Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

canepazzo posted:

What does "it will even get better at lunchtime" even mean?

The dems scream death!

The Republican Senators are having lunch at the White House. Trump seems to think that his presence will cause them to spontaneously agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

canepazzo posted:

The dems scream death!

Lunchtime is when they ate the Republican healthcare bill.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

VitalSigns posted:

It also doesn't mean you can tell stupid poo poo from non stupid poo poo.

Let's give Hillary a test: some idiot coke-addicted ex frat boy becomes President and he fills the government with Liberty grad morons and asks for permission to invade a random country based on vague evidence while his administration illegally retaliates against anyone who objects. Do you (a): oh poo poo she's already slamming the war button

Whether you like Hillary or her decisions, it's an accurate critique. Nobody who voted for the Iraq war thought it was stupid. "Don't do stupid poo poo" means nothing more than "trust me, I'm smart". (The problem is that that critique applies to HRC as well...)

Fangz fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 19, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shifty Pony posted:

Probably. He's mad he now has to think about the political ramifications instead of just being able to do whatever rich person thing he wants to do with whoever he wants to do it with.

He's under USSS protection too right? That apparently is a real pain in the rear end and even can get in the way of activities that people take for granted like deciding last minute to got out for dinner.

This is what you dipshits wanted and sold out to Russia to get, maybe you should have done the teeniest bit of research or actually made sure you lost so you could ride out the outrage to profits.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

I think they literally put the bill in a jar of brine.

a grode jar of brine, maybe.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Trump is ""inviting"" all the Senate Republicans to a luncheon at the White House to discuss their failure to carry out trumps wishes. So I assume he is claiming that this lunch will bring about a better plan, somehow, instead of the reality, which is that it will be Trump screaming at a roomful of a red-faced people for an hour.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

canepazzo posted:

The dems scream death!

Use your AHCA policy to get a free ranch dressing packet between 10 AM and 2 PM with any meal at participating restaurants.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

canepazzo posted:

The bill is hangry, it'll feel better after it eats something.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887659516543848448

Not bad but still a huge fan of "The Emperor has no Close"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887659516543848448

Not bad but still a huge fan of "The Emperor has no Close"

Why not go one further and say Derp of a Salesman?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lol, 6 months down, only 42 more to go boys

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I keep thinking about it, but if the State Department continues to collapse, how many countries are gonna be like "Yeah we just kept up the illusion of democracy for the sake of the Western world, but lol, look at that tire fire over there, they don't care anymore, we're a one party state" like I dunno Madagascar or something which has had rigged elections for decades

Oxxidation posted:

Screaming Death is the name of my nu-metal band

As OCare Dies is the name of my post-ironic shoegaze band

It Will Get Even Better At Lunchtime the Dems Scream Death as OCare Dies is my postrock band.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"the Dems scream death" sounds like a line from a 15 year old goth girl's awful poetry if she decided to get political.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 19, 2017

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Your Taint posted:

"the Dems scream death" sounds like a line from a 15 year old got girls awful poetry if she decided to get political.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCAbBnWm4LM

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The Dems scream, Obamacare goes on, unliving yet never yielding to the death I keep inflicting upon its dark continence. Fake News continues.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I LOVE THE SMELL OF DEATH AT LUNCHTIME

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I really hope one of the senators just snaps and chews Trump out to his face in front of a room full of people.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

People really need to stop giving Louise Mensch a platform. Not that long ago she was tweeting about FISA issuing arrest warrants, except that FISA does not have that authority or would be involved in the Russia thing like that

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/887495792658960384

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

THE WASTE LAND

I. THE DEMS SCREAM DEATH
OCARE is the cruelest bill, breeding
failure out of the dead law, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with yellow rain.

The pee tape is real.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah who was that on chris matthews yesterday, some representative who was also a doctor?

Matthews straight up asked "is being healthy a right" and the guy responded "they don't have a right to my expertise and experience" which you'd think be hard to reconcile with the hippocratic oath

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
A haiku:

POTUS poetry
"The Dems scream death. Covfefe"
Fake news media

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Wasn't that a plot point on House of Cards S1?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does he think the repeal will still happen?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And the bill died screaming
While I lay tweeting at you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dems have no mouth, yet they must scream! Sad.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mango sentinel posted:

I really hope one of the senators just snaps and chews Trump out to his face in front of a room full of people.

We'll know this happened if he attacks a random senator with a tweet storm.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

POOR BABIES!!!!!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Hannity for Congress!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Debate & Discussion › Trump Thread II: post itt every time you scream death that trump is president

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

haveblue posted:

:discourse:

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/887661543852212224

:laugh: I feel like they're just brilliantly trolling Trump at this point.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Good idea. Let's waterboard Sean in the same room and kill 2 birds.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

business hammocks posted:

Does he think the repeal will still happen?

He thinks that any of his failures can be rectified by being enough of a bully or creep to people.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The Dems scream

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Every single one of his viewers are still going to vote straight-ticket Republican until they die, I guess. It's not like people abandon their beliefs due to something like this.

I know that people don't actually abandon their beliefs because of this. Allow me a moment of fantasy, at least

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

haveblue posted:

I wanted to do the Tom Waits reference but couldn't figure it out. Nice.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Kubrick posted:

I have no idea how the political climate in this country gets unfucked.

Its really something that we no longer agree on actual reality. It's scary but also interesting.

I think it can only be undone the way it was done. It's like a slow unwinding of unreality, because it was a slow creation of unreality in the first place. How that's done I have no idea. You can't just outright say "wrong!" I've seen it in a few friends who had weird beliefs pushed in them from their parents. It takes a long time of slowly being allowed to change your mind because of reasons. No matter the reason, or how silly, let them have that reason. Then years later when they're finally deprogrammed they can admit, woah, I was crazy. But it takes time and not telling them they're wrong. What hopefully happens is Trump does something egregious enough that people can use that as a reason to change their mind. It won't be that he's been crazy and lying all along - no no no. Trump was fine, but you know then he did *insert thing that crosses line*. Then years later (just like Bush) they can admit they got caught up in something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kekekela posted:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/887661543852212224

:laugh: I feel like they're just brilliantly trolling Trump at this point.

Maybe they finally sense which way the wind is blowing...

• Locked thread