Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You do not need the recipient's SSN to purchase a gift savings bond.

E: I just googled this and I guess now you do, since they went all electronic.

I learned something today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

blarzgh posted:

but WHY is it bad?

If you don't trust your partner you should probably just break up. Like if you feel legit suspicious of something feel free to snoop so you can feel vindicated when you sever but if you find nothing you should probably break up anyways.

I'd dump someone for going through my phone/emails/etc and I've never done anything unfaithful.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Haifisch posted:

My (26F) dad (48M) asked for my newborn's SSN, told me it was none of my business

quote:

And then be blew up and said it was none of my business, none of my SO's business, that it was between him and Baby.
LMAO

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Boss Baby is strong, and real, and my friend.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ArbitraryC posted:

If you don't trust your partner you should probably just break up. Like if you feel legit suspicious of something feel free to snoop so you can feel vindicated when you sever but if you find nothing you should probably break up anyways.

I'd dump someone for going through my phone/emails/etc and I've never done anything unfaithful.

It's this.

Reddit has taken it to mean that snooping is always wrong, when the more accurate version would probably be something more like snooping is always the death of the relationship or something.

If you're snooping on your SO then something has eroded that basic trust. Could be justified, could be paranoia. The thing is it doesn't really matter because regardless of how you got there, you're in a place where you don't trust your partner and that's basically the end of the line.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My sister [19F] is avoiding me [18M] and being really mean to me, apparently because of a dream she had. Weird don't know what to do.

quote:

My sister and I normally have a great relationship, we get along great. Last night we ordered a pizza and watched a movie, played some video games, had lots of fun and went to bed late.

Suddenly this morning she was acting differently, she was like avoiding me, scowling at me. When I speak to her, she would just give me short abrupt answers, almost angry, and avoid even making eye contact with me.

It was really strange, I hadn't done anything to upset or offend her. We'd had lots of fun last night, she was really happy and excited last night, and seemed genuinely happy and full of energy. Now this morning, she was suddenly mad and grumpy at me. Trying to avoid interacting with me, avoiding eye contact, being rude almost.

I asked my parents if something was wrong, why was she upset with me? They had no idea.

I tried asking her. At first she denied it, she said nothing's wrong. I said, I can tell something is wrong. Did I do something bad? Did I upset her? Did I say something to offend her? We were both being really nice the day before and everything was great, why all of a sudden is she acting like this. I asked her if I did anything, she said "sort of". She said not me me, but still, kind of me. I had no idea what she meant she sounded crazy. She said, I wouldn't want to know, but it was still reason enough for her to avoid me. I was absolutely stunned I had no idea what she meant. She then divulged that it was a dream she had last night, apparently she had a sex dream involving me, the two of us having sex in the dream, and she was completely grossed out.

I told her ugh, gross, why is she telling me? She said "you wanted to know, you kept asking". I told her I had no idea it was that, she could have warned me. She said now she felt embarrassed and hated herself.

I said, so what, its just a dream. Everyone has sex dreams about everyone, it doesn't mean anything. She said it made her feel guilty and weirded out enough she wanted to avoid me. I could tell she felt weird around me cause she didn't want to touch me or make eye contact with me. I told her, I'm your brother, you don't have to fear me I'd never try to hurt you.

She said the whole dream still made her feel both pissed off and guilty. So she was taking it out on me? she was taking it out by punishing me? Its not my fault, I did nothing wrong. I can't control what she dreams.

Is she acting normally? What should I do here, why is she acting like this and punishing me for something that happened in a dream?

tl;dr: Sister is avoiding me and being mean to me apparently because of a dream she had.

The other night I had a dream where Jason Vorhees was chasing me through a claustrophic empty city, but he was slow as gently caress and I could outwalk him with no effort, so mostly I just threw furniture at him for fun because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Well that's my story.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Intruder posted:

My sister [22F] is no longer on speaking terms with me [26M] because I refused to renew a lease with her because of the new guy [37M] she's dating.

Its like her sister got sent back to the minors.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Danaru posted:

My sister [19F] is avoiding me [18M] and being really mean to me, apparently because of a dream she had. Weird don't know what to do.

He should kiss her to break the tension.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's common knowledge that we are all like 25% culpable for what we do in other people's dreams

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I once woke up to getting punched in the face because my then-girlfriend dreamed that I slept with my ex.

She claimed at the time that she did it in her sleep but the course that relationship took made me wonder.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

blarzgh posted:

Look, if thats what it takes for him to get his fat rear end off the couch and finish the books, let her take a shot.

He needs the diarrhea descriptions exact.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

chitoryu12 posted:

He needs the diarrhea descriptions exact.

ah, so doing research, then

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

I totally agree that if someone is going through your phone it either means something bad is going down in their head, or something bad is going down in your world and they suspect it, but I guess I never understood why that translated to them doing something "wrong."

fruit on the bottom posted:

It's this.

Reddit has taken it to mean that snooping is always wrong, when the more accurate version would probably be something more like snooping is always the death of the relationship or something.

Yeah, I wonder why its been mistranslated to the former when its clearly just a symptom of the latter.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

it's common knowledge that we are all like 25% culpable for what we do in other people's dreams

a friend of mine regularly gets mad at people for things they do in her dreams. I'm never sure if she's serious or not

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

blarzgh posted:

I totally agree that if someone is going through your phone it either means something bad is going down in their head, or something bad is going down in your world and they suspect it, but I guess I never understood why that translated to them doing something "wrong."

Yeah, I wonder why its been mistranslated to the former when its clearly just a symptom of the latter.

I mean it is sorta wrong to do but it's understandable if you're really suspicious of something. I think reddit's stance in the threads I've seen when it comes up is more that you shouldn't expect/want consistent access to people's private correspondence, like the thread about the pictures being taken you have to scroll down really far to see anyone even talking about snooping and in this case they were in favor or what the OP did. It's kind of overblown and exaggerated itt.

People who want access to your social media/emails/phone are controlling/abusive and that's more the feel of people's comments on it I get which is why for the most part the OP usually clarifies that they did it just this once because they had a really strong (and legitimate sounding) suspicion.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm Using An Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device Against My Neighbors Dogs. My Neighbor Is Mad About It.

quote:

I bought an Anti Bark Device from http://antibarkingdevice.com to shut my neighbors dog up. A mutual friend told him and he wants me to shut it off. His dogs bark and he does not care. I have to work all night and sleep during the day while he is gone. The device works when I use it so I dont want to stop. He says it is bad for his dog. This has been going on for two weeks and he says that he is going to sue me? Can he do that? I am in TEXAS.

"My neighbour's dog keeps barking during the day. I could contact some kind of authority, or I could just obliterate the dog's hearing with a device that sounds to them "like an airliner coming in for a landing" for eight hours a day."

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I'm Using An Ultrasonic Anti Barking Device Against My Neighbors Dogs. My Neighbor Is Mad About It.

"My neighbour's dog keeps barking during the day. I could contact some kind of authority, or I could just obliterate the dog's hearing with a device that sounds to them "like an airliner coming in for a landing" for eight hours a day."

I mean that's p lovely but it's also hard to get your neighbors to take care of their dogs so it's just sort of a garbage situation all around. The people next door to my gf just let their dog into their backyard at like 7 in the morning and he immediately starts barking nonstop for literal hours. One time we couldn't go back to bed, so we just woke up, went for a walk, ran some errands, eventually came back at like 1 in the afternoon and the dog was still just sitting out there barking.

I dunno why some people get dogs if they seem to hate them so much.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Danaru posted:

:murder:

Dogs bark. You should expect, if you live in a neighborhood, to hear the typical sounds of a neighborhood. Barking in the middle of the night or super early, I understand that's an issue. I've worked midnight shifts at the ER myself and I have been in that situation. But this is like complaining because your neighbor is mowing the lawn at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon. And this is so above the line of what is appropriate - its just a step below walking over and hitting the neighbor's dog when it barks.

Just get a loving white noise generator to make the sleeping environment better for you without hurting the animals around you. Jesus.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Kill both of them, set the dog free to live as the noble wolf within

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Dienes posted:

:murder:

Dogs bark. You should expect, if you live in a neighborhood, to hear the typical sounds of a neighborhood. Barking in the middle of the night or super early, I understand that's an issue. I've worked midnight shifts at the ER myself and I have been in that situation. But this is like complaining because your neighbor is mowing the lawn at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon. And this is so above the line of what is appropriate - its just a step below walking over and hitting the neighbor's dog when it barks.

Just get a loving white noise generator to make the sleeping environment better for you without hurting the animals around you. Jesus.

My family has dogs for basically my entire life, multiple big ones, and they've never had issues with excessive barking. It's just really lazy training + throwing your dog in your backyard and forgetting about them all day.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
There's a difference between normal "barking at a squirrel sometimes" and nonstop barking at all times because the dog has a lovely owner that leaves it outside all day. One is considerably more of a problem than the other

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

TheKennedys posted:

There's a difference between normal "barking at a squirrel sometimes" and nonstop barking at all times because the dog has a lovely owner that leaves it outside all day. One is considerably more of a problem than the other
Yeah. It's not the dog's fault and you shouldn't destroy their hearing for it, but it's more along the lines of "rear end in a top hat neighbor blasting music outside at 3am" than "neighbor mowing the lawn at 1pm".

Although if there's no quantifiable abuse involved, there's basically no way to make it stop short of the dogs dying or either party involved moving away, so :shrug:.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

TheKennedys posted:

True. But if he's a sleep-deprived passive-aggressive douchebag neighbor that thinking damaging the dog's hearing is perfectly acceptable, he might also be 'rounding up' the amount of barking that is going on.

An easier solution would be to not be a dick to your neighbor, give them one of those Kong toys you fill with peanut butter, and see if stimulation will keep the barking down.

Or, you know, get a $20 white noise machine that will mask ALL disruptive noise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How soon this thread forgets the solution is to get on a microphone and call out the Dog and let it know that, unless its all bark, youre ready for it with two fists like concrete ready to pulverize it in a no holds match this sunday on pay per view.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

blarzgh posted:

they're reacting to a bunch of nutso stories written by people who were all up in their partners' poo poo like it's 1984 and coming crying to Reddit when having invaded every inch of their SO's personal space they'd finally succeeded at digging up something objectionable; and the Reddit collective is a bunch of bored assholes like us trying to spin every tedious sob story into a Telemundo original with abuse and cheating and amnesiac siblings. Since it comes out to the same thing (it's not abusive in the sense that smashing all their poo poo would be, but you should respect peoples' space, and all snooping really accomplishes is determining which of your faults it is for the relationship turning toxic), who cares

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 17, 2017

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I get that working nights loving blows, I worked early morning shift at one job and late night at another at different points during college, but in my totally anecdotal observation a huge amount of them are total assholes about it. One of my friend's has had the cops called on him for his kids outside playing, in the middle of the day, in summer. The cops told the neighbor they couldn't do anything because they weren't breaking any laws (his kids aren't any louder than any others for that matter), but how much of a loving scrooge do you have to be to make that call in the first place?

Buy some ear plugs and put Enya on repeat or something, loving hell.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

How soon this thread forgets the solution is to get on a microphone and call out the Dog and let it know that, unless its all bark, youre ready for it with two fists like concrete ready to pulverize it in a no holds match this sunday on pay per view.

My god we've been training for this story for months and we dropped the ball.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dog comes across the fence wearing a tiny dog mask and underwear, barking furiously "why wait for Sunday?" As your neighbors go wild.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

My family has dogs for basically my entire life, multiple big ones, and they've never had issues with excessive barking. It's just really lazy training + throwing your dog in your backyard and forgetting about them all day.

It's this, "dogs bark" folks have clearly either never done time in the suburbs where people just neglect their golden retrievers and poo poo until they're neurotic eternally-yelping hellbeasts, or they are those people

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I think I posted about this in another thread, sorry if this is a repeat.

But I had a friend in undergrad whose neighbor would continually send the dog into his yard to poo poo. When he mentioned it, the neighbor said "you can't prove it's my dog".

He also was big into atkins, because hey, 2000s.

So he saved up bacon grease for a few weeks and then went out one night and poured it on all the poops in the yard.

The next day the dog just goes crazy, bounding around, eating up shits like some kind of scat obsessed pac man while the owner is like NOO WHAT ARE YOU DOING STOP IT STOP IT BAD DOG and the dog's just lolling and eating all the poo poo.

apparently this didn't actually make the dog sick, but just really freaked out the owner?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

13Pandora13 posted:

I get that working nights loving blows, I worked early morning shift at one job and late night at another at different points during college, but in my totally anecdotal observation a huge amount of them are total assholes about it. One of my friend's has had the cops called on him for his kids outside playing, in the middle of the day, in summer. The cops told the neighbor they couldn't do anything because they weren't breaking any laws (his kids aren't any louder than any others for that matter), but how much of a loving scrooge do you have to be to make that call in the first place?

Buy some ear plugs and put Enya on repeat or something, loving hell.
As a former night shift worker, either you become one of those magical people who can go right back to sleep after waking up for a while, or you become bitter at the daywalkers. No middle ground.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The two of you are locked in horrible struggle, until, from the very top of the fencepost you and the dog fall grappled together through the hispanic neighbors patio table. Out of breath for a moment the neighborhood watch begin to pull you apart. You yell at the Dog "Ill see you Sunday" as he howls back "I'll see you in hell!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
"One shall stand"

"Arrr, Ruff Ruff Bark!"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
This man/kid keeps flying a drone over my house with eggs attached to it that gets released on my property, I have a specific question regarding something I want to do and need to know the legal aspect to it.

quote:

JUST TO BE CLEAR. I AM NOT ASKING HOW TO BREAK THE LAW. I AM ASKING WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I TAKE DOWN HIS DRONE THAT'S ALL. THANKS A BUCNH.

The police officer told me he can't go and knock on every house in the neighbourhood investigating if they're the ones doing this, which is understandable? I guess? and that I have to know where the drone comes from first for him to do anything.

Honestly at this point I want to buy anything and take the drone out with it when it comes on my property again, if the kid sues for the cost of the drone then I'm willing to pay. This of course will reveal his identity so I can counter sue right? I'm sure he's breaking a lot of laws. Thing is, I want to make sure that he can't sue for any ridiculous "emotional distress" or any other poo poo he might claim but only for the cost of the drone.

Location for the bot: OH

Edit: Follow up question: The drone has a camera, if I end up being on youtube can I sue him for that?

Edit 2: Taking out his drone is not an option now as you pointed out it might be a felony.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I'm pretty sure that the kid has not in fact made some kind of egg bombing system for his drone and is not running daily sorties dropping eggs on this guy's lawn for gently caress's sake

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

This man/kid keeps flying a drone over my house with eggs attached to it that gets released on my property, I have a specific question regarding something I want to do and need to know the legal aspect to it.

This has an update!

quote:

I would like to thank you guys for the help and all the creative ideas you have proposed in the original thread. Sorry for not updating you right away as I was really impacted by the death of a very close person in my family.
So here’s what happened. I liked one of the comments here where it said to see if there is anyone who fly drones as a hobby willing to use his drone for me for a thousand dollar instead of me paying for a whole new drone, figured just like you guys said it would make someone’s day to fly a drone as a hobby and also get paid. So I hired a guy which I'll call him Frank.
After waiting for 3 days at my house every morning the drone finally flew to us but apparently when the other kid saw the other drone take off he went crazy and tried to hit it or take it down, which he did, which resulted in the kid’s drone and frank’s drone both to go down broken on the ground.
A few minutes later this kid came running to the house (whom I recognized lives a couple of blocks away) and started whining about how we flew our drone in his way and crashed it bla bla bla. We went and spoke to his dad and showed him all the footage and explained all the poo poo his son has caused. Shockingly he was completely understanding. He told me he would put me through one of his lawyers so that they would offer both Frank and I a settlement if I agree not to sue. I called my lawyer and we all met a week later and he reimbursed Frank for his drone plus way more money that I would’ve ever paid him. He also wrote me a check for what his son has caused under the condition that I wont pursue any legal action.
It was a happy ending and I was quite shocked of his father’s reaction and his willingness to pay for everything his son has caused, but I must admit that I feel sad knowing that his dad is definitely the one enabling him to do so. Never have I felt his dad was mad about anything his son did. While we were there discussing what happened his dad received a phone call and then shortly after ending it he started telling his son what the other party was saying and they both started making jokes about the caller! So the whole thing made me feel that his dad was like “mehhh just another day, my son caused damage and I’ll just have to pay those people here for this to go all away”.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I don't know, 11 year-olds have a lot of free time and if he doesn't start his YouTube drone pranks channel now then he'll never get that sweet internet money.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

NSFW, Me [F25] confused about best 'friend' [M27]

Long story short, We have been close friends for 4 years. We talk daily and have always had an platonic friendship. Never anything sexual. I have never viewed him as anything else either other than a best friend.

Well this weekend I stayed over at his place and we always sleep together on his bed because its a small little rental he lives in, basically one room and a bathroom. We literally just sleep next to each other and it has never been odd.

Well this time I woke up in the middle of the night him breathing against my neck and clearly jacking off beside me while touching my upper thigh. I froze because I didnt know how to react. So I pretended to sleep and allowed him to finish. It was so awkward for me.

Now it has been weird because I feel kind of silly being normal again around him when he did what he did. He hasnt said a word about it though. I dont know how to approach the issue.

tl;dr: Best friend jacked off beside me thinking I was sleeping, but I wasnt. Now I feel weird and dont know if I should ask about it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

a friend of mine regularly gets mad at people for things they do in her dreams. I'm never sure if she's serious or not

Does it go both ways? Like, if you plowed her real good in a dream would she treat you nicer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Smirking_Serpent posted:

NSFW, Me [F25] confused about best 'friend' [M27]

Long story short, We have been close friends for 4 years. We talk daily and have always had an platonic friendship. Never anything sexual. I have never viewed him as anything else either other than a best friend.

Well this weekend I stayed over at his place and we always sleep together on his bed because its a small little rental he lives in, basically one room and a bathroom. We literally just sleep next to each other and it has never been odd.

Well this time I woke up in the middle of the night him breathing against my neck and clearly jacking off beside me while touching my upper thigh. I froze because I didnt know how to react. So I pretended to sleep and allowed him to finish. It was so awkward for me.

Now it has been weird because I feel kind of silly being normal again around him when he did what he did. He hasnt said a word about it though. I dont know how to approach the issue.

tl;dr: Best friend jacked off beside me thinking I was sleeping, but I wasnt. Now I feel weird and dont know if I should ask about it.

Bring your crystals next time, obviously.