Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

:siren:Reminder that if you want to claim the rewards on your seasonal character, you can't do the challenge rift until after the season begins.:siren:

Oooo how big a gift will the crafting mats be when creating weapons during the 1-70 grind, and rerolling for reduced level req

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Bell monk and Witch Doctor are good options, too

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
How are the blood / bone spear builds? I got the pet-sets done on non-seasonal and it's OK. I hate resummoning mages every few seconds. I was happier with it until I tried my thornsader again and then I remembered that thornsader was way more fun.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Oooo how big a gift will the crafting mats be when creating weapons during the 1-70 grind, and rerolling for reduced level req

We don't know yet if it will require level 70 and a solo GR like it does now. If it is unlocked account-wide, then we could be looking at a huge boost at level 1 and being able to gamble for items as you level and unlock the minimum levels for it. If not, even a fresh 70 with a quick solo GR for a gem (or your solo GR20), the 300 shards, 4 million gold, and 8 bounty mats will be real nice for cubing stuff you found from 1-70 before you even do a bounty run to make it smoother.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I am having a rough time doing the Numlock trick, even did step by step from Youtube tutorials. :( Anything I am missing?

Trying out this build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92482-one-shot-spear-txiii-pestilence-build

So far its nice and all but it sucks on bosses.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

succ posted:

what do you all recommend for a chill class that can do rifts easily while watching TV? thinking barb or dh.

Helltooth witch doctor

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

Helltooth witch doctor

Helltooth chicken is hilariously fun.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I am having a rough time doing the Numlock trick, even did step by step from Youtube tutorials. :( Anything I am missing?

Have you bound force move to the mouse wheel? Numlock won't autofire if you're holding a key or mouse button down.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Suspicious posted:

Have you bound force move to the mouse wheel? Numlock won't autofire if you're holding a key or mouse button down.

That worked! Thanks!

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Does corpse lance proc Bane of the stricken? I am having a hard time for some reason getting an answer

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MikeC posted:

Does corpse lance proc Bane of the stricken? I am having a hard time for some reason getting an answer

Yes. It may actually turn out to be the best stricken stacking skill in the game based on how attack speed works with it, causing it to consume more corpses instead of perform the animation faster. Since you can't keep it up forever though, Attacks + Boneringer + Skeletons + non-AoE boss ends up surpassing it on longer RG fights.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Saw on the blizzard forum that they broke some stuff in the patch today like displaying bone armor stacks above 1. Gonna go out on a limb and say that there won't be a real patch update for S11. :v:

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yes. It may actually turn out to be the best stricken stacking skill in the game based on how attack speed works with it, causing it to consume more corpses instead of perform the animation faster. Since you can't keep it up forever though, Attacks + Boneringer + Skeletons + non-AoE boss ends up surpassing it on longer RG fights.

Ah I see, I was thinking of using the devour corpse aura and land of the dead to fling out a ton of stricken stacks early on and maybe comboing it with very high attack speed and oculus ring with CDR to bring Land of the Dead downtime to a manageable number.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

veedubfreak posted:

Helltooth chicken is hilariously fun.

Someone got a chicken build they can link?

mewse
May 2, 2006

What are the chances of a necro exploit erasing the S11 leaderboards in a couple weeks

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Larrymer posted:

Saw on the blizzard forum that they broke some stuff in the patch today like displaying bone armor stacks above 1.
Pretty much all skills that display stacks seem to be affected.

Look on the bright side, though: updated necro portraits! Quieter golem corpse farting when using Moribund Gauntlets! Rift progress orbs spawning closer to slain elites! It's not all bad! :v:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Rift progress orbs spawning closer to slain elites!

Well thats a plus at least. Seen the drat things get thrown off the screen on some of the more crowded maps.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I went from cleaning a Rift in 20 mins on Hard to cleaning a Rift in 8 minutes on Master because I looted a Crusader Shield that casts Fires of Heaven back to the attacker whenever I block. Totally game-breaking and I love it. (This is my first D3 character and I'm a complete noob).

Also I have crafted a 3 items armor set. What should my farming routine be now? For now I've been farming (Greater) Rifts and do bounties only when I needed the crafting mats. Is there something else I should aim for, or keep farming until my eyes bleed and want to shoot myself?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

good day for a bris posted:

Seconding this. Been after good (up to date) speedfarm builds since this weekend.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

That looks great, thanks!

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

Furism posted:

I went from cleaning a Rift in 20 mins on Hard to cleaning a Rift in 8 minutes on Master because I looted a Crusader Shield that casts Fires of Heaven back to the attacker whenever I block. Totally game-breaking and I love it. (This is my first D3 character and I'm a complete noob).

Also I have crafted a 3 items armor set. What should my farming routine be now? For now I've been farming (Greater) Rifts and do bounties only when I needed the crafting mats. Is there something else I should aim for, or keep farming until my eyes bleed and want to shoot myself?
Ask someone to take you for a ride in the LLJK chat, shouldn't be too hard to find a goon to blaze through some TXIII rifts for your. Really you should just need a smattering of random legendaries to get to torment level nephalem rifts, then get some set pieces and your damage will take off. Copying a build off icy veins or diablofans will give you an idea of what items work with which and what skills to go for.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Furism posted:

In three days everybody is going to be on the seasonal ladder starting from scratch and games will be plentiful, so don't sweat the NS stuff too much now!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

MikeC posted:

Ah I see, I was thinking of using the devour corpse aura and land of the dead to fling out a ton of stricken stacks early on and maybe comboing it with very high attack speed and oculus ring with CDR to bring Land of the Dead downtime to a manageable number.

Use another devour rune on autocast with the numlock trick; you get a larger range on devour and a secondary benefit, like more health or healing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You don't even really need to numlock Devour, regular old hotbar spam will get the job done.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91460-helltooth-chicken-speed-farming-build-patch-2-6

Think this will be my first build as we need to have 3 different classes for the conquest. (right?). This will enable farming for the other classes.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

euphronius posted:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91460-helltooth-chicken-speed-farming-build-patch-2-6

Think this will be my first build as we need to have 3 different classes for the conquest. (right?). This will enable farming for the other classes.

Only one conquest will need more than one class, which is the set dungeon mastery one; you'll only need two classes for that one. I wouldn't even bother with it unless you just enjoy doing set dungeons as the others are far easier and won't need you to collect 8 full sets + supporting items.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh right you only have to do at most 3 for guardian.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

euphronius posted:

Oh right you only have to do at most 3 for guardian.

Correct. Avarice, T10 in 2 minutes, and GR75 shouldn't be too challenging once you've got your set and a few supporting items, like Avarice Band/Boon (Avarice), In-Geom/Nemesis (T10 in 2 minutes), and set-supporting items to make the GR70-75 smoothly..

nerox
May 20, 2001

xarg posted:

Ask someone to take you for a ride in the LLJK chat, shouldn't be too hard to find a goon to blaze through some TXIII rifts for your. Really you should just need a smattering of random legendaries to get to torment level nephalem rifts, then get some set pieces and your damage will take off. Copying a build off icy veins or diablofans will give you an idea of what items work with which and what skills to go for.

If you are having fun doing what you are doing, absolutely do not do this. I wish I could go back to when the world of Diablo 3 was full of wonder and discovery. Getting rushed to gear is going to destroy that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

nerox posted:

If you are having fun doing what you are doing, absolutely do not do this. I wish I could go back to when the world of Diablo 3 was full of wonder and discovery. Getting rushed to gear is going to destroy that.

Then play seasons.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

nerox posted:

I agree. It's a fun road that should be enjoyed the first time.

exquisite tea posted:

Then play seasons.

Seasons are only halfway like this since the gift sets you get give a quick and massive boost. Still, it's great fun to start from scratch.

nerox
May 20, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Then play seasons.

I do play seasons, but a new season doesn't really restore the discovery part of the game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

IMHO that ship has sailed for most by now since Diablo 3 is five years old at this point and the people who still play it regularly know how to efficiently get to max level, and playing with people is more fun than slowboating it all alone sooooo

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

exquisite tea posted:

IMHO that ship has sailed for most by now since Diablo 3 is five years old at this point and the people who still play it regularly know how to efficiently get to max level, and playing with people is more fun than slowboating it all alone sooooo

Agree. It's not like the story changes or anything else really. I do have friends who are doing the campaign, but really it's a loot game, might as well get there quickly :).

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

good day for a bris posted:

Basically it's just standard helltooth gargs but you switch out weapon/offhand for MamaJune dagger/chicken and switch whatever skill you use least to hex with chicken rune. Then you just haul rear end.

Diablofans is being difficult and won't search for some reason, so I can't find the build I used.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92735-gargantuan-with-helltooth-speed-farming

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 18, 2017

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

nerox posted:

I do play seasons, but a new season doesn't really restore the discovery part of the game.

There is enough classes and builds in the game with different playstyles to warrant him to go straight to farming the top builds I think. Even if he has no intentions pushing leaderboards and stuff like me, its a heck of a lot better than slogging through the T1-T13 at a slow pace.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MikeC posted:

There is enough classes and builds in the game with different playstyles to warrant him to go straight to farming the top builds I think. Even if he has no intentions pushing leaderboards and stuff like me, its a heck of a lot better than slogging through the T1-T13 at a slow pace.

Unless you bot or stop leaving the house, leaderboards just aren't an option for most people.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Maybe topping leaderboards but just getting into the bottom half is doable even casually, but you'll have to play to that goal with your play time.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Does the crusader's own meteors from his bombardment hurt him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

veedubfreak posted:

Unless you bot or stop leaving the house, leaderboards just aren't an option for most people.

That's very much not true. Look at the necro leaderboards or any leaderboard under top 20. It's usually all people with sets that are all very viable, i.e. missing ancient pieces, missing augments, missing specific rolls.

It would not surprise me if there were only like three thousand people playing this game in the entire world. This is not a hugely popular game.