Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"Get Your Kitsch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cattle Futures

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Suck it, chinless.

also

Ben Garrison posted:

The hat fits and he’s wearing it

Trump took off the cosplay hat literally five seconds after putting it on, looking uncomfortable the entire photo op.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 18, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Did a little looking around and Garrison's description of his dad explains some things.

quote:

My dad (a Pearl Harbor attack survivor) was a career Navy Master Chief, and so we were always on the move. Even after he retired from the Navy in the mid 1960s, we kept moving. He was never happy staying in one place for too long. I have some good memories of San Diego, a horse ranch in Idaho, the Oregon coast and Bremerton, Washington. After he retired, we all moved to San Angelo Texas. Dad was a big, strong man who believed ‘might makes right.’ He was also an atheist. He didn’t know how to be a father and he treated us kids like his crew. He liked to bark out orders at us and there was hell to pay if we didn’t instantly do as we were told. He could also peel paint with his cursing. For him, it was an art form. He was a heavy drinker and could turn mean on a dime. He was the most pessimistic, negative man I’ve ever known. He did teach me how to fish and he liked to go camping. We all grew up appreciating the outdoors. He also taught us kids gun safety. My mom was his polar opposite. She was always kind, encouraging and optimistic. She also was an artist and I got what talent I have from her. I started drawing cartoons when I was in the 5th grade.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"I honor my mother's role in me becoming an artist by hating most women."

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Dad was a big, strong man who believed ‘might makes right.’.. He didn’t know how to be a father and he treated us kids like his crew. He liked to bark out orders at us and there was hell to pay if we didn’t instantly do as we were told. 
:thunk:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"He could also peel paint with his cursing. For him, it was an art form."

OBSCENITY! OUTBURST! FORNICATION!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Is it parenting derail o'clock already? :thunk:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Note that Garrison has taken the criticisms on board about how his unrealistic standards for Trump's beauty. Look at that neck fat!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Has Trump done anything with TPP or trade deals?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

thinkin' bout thos dark clouds looming on the horizon :thunk:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
god I knew Garrison would love Trump putting that loving hat on

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Technowolf posted:

Yeah, he's started talking about creating a new trade deal that sounds suspiciously like TPP.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Klaus88 posted:

Is it parenting derail o'clock already? :thunk:
The :thunk: was at how much that sounds like a certain father Garrison is a big fan of, if that wasn't clear.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

sexpig by night posted:

god I knew Garrison would love Trump putting that loving hat on

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Technowolf posted:

I'm fairly confident that he's ceded the foundational stake of control of the coming pacific trade alliance to the Chinese.

Outside that, he did violate the establishment clause with a travel moratorium that any person literate enough to read Trump's own words can see is based on glaring religious animus. That's pretty much it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Potato Salad posted:

I'm fairly confident that he's ceded the foundational stake of control of the coming pacific trade alliance to the Chinese.

Outside that, he did violate the establishment clause with a travel moratorium that any person literate enough to read Trump's own words can see is based on glaring religious animus. That's pretty much it.

Japan and Korea. China is specifically not a member of TPP because its geopolitical purpose was to undermine Chinese regional dominance.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ikanreed posted:

Japan and Korea. China is specifically not a member of TPP because its geopolitical purpose was to undermine Chinese regional dominance.

That's what Potato Salad is saying.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
When Garrison finally falls of the Trump Wagon it will be a GLORIOUS breakup

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Spiffster posted:

When Garrison finally falls of the Trump Wagon it will be a GLORIOUS breakup

Garrison is absolutely riding the Trump Wagon all the way to hell.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

GyroNinja posted:

Let a goon dream will ya :munch:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

GyroNinja posted:

A literal mouth of hell opening up and sucking in Trump and Garrison would be the greatest way to break me out of atheism.:choco:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

duz posted:

Yeah, he's started talking

The general extent of most things he does

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Mr. Vile posted:

And me with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side...

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

I saw the word "Wall" on one of the cattle and assumed it said "Wall Street" and Garrison was giving Trump credit for stock prices. Then I realized he's just talking about the border wall. In what universe has Trump accomplished anything on that front?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jurgan posted:

I saw the word "Wall" on one of the cattle and assumed it said "Wall Street" and Garrison was giving Trump credit for stock prices. Then I realized he's just talking about the border wall. In what universe has Trump accomplished anything on that front?

Ben Garrison is crazy but he is also a conman, much like Trump himself.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I couldn't help but notice that there were only bulls on his ranch, no lady cows. So, uh, I'm no livestock guy, I've only ever raised rabbits and that was back when I was a kid, but, isn't having ONLY one gender not good for business? I mean, it isn't much of a ranch if you aren't able to produce your own cattle, I would think.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
From the Trump lol thread

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

wtf is that even supposed to mean?

huh

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Turtlicious posted:

https://legiscan.com/US/bill/HB2796/2017

I feel like there's gonna be a Dr. Who reference with this new bill somehow mixed in.

Oh god this is literally making me sick to my stomach.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

"All, you say?" :smugdon:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sooner or later every Libertarian realizes that they have to choose between loving corporations and loving democracy.

And judging by Stantis/Allie's decision to represent democratic elections as a terrifying monstrous beast, well

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I have no sympathy, you hack. You chose an orange buffoon as your candidate and repealing the ACA as your hill to die on. If the GOP loses as badly as it appears now, it'll be because of its base's own arrogance and self-righteousness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GyroNinja posted:

I genuinely think Garrison is just pandering to his niche. All his most notable cartoons from before Trump swerved into the spotlight were commissions, and he's been deliberately incorporating elements and covering topics that he knows his idiotic internet alt-righter fans love. I'm not saying he's some kind of secret mega-troll leftist, but I doubt what he actually thinks about Trump is top priority when he draws up a new cartoon. Like, can you imagine how much money he'd lose overnight if he just made a cartoon calling Trump a stupid piece of poo poo?

So it's never going to happen, because it wouldn't make any sense for him to do so.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Lurdiak posted:

I genuinely think Garrison is just pandering to his niche. All his most notable cartoons from before Trump swerved into the spotlight were commissions, and he's been deliberately incorporating elements and covering topics that he knows his idiotic internet alt-righter fans love. I'm not saying he's some kind of secret mega-troll leftist, but I doubt what he actually thinks about Trump is top priority when he draws up a new cartoon. Like, can you imagine how much money he'd lose overnight if he just made a cartoon calling Trump a stupid piece of poo poo?

So it's never going to happen, because it wouldn't make any sense for him to do so.

He made that one cartoon critical of Trump's Tomahawk barrage of that one Syrian/Russian airfield and apparently that already made people unsubscribe from his patreon and send angry messages to him

He had to tweet multiple justifying/placating tweets aftewards, I don't think he'll dare criticize Trump again

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

As someone who likes to wear boots, I would probably wear these if it weren't for the brand and how high it goes. I've got some seriously thick calves.

Also, I don't like oppressing people.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Don't do it Zelda, it's gonna end with a heart disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trogdos! posted:

He made that one cartoon critical of Trump's Tomahawk barrage of that one Syrian/Russian airfield and apparently that already made people unsubscribe from his patreon and send angry messages to him

He had to tweet multiple justifying/placating tweets aftewards, I don't think he'll dare criticize Trump again

Yeah, and even that was him misreading the room and thinking the people who claimed to back Trump for his isolationist/non-interventionist discourse cared more about that than hating on the left and minorities.

• Locked thread