Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FizFashizzle posted:

Important note: get your diabetes under control, goons.

I would say please ignore this advice so my wife has plenty of work but lol she's never going to run out so yes please keep in shape as much as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/887621635087507456

It is hard out there for a Trump

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm kind of shocked this hasn't been a bigger story. I get why the right is staying quiet about it (can't use the "follow instructions be respectful" canard, can't go full racist on the officer without undermining blue lives matter), but there hasn't been much from the left either, and I'm not sure why. I guess it could be deep down people know if they push this story they likely could get a murder conviction of the black immigrant Muslim officer, but the next white officer that kills an unarmed black man will still get off scot free and no one wants to deal with that.

It's probably naively optimistic to hope that a murder conviction in this case would give a precedent to the same happening the next time it's an unarmed black man as the victim, but the officer in question should still go to jail here because WTF... Firing multiple rounds at a person just approaching your vehicle, come on. If this slides, the police are officially in paramilitary territory and not community protection (as opposed to unofficially).

Oh and lol at "loud noise." That's even lamer than "reached for my gun."

Much like police, dogs are startled by fireworks, have a very poor sense of right and wrong, but are very good at looking ashamed when they get in trouble.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm kind of shocked this hasn't been a bigger story. I get why the right is staying quiet about it (can't use the "follow instructions be respectful" canard, can't go full racist on the officer without undermining blue lives matter), but there hasn't been much from the left either, and I'm not sure why. I guess it could be deep down people know if they push this story they likely could get a murder conviction of the black immigrant Muslim officer, but the next white officer that kills an unarmed black man will still get off scot free and no one wants to deal with that.

It's probably naively optimistic to hope that a murder conviction in this case would give a precedent to the same happening the next time it's an unarmed black man as the victim, but the officer in question should still go to jail here because WTF... Firing multiple rounds at a person just approaching your vehicle, come on. If this slides, the police are officially in paramilitary territory and not community protection (as opposed to unofficially).

Oh and lol at "loud noise." That's even lamer than "reached for my gun."

There's not much to say, because we don't have that much data.

From what has been exposed, this is manslaughter if not murder. At minimum, any officer dumb enough to shoot across his partner's lap at a non-threatening member of the public is a disgrace to his profession and honestly did not have the temperment to have ever been carrying a gun in the public trust in the first place.

However, the shooter is refusing (via his lawyer) to make a statement to investigators, and there weren't any witnesses other than those involved.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress is Eric even doing?

Begging hotels not to take the trump name off?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Apologies if this was discussed before, but...

:siren: Donald Trump's Russia connection apparently goes back 32 years, to 1984.. :siren:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

skeleton warrior posted:

Interesting poll I just read some stuff about : https://medium.com/echelon-indicato...al-862b43380095

Want to know the number of people completely given in to partisanism?

Support for the border wall drops 12 points if it has solar panels on it.

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

As a country, we deserved this.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How many points does it gain if they put smokestacks on it?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Quorum posted:

Neither of the two was completely wrong, actually. Obama's aversion to doing stupid poo poo was definitely refreshing after the military adventurism of W, but Clinton's insistence that there be broader, consistent guiding principles to the administration's foreign policy and her frustration with what seems to be at times a primarily reactive policy agenda are both very real criticisms of Obama's approach.

Yeah, it's kinda disingenuous to claim that criticising 'not doing stupid poo poo' as the basis of policy means you want to do stupid poo poo. Actual Hillary quote:

quote:

HRC: Well, that’s because most Americans think of engagement and go immediately to military engagement. That’s why I use the phrase “smart power.” I did it deliberately because I thought we had to have another way of talking about American engagement, other than unilateralism and the so-called boots on the ground.

You know, when you’re down on yourself, and when you are hunkering down and pulling back, you’re not going to make any better decisions than when you were aggressively, belligerently putting yourself forward. One issue is that we don’t even tell our own story very well these days.

JG: I think that defeating fascism and communism is a pretty big deal.

HRC: That’s how I feel! Maybe this is old-fashioned. Okay, I feel that this might be an old-fashioned idea—but I’m about to find out, in more ways than one.

Great nations need organizing principles, and “Don’t do stupid stuff” is not an organizing principle. It may be a necessary brake on the actions you might take in order to promote a vision.

JG: So why do you think the president went out of his way to suggest recently that that this is his foreign policy in a nutshell?

HRC: I think he was trying to communicate to the American people that he’s not going to do something crazy. I’ve sat in too many rooms with the president. He’s thoughtful, he’s incredibly smart, and able to analyze a lot of different factors that are all moving at the same time. I think he is cautious because he knows what he inherited, both the two wars and the economic front, and he has expended a lot of capital and energy trying to pull us out of the hole we’re in.

So I think that that’s a political message. It’s not his worldview, if that makes sense to you.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 19, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We've always been at war with Eurasia.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Liquid Communism posted:

From what has been exposed, this is manslaughter if not murder. At minimum, any officer dumb enough to shoot across his partner's lap at a non-threatening member of the public is a disgrace to his profession and honestly did not have the temperment to have ever been carrying a gun in the public trust in the first place.

However, the shooter is refusing (via his lawyer) to make a statement to investigators, and there weren't any witnesses other than those involved.

SO far it sounds like the BEST explanation is "desk pop".

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Wasn't it around that time the whole Cold War thing jumped the shark?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FizFashizzle posted:

What the gently caress is Eric even doing?

Begging hotels not to take the trump name off?

Angry that daddy isn't letting them kill leopards in animal sanctuaries or just shooting up zoos.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

He sounds like a standard-issue piece of poo poo for a police officer:

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...1ca3d8f4bc7df91

"“The current environment for police is difficult but Officer Noor accepts this as part of his calling,” Plunkett said."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Fangz posted:

Yeah, it's kinda disingenuous to claim that criticising 'not doing stupid poo poo' as the basis of policy means you want to do stupid poo poo.

It also doesn't mean you can tell stupid poo poo from non stupid poo poo.

Let's give Hillary a test: some idiot coke-addicted ex frat boy becomes President and he fills the government with Liberty grad morons and asks for permission to invade a random country based on vague evidence while his administration illegally retaliates against anyone who objects. Do you (a): oh poo poo she's already slamming the war button

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Avirosb posted:

Not really. The SU didn't start reforms until Gorbachev, and he first took office in 85.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Avirosb posted:

Nah, you're between six and eight years early. 1984 was basically Peak 80's. Back to the Future came out the next year, in 1985.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crabtree posted:

Angry that daddy isn't letting them kill leopards in animal sanctuaries or just shooting up zoos.

Probably. He's mad he now has to think about the political ramifications instead of just being able to do whatever rich person thing he wants to do with whoever he wants to do it with.

He's under USSS protection too right? That apparently is a real pain in the rear end and even can get in the way of activities that people take for granted like deciding last minute to got out for dinner.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Wah Wah Wah, Donald Trump
He's my little pal
Ivanka is his gal
In his tailored suit
Gee I think he's cute

I like the way he waddles
And I like to hear him talk
And when somebody makes him mad
Wah Wah Wah, how he can squawk

Cocky as can be
Here's what he taught me
If someone gets you down
Tweet-storm back at them

We're so hosed with Donald Trump...
WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-j8D_nwaFs&t=31s

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Eh maybe that was too long ago. Let's try a new test.

An idiot celebrity that you spent six months criticizing as an unstable maniac who can't be trusted with the military or the nuclear codes starts shooting off missiles, do you--whoops she's already on TV gushing about how great it is

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I love that the absence of something in this cartoon is represented by a cow.

Also, that SCOTUS cow has Obamas brand on it. This guy's a dern cattle rustler!

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah who was that on chris matthews yesterday, some representative who was also a doctor?

Yeah, I really wish Chris had gone after him on that instead of "yeah we get that it's a responsibility but is it a right?"...it's like, you've got him ordering the code red Chris, please pay attention.

This brings up another tangent but watching Chris Wallace dismantle Sekulow really made me appreciate how nice it is having an interviewer who has done his homework and that can think on his feet. So many of the guys on MSNBC and CNN seem like there's this delay while they try to parse what the producer in their ear is telling them, and they're always kind of a half step behind.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
They pay people to help them pretend they're big game hunters, they steal on invoice and bribe local officials so they can pretend they're developers, they grift charity to pretend they're decent, and now they got a country that's so deep in pretense itself that it'd let them pretend they're governing.

There is nothing in these people but pretense.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Randbrick posted:

They pay people to help them pretend they're big game hunters, they steal on invoice and bribe local officials so they can pretend they're developers, they grift charity to pretend they're decent, and now they got a country that's so deep in pretense itself that it'd let them pretend they're governing.

One might say they're pretentious.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Randbrick posted:

I almost feel bad for their hollow existence.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
SHARING THIS TWEET FOR HUMOROUS PURPOSES ONLY

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/887641703817121793

The following tweet however is deadly serious.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/887654816507408384

farraday fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 19, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hell, I'm for it. What is espionage?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

farraday posted:

SHARING THIS TWEET FOR HUMOROUS PURPOSES ONLY

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/887641703817121793

The following tweet however is deadly serious.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/887654816507408384

Love too scream death.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

I saw the press secretary version of this at the top of the page when checking Twitter and it was actually enough to set off my "Is this real?" radar, which has been dormant since January.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

To be fair, that's true for a lot of people who lived in NYC their whole lives, not just rich weirdos.

Hillary can’t drive. Bill probably can’t. They’ve had drivers since he was governor, so there’s been no reason to. I doubt George H.W. has driven any in the last 30+ years. It’s a thing when you reach governor-level and higher.

Reagan knew how to drive because he’d tool around on his ranch in his Subaru Brat. I have no idea when he last drove on an open road.

George Bush drove that tiny car with Putin.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Cry "Havoc!", and let slip the dogs of healthcare

e but what the hell does "get better at lunchtime" mean to this senile clown? Or is he just making a general point that lunch makes everything a little better

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Krispy Kareem posted:

Hillary can’t drive. Bill probably can’t. They’ve had drivers since he was governor, so there’s been no reason to. I doubt George H.W. has driven any in the last 30+ years. It’s a thing when you reach governor-level and higher.

Reagan knew how to drive because he’d tool around on his ranch in his Subaru Brat. I have no idea when he last drove on an open road.

George Bush drove that tiny car with Putin.

Obama drove around the WH lawn with Jerry Seinfeld

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chilichimp posted:

Hell, I'm for it. What is espionage?

The next in the series of words, following "emoluments" and "collusion", for the right to suddenly have to look up the meaning of and immediately accuse Democrats of doing

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Accidental poetry.

The Republicans never discuss
How good their healthcare bill is
It will get even better at lunchtime
The Dems scream death
As OCare dies!

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

WampaLord posted:

To be fair, that's true for a lot of people who lived in NYC their whole lives, not just rich weirdos.

Yeah, I knew guys l when we lived in Manhattan that had kind of a weird source of pride around never having had a driver's license. The whole "I've got a fear of bridges" :smug:ness of those that never leave the island.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Xombie posted:

Accidental poetry.

The Republicans never discuss
How good their healthcare bill is
It will get even better at lunchtime
The Dems scream death
As OCare dies!
Huh. Now I'm imagining a whole Shakespearean play done purely with Trump tweets (the ones that are most poetic).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i am forever screaming death

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Screaming Death is the name of my nu-metal band

As OCare Dies is the name of my post-ironic shoegaze band

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What does "it will even get better at lunchtime" even mean?

The dems scream death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

canepazzo posted:

What does "it will even get better at lunchtime" even mean?

The dems scream death!
I think they literally put the bill in a jar of brine.

• Locked thread