Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The abilities that give you the stacks are just better than it. It has no real niche. If Med 2 ticks give the stack, it might be alright but AoE damage isn't so dangerous that a Cure III and 1 stack PI is going to save anything. The 60s cooldown ain't so useful either. It's basically just Assize but not as good but even more so than it was before.

At least they've addressed the Healer role action situation

you are just wrong thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The weekly reset is at 1:00 PST, right? So there's a 0% chance of servers going up before then

Though it's fairly uncommon for them to put the serves up early on content patches anyways

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

The abilities that give you the stacks are just better than it. It has no real niche. If Med 2 ticks give the stack, it might be alright but AoE damage isn't so dangerous that a Cure III and 1 stack PI is going to save anything. The 60s cooldown ain't so useful either. It's basically just Assize but not as good but even more so than it was before.

It's an instant, free aoe heal on top of any aoe heal. Bosses do back to back aoe damage like all the loving time. It's very obviously good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It's free healing, it's instant, it's ogcd, it's free. Well you gotta cast Medica but the healing is free!

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
What's the logic behind not allowing 2 of a class in Savage?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

Probably just insurance on them still not having class balance right

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SonicRulez posted:

Not needing to balance stuff like dual-astro or 3 samurai or whatever comp might work really well.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

really opens my forbidden chakras

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wonder why they didn't tweak crafter/gatherer yellow scrips at all. Gatherer scrips remain ridiculously easy (to the point you can pull in 1000-1200 scrips an hour) and crafter scrips remain insanely tedious/ridiculously expensive.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I am gonna be salty AF if this doesn't have a men's version. :argh:

ao dai are traditionally unisex, so, chances are....good? But not great.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder why they didn't tweak crafter/gatherer yellow scrips at all. Gatherer scrips remain ridiculously easy (to the point you can pull in 1000-1200 scrips an hour) and crafter scrips remain insanely tedious/ridiculously expensive.

I agree they should have tweaked scrips

By making it easier to get scrips while fishing so I too can rake in 1k+ per hour

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

MCH is still gonna be dead last, huh :smith:

Midnightghoul posted:

Those MCH changes feel enormously disappointing to me after what was said in the Live Letter
Yeeeah pretty much. The heat management will be nicer I guess, but they did almost nothing to solve the potency issues and most of the annoyances of the class remain intact. Literally nobody's gonna be playing the class, are they?

Ah well I got BRD to 70 and I'm busy leveling RDM. Maybe MCH will be okay by 4.5 or something. :toot:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Unfamiliar! I'll take your word for it though.

at the end of a8s, when brute justice keels over and comes back with flaming wings, the last half of his second life bar is just a mad rush to put him down as he spams an aoe nuke every 5 seconds, that inflicts vulnerability up each time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No need to apologise when I am right, like usual. I am gracious like that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah I bought deltascape helm and boots for MCH but unless that Hot Shot buff adds up to a lot more than I think it will, I'm gonna abandon ship for NIN, which I'm having a lot of fun leveling, even with all the problems inherent to being melee.

RIP gunmage, probably, I guess? :(

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

No need to apologise when I am right, like usual.

lmao what a nerd

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
NAMAZU PET

NAMAZU PET

NAMAZU PET

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Agraya posted:

It's free heal estate.

Jim COME GET YOUR drat HEAL

THE HEAL IS FREE

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

The mount is probably from savage?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'd like to formally request on behalf of MNKs everywhere that every party comp be SCH/AST/DRG/MNK/BRD/who cares

Just give me all the crit chance increases. Just stick them right in my loving veins. I need the chakras. I need theeeem.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

isk posted:

NAMAZU PET

NAMAZU PET

NAMAZU PET

Lost Canals!

Lost Canals!

Lost Canals!

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah I bought deltascape helm and boots for MCH but unless that Hot Shot buff adds up to a lot more than I think it will, I'm gonna abandon ship for NIN, which I'm having a lot of fun leveling, even with all the problems inherent to being melee.

RIP gunmage, probably, I guess? :(

The heat reduction on everything is a nerf to dps. Cooldown was the strongest skill we had without ammo loaded.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

ALL OF THESE CHANGES ARE BEAUTIFUL

AGREEEEEDDDDD

I am SO excited to play Warrior in Deltascape Savage tomorrow, though I really don't know what's going to be possible in this brave new world of Inner Release being free. 7 Fell Cleaves in a Berserk+IR combo? I feel like Upheaval might drop out of the Berserk+IR combo if 7 FC is doable.

Also being able to stand in tank stance while I build gauge, swap to DPS stance to pop Berserk and IR and go apeshit on something, then swap back into tank stance without losing an infinite pile of gauge is going to feel so good. Like honestly I feel like losing Bloodbath might be for the greater good or Berserk+IR+Bloodbath would just get completely stupid.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mordiceius posted:

Lost Canals!

Lost Canals!

Lost Canals!

The mats for the new glamour are gonna come from canals exclusively, aren't they :(

That's going to be so drat expensive.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Asimo posted:

Yeeeah pretty much. The heat management will be nicer I guess, but they did almost nothing to solve the potency issues and most of the annoyances of the class remain intact. Literally nobody's gonna be playing the class, are they?

Ah well I got BRD to 70 and I'm busy leveling RDM. Maybe MCH will be okay by 4.5 or something. :toot:

I really really really like the overheat mechanic, and MCH is way more fun to play than it used to be, but it's really hard to argue against constant 2% crit from bard. I'm still not very sure why they thought it was a good thing they could balance around.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

The mats for the new glamour are gonna come from canals exclusively, aren't they :(

:getin:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

brand engager posted:

The heat reduction on everything is a nerf to dps. Cooldown was the strongest skill we had without ammo loaded.

That's why I was immediately disappointed by this. It's going to make MCH a lot more boring in addition to lowering non-overheated DPS

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Man these MCH changes are much milder than I hoped and might even be a small nerf. Sucks too because I just got the Susano gun. :( Guess I might have to work on a different alt class.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

my body is prepared for the 60+ maps my friends and I have been stockpiling

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

That's why I was immediately disappointed by this. It's going to make MCH a lot more boring in addition to lowering non-overheated DPS

Yeah, I didn't realize until now that heated Cooldown is just plain better than our normal shots without ammo, at current 50% proc rates. So less Cooldowns, less DPS. Probably a wash with the increased Hot Shot buff etc.

Guess they think MCH numbers are in a good place compared to BRD which has better numbers and party buffs?????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

it turns out it's me, i'm the one overanalyzing :v:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Ciaphas posted:

I guess. I'm not au fait with healing at 70 but nothing I've seen seems like it required that kind of spaced out aoe healing. Shrug!

it's not required by any means but when the other healer in susex is huffing paint instead of healing during ukehi waves it means i can now puke out enough numbers to solo heal through it even easier when people don't collapse intelligently for cure 3 which is extremely loving cool imho

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
WHERE ARE MY MONK BUFFS

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

WHERE ARE MY MONK BUFFS

we don't need buffs, we just need tornado kick to be replaced with something we can actually use and for tackle mastery to be taken out back and shot and replaced with something actually interesting. ...Ok so I guess we do need buffs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does someone who knows more about tanks than me want to give me the breakdown on DRK? the ones I'm talking to are pretty adamant that they'll be doing worse damage than paladins and warriors with worse mitigation post-patch, but i don't know what the current numbers look like

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Those are design issues that oughta be fixed, but Monk doesn't really need to be any stronger.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
ALTE ROITE MOUNT

NAMAZU MINION

DRG POTEncy buffs actually I would have preferred eyes persisting but I'm not gonna complain about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ignimbrite posted:

ALTE ROITE MOUNT

NAMAZU MINION

DRG POTEncy buffs actually I would have preferred eyes persisting but I'm not gonna complain about that

An extra five seconds on BotD and the shame option of sonic thrust as a two-gcd BotD extender will probably be enough for most fights