Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/RusEmbUSA/status/887296744098340865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/887435998703083520

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I don't want to admit it because I know that pissing off liberals is considered the most important thing in the world to the GOP and Trump supporters...

But goddamn do I hate Garrison's drawings. They are like Kelly cartoons but I know they aren't satire.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

I don't want to admit it because I know that pissing off liberals is considered the most important thing in the world to the GOP and Trump supporters...

But goddamn do I hate Garrison's drawings. They are like Kelly cartoons but I know they aren't satire.

They just make me go :rolleyes: because he's a really bad cartoonist and labels every loving thing.

Like, wow, we had no idea what kind of sound splashing water makes. Thanks Ben!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

I honestly just laugh at how delusional these people are.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also is Trump a Texas or Tennessee fan now?

either way lol

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

enraged_camel posted:

They just make me go :rolleyes: because he's a really bad cartoonist and labels every loving thing.

gbs trump thread did a nice job with the water comin off the wheel lol

piisssss

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

He's one of those paradoxical people who's a good drawer, but a lovely artist. ...And a lovely person too, but whatever. His comics are a fascinating peek inside the right-wing bubble because they're basically like "THIS IS HOW CONSERVATIVES REALLY BELIEVE THINGS ARE GOING" snapshots for the rest of us living in the real world.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Shouldn't Democrats next play be going over onto the attack on the Medicaid expansion? Medicaid is obviously hugely popular and there is a desire to move in places like Kansas. Message it as fighting for more Medicaid dollars and go hard in Florida and Kansas?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I like how the people arguing single payer is cost prohibitive leave out the part where they're okay with poor people dying. Like, okay, even if we accept the idea that it's more expensive, you're okay with consigning people to die of preventable and treatable issues, just because they're born to a certain class? Say what you will about Republicans, at least they're open about their disregard for human life.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Shifty Pony posted:

Oh wow, he actually drew Trump with a double chin instead of the roided-out monstrosity he usually uses.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Thaddius the Large posted:

Say what you will about Republicans, at least they're open about their disregard for human life.

lol you're giving them way too much credit. Trump campaigned on a healthcare plan where "no one would die in the street." They aren't open about it at all, they lie through their teeth.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Are they... threatening to nuke Antarctica?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Pony posted:

You shouldn't get angry at somebody as pathetic as Ben Garrison. You should feel emotions closer to pity and sadness towards him and his empty life.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Shouldn't Democrats next play be going over onto the attack on the Medicaid expansion? Medicaid is obviously hugely popular and there is a desire to move in places like Kansas. Message it as fighting for more Medicaid dollars and go hard in Florida and Kansas?

There are a lot of possible next steps

Making the remaining states actually do medicaid expansion is a pretty good, realistic goal

Allowing buy-in medicare as a public option would be quite good also

Single payer would also be very, very good, though I personally feel like it would be way more difficult than many in this thread. Nothing about it being too expensive, I just think the roll out would be way too difficult to do properly, and result in an ever larger backlash than the ACA caused.

Personally, I think the democrat ACA2.0 should basically just look a lot like the Bill that passed the House, medicaid expansion in all states and buy-in medicare (except don't limit it to people over 40). My personal opinion is that a well run public option will smother private insurers rather quickly, but slowly enough to have far less political blowback.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 19, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/brianabrams/status/887378598851751936

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

pacerhimself posted:

You shouldn't get angry at somebody as pathetic as Ben Garrison. You should feel emotions closer to pity and sadness towards him and his empty life.
Garrison is just sad. He went from a target of 4chan trolling to desperately trying to appease them, fawning over President Pissbaby even worse than /pol/ does. He probably doesn't even remember anymore; he's an abuse victim too far gone to save. :sigh:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

enraged_camel posted:

I'm just surprised he doesn't label Trump himself. I mean, let's be frank, his drawings look nothing like the guy. They're 50 years too young, too much hair, the head is too darn big for the body, and the body type is way off.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/887505014901669889

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Is that Jeff Sessions?

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

arbybaconator posted:

Is that Jeff Sessions?

:thejoke:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ague Proof posted:

I'm a limp-dicked motherfucker born out of a petri-dish at the racism factory.

*breaks out Perry County jokebook*

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Anyone else getting the feeling that half of Fox News pre-wrote their next four years of coverage assuming a Clinton victory and have no Earthly idea what do now?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So now that the AHCA, or whatever acronym its been going by now, is dead as gently caress do people like Covok come eat crow and maybe admit that Republican dysfunction is real and not just posturing?

I don't know what eating crow means, but does sound exotic. That said, yeah, it might be real and I'm happy as gently caress about it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

How can clinton be having scandals if she doesn't hold any public office and hasn't done anything but occasionally tweet? What scandals are they saying are ongoing and urgent enough to be their lead story in primetime? Jesus christ

:lol: that this will get 0 attention from any newspaper or TV news station.

also note that the color of the land in the map is piss yellow.

Covok posted:

I'm just surprised he doesn't label Trump himself. I mean, let's be frank, his drawings look nothing like the guy. They're 50 years too young, too much hair, the head is too darn big for the body, and the body type is way off.

If Garrison drew trump naked, he would have a 50 foot long cock, hands the size of the entire universe and he would be perpetually 22 years old and in the best shape of any human being that has ever lived. I think it's interesting that he conveys a "larger than life" quality to trump by making him fill up both the front and passenger seat in the car. Garrison is a hack but at least he's good at......that.

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 19, 2017

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Oh no, what will all of our businesses that rely on Russian banks do?

Seriously, Russia has nothing to threaten us with short of war and they aren't going to war over two diplomatic compounds.

Are they going to deny visas to their fraudulently purchased world cup? Make it more difficult for American businesses to buy their oil and gas we don't need? I cannot think of a single thing that America needs through or from Russia that would possibly put any pressure on us the way ours do on them.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pook Good Mook posted:

Seriously, Russia has nothing to threaten us with short of war and they aren't going to war over two diplomatic compounds.

Are they going to deny visas to their fraudulently purchased world cup? Make it more difficult for American businesses to buy their oil and gas we don't need? I cannot think of a single thing that America needs through or from Russia that would possibly put any pressure on us the way ours do on them.

friend, you know exactly what they are threatening.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Blackmail.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pook Good Mook posted:

Kompromat.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Jay Sekulow is a smarmy looking mother fucker.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

The Glumslinger posted:

Making the remaining states actually do medicaid expansion is a pretty good, realistic goal

Single payer would also be very, very good, though I personally feel like it would be way more difficult than many in this thread. Nothing about it being too expensive, I just think the roll out would be way too difficult to do properly, and result in an ever larger backlash than the ACA caused.

Personally, I think the democrat ACA2.0 should basically just look a lot like the Bill that passed the House, medicaid expansion in all states and buy-in medicare (except don't limit it to people over 40). My personal opinion is that a well run public option will smother private insurers rather quickly, but slowly enough to have far less political blowback.

The advantage of rolling out the Medicaid expansion is you don't even need new legislation, you just need to pressure the poo poo out of the states/governors and Kansas shows that you could flip the redder states. The other stuff is a longer term objective, flipping some more states into the expansion could be done before 2018 mid terms and thus is a more practicable 'next step'.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The Glumslinger posted:

This is definitely a sensible way forward; I won't say it's necessarily the best (i'm not a smart enough guy to judge what that would be) but I can see the merits of doing it the way you outline. I want UHC in some capacity but a working 50-state public option would be a good enough step on the road that I could at least personally support it, though I'd want to see a lot of serious work done to assess whether single-payer could actually A) win the needed votes to actually get Dems in enough necessary positions to pass the thing and B) be implemented well enough to weather the blowback. If either seems to be a no, then yeah your plan would be an acceptable one. (e; to clarify I mean all 50 states having a public option, not a single one covering all 50 states)

empty whippet box posted:

How can clinton be having scandals if she doesn't hold any public office and hasn't done anything but occasionally tweet? What scandals are they saying are ongoing and urgent enough to be their lead story in primetime? Jesus christ

Uhhhhh she said she wanted to get stuff done in the political realm and not just be in the kitchen baking cookies?

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

No, they are threatening to invade it.

Like they did on House of Cards.

God why do I keep watching that dumb loving show.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What would Obama have done if the Russians were threatening him via twitter, I wonder?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

lol you're giving them way too much credit. Trump campaigned on a healthcare plan where "no one would die in the street." They aren't open about it at all, they lie through their teeth.

I remember Ted Cruz being offended by that. Saying something like "is this the Democrat debate?"
So he's honest about it at least.

Covok
May 27, 2013

sitchensis posted:

No, they are threatening to invade it.

Like they did on House of Cards.

God why do I keep watching that dumb loving show.

You can't invade Antartica. No one owns it. R-right?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

Garrison's not even worth getting angry over anymore. He takes commissions from all these alt-right fingerpointers to draw them as herculean ubermasculine phallus-avatars owning the hell out of the stupid uninformed weeping libs. But there is usually a gigantic - more than you ever wanted no stop please - diatribe describing his work. It must take so much energy to do all that. For a comic. I just thought that there's no point matching this titmouse in kind. Turns out I was right.

I really actually respect his art style clean lines, strong colors, no confusion visually - it would make for a good animated cartoon I think, but he's your racist uncle! SO-

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

No,to take away two US government facilities in Moscow, FWIW.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

Presumably seize US property in Russia that is believed to be used for espionage?

That is what everyone expected they do in the first place. The surprise was that they didn't.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

nine-gear crow posted:

He's one of those paradoxical people who's a good drawer, but a lovely artist. ...And a lovely person too, but whatever. His comics are a fascinating peek inside the right-wing bubble because they're basically like "THIS IS HOW CONSERVATIVES REALLY BELIEVE THINGS ARE GOING" snapshots for the rest of us living in the real world.

Yeah the subject matter doesn't piss me off any more than I get angry about how a talking cat in a can't be real. There's just something about the drawings though that really grates on me and the best I can explain it is to compare it to the intentionally over-labeled, badly-caricatured "this is how you should feel!" cartoons of Kelly.

For fucks sake his "caricature" of CNN is a body with a CNN logo for a head. I know conservative "humor" is generally awful low effort poo poo but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Shifty Pony posted:

Yeah the subject matter doesn't piss me off any more than I get angry about how a talking cat in a can't be real.

You risk much, friend.

e-misread you. You broke a calvinball rule for making me look foolish.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 19, 2017

• Locked thread