pretty good one as well.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

sneakyfrog posted:

I still reference this one all the time, so good. I guess nothing is going to top "weaboo" as the filter with the biggest impact on the internet, though.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I still reference this one all the time, so good. I guess nothing is going to top "weaboo" as the filter with the biggest impact on the internet, though.

What did that filter to or from?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

wyntyr posted:

What did that filter to or from?

Way back in like 2004-5 on 4chan that was the word filter for 'wapanese', a white guy who was obsessed with Glorious Nippon, and today it's accepted slang basically everywhere, with variants popping up like 'teaboo' for Americans obsessed with British culture and the shorthand 'weeb' even being pretty well understood.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Well the word comes from this pbf comic:

http://pbfcomics.com/comics/weeaboo/

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

purple death ray posted:

'teaboo' for Americans obsessed with British culture

lmao oh my god

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I like wehraboo personally

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Code Jockey posted:

lmao oh my god

"Ouiaboo" for Francophiles

(I can't take credit for that but I can't remember who came up with it)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
weabloo/weeablue came up in the mass effect thread a few times

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

sneakyfrog posted:

Also relevant to fans of The Smurfs and Avatar.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

purple death ray posted:

'teaboo' for Americans obsessed with British culture

Heath posted:

"Ouiaboo" for Francophiles

sneakyfrog posted:

Lol

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I like wehraboo personally

There's an active WW2 "reenactment" scene where I live in which real curiously everyone involved seems to want to dress up as period-accurate German officers, preferably SS. This word is perfect for those neonazi assholes lol

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Hollismason posted:

This explains a lot because some times it comes up and apparently we had similar threads or something then people are all " You removed your teeth with pliers and posted pictures.".

whatever you do, do NOT ask for clarification if someone asks about body hair removal. don't ask what they are talking about, you are happier not knowing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mammal Sauce posted:

Was that the thread that had the YouTube video with the possible kidnapping victim in a little room under the stairway?

Uhhh is everyone just gonna waltz the f past this

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

If it's the one of the fat dude in the glasses I think it was discovered that it was just two actors and they've been in other videos since then.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Aesop Poprock posted:

After looking into it, I think I was remembering the "Hi Walter" video which was thought to show a girl bound in a small bathroom who had disappeared in the late 2000s, but I just found out was later proven fake. It may have been that thread or in the PYF Unnerving Article thread.

e: beaten

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

barbecue at the folks posted:

There's an active WW2 "reenactment" scene where I live in which real curiously everyone involved seems to want to dress up as period-accurate German officers, preferably SS. This word is perfect for those neonazi assholes lol

Everybody is the SS officer in a Hugo Boss uniform, nobody is the conscripted 16 year old who gets gut shot and freezes to death on the eastern front, magazine in hand but no rifle.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

evobatman posted:

Everybody is the SS officer in a Hugo Boss uniform, nobody is the conscripted 16 year old who gets gut shot and freezes to death on the eastern front, magazine in hand but no rifle.

One of these days I'm going to show up to a LARP as a filthy peasant with a pitchfork.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

"oh wow paedophile and serial killer videos holy poo poo let me get in on this"

I think they're saying they want to see the time in forums history where someone discovered this, not that they want to watch pedo murders dude.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this is PYF so that's an extremely unwarranted assumption

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

evobatman posted:

There's an artist that one of those that likes to draw historical soldiers as girls, but instead it's in the lovely situations soldiers typically get into. One is laying in the snow shot in the gut during operation Stösser

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

sneakyfrog posted:

"neoliberal" -> "n-word" was pretty great

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Rough Lobster posted:

I think they're saying they want to see the time in forums history where someone discovered this, not that they want to watch pedo murders dude.

Yeah, I'm morbidly curious to see how many horrified reactions there are itt, and how many fappers there are. Because this is Goons we're talking about, you know there'll be both.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Inescapable Duck posted:

One of these days I'm going to show up to a LARP as a filthy peasant with a pitchfork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4sSpFhUYWk

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
koreaboo for certain breeds of mmo players

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

evobatman posted:

Seems like that would make good street theatre. Show up playing conscripts sitting around in shock, sobbing and crying for their parents. Use Halloween makeup to be a corpse with a horrific facial expression, or crying woman clutching a fake dead baby, and photobomb them. Any sort of reaction from them would be photogenic. Imagine them losing their temper and yelling at and dragging one of those away from the audience.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

You've got stronger nerves than me if you're able to get through 10 seconds of that video before the guy who's filming it distracts all of your attention away from it with his heavy labored breathing

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't make fun of franco's crippling obesity

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

Don't make fun of franco's crippling obesity

If there's one thing to be said in his defense I'm pretty sure he was actually in decent shape for an SA mod who isn't that huge dude from the workout forum

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Vertically-filmed videos with 75% of the sides cropped out is less egregious than filming a TV screen. Get a capture card you pleb

gently caress you don't even need a capture card just free recording software and cable TV, 90% of the channels let you stream all their shows if you get them anyway

not even bothering to turn the closed captions off :cmon: smdh

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I thiught there was and that the one with the space tore his teeth out. I guess(?) It was popecrunch but I swore a hollis mason did it. Probably just a bad memory, though it is interesting if multiple people thought this was true as well. I'd also bet there have been multiple goons with tooth extraction threads in gbs over the years. Apologies to hollismason.

No I am the same Hollis Mason. There's never been anyone else. Hollis Mason got banned ( not permaed) so I tried to re up for my account, but then because my email was still the one that used my old college email I couldn't gain access for some reason. So I re regged as Hollis then explained what happened and a Mod changed my name to Hollismason because of the space thing and for some reason they couldn't change the email on the old account so this was the solution that worked. Hollismason and Hollis Mason are both me.

Anyway that's my mini saga

Hollismason has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Jul 17, 2017

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hollismason posted:

No I am the same Hollis Mason. There's never been anyone else. Hollis Mason got banned, so I tried to re up for my account, but then because my email was still the one that used my old college email I couldn't gain access for some reason. So I re regged as Hollis then explained what happened and a Mod changed my name to Hollismason because of the space thing or something. Hollismason and Hollis Mason are both me.

Anyway that's my mini saga

This boring bullshit makes me want to tear out my own teeth.

Say, wasn't there a goon who did that? What was his name again?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I hope your teeth are all better now and in your skull. :)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

VanSandman posted:

This boring bullshit makes me want to tear out my own teeth.

Say, wasn't there a goon who did that? What was his name again?

Dan Drieberg I think

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

You've got stronger nerves than me if you're able to get through 10 seconds of that video before the guy who's filming it distracts all of your attention away from it with his heavy labored breathing

its kind of a performance piece in itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

If there's one thing to be said in his defense I'm pretty sure he was actually in decent shape for an SA mod who isn't that huge dude from the workout forum

Shine?

I think he quit modding to focus on his couch-lifting career.