Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'm going to have to give this a try. It's a me thing but I hate having gaps in my lore entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm not clear on why removing some of the deck outfits was in any way a good idea

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

fewer outfits in the game the more they'll spend in the store, maybe they can even sell us back some of the deck outfits back.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
What about the society outfits, are they still around?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I noticed one or two pieces of lore in the tutorial subway (were those always there?) and that got me thinking, does this game have missable lore?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I noticed one or two pieces of lore in the tutorial subway (were those always there?) and that got me thinking, does this game have missable lore?

You will visit that subway again.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

prefect posted:

You will visit that subway again.

Eat Filth

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Supposedly those lores are in the museum if you missed them

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I've run into a good dozen or so lore legends inside of instanced locations that are part of missions. So you wouldn't be able to get back without doing the mission over. I don't remember if any were inside of story mission areas, but since you can't repeat those I'd assume not.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Richard M Nixon posted:

I've run into a good dozen or so lore legends inside of instanced locations that are part of missions. So you wouldn't be able to get back without doing the mission over. I don't remember if any were inside of story mission areas, but since you can't repeat those I'd assume not.

I've always wondered about lore pieces in areas one can't get back to. I don't remember reading anywhere of someone complaining about that sort of loss of lore piece, but then now many people are going to go being completionist on lore bits?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

There are no such lores.

The one at the beginning can be found in The Black House.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tallgeese posted:

There are no such lores.

There are some lores that I may never wind up getting (there's one in "In the Dusty Dark" that I would have to be very dedicated to try for), but I think they're all technically gettable, with none being in the non-repeatable story missions.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

prefect posted:

There are some lores that I may never wind up getting (there's one in "In the Dusty Dark" that I would have to be very dedicated to try for), but I think they're all technically gettable, with none being in the non-repeatable story missions.

That lore should come with an achievement and a badge of fortitude

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I got the one from the CoM jumping puzzle before knowing about the quest.

So how is it in the relaunch?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I got the one from the CoM jumping puzzle before knowing about the quest.

So how is it in the relaunch?

I wanted a friend to record my attempts at Cost of Magic and do a spreadsheet on the cusses I use when pushed to my limits

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Capntastic posted:

I wanted a friend to record my attempts at Cost of Magic and do a spreadsheet on the cusses I use when pushed to my limits

What ended up being #1?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Patron is OK now they've got paypal but gently caress having to login for cache keys

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

What ended up being #1?

Trashpig

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

What are you, Canadian?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What are you, Canadian?

I was overcome with anxiety induced Wernicke's Aphasia

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

if i never have to go into the moon bog again

it will be too soon

(also, is my memory poo poo or did they add new anima wells to the game? for some reason I remember the Franklin House being kind of a pain to get to, not being able to just teleport right to the front door.)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

dmboogie posted:

it will be too soon

(also, is my memory poo poo or did they add new anima wells to the game? for some reason I remember the Franklin House being kind of a pain to get to, not being able to just teleport right to the front door.)

There are some new ones.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

dmboogie posted:

it will be too soon

They definitely moved some. The one located in the residential block in Kingsmouth got moved over to right next to the Sheriff's station behind the barricade. Made it so much more convenient.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

They definitely moved some. The one located in the residential block in Kingsmouth got moved over to right next to the Sheriff's station behind the barricade. Made it so much more convenient.

Nice. The game in general has felt a lot faster to progress through, even with 100%ing Kingsmouth and The Savage Coast. (Except for all the elite enemies.)

Unrelated, but is there any particular "best" way to get anima shares? I'm at the point where I'm actually running out. Should I only be fusing with poo poo that gives the 2.5x bonus?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

dmboogie posted:

Nice. The game in general has felt a lot faster to progress through, even with 100%ing Kingsmouth and The Savage Coast. (Except for all the elite enemies.)

Unrelated, but is there any particular "best" way to get anima shares? I'm at the point where I'm actually running out. Should I only be fusing with poo poo that gives the 2.5x bonus?

Shambhala (the pvp mode) gives you 1,000 shards per match

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

dmboogie posted:

Fusing starts ramping up costs in cost-per-item and XP needed per level AND levels-to-max-out. You're gonna want to be thrifty pretty quick.

You can get shards from Shambala as mentioned but also doing a bunch of fast side-missions in Kingsmouth (the 'deliver this item here!!' ones, along with all of the bounties) will take about fifteen minutes and get you enough shards to play around with.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

dmboogie posted:

I have no idea how cost-effective it is, but you can sell items to vendors for anima shards. Usually about 250 per thing you sell.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's easy to grind out anima shards in Shambala - it's not PVP, it's just a bunch of people spamming abilities while things happen. Takes like two minutes for ~500? shards. Win or lose.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

prefect posted:

I have no idea how cost-effective it is, but you can sell items to vendors for anima shards. Usually about 250 per thing you sell.

Every once in a while you'll find people selling stacks of agarthan caches super cheap. I picked up a few that were 100 or so MOF for a stack of 60+.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Richard M Nixon posted:

Every once in a while you'll find people selling stacks of agarthan caches super cheap. I picked up a few that were 100 or so MOF for a stack of 60+.

I think I have fifty or sixty of those in my bank. Now that I'm level 50, I should probably get around to opening them.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Capntastic posted:

Fusing starts ramping up costs in cost-per-item and XP needed per level AND levels-to-max-out. You're gonna want to be thrifty pretty quick.

You can get shards from Shambala as mentioned but also doing a bunch of fast side-missions in Kingsmouth (the 'deliver this item here!!' ones, along with all of the bounties) will take about fifteen minutes and get you enough shards to play around with.

Checked this: I just ran around Kingsmoth doing easy dailies and got about 5k shards, and 5k Marks of Favours in about 20 minutes. Plus some AP and SP. Not as good as Shamblezone for pure shards and glyphs, of course.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I don't play much. I'm waiting for my steam backlog to be resolved a bit before I start up again. However, when I log in I get login bonuses and the pop up says "Patron bonus" at the bottom. I don't remember giving them any credit card info, so I assume this is just a normal daily login bonus that a lot of MMOs have, and the bonus is just what I would have got if I was a patron. Right? I am really just kind of hoping I funcom'd my way into free patron.

EDIT: Had to edit to try to make it more clear.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 19, 2017

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

TracerM17 posted:

I don't play much. I'm waiting for my steam backlog to be resolved a bit before I start up again. However, when I log in I get login bonuses and the pop up says "Patron bonus" at the bottom. I don't remember giving them any credit card info, so I assume this is just a normal daily login bonus that a lot of MMOs have, and the bonus is just what I would have got if I was a patron. Right? I am really just kind of hoping I funcom'd my way into free patron.

EDIT: Had to edit to try to make it more clear.

I haven't seen the non-patron screen, but I think it's just trying to sell you on patron by showing you the fabulous prizes you could be getting, like a cache key or a cache key. If you're not getting a cache key when you claim, you're not a patron.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Thanks Funcom!

Richard M Nixon fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 19, 2017

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

dmboogie posted:

I'm in the same boat for running low and hurting on shards especially when I remember how much Pax I was sitting on in TSW. I've been doing the dailies and vendoring anything I don't use but drat the shards are slow coming. I've been hesitant about giving the PvP angle a try since I'm so used to how PvP is elsewhere and I really don't feel like dealing with the sort who takes PvP is Life.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm in the same boat for running low and hurting on shards especially when I remember how much Pax I was sitting on in TSW. I've been doing the dailies and vendoring anything I don't use but drat the shards are slow coming. I've been hesitant about giving the PvP angle a try since I'm so used to how PvP is elsewhere and I really don't feel like dealing with the sort who takes PvP is Life.

There is nothing to deal with. Its team vs team and one game takes about 2 minutes maximum.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
Shambala is an easy PvP game to play. It's just two teams of 15, blasting and whacking the hell out of each other until one side runs out of people. The map will change by shrinking or blowing wind to knock you around, just to keep thing interesting. Win or lose, you get a bag that has a weapon, talisman, and glyph in it, plus a bunch of shards. There's nothing extra for winning, and no penalty for losing, so give it a go if you really need shards. :)

Oh, and the bag you get shows up in the lower right corner. It's easy to not notice.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Oh my god you conflict adverse nerds, just fuckin' DO Shambala. It takes 1-2 minutes, it gives the same rewards whether you win or lose, and you'll get the shards you need. Most goons afk through it anyway.

Amante fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 19, 2017

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

My favorite outfit in TSW was the Illuminati grifter. Anyone know how to get it in SWL?

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 19, 2017

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
No one gives a poo poo if you win or lose either. You can just zone in and run off a cliff and absolutely no one will notice or care. It's such a chaotic mess that if you actually give a poo poo about winning you can't afford to pay attention to that. By the time the statistics screen shows up and some one could type out a reply, the game boots you out of the instance. Everyone gets the same reward regardless of performance.

If you want to pad the meters and/or actually do well just bring a bunch of aoe and stuns and try to gently caress people over when the wind comes in so they get blown off into the abyss. Just queue up while you are running around doing world quests and jump in when appropriate. You can just cancel the queue if it pops at an inconvenient time and queue up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Would be nice if the TSW log-in told me that the game was down for patching instead of saying I had the wrong password.