Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Shine resigned or got kicked off mod team during some Lowtax forums drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Wasn't Shine universally liked? What happened.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Wasn't Shine universally liked? What happened.

Same. We butted heads a few times but the moderation was pretty spot-on compared to other subs. I guess I just took for granted that Shine would be in YLLS forever.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'd be shocked if Shine was kicked out unless there was some major internal drama and some other bigwig mods made demands and were catered to.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

purple death ray posted:

Dan Drieberg I think
You may have misspelled Dreiberg but this post is still :perfect:

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Inescapable Duck posted:

One of these days I'm going to show up to a LARP as a filthy peasant with a pitchfork.

Same but a steampunk convention as a dock worker.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

pentyne posted:

I'd be shocked if Shine was kicked out unless there was some major internal drama and some other bigwig mods made demands and were catered to.

He was one of the mods fired when after the last Lowtax drama, when LadyAmbien decided to post a big passive aggressive sticky thread about the mods being too liberal and a bunch of the mods told her to gently caress off.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fool_of_sound posted:

He was one of the mods fired when after the last Lowtax drama, when LadyAmbien decided to post a big passive aggressive sticky thread about the mods being too liberal and a bunch of the mods told her to gently caress off.

>_<

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I hope he at least got a nice severance package after they fired him

oldpainless has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Jul 17, 2017

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fool_of_sound posted:

lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

fool_of_sound posted:

I still think it's funny as hell that mods, or anyone, think talking poo poo about the site owners wife is a good idea.

Not taking sides on if they were wrong or not, just commenting on the tactics used.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

fool_of_sound posted:

like liberal as in politically or liberal as in too lax on enforcing forum stuff?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

LA said that the mods of d&d were very quick to probate and/or run out posters who had different opinions than themselves, which she said tended to run liberal politically

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

I still think it's funny as hell that mods, or anyone, think talking poo poo about the site owners wife is a good idea.

Not taking sides on if they were wrong or not, just commenting on the tactics used.

I'm pretty sure the poo poo talking people were banned

Calling lowtax and his wife out for being weirdos during that time period was pretty justified and made more so by the weird Brownshirt poster idiots who went around the forums trying to get unloyal posters banned. There's a huge part of that saga that took place in this thread like a gross series of tree rings

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Aesop Poprock posted:

You've got stronger nerves than me if you're able to get through 10 seconds of that video before the guy who's filming it distracts all of your attention away from it with his heavy labored breathing

it's the only clip I could find :shrug:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

oldpainless posted:

LA said that the mods of d&d were very quick to probate and/or run out posters who had different opinions than themselves, which she said tended to run liberal politically
like liberal as in classically or liberal as in too permissive socially?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

RFC2324 posted:

I think it's funny as hell that Lowtax half assedly attempts to direct this monstrosity of a dying comedy forum once every few months and always, always, always manages to gently caress it up because he refuses to follow through.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

like liberal as in classically or liberal as in too permissive socially?

Not a conservative republican type of liberal

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

VanSandman posted:

I think it's funny as hell that Lowtax half assedly attempts to direct this monstrosity of a dying comedy forum once every few months and always, always, always manages to gently caress it up because he refuses to follow through.

Pretty much. He might be able to get the forums to be dying less slowly if he stuck around but he seems to stay just long enough to get the mods and admins to pay lip service to what he wants.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

My general take on the whole saga was that literally everyone involved was dumb as gently caress.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

fool_of_sound posted:

My general take on the whole saga was that literally everyone involved was dumb as gently caress.

In the grand scheme of things everyone wasting time on this website is a retard

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Where is the funny good posting these days? I think I've given up on gbs. Maybe I have to find a niche subforum after all these years.

It makes sense for Lowtax to be quiet now, he is busy drawing thousands of spaceships.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

In the grand scheme of things everyone wasting time on this website is a retard

:agreed:

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, I'm morbidly curious to see how many horrified reactions there are itt, and how many fappers there are. Because this is Goons we're talking about, you know there'll be both.

There were no serial killer or pedophile videos discovered by youtube trawling. Goons stumbled across 0 bizarre clues to horrific, sensational crimes. Feel free to prove my wild guess wrong. Jesus, people, as if anything that interesting happens anymore!

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Peanut Butler posted:

I had some fun with W-Hat; I remember a time when someone built a hideously tacky white-and-pink love motel/ridiculous fake world dating service building, right up against Baku, so we spent a day making parodies of it across the street

The got mad and called in the Lindens who were split between "that sucks but its their land" and "lol that's awesome and its their land"

I was lazy and made a tiny masturbation shack in the same style and for a couple hours we were all gliding around doing wanking animations, good times

I remember building out the factory near the river with pipes and used a cartoonish effect to simulate the factory was just vomiting out a ton of chemicals into the river with floating dead fish spawning from the bottom.

Mainly did it because someone made sure to keep a flow of radioactive barrels floating past that land.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Unban Hogge Wild imvho

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

du -hast posted:

Unban Hogge Wild imvho

He's kind of an enemy of mine but he can be funny and probably doesn't deserve to be banned

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

pentyne posted:

Shine won an Oscar.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shine stepped down voluntarily. He also chose to go from admin back to moderator previously, because we had an admin shortage and it got pretty overwhelming (IIRC, Shine can tell me if I'm misremembering). That was when Smythe, NYC_Tattoo, ExMarx, and I got made admins.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

Where is the funny good posting these days? I think I've given up on gbs. Maybe I have to find a niche subforum after all these years.

It makes sense for Lowtax to be quiet now, he is busy drawing thousands of spaceships.

BYOB

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
SRzsrsrz:EAddztztzzttrt

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AtomD posted:

SRzsrsrz:EAddztztzzttrt

Yep

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Shine stepped down voluntarily. He also chose to go from admin back to moderator previously, because we had an admin shortage and it got pretty overwhelming (IIRC, Shine can tell me if I'm misremembering). That was when Smythe, NYC_Tattoo, ExMarx, and I got made admins.

I kind of figured that guy had a life to live that didn't involve wanting to look at reports of people failing a toxx in the fitness log cabin or w/e

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

There's been some fun GBS photoshop threads again.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EVIL Gibson posted:

I remember building out the factory near the river with pipes and used a cartoonish effect to simulate the factory was just vomiting out a ton of chemicals into the river with floating dead fish spawning from the bottom.

Mainly did it because someone made sure to keep a flow of radioactive barrels floating past that land.

Do you guys know where any of the old w-hat videos are or if they still exist? Like stuff with plastic duck etc. I wanna see that video with Andrew w k party til you puke playing in the background

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm not the one to give the history cause I wasn't a part of it but w-hat was a pretty good saga in and of itself. They would take advantage of any flaw in Second Life to utterly wreck the game in funny ways which admittedly wasn't hard because people take that poo poo really seriously. After they'd have their fun crashing the server with self spawning Mario sprites or w/e they'd explain to the SL team how they did it and how to prevent it so Second Life kind of bregrudgingly let them do their thing most of the time

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
W-Hat was always a bit too stared-into-the-abyss for me. I'd do stuff with them and give them stuff to help them do ridiculous bullshit but I didn't really want to be associated with them too much. I was never quite sure if the leader who wore a tiny girl in a sailor moon looking outfit avatar all the time had accidentally slipped out of ironic and into.. whatever the opposite of ironic is.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
That's called sincerity

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's actually what happened with that Seattle artist who made all those Hitler teapots and poo poo. It was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The world would be a better place if people dropped the pretense of irony and just let ourselves like the things we like