Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Can confirm E30s are fun cars, they feel like you'll die for sure if you crash which heightens the experience somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
rhyno wheres my hot sass :mad:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'd be on drugs if I said the 318is was good - They are loving snoozefest shitboxes, a bit of lipstick on a pig without the whole go really fast bit.

It's fine to have a different opinion but you come off as a very angry person towards anyone that doesn't share yours.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Annnnd this is suddenly one of the few times I'm glad I come off as a cold blunt rear end in a top hat on first meetings with strangers.

Guess you're already self aware, though. :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
pretty sure that aussies didnt get the better engine in the 318iS that we got in the US

as the owner of a 318iS for 8.5 years, just get a 325iS.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This one here is way closer to my price range (aka very low) and there's even an M1a for $500 with a blown head gasket. Much like my previous "gotta have it" vehicle, it comes down to whether I can squeeze into the damned thing cuz I'm 6' 7" and the VW Rabbit Pickup is forever off the table for me.

slothrop posted:

Oh hey me too. I really wanna go buy this one but it's not a smart decision at the moment.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-MR2-1988/SSE-AD-4860448/?Cr=1
It's even a supercharger, that must be hard to resist.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Do it, they're great cars. I've been thinking of one for a daily that isn't quite as ridiculous as a lotus 7
I was thinking of using it as a daily and selling my Golf, but I do too much hauling around of things that I'd need to keep the Golf. A pair of buddies have been shopping around for garage/wrencher space, maybe I could just hop on the lease with them and go for a 3-car instead of 2-car garage :thunk:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BraveUlysses posted:

pretty sure that aussies didnt get the better engine in the 318iS that we got in the US

They should have in the S, it's more that people in the US don't always realise that other countries still got 318i variants without the M42, keeping the M40 instead.

I think it's the 316i that Australia never got.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Y'all calm down now. Militant anything ain't tolerated round these backwoods.

poo poo maybe militant generosity.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

I have a question

What makes a steering wheel do this?

Never, ever cleaning it, treating it, or using a sunshade. It's just foam with a smooth skin. The skin shrinks just like a vinyl dash, but it's way thinner. Notice the complete lack of care for the leather seats. Same root cause.

InitialDave posted:

Was it owned by a woman?

No, seriously. It seems that a common cause of that stuff on contact points of interior trim is hand cream/moisturiser, there's something about it that attacks them. I don't know if it's because men generally don't use the stuff, or if they do, it's a different type, but usually when I see that damage, it's a girl's car.

This is definitely true of PC keyboards and mice. Hand cream is amazing at removing the lettering. In this case, i think it's just sun damage.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hey Rhyno how about tell this person you're engaged and monogamous? If they persist after that they're absolutely in the wrong.

Larrymer posted:

Senior design was awesome but a shitload of work. Heat transfer sucked, but so did our teacher that changed nothing from what he taught in the 70's. I remember taking 5 engineering classes (no elective bullshit easy classes) on my last semester and I was still able to work part time. Can't say I recommend it, though.

In your final year Enourmo? Do you have any internships so far?

Nothing so far. I originally planned to take this summer off, but after falling off a cliff grass wise in spring I needed to catch back up. Now with me having 5 free days a week* I might try and get something for fall. Maybe there'll be more options since most students only look over summer? We'll see.

*including weekends, idk how much engineering internships extend to sat/sun.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Adiabatic posted:

Y'all calm down now. Militant anything ain't tolerated round these backwoods.

poo poo maybe militant generosity.

I'm militant about cats being cool. Please don't ban.
I wish I had a cat pic to post. :(

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

nm posted:

I'm militant about cats being cool. Please don't ban.
I wish I had a cat pic to post. :(

Yeah thats rad.

Basically Be Chill To One Another.

Like Buttercup here:

She has the right idea.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Chewbacca knows when a post is Good and Helpful:

and when a post is Mean and Hurtful:

Be Like Chewbacca.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Your cat needs a manicure. It might disembowel you if it starts makin' biscuits.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Hey isn't it funny when you find out someone you've had a major boner for crush on randomly spills that they've the same for you...

And also that they're a massive racist.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

SOON after spending a week in each of his four stomachs this leaf will become a small square biscuit:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

cakesmith handyman posted:

Hey isn't it funny when you find out someone you've had a major boner for crush on randomly spills that they've the same for you...

Dang. Good news/bad news.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Shag them, then tell them that you are actually half <ethnic>

Either you convert them, or you get a no-strings bonk.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

BraveUlysses posted:

as the owner of 2 325is' and one 91 318i(m42, lsd, e36 rack) - buy a 325is

i'm probably gonna sell my 318 in the next year and keep my 325s

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

It sounds like there's a story about how you discovered these two things at the same time...

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Chewbacca knows when a post is Good and Helpful:

and when a post is Mean and Hurtful:

Be Like Chewbacca.

HOLY poo poo, I just saw Chewbacca week before last at the Sloth Sanctuary in Limon Costa Rica! He was totally chill, although very disabled.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

Hey Rhyno how about tell this person you're engaged and monogamous? If they persist after that they're absolutely in the wrong.

The words "I'm engaged" and "my fiance" we're spoken several times.

Hold poo poo there's a lot of forms to fill out to file a personal safety complaint.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's fiancée if you're a man and if you're talking about a woman, however either way sounds extremely fey when men say it. So maybe that's the problem.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ether Frenzy posted:

It's fiancée if you're a man and if you're talking about a woman, however either way sounds extremely fey when men say it. So maybe that's the problem.
This is a hell of a lot funnier depending on your linguistic leanings.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
As I'm married to an english woman, my intended usage was the one you're probably imagining it is. :hf:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

extremely fated to die when men say it :thunk:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

The words "I'm engaged" and "my fiance" we're spoken several times.

Danced around the monogamy :haw:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

We're heading inexorably toward the heat death of the universe and nothing matters. Hail sloth!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

It sounds like there's a story about how you discovered these two things at the same time...

Nothing incredible, a woman at work I've always had a bit of a crush on, we got thrown to working together and after talking shop she mentions casually she's always fancied me but lucky for our SO's we're both married. Moments later she just as casually asks if my department has had the pleasure of the recent influx of Italian graduates. The words "greasy workshy wop" were used. No boner.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nothing incredible, a woman at work I've always had a bit of a crush on, we got thrown to working together and after talking shop she mentions casually she's always fancied me but lucky for our SO's we're both married. Moments later she just as casually asks if my department has had the pleasure of the recent influx of Italian graduates. The words "greasy workshy wop" were used. No boner.

Torn between:

a) Italians are a race?

and

b) Awwww, she's old-fashioned.

:D

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 19, 2017

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
You should commend her for keeping her racism old-school.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Wow I've never heard that used in earnest. Maybe she's just ignorant of offence thinking it's like limey or yank?

Other news: deposit down on the wedding venue.
Against the advice of pretty much everyone in this thread lots of money is going to be spent this next 18 months but we are both happy

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Schindler's Lift, eh?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:frogout:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Schindler's Lift, eh?

jesus christ

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ahaha the professor showed a video about planetary gears, they showed a FWD car... with a BMW logo.

(yes i know about the 1 series sedan, china doesn't count)

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

angryrobots posted:

Hail sloth!

Pretty much. Tap dancing around other peoples perceived bullshit is mental gymnastics I don't have time for.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Enourmo posted:

Ahaha the professor showed a video about planetary gears, they showed a FWD car... with a BMW logo.

(yes i know about the 1 series sedan, china doesn't count)

they sell these in the uk

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's not the fact they sell them that's the problem. It's that people buy them.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

keykey posted:

HOLY poo poo, I just saw Chewbacca week before last at the Sloth Sanctuary in Limon Costa Rica! He was totally chill, although very disabled.

Si, thats where these pics were taken. I have a confession, that's not Chewbacca and yes ths real Chewbacca is super disabled. I just really like the name Chewbacca for a sloth.

We're about to hike an active volcano tomorrow :getin:

I may end up like darth vader or there may be a mod position open soon. Stay tuned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

angryrobots posted:

We're heading inexorably toward the heat death of the universe and nothing matters. Hail sloth!

It won't matter at the heat death of the universe sure. Definitely matters in the present moment. Why is the moment of heat death more important than now?

keykey posted:

Pretty much. Tap dancing around other peoples perceived bullshit is mental gymnastics I don't have time for.

As I get older I find I have less and less time for poo poo I don't care about in the slightest. Maybe that makes me uncultured or an rear end in a top hat but it definitely makes me happier.

• Locked thread