Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
There are fuckin 8 people at the meeting now. That's 8 people who can find a reason to give up more information on you.

Donnie can't event conspiracy right. Putin is reading this poo poo and looking at his polonium collection with a heavy sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

this person has had sex.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Binary Badger posted:

Pretty sure I remember being up in the wee hours one night and watching some documentary about Earth ending disasters; in this episode of the documentary they go into what would happen if a black hole somehow passed by Earth; it would spaghettify the planet, but first the atmosphere and oceans would be drawn into space.

They actually showed submarines and their crews floating in space that were displaced along with the oceans, and said they would be the last fragments of humanity to survive, and either they'd eventually be drawn into the black hole or float forever in space with long-dead crews and really bad air.

Trump's toupee might also be floating around somewhere as the black hole would refuse to swallow it.

there's a p dece book about this called death from the skies

each chapter begins with a description of what that particular astronomical disaster would look like

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure this republican marine FBI guy is going to be a fair arbiter of justice on this delicate political matter

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

ok i did a lot of studying over the weekend and I decided that Title Tk is an incredible towering achievement of an album

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

apollo 13 would have just crashed instead of being a blockbuster movie had it been unmanned because remote control ai thingie aint got no hands to jury rig a fix

wasn't the thing that broke on Apollo 13 part of the life support system?

Either way, the entire point of Apollo 13 was to put people on the moon. It had to have people on it. A space military is just going to be for destroying satellites or dropping poo poo onto earth. You just need a space gun and a computer and some solar panels and thrusters or whatever.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

zegermans posted:

this person has had sex.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

zegermans posted:

this person has had sex.

i question the veracity of this statement

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

peak Cillizza is the feet tweet

sweet

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pretty sure he's loving his sister

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

ok but is facesitting sex?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That's his sister

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

I didn't need confirmation he was a loving moron but here it is anyway

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Here it is everyone, the Trump Thread Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t33UvkkcxY

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zegermans posted:

this person has had sex.

The fakest of news

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FAUXTON posted:

That's his sister

well then he's lucky that he didn't get those chin genes yowza

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

this person has had sex.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

This is just a Snapchat face swap of Harlan in a wig.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol she's still angry
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/887340235528523776

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
no press briefing today because spicey refuses to come out of the bathroom stall

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

logikv9 posted:

The fakest of news

Didn't someone say he's known for cheating on his girlfriend, so apparently multiple people want to have sex with whatever Harlan Hill is? what a world~!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Ann Coulter getting owned by Delta was a surprising bright spot to the last couple of weeks

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ann Coulter is right, the victimhood culture is killing America

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

does grrm where suspenders because he is too fat for a belt, because he loves a good wedgie or because it protects his nipples from purple nurples?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this all stems from her being told to move a few seats over, right? that's it?

seems kind of :sad:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Only the best sources

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nichael posted:

Didn't someone say he's known for cheating on his girlfriend, so apparently multiple people want to have sex with whatever Harlan Hill is? what a world~!

money works

Which makes Harlan hill better at being a human being than notch

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
videogames make you an incel

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

She really should just cut the poo poo and scream "pay attention to me" we know what this is

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

no press briefing today because spicey refuses to come out of the bathroom stall

What happened to She-Huck?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

this all stems from her being told to move a few seats over, right? that's it?

seems kind of :sad:

Yes. Same row, just a window seat instead of aisle :lol:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

why does he always look like he's passing gas

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

Chris Cillizza's AMA is not going quite as planned....

https://twitter.com/max_read/status/887335979052412928

quote:

Hi Chris, I'm curious as to whether or not you feel your approach to journalism can in any way be damaging to the public dialogue. In particular this statement ->

quote:

My job is to assess not the rightness of each argument but to deal in the real world of campaign politics in which perception often (if not always) trumps reality. I deal in the world as voters believe it is, not as I (or anyone else) thinks it should be.
Seems to entertain the idea that truth is ultimately unimportant in the face of perception. Could it be that this placating of misinformed voters has contributed to the current post-fact predicament? By gliding over the "rightness" of an argument aren't you abdicating the basic tenet of journalism?

quote:

First of all, for people not familiar with where that quote comes from, it's this piece: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/02/05/why-the-cbo-report-is-still-terrible-news-for-democrats/
That was in 2014. I keep trying to evolve as a journalist and have tried to do so since then.
What I was trying to say, albeit it not terribly articulately, is that perception matters LOTS in politics.
We've seen it with the rise of Trump. I get asked ALL THE TIME why "we" (the media) didn't fact-check Trump during the campaign. I always respond the same: We did! All the time!
What that question is really trying to get at is why didn't our fact checks, which regularly found that Trump was misleading or, in some cases, outright lying, didn't change peoples' minds who supported him.
The answer is a) they didn't believe the media and b) they bought into the perception that Trump was selling -- no matter what we did to show that what he was selling wasn't accurate.
So, as a journalist I am trying to make sure we fact check AND make sure we portray the fact that people don't necessarily change their minds based on proven facts.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

zegermans posted:

this person has had sex.

Yeah I'm going to ask for proof on this one

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

ahh yes, someone on facebook said that's true.
Case closed.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I do love though that Coulter was flying coach. That's pretty :sad: too

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nichael posted:

I do love though that Coulter was flying coach. That's pretty :sad: too

incel market is a tens of dollar business!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

I remember some journo on twitter posting sexts he sent her.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Feldegast42 posted:

Yeah I'm going to ask for proof on this one

Produce the cream pie zegermans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

ThndrShk2k posted:

Seems to entertain the idea that truth is ultimately unimportant in the face of perception. Could it be that this placating of misinformed voters has contributed to the current post-fact predicament? By gliding over the "rightness" of an argument aren't you abdicating the basic tenet of journalism?
[/quote]

quote:

A few things:

This would be a problem if I was the only reporter at CNN -- or the only political news reporter. Lucky for all of us, I'm not! There are hundreds -- thousands? -- of us. That means you can pick and choose what you read and what you don't -- and get the news even without (gasp!) reading me.

I think to dismiss the Macron-Trump handshake as "completely inane" misses an important element to politics: Theater. There is NO question that Trump views handshakes as a power move -- a chance to assert dominance. And, there is also NO question that world leaders -- Macron, Trudeau etc -- are now briefed and ready for the Trump handshake. So, to say it is meaningless misses the mark.

3) I don't believe "horserace coverage" is absurd. I think it's a vital part of how we cover elections. Notice I said "vital" not "only." If all we had was horserace coverage, then, sure, it wouldn't be enough. But we have MUCH MUCH more and we report on MUCH MUCH more.

:laffo:

• Locked thread