Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

That's very much not true. Look at the necro leaderboards or any leaderboard under top 20. It's usually all people with sets that are all very viable, i.e. missing ancient pieces, missing augments, missing specific rolls.

It would not surprise me if there were only like three thousand people playing this game in the entire world. This is not a hugely popular game.

I had p900 plus when I quit playing last season and DH was already over 90 just to get on the list. And yes I meant actually getting high level leaderboards. I lost interest after fully augmenting and hitting 87. I didn't want to do the whole grind over just for a few more points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

spit on my clit posted:

Does the crusader's own meteors from his bombardment hurt him?
No. Or at least they shouldn't.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I haven't done sader since season 1, how's he fair compared to wiz/dh for getting solo 70 early in the season?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

I had p900 plus when I quit playing last season and DH was already over 90 just to get on the list. And yes I meant actually getting high level leaderboards. I lost interest after fully augmenting and hitting 87. I didn't want to do the whole grind over just for a few more points.

the seasons should be like one month long because you can basically hit this point in a week or two and it's the bad part.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

spit on my clit posted:

Does the crusader's own meteors from his bombardment hurt him?

There is no such thing as friendly fire in Diablo III.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

veedubfreak posted:

P900 in a season is a lot and commendable if you're solo playing, but it's a drop in an ocean if you're doing 4 man. Playing two hours a day with some optimizations, many twitch streamers reach 2k paragon in a season. You can look at their public records to average their hours played. Last season when I ran with a clan I got to p900 in the first week, and I only did one long session over a hungover Sunday that was in total like six hours.

This double XP weekend I played a total of three hours-ish, maybe four, over three daysand went from p1680 to 2018. Granted I know how to optimize xp gain, but I couldn't have done it solo.

I say this with every post in this thread, if you're playing solo, this game is loving torture. Even if you hate playing with other people, you can reach that solo 100 point way quicker by playing in a group than playing solo.

It's like night and day, between solo and group. It's a whole nother game, and much more in depth and rewarding by grouping up, trying to push higher.

But like I also say, if you get a boner by just watching mobs explode on screen, more power to you (although, you'll like groups even more because more than double the mobs spawn). Just don't presume that what you're doing is optimized and viable for anything other than the torment level you're running at.

Edit: just looked at season ten solo DH leaderboards, and randomly clicking profiles at the bottom shows that the average paragon to do a 92 (lowest to score on the leaderboard) is 1k, and there are more than a few 900+ paragons on there

Guilty fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 19, 2017

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

If I was looking to be a lazy shitlord, which free set this season would springboard fastest to complete the conquests?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Helltooth is lazy .

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Guilty posted:

P900 in a season is a lot and commendable if you're solo playing, but it's a drop in an ocean if you're doing 4 man. Playing two hours a day with some optimizations, many twitch streamers reach 2k paragon in a season. You can look at their public records to average their hours played. Last season when I ran with a clan I got to p900 in the first week, and I only did one long session over a hungover Sunday that was in total like six hours.

This double XP weekend I played a total of three hours-ish, maybe four, over three daysand went from p1680 to 2018. Granted I know how to optimize xp gain, but I couldn't have done it solo.

I say this with every post in this thread, if you're playing solo, this game is loving torture. Even if you hate playing with other people, you can reach that solo 100 point way quicker by playing in a group than playing solo.

It's like night and day, between solo and group. It's a whole nother game, and much more in depth and rewarding by grouping up, trying to push higher.

But like I also say, if you get a boner by just watching mobs explode on screen, more power to you (although, you'll like groups even more because more than double the mobs spawn). Just don't presume that what you're doing is optimized and viable for anything other than the torment level you're running at.

Edit: just looked at season ten solo DH leaderboards, and randomly clicking profiles at the bottom shows that the average paragon to do a 92 (lowest to score on the leaderboard) is 1k, and there are more than a few 900+ paragons on there

Ya, i try to group when I can, but without a dedicated group, most nights end up being pub games or low level grouping.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Star Man posted:

There is no such thing as friendly fire in Diablo III.

Good, good. Speaking of Crusader, I'm almost 70 and I want to know: Do weapons get better than the Mortal Drama? +3 Wrath regen per second and doubled Bombardment meteors is pretty loving boss, especially paired with the skill that reduces the bombardment cooldown by 35%

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Hey look, Guilty is back with his :spergin: about how much better 4man is than solo play.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grouping is terrible in diablo. Oh what fun, chase after the fastest player .

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

spit on my clit posted:

Good, good. Speaking of Crusader, I'm almost 70 and I want to know: Do weapons get better than the Mortal Drama? +3 Wrath regen per second and doubled Bombardment meteors is pretty loving boss, especially paired with the skill that reduces the bombardment cooldown by 35%

Better is debatable, but almost every legendary flail is a game changer in its own way and synergizes with armor set bonuses.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

How the hell are some of you gaining 900 paragon in a season? I've been playing since release and I'm only like paragon 940.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

veedubfreak posted:

Ya, i try to group when I can, but without a dedicated group, most nights end up being pub games or low level grouping.

Join the public communities where nearly all the high level clans search for people to fill in groups. Rift it Forward on EU averages about 1k people in it at peak times and there's a group filling every niche you're looking for, key farming, speed grifts, or even high level pushing.

Hobold posted:

Hey look, Guilty is back with his :spergin: about how much better 4man is than solo play.

Hey look, it's another drive by thread poo poo from someone who keeps quitting and restarting the game because they can't figure out how to make it fun

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How the hell are some of you gaining 900 paragon in a season? I've been playing since release and I'm only like paragon 940.

Let Guilty come tell you about the amazingly fast xp gain rates of a 4man group. And how everyone else is doing it wrong.
You should be getting 900 in the first month of the season. :goonsay:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Guilty posted:

Hey look, it's another drive by thread poo poo from someone who keeps quitting and restarting the game because they can't figure out how to make it fun

Haha. What are you even talking about.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So it's confirmed that they won't be making any changes before season 11 because they want things to stabilize first in order to determine what balance changes to make. What you see is what you get, so plan accordingly for Season 11.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Pastry Mistakes posted:

4 man G90+ is easy IF you roll a zmonk or zbarb (support classes). If the DPS is strong enough, it's pretty idiot proof, zmonk drops sanc and spams cyclone strike for heals, zbarb dishes out health globes and pulls elites together. If you want to play DPS, you're going to have to augment your gear and be ok with "only" getting 4 gem upgrades (5 for not dying).

I would ask LLJK last season if anyone had a zbarb/zmonk for groups, lightning wiz is strong enough to easily carry 80s.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

DrSeRRoD posted:

So it's confirmed that they won't be making any changes before season 11 because they want things to stabilize first in order to determine what balance changes to make. What you see is what you get, so plan accordingly for Season 11.

Wasn't that the whole point of this month long break?

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Pastry Mistakes posted:

4 man group, running speed grifts with xp pool bonus on top of it. You can go from p0 to p100ish with one lvl 60 grift. After that, each run nets like 20 levels. At around 600 it levels off to one 80 with xp pool = one level, but that will last till around 900, then it'll take like 1 and a half with xp pool. Even at 2k para it takes 4 speed 82 grifts (under 3 min each) to gain a level

Guilty
May 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

Grouping is terrible in diablo. Oh what fun, chase after the fastest player .

Do grifts, where you have a role that needs to be played. Farming t13 is awful, I agree

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Hobold posted:

Wasn't that the whole point of this month long break?

Guess that was just for bug fixing, which they did yesterday, which broke stuff, and they fixed today. Looks like 4 months of Closed/Open beta wasn't enough, so they'll need more time.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hobold posted:

Let Guilty come tell you about the amazingly fast xp gain rates of a 4man group. And how everyone else is doing it wrong.
You should be getting 900 in the first month of the season. :goonsay:

I think I hit 900+ in the first couple of weeks :( Being unemployed leaves lots of free time.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Next season is going to be even higher average paragon levels I expect. Necromancers can speed 105s to 115s in group meta, meaning major xp gains

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Group meta how exciting

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How much do you have to hate yourself to follow the group meta and play a no DPS class in Diablo 3?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What the absolute gently caress do any of the words on this page mean?

This is Diablo, dude. Slice 'em up those bad punch mans, and then pick up your loot.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

BobbyK posted:

How much do you have to hate yourself to follow the group meta and play a no DPS class in Diablo 3?

It's still satisfying to see everything dying around you, almost moreso because you know you'd never be able to last at such a high level with your janky rear end tailored build. The downside is trying to get together a decent group that doesn't fall apart after a few rounds :smith:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
ZDPS isn't that big a deal now that armory is a thing.

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is Diablo, dude. Slice 'em up those bad punch mans, and then pick up your loot.

I've started playing this game less than a month ago and 99% of my play time is solo, not reading about deep strategy (I don't understand most of the jargon anyway) and this has been my whole playing philosophy. Still having fun!

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

BobbyK posted:

Dunno why you guys poo poo on him. He is posting useful information for hardcore poopsockers. They also happen to be facts. I think anyone who actually just wants solo play isn't going to be somehow lead astray by Guilty and will just play solo anyways. No need to poo poo up the thread

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

MikeC posted:

Dunno why you guys poo poo on him. He is posting useful information for hardcore poopsockers. They also happen to be facts. I think anyone who actually just wants solo play isn't going to be somehow lead astray by Guilty and will just play solo anyways. No need to poo poo up the thread

I think it's mostly the "this is how you are supposed to play" tone he uses that rubs people the wrong way that sets people off.

Senso posted:

I've started playing this game less than a month ago and 99% of my play time is solo, not reading about deep strategy (I don't understand most of the jargon anyway) and this has been my whole playing philosophy. Still having fun!

Ya, that's normal. There's really no reason to get into the "top tier" stuff until you've basically done everything. Seasons are mostly for people that have been playing forever and like the resets.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jul 19, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Actually the game doesn't really start until you are doing 4 man GR90s :smug:

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
zdps barb is actually the most fun thing to play in this game, and the most impactful

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I want to be a Monk this season. Can a ZMonk be helpful? I also want to solo a gr70 so that I can get more Primals than my lame dumb friends who never get any Primals (and are lame)

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I want to be a Monk this season. Can a ZMonk be helpful? I also want to solo a gr70 so that I can get more Primals than my lame dumb friends who never get any Primals (and are lame)

ZMonk is cool and a good way to get into the meta but monks seem pretty weak with solo specs right now. I could never figure out 6pc raiment because it is so fragile and I struggled with soloing GR70 until I switched to inna's EP and got a GR with density.

I'm planning on going DH this season because impale is OP

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I did Season 9 as monk and got an early ancient shenlong set for my weapons which convinced me to do generator builds all season. Using the standard Innas 6/Rain 2 and Wolfcryer's Burning Monk builds I was able to get through the 70 threshold, but it was surprisingly glass canon for the lower DPS output compared to the real glass canon classes. ZDPS monk is always in demand though and now that armory is a thing it'll be easy to run both versions of your monk, so have at it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I did monk to p600 last season and it was rough as hell. Switched to dh and made solo 70 with trash gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rhykker has posted his build rankings for the upcoming season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13e1nZomeL4