Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

SirPhoebos posted:

Can you imagine if O8N finished with Bizzaro Sephiroth, and Safer Sephiroth was only in O8S? The bitching would be epic :allears:

Savage Sephiroth with an exclusive Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth phase. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

SirPhoebos posted:

Can you imagine if O8N finished with Bizzaro Sephiroth, and Safer Sephiroth was only in O8S? The bitching would be epic :allears:

I know a couple people who, when they reminisce about ffXI, mention that their name was xXsephirothXx or something, and who are normally very grind-loving casual players but would become the smelliest raider poopsockers on the planet ever if this happened.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
gently caress it, just drop Lavos in there already

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

potaties posted:

So that's the last boss of the tier, what about the others? Magus obviously....

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

potaties posted:

Thematically Zombor, Masa & Mune, Ozzie Flea & Slash, Magus would be a more appropriate raid :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i want a council fight against the Asterisks from Bravely Default

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

lmao turret damage isn't calculated into wildfires? and here I thought last night the overcharge buff would help MCH come out ahead, gently caress everything.

NOPE. Neither turret attacks nor an overload counts for wildfire. Here's trying autoattacks only, autoattacks plus turret attacks, autoattacks plus overload (which I just showed the logs for). You can see the expected damage of 25% is only coming from my autoattacks.

Unless I'm super dumb at maths in which case let me know.

Edit: I mean, I'm sure it's always been this way just no one's ever cared because there was never a reason to not have your turret out before.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 18, 2017

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Smithy Gang raid tier culminating in a secret Culex boss battle.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

quote:

If your party contains players replaying an area prior to the weekly reset, the number of treasure coffers appearing upon completion will decrease. Furthermore, players will be ineligible for rewards from treasure coffers as well as Deltascape datalogs when replaying an area prior to the weekly reset.
* If there are one to four players in your party replaying an area, only a single treasure coffer will appear. If there are five or more players in your party replaying an area, no treasure coffers will appear.

Can anyone explain this bit? is this how Alex Savage worked?

Is there a way to tell how many people have cleared it? Does it count anyone who cleared for token, or people who have gotten a coffer?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
gently caress it. Just get completely meta and have the final bosses be the original Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 dev team :V Tanaka-Savage.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Rainuwastaken posted:

Smithy Gang raid tier culminating in a secret Culex boss battle.

Odin/Yojimbo, Gilgamesh & Necron, Culex and a Dimension hopping Cid for a tier.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Is there a way to tell how many people have cleared it? Does it count anyone who cleared for token, or people who have gotten a coffer?

It is how it worked for Alex. Reduced coffers if playing with people who already cleared for the week. If you cleared at all, regardless if you won a coffer drop or not, you were inelligible to roll on another groups drop for the week if one is available.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skaw posted:

It is how it worked for Alex. Reduced coffers if playing with people who already cleared for the week. If you cleared at all, regardless if you won a coffer drop or not, you were inelligible to roll on another groups drop for the week if one is available.

Ok, so people who have cleared can hop into my party to help me clear, but they can't roll on coffers even if they didn't get one on their clear, but their presence will reduce the number of coffers I can roll on, but I (can/can't?) see whether they are reducing my number of drops?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Toshimo posted:

If all 8 people in the party have not cleared a fight this week two chests will drop and all 8 will get books.

If between 1-4 people have cleared, 1 chest will drop. The only people who can roll on loot will be the people who haven't cleared. Only people who have not cleared for the week will get books.

If 5-7 people have cleared, there won't be a chest, but the people who haven't cleared yet will still get their book drop.

4-8 of the books from each fight can be turned in for gear drops from that fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Toshimo posted:

Ok, so people who have cleared can hop into my party to help me clear, but they can't roll on coffers even if they didn't get one on their clear, but their presence will reduce the number of coffers I can roll on, but I (can/can't?) see whether they are reducing my number of drops?

It will say at the start of the fight "one or more party members have completed this duty. The number of coffers will be reduced" or something like that in big letters on the screen.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ok, cool. Thanks.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Don't forget to make the boss only accessible by a long bridge which has a 1/64 chance of spawning Warmech.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Givin posted:

Don't forget to make the boss only accessible by a long bridge which has a 1/64 chance of spawning Warmech.

I would be so loving ok with this.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Givin posted:

That's the other one! Warmech! Knew I was forgetting someone.

Odin/Yojimbo, Gilgamesh & Necron, Culex, Warmech. That's the multi-FF raid crew.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Toshimo posted:

Other people have already clarified how it works, but the purpose is to avoid the situation where the optimal strategy is to clear everything on alts, then have 7 alts + 1 main clear it repeatedly, so your mains get 16 total chests instead of 2.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Toshimo posted:

I would be so loving ok with this.

I'd love for it to spawn and look all 8 bit retro. Then completely shreds the raid with Nuke.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder which Mystic Quest songs would make it into this game. The standard boss music is a lock but I'd wanna hear Doom Castle :rock:

e oh my god what if an entire section of Omega is FFMQ :aaaaa:

An Omega raid tier being FFMQ would be amazing just for the music.

potaties posted:

If they want to keep it restricted to Final Fantasy games they could just use the final boss from TAY since it's literally Lavos in every way, except worse (because that game ruining FF1-6 wasn't bad enough). The only upside to this would be a FF14 version of the Mysterious Girl's (battle) theme.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The wind boss at the end of Canals is no loving joking. He tore through our 5man. I'm starting to think that Canal's optimal party is 6+.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

An Omega raid tier being FFMQ would be amazing just for the music.

This is now mandatory, yoship.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

The main thing that SCH needs now is for Adlo to be a bit cheaper, or for SE to just bite the bullet and give us a way to generate a guaranteed crit, even if it's on a 2-3 minute cooldown or some poo poo. The design right now encourages fishing for crits at important moments, but unlike ARR or HW, you get punished for trying to play well if you get unlucky, even with crit stacking.

Also I am glad WAR got the buffs it needed :)

No no no no no no.

Think about the implications of letting a Scholar guarantee a crit.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

No no no no no no.

Think about the implications of letting a Scholar guarantee a crit.

Having a shield as large as AST once per <cooldown>?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It would have been really nice to have been surprised by the appearance of the secret raid boss, but I guess untagged spoilers for brand new poo poo are OK now.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fister Roboto posted:

It would have been really nice to have been surprised by the appearance of the secret raid boss, but I guess untagged spoilers for brand new poo poo are OK now.

:qqsay:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
either stop caring about spoilers like i have, or stop posting them. pick one. just one!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Truga posted:

Larger.

Really it'd have to be like stoneskin ii and only be castable out of combat.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

you're being a colossal douche, and that's compared to fister roboto

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Truga posted:

I think I'll argue Largesse + Fey Illumination + Dissipation + Defiance and/or Mantra + <dumb crit guarantee> -> Adlo -> Emergency Tactics is far stupider than anything AST can do with Aspected Benefic / Aspected Helios.

It also kind of clings to the outdated notion that SCH is a "shield/mitigation healer" first and foremost which hasn't been true for some time. If anything, they're the oGCD Healer.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
deployed critshields are solidly in "ignoring mechanics" territory, yeah

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Just make all shield skills auto-crit outside of combat

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There would be an enormous shitstorm if someone posted pictures of the final boss of the MSQ, even today, nearly a month after it's been out. Don't be an rear end.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
please post spoiler tags for 25 year old games. some of us havent played ff5 yet. thanks,

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
don't believe ondore's lies. his real name is butz.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I can agree with him about the images. I don't think anyone is surprised to see neoexdeath, but actually seeing it is something I'd rather have done when I got there the first time. I didn't watch a video or anything of brute justice or T12 or a number of other ones where I knew going in that there would be a thing, but I had never actually seen thing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ff5/12 crossover event when???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fister Roboto posted:

no, spoilers are only bad when they're about the story, when they're about top end raids they're fine!

I just think you don't understand spoiler development.