Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Garfu posted:

What's the problem with them? Completely new player here played like an hour but starting in 3.0 for real

They're only 5 charges and if you're a decently kitted out character you're going through all 3 equipped ones every 10-15m. So you add digging through your stash for more good ones or buying new good ones on top of all the chores you have to do like rolling maps/gear/selling/trading/sextants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010
Eh it made the levelling experience more enjoyable and I just ignored the bad ones.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

The best ES chest I've ever had just dropped in shaped arid lake :staredog:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mr. Whale posted:

The best ES chest I've ever had just dropped in shaped arid lake :staredog:

I think that can be divined even higher.

(136-145) Flat ES
(101-120) ES % <- this could be a max roll (83-100) though.
(42-50) Hybrid ES %

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
We're about to enter week seven of the Beta for our upcoming expansion, The Fall of Oriath! You may notice that today's Beta report is a day early. This is because we're making room for our big announcement tomorrow! In the meantime, today's report discusses some of the changes we've made so far and what to expect in coming update.

Last week we released Wave Three of the Beta changes and two smaller updates that can be found here and here.

The Labyrinth
Thanks to everyone who replied to the Labyrinth Feedback thread. Josiah has read through the feedback, and wanted to let everyone know what is coming up with future changes:

Josiah: Thank you all for taking the time to write in about the Labyrinth. I've read through all of your feedback (as of this post), and we've made some adjustments to our update task accordingly. Once again, we don't have plentiful time before 3.0.0 is in your hands, so the scope of this Labyrinth update is fairly small.

The simplified layout and shorter time commitment for the first two runs of the Labyrinth appear to be working well for people. Izaro himself is still a bit out of step with the point in the game we would like people to reasonably expect to fight him, the only Izaro change that made it to beta was the removal of traps from his arena (normal), but we plan to make two additional changes before launch:
* Some Izaro mechanics will be introduced in later Labyrinth Difficulties, with Curses and Elementals introduced in the Second Labyrinth and Charge Disruptors introduced in the Third Labyrinth.
* Izaro will have specifically balanced buffs for each Labyrinth difficulty, making him considerably less murderous in the first Labyrinth, and noticeably less so in the second.

The intention here is that more builds can take on the first two Labyrinths right at level, hopefully getting some experience out of the deal. Item rewards are another thing we are working to improve, searching for items in the Labyrinth will always be a lot more dangerous than the other options available, and it's clear that the rewards for exploring are not in line with the challenge and time investment. Unlike our layout and difficulty changes, reward changes do apply to the third and End-game Labyrinth.
* We are adding random reward tables for all optional chests and shrines in the Labyrinth. We love players sharing knowledge and maps with each-other, but sadly this feature was sapping all the fun out of reaching a hidden cache of items.
* Darkshrines now occur only in a specific context, which is much less challenging to reach than other rewards.
* We are replacing the effects of all Labyrinth Darkshrines. These should remain interesting and unique, without adding raw power to Izaro.
* There are now always two treasure keys available from optional trap gauntlets and puzzles.
* The rewards for completing optional trap gauntlets and puzzles have been completely rebuilt. There are some fun differences between what they drop in the early game and the late game, but items that only take up one inventory slot feature prominently.
* Silver Cache chests have been rebuilt. There were some particularly disappointing potential rewards for these, and things such as like shrines or minor chest rewards have been removed. We are aware that these take ages to unlock, and this adjustment aims to make it more worthwhile to do so.
* In the first and second Labyrinths, silver keys are always in the same area as their silver cache. Rewards differ from the higher difficulties, aimed more towards being useful for new characters.

Finally we are using any spare time to make some minor layout adjustments to the third and Endgame Labyrinth as well. Ideally adjusting all golden door sections into a choice between two paths, with the key in the same area as the door.

We are also looking into better signalling of optional challenges within the Labyrinth, using minimap icons and more distinctive visuals to let you know when you’ve stumbled across something a little more dangerous.

Feedback on Environments
This weeks thread for focused feedback is about the environments of the new acts. If you want to post feedback on this area, please check out this thread and post your feedback.

Wave Four of Beta Changes
We are busy working on what is likely the final big wave of changes to the beta. Our focus for the next wave is getting something resembling a complete balance pass for gathering information and getting some details on what the 3.0.0 release should look like.

Some highlights of upcoming changes include:
* Changes to various maps, mostly around addressing the current meta. We want to see different shaping strategies in use, and at the very least not the "shaped strand meta".
* More changes to poison and bleed damage. The focus here will be on the top end of damage, where we still have some players able to do millions of damage a second without compromising survivability. We want to reign that in, without damaging general uses of these damage types.
* Balance changes to unique flasks.

The New Microtransaction System Update
The 2.6.3 update that introduces the new microtransaction is currently scheduled for Friday. We'll post a confirmation on Thursday to let you know that this is going ahead as planned. We wanted to apologise again for the delay with this system.

Thank you again for all of your hard work as a community! We really appreciate it and can't wait to share more information with you tomorrow.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
RIP Vinktar's maybe hopefully?

Also those two Izaro bullets should be highlighted as well. gently caress you Charge Disruptors :argh:

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

lol I just noticed they're going to keep nerfing poison some more. Stop already! Please! It's already dead!!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Is this the end of POE lab? They helped my sanity so much.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

They're just randomizing the optional reward chests, not layouts

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm so glad they're making Labs less annoying to new character, easily my most hated part of the game

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

How are people still getting ridiculous damage via poison/bleed in the beta?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

I think it's literally just one build (Assassin Bows)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

crit chinsol assassin I think

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Has anybody done a frost blades build in 3.0? Curious about other potential raider starters. Touch of anguish is quite expensive on beta though.

I see a lot of people talking about duel wield sunder gladiator for a 3.0 starter. Kind of curious about that one too.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Frost blades is really strong, and vendors will sell threshold jewels in 3.0 live. Give it a whirl.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

interrodactyl posted:

Frost blades is really strong, and vendors will sell threshold jewels in 3.0 live. Give it a whirl.

heh

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Hey, I seriously might. After trying a raider build with whirling blades, everything else kind of makes you miss that speed. Raider just feels so good play. Attack fast. Move fast. Be fast. I hate plodding around the map.

Currently using a leapslamming character with a brightbeak switch, which is okay, but I find that the constant weapon swapping is annoying. I'll occasionally gently caress up the swap too.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
How was your ele spectral throw raider against bosses? Because against 3.0 bosses, they often took ages to burn down even when nailing the hell out of them with barrage. It's alot better now that I've gotten Wise Oak and 75/75/75 resists, but even then it's sometimes a struggle (especially a tanky boss like Quay).

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild posted:

crit chinsol assassin I think

Uh, haven't heard of that. What skill do they use?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

How was your ele spectral throw raider against bosses? Because against 3.0 bosses, they often took ages to burn down even when nailing the hell out of them with barrage. It's alot better now that I've gotten Wise Oak and 75/75/75 resists, but even then it's sometimes a struggle (especially a tanky boss like Quay).
Clearing the maps themselves were nice and fast, but honestly bosses were slow. I really should have been swapping out GMP for slower projectiles.

That was honestly the main thing I didn't like about the ST raider. I had a hard time bringing enough deeps for the tanky bosses. It is also harder go gear than some of the other things I've tried. Reliant on a good edps weapon. Lycosidae is in high demand at the start of a league. It needs a bunch of int on gear to be able to use the skill gems. You are looking for crit, flat elemental damage, weapon elemental damage, life, int, and resists on your gear pieces, which usually results in a premium. As specific and expensive as the gear is, I didn't feel that it brought enough raw damage the table.

I really miss that movement and clear speed though. The ST raider could fly around the map and murder packs fast. My CWC firestormer does a much better job at bringing the single target hurt, along with delicious berserker + vaal pact leech, but it doesn't have the speed. Swapping weapons to leapslam is also annoying.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 19, 2017

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Love it when going through lab with my sick+nasty 150 res 20% movespeed 55 life two-toned boots in the race league and accidentally enchant them while distracted making them mediocre as gently caress instead

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Filthy Monkey posted:

Hey, I seriously might. After trying a raider build with whirling blades, everything else kind of makes you miss that speed. Raider just feels so good play. Attack fast. Move fast. Be fast. I hate plodding around the map.

I did a QotF Frost Blades Raider in Legacy, and it's easily the most fun I've had playing this game. With charges up I'm running around at 132% MS, pop jade flask and it's 180%, don't even use whirling blades because why bother? Not sure about it as a league starter though, as it does require some expensiveish items to really take off.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

Love it when going through lab with my sick+nasty 150 res 20% movespeed 55 life two-toned boots in the race league and accidentally enchant them while distracted making them mediocre as gently caress instead

Hey, been there buddy, bought a extra good pair of those boots one league for around 5 chaos or less, ruin them by enchanting and any other similar pairs I saw on poe.trade that weren't even as good were in the 60c range.

The labyrinth changes look good, I'm all for increasing 1 inventory slot rewards on the optional chests, I liked grabbing whichever chest gave out rare jewels in the hope of a good 4 stat one, more reasons to do stuff besides izaro and his pet are good and the normal/cruel labyrinths feeling less grindy with a need to be overleveled/twinked before trying them all sound great.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jul 19, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Valle posted:

I did a QotF Frost Blades Raider in Legacy, and it's easily the most fun I've had playing this game. With charges up I'm running around at 132% MS, pop jade flask and it's 180%, don't even use whirling blades because why bother? Not sure about it as a league starter though, as it does require some expensiveish items to really take off.

people are racing right now as a FB Raider without any fancy uniques, it's absolutely a good starting build

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

Been too lazy to ask for reinvite every time I start playing again for bits and spurs but with the race on now I'm tired of empty chat and waiting for masters to level, invite for Wandanalldayerryday would be nice

Invited

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

people are racing right now as a FB Raider without any fancy uniques, it's absolutely a good starting build

Does Frost Blades still namelock in the Beta? (Is that the right word for it? Where if you're attacking a dude with FB, then he dies, you stop casting, even though you're still holding down RMB)

Because I love the skill but can't stand the amount of clicking / purposely avoiding clicking on dudes so you that you don't stop casting in the middle of a Breach.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Devor posted:

Does Frost Blades still namelock in the Beta? (Is that the right word for it? Where if you're attacking a dude with FB, then he dies, you stop casting, even though you're still holding down RMB)

Because I love the skill but can't stand the amount of clicking / purposely avoiding clicking on dudes so you that you don't stop casting in the middle of a Breach.

Put a multistrike on it. Problem solved

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Insurrectionist posted:

What boot enchant is there that "ruins" a pair of boots

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Luna Was Here posted:

What boot enchant is there that "ruins" a pair of boots

Any lovely enchant that replaces the dual resist implicit on a pair of two tone boots

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Jinnigan posted:

Put a multistrike on it. Problem solved

You still lose 1/3rd of hits though, right?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I haven't touched this game since forever but I heard something about a big expansion or something.
Have they or do they have any plans to introduce a way for filthy casuals like me to change characters builds without making a new character or grinding regret orbs? Or should I just play D3 instead?

Because PoE is better in pretty much every way and I'd like to play it but not being able to switch my build is a deal breaker to me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That's not going away, so enjoy D3 I guess.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
With the new levelling system being introduced in 3.0, you can easily level to endgame in a day if you plan your character out well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

With the new levelling system being introduced in 3.0, you can easily level to endgame in a day if you plan your character out well.

No thanks, I'm not having any fun planning the build in advance. It's a chore to me.

whypick1 posted:

That's not going away, so enjoy D3 I guess.

Gotcha, thanks.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I think I am going to try a MoM cloak of defiance glacial cascade miner in beta, double fisting void batteries. The numbers look pretty good, at a glance. Will essence worm hatred, and use a clear mind jewel.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 19, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Katasi posted:

You still lose 1/3rd of hits though, right?

???? Multistrike autotargets other enemies if your first one dies, and also with added range, the only way you lose hits is if there's nothing in range at all

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Any lovely enchant that replaces the dual resist implicit on a pair of two tone boots

Yep, worst thing is I was already a bit resist starved due to needing a lot of stats on my gear (like 50 str and 70 int, plus another 30 str gets me a juicy freed up passive) and %ele weapon damage or +lightning to attacks where applicable. So that 150 res was a godsend. Oh well.

And thanks for the invite.

E: Also fun fact, I've already gotten two 6L drops in Turmoil, both were poo poo (low-tier weapon and low-ilevel armor) but still cool. This brings my total number of 6Ls found to 5 in ~700 hours of PoE playtime, which I believe is ridiculously lucky, but the total number of 6Ls I've crafted is only 1 in >4k Fusings. So RNG has a sense of humor at least.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 19, 2017

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Jinnigan posted:

???? Multistrike autotargets other enemies if your first one dies, and also with added range, the only way you lose hits is if there's nothing in range at all

I thought only the 2nd and 3rd hits autotarget, and if you're not namelocked the first one will whiff.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I haven't touched this game since forever but I heard something about a big expansion or something.
Have they or do they have any plans to introduce a way for filthy casuals like me to change characters builds without making a new character or grinding regret orbs? Or should I just play D3 instead?

Because PoE is better in pretty much every way and I'd like to play it but not being able to switch my build is a deal breaker to me.

If you're okay with playing standard you get a free passive reset every three months or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Katasi posted:

I thought only the 2nd and 3rd hits autotarget, and if you're not namelocked the first one will whiff.

Oh, I see. The skill you want is Lightning Strike, except that ground projectiles are still garbage :\

• Locked thread