Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

I just got kicked from a static raid group for being a straight white male. does this fall under TOS or EULA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The NCAA.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pikavangelist posted:

I just got kicked from a static raid group for being a straight white male. does this fall under TOS or EULA?

I was not aware Exdeath Savage had a mechanic that requires you to reveal your gender, race and sexual orientation. They're really going all out with these new gimmicks.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The progression of Long Drop from "whoa what the hell was that" to "I think this is how it works?" to "yeah we did it right!" was almost as good as actually beating O2S. Which was in turn almost as good as our single pull visit to O3S and having 6/8 party members murdered by not-Protean Wave.

Also, if the game keeps throwing crit/DH gear at me at this rate, I should probably ask: is there a skill speed floor I should be concerned about staying above as a SAM?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

inferis posted:

Really enjoyed those last two ARR dungeons where I watched a string of cutscenes one after another while getting in 0 boss battles because everything is dead by the time the cutscenes are done.

Such a lesson was learned with Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium that literally nothing else in the entire game is like them. You just gotta forgive and move on.

Also, from a few pages back, I want Kingdom Hearts bosses. Bring me a raid tier that is 4 Xehanorts.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The final HW dungeon is still a cutscene offender, for having that cutscene gap between what should just be phases of the same boss.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
despite being only weeks behind, PBC is once again the premier goon FC on Excalibur

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

dogsicle posted:

The final HW dungeon is still a cutscene offender, for having that cutscene gap between what should just be phases of the same boss.

Nah that cutscene is neat and super short and anyone who pulls while a new player is watching it is a certified rear end in a top hat.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

ImpAtom posted:

I was not aware Exdeath Savage had a mechanic that requires you to reveal your gender, race and sexual orientation. They're really going all out with these new gimmicks.

I'm just glad the OF can still offer this unending bounty of shitposts.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

How do people play scholar, just leave fairies on sic? I don't want to manage their abilities, is that okay?

Shy fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 19, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Being on Obey is fine since it'll cast the normal cure on it's own and you'll want to use their cooldown abilities yourself anyway.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Ciaphas posted:

Even though I'll almost certainly never see most of Savage anything for myself it is somehow heartening to hear this :shobon:

I just want to say that your dps is Real Good after the omega run tonight and Naheo and I thought you might be a good spare for our static if you're interested

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I just want to say that your dps is Real Good after the omega run tonight and Naheo and I thought you might be a good spare for our static if you're interested

Appreciate it! I mostly don't have the time to put in though, what with variable work schedules. Whaddaya gonna do.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Ciaphas posted:

Appreciate it! I mostly don't have the time to put in though, what with variable work schedules. Whaddaya gonna do.

That's why we thought spare might work!

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Meiteron posted:

Halicarnassus: How many layers of mechanics are you on
Brute Justice: Like, five or six, my dude
Halicarnassus: You are like a little baby
Halicarnassus: watch this

funnily enough this is the easiest part of the fight

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thinking of returning to Stormblood since my friends have been saying good things about the story.

I play a Dragoon and I hate playing a Dragoon. I usually like melee DPS characters but I didn't enjoy Ninja and Monk too much either. What's the verdict on Samurai, is it fun to play?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Have we learned enough about the new stats to decide on builds? I'm trying to decide between three different raid setups for my WAR and need some second opinions.

Top = Det-heavy build because that stat was improved and DPS seem to value it over Crit.
Middle = Crit-heavy build in case the above is false.
Bottom = Jack-of-all-trades build that gives Ten a chance because apparently a lot of the Day 1 savage clearers melded a fuckton, but I'm not quite jumping on the bandwagon. (note that the numbers were altered after the pic was taken, it's 1055 SkS and clipped off some Ten)

And before anyone asks: the SkS is necessary. 1050+ is needed to do the new 7 cleave rotation. Theoretically it should be 1025, but that relies wholly on latency not having woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Cleared O1S

I'm a little astonished they made the fight so easy random pugs could clear on day one. O2S seems to be not that much harder apparently? Though O3S will stonewall pugs hard

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Well, it's not really a bad idea to have the first fight be relatively easy. If it's a brick wall most people will slam their heads against it for a while then shrug and never bother with savage raids again. It also gives a static group something to actually reward sticking together while they work on the later and presumably harder fights.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Which fairy is the good one? Selene for the 30s speed buff right?

How do people normally use emergency tactics? I saw that I can do a huge amount of aoe healing work by blowing an indom to push bars up, succor to stabilize them, and using emergency tactics succor to fill them the rest of the way. But I doubt I'll need that in dungeons much. Guess I can use it with adlo in place of a Lustrate to let me energy drain to give me more broil/miasma II juice?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Wow, what ugly baby won this complete joke of a tournament?

Oh! It's me!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FYI two different euro statics still need healers! My group goes on Monday/thursday at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST. The other group goes 3 days a week at what looks like the same time? Either way pm me here or post in the catgirl bargains Eurovision raid contest thread if you're interested!

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Shy posted:

How do people play scholar, just leave fairies on sic? I don't want to manage their abilities, is that okay?

no

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Xun posted:

FYI two different euro statics still need healers! My group goes on Monday/thursday at 18 UTC / 19 BST / 20 ETC / 21 EEST. The other group goes 3 days a week at what looks like the same time? Either way pm me here or post in the catgirl bargains Eurovision raid contest thread if you're interested!

The threads called '4 Static Fiesta' now to avoid any confusion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

dogsicle posted:

it was a secret extra boss phase unique to savage. plenty of people both in here and the game thought the exdeath minion was kind of a lame spoiler as well. i know people itt don't like fister but it's kinda ridiculous that this is being treated as some insane thing after a single post.

I like fister. He's good.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Stop posting how easy O1S is when our static group got it to 6% before enrage :mad:

Once we've killed it it is easy and only babies can't clear it hahahaha

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

wtf??

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Stop posting how easy O1S is when our static group got it to 6% before enrage :mad:

Same although the dragoon in our static was only pulling like 2.4k at best for some reason so we had to do it perfectly in theory to clear.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

He's a good dude that's done a lot of work to help gear up goons. He's a solid player that is always welcome in any party of mine because I can rely on him to not be an idiot.

A lot of people ITT get hung up on silly minutia or take things the wrong way, but a lot of the time players that people butt heads with in here are actually pretty decent in game.

Fister personally has done more good for goons in this game personally than the majority of posters in this thread. He's pulled millions out of his own pocket and ran the stormblood gearup collective. He's helped dozens upon dozens of goons get coil and savage clears.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's like that one xaela tribe that never speaks because all words are lies and only actions are truth except its all forum posting is lies and video game philanthropy is truth

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm new enough to the thread that I have no idea why these petty grudges exist, but yeah I've mostly seen people lose it at him just having an inoffensive opinion.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Hey that was with two pubbies though! I think we did p good all things considered

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

I've seen a couple of the world prog groups switch from SCH/x to WHM/AST comps for O4S. The healing requirement for that fight is absurd.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Xun posted:

Hey that was with two pubbies though! I think we did p good all things considered

That awful element lizard is going DOWN I can FEEL it

E: gives me time to sort out a glamour before we down it

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jul 19, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

Have we learned enough about the new stats to decide on builds? I'm trying to decide between three different raid setups for my WAR and need some second opinions.

Top = Det-heavy build because that stat was improved and DPS seem to value it over Crit.
Middle = Crit-heavy build in case the above is false.
Bottom = Jack-of-all-trades build that gives Ten a chance because apparently a lot of the Day 1 savage clearers melded a fuckton, but I'm not quite jumping on the bandwagon. (note that the numbers were altered after the pic was taken, it's 1055 SkS and clipped off some Ten)

And before anyone asks: the SkS is necessary. 1050+ is needed to do the new 7 cleave rotation. Theoretically it should be 1025, but that relies wholly on latency not having woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

If you are doing savage you may want the tenacity, otherwise direct hit gives you more damage than crit for any current stat levels a tank might have

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

ChaseSP posted:

Same although the dragoon in our static was only pulling like 2.4k at best for some reason so we had to do it perfectly in theory to clear.

One thing our DRG did that somehow got him like 500 dps bump was start fights with botd then spineshatter dive to get a mirage dive in asap. Hope that helps!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

My team saw him cast Flame at 2% and said "lol just burn it"

then we saw the orbs covering the whole arena and shifted to a panicked "holy poo poo burn it!"

Would've gotten a 2.0 clear too if Comcast lag didn't gently caress our AST and BRD.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Has there been math done and confirmed about what secondary stats tanks want to meld?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
When playing sch with another healer in the party are there unspoken rules about which healer does what? Sch has kinda weak aoe heals due to CDs on indomitability and emergency tactics so are you supposed to get the tank/ot and help out with indomitability and stuff when appropriate?

I never see healers discuss what role they're taking so I figure it must just be an obvious thing I don't see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Has there been math done and confirmed about what secondary stats tanks want to meld?

DH everywhere. Tenacity will be good once you can hit~2k, so a few patches i guess.