Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Verranicus posted:

As much as I enjoy the changes to PVP, opening the floodgates to people who will openly not try to win or afk just to get quick exp is really infuriating.

I'd much rather have a bunch of asshats in PvP than have no one queuing PvP at all like it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

SpaceDrake posted:

I do want to revise my statement a little though, because on seeing Savage Exdeath... :staredog:

Watched a bit of that fight, and good lord. Exdeath is not playing around.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SpaceDrake posted:

Myself and I stand by the statement. :colbert: Savage Halicarnassus is going to require significant amounts of actual effort for most groups, even with a guide.

I do want to revise my statement a little though, because on seeing Savage Exdeath... :staredog:

Some of Savage Exdeath is gear. Like at 330~ ilvl, that transition is way less brutal. There's currently zero room for error on the holy -> spread for flares, dual cast fire III, etc.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Minrad posted:

Some of Savage Exdeath is gear. Like at 330~ ilvl, that transition is way less brutal. There's currently zero room for error on the holy -> spread for flares, dual cast fire III, etc.

Yeah, it's true. More defense and vit will help a good deal, but right now it's just a brick wall, watching it. If you're off by even a little bit in Flare positioning, DPS fall over with no hope.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

SpaceDrake posted:

Myself and I stand by the statement. :colbert: Savage Halicarnassus is going to require significant amounts of actual effort for most groups, even with a guide.

Has Neo-Exdeath been confirmed?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How many creation tomes do you get for exdr dungeons and omega?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Has Neo-Exdeath been confirmed?

On account of the Neo-Exdeath model in the game, I'd assume yes.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

On account of the Neo-Exdeath model in the game, I'd assume yes.

Model and music are in the game. It would be very weird if there isn't a Neo Exdeath phase.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SpaceDrake posted:

Model and music are in the game. It would be very weird if there isn't a Neo Exdeath phase.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I was kind of hoping you'd all just be sort of flying through space with no visible ground. But drat he's huge

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

A3S took world first players(re: people who have multiple characters to min/max gear and comps) a week. O3S took them 4-5 hours. This will not break statics. If something dies in a few days to the world first crew it will not be a static breaker.

T7 broke my static

Not because we couldn't clear it but because it's so exhausting to do every single week

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Skaw posted:

Anyone who has done Lost Canals already, whats the materia rewards like?

The V/VI direct drops are like level 70 dungeons except you occasionally get crafter/gatherer ones. Then, in addition, you get some clusters--usually 1-2 split amongst the party per canals visit.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Did a run through Temple of the Fist testing out the DRG changes and, while it's not perfect, the BotD changes are welcome. I had a tank that kept decent pace and even without huge pulls I only dropped Blood a couple of times through the run. The extra 5 seconds seemed to be juuuust enough that I could pop the skill when the meter was nearly empty and keep hold of my eyes. And adding BotD to the AoE combo is a godsend. It was so annoying using AoE abilities knowing that it meant you wouldn't be able to use Geirs and Nastrond, or conversely using single-target like a chump just to get eyes.

Of course none of that would be of any help if you get one of those tanks who stands around with their finger up their rear end between pulls. Eyes not expiring would still be the ideal.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

No ring :thunk:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Can't stop looking at the giant penis.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

What's gonna suck now is how overtuned Edge's Parents, The Four Fiends, Golbez, and Zeromus are going to be in 5.0-8.0

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 18, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

What's gonna suck now is how overtuned Edge's Parents, Golbez, The Four Fiends, and Zeromus are going to be in 5.0-8.0

I don't think that's gonna happen

Yoshi has said in an interview that they're officially ignoring player feedback when tuning difficulty (and using clear rates instead; they aren't eschewing data entirely) because the playerbase doesn't know what it wants.

Together with super-savage in odd numbered patches I don't think we have anything to worry about with savage difficulty going back to gordias levels

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

What's gonna suck now is how overtuned Edge's Parents, The Four Fiends, Golbez, and Zeromus are going to be in 5.0-8.0

I am down for a Four Fiends tagteam fight followed by Golbez chain-casting Meteo and then a city sized Zeromus completely wrecking my poo poo.

But the first fight will be the Magus sisters. :colbert:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Gammascape bosses are gonna be from FF8, my uncle is Yoship and he told me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rainuwastaken posted:

Watched a bit of that fight, and good lord. Exdeath is not playing around.

Where are you watching this? Wanna check out the music

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Personally, my money is on Flamerus Rex, if only so that we can get some Mystic Quest music up in this game.

Augus posted:

Where are you watching this? Wanna check out the music

The guy I've been watching hasn't gotten to Neo Exdeath yet, but here you go. No idea how the phase 2 music sounds!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thundarr posted:

I am down for a Four Fiends tagteam fight followed by Golbez chain-casting Meteo and then a city sized Zeromus completely wrecking my poo poo.

But the first fight will be the Magus sisters. :colbert:

Yeah I should have picked them for the first fight. I just couldn't think of a good fourth fight.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Rainuwastaken posted:

Personally, my money is on Flamerus Rex, if only so that we can get some Mystic Quest music up in this game.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intoluene posted:

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

He keeps visibly losing bones from damage along with the ones he yanks off to use as a boomerang with a burn phase at the end where he's just a pile of bones chain casting quake.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Cleared the bottom floor of Canals!

The namazu minion dropped along with a lot of VI materia and very expensive materials scattered throughout the run. The random encounters include a sneaky namazu which drops just crystals as far as we know and a giant which when kill drops a bunch of VI materia.

Most interesting is we got to the bottom floor before and there were already a boss sitting there, of a element (first time, wind, second time, ice) and the element of wind destroyed our 5 man party reasonably easily.

We gathered a few more FC members and went as a full 8 man and completed it in style. It's definitely worth a run.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I took some time to play a little of nu-MCH before work this morning and I am amazed how the heat changes actually made the class more boring to play. You barely ever use Cooldown anymore outside of Wildfire, so about 50 seconds of every minute has devolved back to the old 1 1 1 2 1 1 2 3 1 2 1 spiel. Again.

At least NIN is fun, and maybe BRD'll be fun when I level it after WHM. In the meantime for MCH, well... see you in 4.1? :sigh:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 18, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Samael posted:

Cleared the bottom floor of Canals!

The namazu minion dropped along with a lot of VI materia and very expensive materials scattered throughout the run. The random encounters include a sneaky namazu which drops just crystals as far as we know and a giant which when kill drops a bunch of VI materia.

Most interesting is we got to the bottom floor before and there were already a boss sitting there, of a element (first time, wind, second time, ice) and the element of wind destroyed our 5 man party reasonably easily.

We gathered a few more FC members and went as a full 8 man and completed it in style. It's definitely worth a run.

The Thunderbeast isn't too bad. I saw the boss just sitting there and had a moment of "Oh god, we're gonna die".

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kefka Savage is gonna be a helluva ride

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wonder which Mystic Quest songs would make it into this game. The standard boss music is a lock but I'd wanna hear Doom Castle :rock:

e oh my god what if an entire section of Omega is FFMQ :aaaaa:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Reverse Goatse. That is intense.

Also my static group has outgrown the need of the random leveling guild we're currently in and wants to make their own FC. How tough are they to level for say 4 people with more than average playtimes. I know nothing about free companies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really sort of hope that the other ones are more obscure games and not FF4/6/whatever. It'd own to see 4 Heroes of Light-inspired monsters or something instead.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Givin posted:

Reverse Goatse. That is intense.

Also my static group has outgrown the need of the random leveling guild we're currently in and wants to make their own FC. How tough are they to level for say 4 people with more than average playtimes. I know nothing about free companies.

the FC that I run has three people in it, and usually one-two people logged in, and we're at rank five already after ~3 weeks.

Turning in all of the gear for guild seals tends to powerlevel it suuper quick.

Here's a bunch of reddit numbers if you're a turbonerd: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1zdiqh/leveling_up_a_solo_fc_some_info_i_found_any/

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 18, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Augus posted:

Kefka Savage is gonna be a helluva ride

The other bosses will be GoGo, Wrexsoul, and the eight legendary dragons.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ImpAtom posted:

I really sort of hope that the other ones are more obscure games and not FF4/6/whatever. It'd own to see 4 Heroes of Light-inspired monsters or something instead.

They could definitely do garland/chaos, the four fiends, the vampire, and the giant eye or something from FF1. Could even go garland, eye, fiends, chaos or something like that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

im 8 years old mentally and this post made me laugh

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder which Mystic Quest songs would make it into this game. The standard boss music is a lock but I'd wanna hear Doom Castle :rock:

e oh my god what if an entire section of Omega is FFMQ :aaaaa:

The Dark King's theme would be in no questions asked.

Also the normal battle theme. As the theme for all the bosses :colbert:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

A FF6 raid would be incomplete without fighting trash mobs through the Phantom Train, then the real fight starts when you get to the engine, and at some point in the fight Godbert shows up to suplex it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

A FF6 raid would be incomplete without fighting trash mobs through the Phantom Train, then the real fight starts when you get to the engine, and at some point in the fight Godbert shows up to suplex it.

Look, if someone's going to fight a train, it better be motherfuckin' Doomtrain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can you imagine if O8N finished with Bizzaro Sephiroth, and Safer Sephiroth was only in O8S? The bitching would be epic :allears: