Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Shere posted:

Not to be a wet blanket but shake it off is still a really awful skill.

I'm glad they got rid of my main complaint with the gauge loss on swap, though.

They said they're going to change it in 4.1 or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

UHD posted:

ahahahahahaha balance got nerfed hard

at least spears might get actual use now

loving the exact change I've been calling for on spear. Finally not useless.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Those MCH changes feel enormously disappointing to me after what was said in the Live Letter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sorta shocked that drk still has a completely worthless button

everything else seems sick

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

An issue when using the fisher actions Patience and Patience II wherein the fisher actions Precision Hookset and Powerful Hookset did not properly apply their effects when fishing for the following fish:
Seraphim

I was wondering why that fish was so much loving worse than Ala Mhigan Ribbons in every conceivable way

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Was "two or more of the same job are not permitted" in the reqs for the Savage raids always a thing?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

An issue when fishing wherein the incorrect line tug animation was triggered when a fish was on the line. The following fish were affected:
Tao Bitterling
Ala Mhigan Ribbon

I'm so glad this was a bug and not an intentional design choice

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hah! We can "Empty road" and "undraw spread."

Hell yes. This is a good patch.

Also that housing elephant is 100% from Lost Canals.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006

Shere posted:

Not to be a wet blanket but shake it off is still a really awful skill.

I'm glad they got rid of my main complaint with the gauge loss on swap, though.

Didn't they say they were doing something with Shake It Off?

edit:

vOv posted:

They said they're going to change it in 4.1 or something like that.

Ah cool!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

An issue in the Lost Canals of Uznair wherein the sound effects for selecting the wrong door are played even when selecting the correct door under certain conditions.

Don't fix this bug please

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Midnightghoul posted:

Those MCH changes feel enormously disappointing to me after what was said in the Live Letter

Yeah that's the one thing that I feel the most eh about but I don't actually have mine to 70 yet so I don't know how the heat stuff affects things.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
plenary is gonna be REALLY good for burst healing now holy gently caress

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Fire IV and Blizzard IV not having the same on-paper MP cost is breaking my heart, although I understand why they did it. Now you won't have to wait for a mana tick between B4 and F3 to make sure that your opener gets a full eight casts of Fire IV.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I think I'm gonna run out of keybinds for Astro. Just give me back buffs I can right click off, ughhhhhhhhh

On the other hand I might be able to just play Scholar and forget they ever existed.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Countblanc posted:

sorta shocked that drk still has a completely worthless button

everything else seems sick

Depending on how much MP Quietus gives these changes are either great or really great so I'll deal.

They have to make Dark Passenger not a literal complete waste of time eventually right? :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

vOv posted:

Yeah that's the one thing that I feel the most eh about but I don't actually have mine to 70 yet so I don't know how the heat stuff affects things.

The heat changes are pretty much a nothingburger in my eyes--less using Cooldown, which is better than unprocced shots but worse than procced shots on average, so it's sort of a wash???

What the changes amount to are-

- 3% more damage overall, not counting Wildfire
- Being able to overheat for every single Wildfire after the first due to the Barrel Stabilizer change
- Assuming you don't lose any Hypercharge time, Turret Overload is now exactly equal in potency to just leaving the drat thing up for the 30 seconds of enforced downtime. That doesn't take into account Wildfire of course, or boss phases or whatever else. Worth using on every Wildfire you can (120s cd, right?)

Not that I'm a savage raider or anything but I hope these amount to enough :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

plenary is gonna be REALLY good for burst healing now holy gently caress

I guess you could Medica 2, Swiftcast Medica/C3, Plenary Indulgence or something? I can't really envision usefully getting to 3 stacks I guess

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

That summoner change is nice but not even close to enough

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just delete Plenary Indulgence holy poo poo

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Why? It looks awesome now.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

:thunk:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Ciaphas posted:

I guess you could Medica 2, Swiftcast Medica/C3, Plenary Indulgence or something? I can't really envision usefully getting to 3 stacks I guess

I assume the timer on the stack refreshes whenever another stack is added, so you don't have to pack every AoE into the same 10s window to get the full effect.

Incidentally I am REALLY happy that Cure 1 now also adds a guaranteed lily, that's exactly the change I wanted. They should still make the level 68 trait better though.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

god

dammit

I don't need more cute glams that look good on dragongirls or similarly-sized people

yoshi why do you do this to me

i had just found peace and contentment

why

(I am very happy with those SCH changes though, and think that the healers are a lot closer in utility and power now. I still think they need to look at the cost of Adlo, but at least there's an argument for each healer now.)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ferrinus posted:

I assume the timer on the stack refreshes whenever another stack is added, so you don't have to pack every AoE into the same 10s window to get the full effect.

Incidentally I am REALLY happy that Cure 1 now also adds a guaranteed lily, that's exactly the change I wanted. They should still make the level 68 trait better though.

I guess. I'm not au fait with healing at 70 but nothing I've seen seems like it required that kind of spaced out aoe healing. Shrug!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

healer balance is insanely tight to the point where which healers you take comes down to player preference or maybe leaning towards extra healing reliability (sch/whm or ast/whm) or extra dps (sch/ast), which is great and perfect. Good changes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In other news, instances are coming back to SB areas. Hunters rejoiced, Ixion farmers grumbled this will do gently caress all to stop instances from crashing, and FATEs are more abandoned than ever :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
*sees a free medica for whm, except better, for free, once a minute, without having to cast, and without expending resources*

actually, this spell is bad because--

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SpaceDrake posted:

god

dammit

I don't need more cute glams that look good on dragongirls or similarly-sized people

yoshi why do you do this to me

i had just found peace and contentment

why

(I am very happy with those SCH changes though, and think that the healers are a lot closer in utility and power now. I still think they need to look at the cost of Adlo, but at least there's an argument for each healer now.)

I have it on reasonably-good authority that fantasy vietnamese ao dai look good on tall people too. See: My 5'8" cousin getting married to his 6'+ wife. He had a footstool stashed under the altar's cloth because he's a joker like that.

(It ain't his money, so it's either his dick or his personality. Maybe both.)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

I guess. I'm not au fait with healing at 70 but nothing I've seen seems like it required that kind of spaced out aoe healing. Shrug!

j wave

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I don't even heal and I can tell new PI is good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Why? It looks awesome now.

The abilities that give you the stacks are just better than it. It has no real niche. If Med 2 ticks give the stack, it might be alright but AoE damage isn't so dangerous that a Cure III and 1 stack PI is going to save anything. The 60s cooldown ain't so useful either. It's basically just Assize but not as good but even more so than it was before.

At least they've addressed the Healer role action situation

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

REALLY WISH I WAS PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT NOW.

Wanna be fightin in them lost canals.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Huh, you can't double stack classes in savage... rip Party finder

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

quote:

Genji Coffers

Upon completing Deltascape V4.0 (Savage), a treasure coffer will appear containing a Genji Coffer. Using this item transforms it into a weapon corresponding to the user's current job.

? So you get a 4.0 weapon for your job when you kill it for the first time? Or is this a glamour thing?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Unfamiliar! I'll take your word for it though.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Well my little FC on tonberry only has two Paladins geared for savage so that makes tonight awkward

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

? So you get a 4.0 weapon for your job when you kill it for the first time? Or is this a glamour thing?

Instead of dropping a random weapon your group may or may not be able to use, it drops a chest that anyone can open to get a weapon for whatever class they want. It'll be the same ilvl as the rest of the genji gear.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The abilities that give you the stacks are just better than it. It has no real niche. If Med 2 ticks give the stack, it might be alright but AoE damage isn't so dangerous that a Cure III and 1 stack PI is going to save anything. The 60s cooldown ain't so useful either. It's basically just Assize but not as good but even more so than it was before.

It's free healing, Jim.

Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
It's free heal estate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I am gonna be salty AF if this doesn't have a men's version. :argh: