Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

a cock shaped fruit posted:

On the side of the slip off cover. Printed in white in a dot matrix-y way.

Man I must be blind or something. Still couldn't find it. I checked every part of the box, slip cover, and the box inside. Oh well, I got some pics of the broken part at least that I can send them if need be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

You might have miss this, but any model with CHARACTER keyword that also has the faction Keyword CHAOS can summon already.

I don't think that works the way people think it works because none of the CSM characters have the demonic ritual special rule.

Or it does work that way and I'm going to summon stuff in my imperium army with Cypher.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Naramyth posted:

I don't think that works the way people think it works because none of the CSM characters have the demonic ritual special rule.

Or it does work that way and I'm going to summon stuff in my imperium army with Cypher.

The latter. It's literally any character with the Chaos keyword.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
What do you think the odds of "Cypher can summon demons into a loyalist army" surviving the release of the CSM codex?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The latter. It's literally any character with the Chaos keyword.

That wording is under the "common to several chaos demon units" with Demonic, the four gods specific bonuses, then demonic ritual. Demonic Ritual is what grants summoning, and only units with the ability (so demons) have it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Naramyth posted:

That wording is under the "common to several chaos demon units" with Demonic, the four gods specific bonuses, then demonic ritual. Demonic Ritual is what grants summoning, and only units with the ability (so demons) have it.

No it isn't. Abilities (the heading under which the common stuff is) is in all caps and a larger font. The several common abilities are in mixed case in a smaller font. Then on the facing page, DEMONIC RITUAL is in all caps and large font. It's a separate heading.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

JoshTheStampede posted:

No it isn't. Abilities (the heading under which the common stuff is) is in all caps and a larger font. The several common abilities are in mixed case in a smaller font. Then on the facing page, DEMONIC RITUAL is in all caps and large font. It's a separate heading.

Yeah, you're in the wrong on this Naramyth. The rule is straight up "Any CHAOS CHARACTER"

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jul 19, 2017

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah, you're in the wrong on this Naramyth

I disagree with that because demonic ritual is an actual ability that only appears on demon units. Fonts/caps is an argument, but not as big of one as "most demons have this special ability (even if they aren't characters and it doesn't make sense)...."

Wait.

*reads*

You can only summon units that have ritual, not units need ritual to summon.

Whelp.

:saddowns:

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Yeah, it's brilliant. Nice and fluffy, it's like second ed. That Codex had an awesome description of Daemonic Possession in it.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Zuul the Cat posted:

Question about GW Customer Service - I ordered a box off eBay that was unopened and still shrink wrapped. When I opened it, one of the sprues was busted - the weapons on the mini were broken off and I couldn't find it in the box.

Will they send me out a replacement bit, or would I have to return it through eBay?

The noble lie means keeping your trap shut about where you bought it and instead showing photos of the factory defects.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Post 9-11 User posted:

The noble lie means keeping your trap shut about where you bought it and instead showing photos of the factory defects.

They don't actually care where you bought it, as long as its genuine. They were going to do the replacement for SOMEONE either way.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Post 9-11 User posted:

They actually responded to me that they'll be replacing it for me. They were pretty cool.

Re: Shapeways and 3D printed Icons. Here's an extreme close up of the Howling Griffons icons from Pop! Goes the Monkey.

On sprue:

Off sprue and cleaned:

The detail is pretty great for how small they are. They fit on the shoulder pads, so no one will ever see them with this much detail. From eye level, you can't even see all those grooves. They really do look great.

Edit: I'll paint one up and slap it on one of my guys soon.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Milotic posted:

Yeah, it's brilliant. Nice and fluffy, it's like second ed. That Codex had an awesome description of Daemonic Possession in it.

Yeah it's a great way to do the rule for summoning and future-proofs it for future stuff like Renegades & Heretics or Dark Mechanicus if they ever get their own army.

Still wish Possession was an upgrade for Chaos Marines but now I'm just hoping for possessed that aren't total trash.

Though I kind of don't care as long as berserkers continue to own this hard

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/19/chapter-focus-salamanders-july19gw-homepage-post-3/

Salamander focus. Most interesting bit to me was the blurb about aggressors, indicating they'll have actual build options. And also that they shoot twice if they don't move?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

bonds0097 posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/19/chapter-focus-salamanders-july19gw-homepage-post-3/

Salamander focus. Most interesting bit to me was the blurb about aggressors, indicating they'll have actual build options. And also that they shoot twice if they don't move?

And that the Salamanders Warlord trait and relic give +1 Str and +1 T, though not clear which is which. My guess is the relic is a salamander cloak and gives T.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

JoshTheStampede posted:

And that the Salamanders Warlord trait and relic give +1 Str and +1 T, though not clear which is which. My guess is the relic is a salamander cloak and gives T.

The gravis captain with underslung flamer in the artwork looks cool, would be neat if that's an actual wargear option down the line.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

bonds0097 posted:

The gravis captain with underslung flamer in the artwork looks cool, would be neat if that's an actual wargear option down the line.

This could also be an Aggressor with a Flamestorm Gauntlet, since those are...things now.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wonder what Flamecraft will do. Extra range for flamer weapons would be pretty devastating, but that's wishful thinking.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder what Flamecraft will do. Extra range for flamer weapons would be pretty devastating, but that's wishful thinking.

Roll two dice pick the highest for number of shots, maybe?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

TwingeCrag posted:

This could also be an Aggressor with a Flamestorm Gauntlet, since those are...things now.

Oh, duh. That makes more sense. The black helmet threw me off, made me think Captain or something.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

bonds0097 posted:

Oh, duh. That makes more sense. The black helmet threw me off, made me think Captain or something.

That's not a helmet...

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

SteelMentor posted:

That's not a helmet...

He's wearing a MK IV primaris style face-mask, i.e. the lower part of the new primaris helmets, and it is in fact black or at least much darker than the rest of the armor.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Playing a game later today against an unknown army. Its' with a guy who just moved to the area from Nottingham and is trying to meet people to play with. I'm taking a pure Mars Adeptus Mechanicus force, 1250 point limit.

HQ:
Belisarius Cawl & Tech-Priest Dominus (Eradication Ray, Macrostubber)

Troops:
2 3-man Kataphron Destroyer Units (Heavy Grav Cannons, Phosphor Blasters)
10 man Skitarii Vanguard Squad (Arc Rifle, Plasma Caliver, Vanguard Alpha with Power Sword and Radium Pistol)

Heavy:
Onager Dune Crawler (Neutron Laser and Heavy Stubber, Cognis Heavy Stubber, Broad Spectrum Data-tether)
Onager Dune Crawler (Icarus Array, Cognis Heavy Stubber, Broad Spectrum Data-tether)

I'm thinking of running them in a block like this:

This is my first time running the heavy grav since the update, but i think 5 guaranteed S5 shots is better than rolling D6's with the Plasma Culverins.

I think a major problem I have is I spread my army out too much, and they get cut down easily and are not able to get benefits from the aura's of the HQs. I think with this block, i'll be able to do A.) re-roll all failed hit rolls thanks to cawl, B.) heal the poo poo out of both my dune crawlers and the Destroyers.

Cawl being dead center there is perfect because it extends his aura all the way around to all the units.

Should i switch up the deployment so that all the destroyers are on one side and the vanguard on the other, and put the Dunecrawlers up front to absorb attacks? They'll have a 5+ invulnerable save.

Lupercalcalcal
Jan 28, 2016

Suck a dick, dumb shits

Zuul the Cat posted:

Playing a game later today against an unknown army. Its' with a guy who just moved to the area from Nottingham and is trying to meet people to play with.

If he plays Grey Knights tell him I said hi!

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Any Goons in southern AZ want to get together for some games of 8th?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

loving :suspense:

This is incredible.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nifara posted:

If he plays Grey Knights tell him I said hi!

Are you guys both in Southern California?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Are you guys both in Southern California?

Imagine moving from California to Nottingham

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
What's the best way to get imperial guard plasmaguns? Fine with third party stuff.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 19, 2017

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

Imagine moving from California to Nottingham

Oh I get it. :downs:

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Is there significance to who gets thorn vines painted onto Biel-Tan units and vehicles?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Zuul the Cat posted:

Playing a game later today against an unknown army. Its' with a guy who just moved to the area from Nottingham and is trying to meet people to play with. I'm taking a pure Mars Adeptus Mechanicus force, 1250 point limit.

HQ:
Belisarius Cawl & Tech-Priest Dominus (Eradication Ray, Macrostubber)

Troops:
2 3-man Kataphron Destroyer Units (Heavy Grav Cannons, Phosphor Blasters)
10 man Skitarii Vanguard Squad (Arc Rifle, Plasma Caliver, Vanguard Alpha with Power Sword and Radium Pistol)

Heavy:
Onager Dune Crawler (Neutron Laser and Heavy Stubber, Cognis Heavy Stubber, Broad Spectrum Data-tether)
Onager Dune Crawler (Icarus Array, Cognis Heavy Stubber, Broad Spectrum Data-tether)

I'm thinking of running them in a block like this:

This is my first time running the heavy grav since the update, but i think 5 guaranteed S5 shots is better than rolling D6's with the Plasma Culverins.

I think a major problem I have is I spread my army out too much, and they get cut down easily and are not able to get benefits from the aura's of the HQs. I think with this block, i'll be able to do A.) re-roll all failed hit rolls thanks to cawl, B.) heal the poo poo out of both my dune crawlers and the Destroyers.

Cawl being dead center there is perfect because it extends his aura all the way around to all the units.

Should i switch up the deployment so that all the destroyers are on one side and the vanguard on the other, and put the Dunecrawlers up front to absorb attacks? They'll have a 5+ invulnerable save.

Your tactic seems perfectly sound mate, I can definitely attest to the grav destroyers being pretty hardcore units. My only quibble is that its the strongest tactic to maximise your shooting; it will be possibly the weakest in a maelstrom mission and for eternal war you will have to eventually break it up. Games are won on objectives (not to be patronising, I'm sure you're aware!)

moths posted:

Is there significance to who gets thorn vines painted onto Biel-Tan units and vehicles?

No, it's just a bit of visual flair.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
:siren:Adepticon room blocks are up for sale!:siren:

Go here if you're gonna go:
http://www.adepticon.org/?page_id=11

SRM and I will be there for sure.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Awesome, thank you.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

goose willis posted:

Spotted the Ultramarines player

Honestly, the Ultramarine Tactics aren't that great considering the current emphasis on vehicle over infantry, maybe this will change when the codex drops, but most things that truly want to be in melee with Marines simply sweep them off the table.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The new Death Guard stuff is so much fun to paint. Just working on plague marines from Dark Imperium right now, and all of them have such good detail.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The new Death Guard stuff is so much fun to paint. Just working on plague marines from Dark Imperium right now, and all of them have such good detail.

Yeah I had a ton of fun on a couple of them and some poxwalkers. I'm gonna play the Marines but those are way less fun.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Atlas Hugged, I don't remember what thread we discussed the deffkopta in but I haven't received your email. Didn't want you to think I was ignoring it

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I stayed in the same Wyndham Garden as you guys last time, but they jacked the price up to over $90 per night. Found a place a few minutes down the road for $50 per night. I'd love to stay on property, but, man, $130 per night is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'll see if MY WIFE will let me go. That month is particularly brutal since I'm typically inspecting robots because I'm an idiot who hates having free time.