Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Set items are still Legendary. They're just part of a set. They can be ancient (10% chance) or primal (gently caress you% chance) just the same as nonset legendaries!

And yeah the only ways to get Better Items is to pick up new ones, or reforge existing ones (a thing at Kanai Cube)

Thanks! I didn't realize they counted as legendaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I have a Blessed Shield machinegun Crusader who's pushing into T12 now that he has ancient items everywhere but Legacy of Nightmares and Gyrfalcon's Foote. Single targets with no ads give me issues as I can't stack ricochets, so I swapped Bane of the Powerful to Bane of the Stricken. Is that the right choice in gems? His other is Molten Wildebeest's Gizzard (no socket on the amulet and I already rerolled it for +% Holy).

What's my most efficient path to making the LoN and GF ancient items? Reforging seems incredibly expensive even with T11/12 farming.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I've been playing a lot of Diablo II since last week and I don't know how I'm going to feel tomorrow when the new season in Diablo III starts.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Does the season roll over right at midnight, or is there a set time for it tomorrow? I haven't played in forever and I don't remember how it works.

v- Thanks!

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 19, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does the season roll over right at midnight, or is there a set time for it tomorrow? I haven't played in forever and I don't remember how it works.

Season 11 begins Thursday, July 20, at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Dumb question but I haven't really played since before rifts were a thing. If I melt legendaries into the cube during the season, do they become part of my standard cube's repertoire when the season ends?

mewse
May 2, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Dumb question but I haven't really played since before rifts were a thing. If I melt legendaries into the cube during the season, do they become part of my standard cube's repertoire when the season ends?

All your stuff gets converted to non-season. Blood shards get added together and are allowed to temporarily exceed your cap. Crafting mats get added together. Items from the stash get mailed to you. Characters get converted to non-season wearing all their gear and whatever's in their bags.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Males get merged with females and you unlock the hidden Gendermancer class.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The Diablo 3 facebook posted a thing about how the skeletal mage ring is so cool. Go spam them with how skeletal mage sucks and you hate it

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

The CM Nevalistis actually said in an interview yesterday how much she enjoys "constantly summoning them" because it's so fun and active. :bang: I was hoping she would slip and say "constantly spamming them" but they've trained all of beta for that moment. Don't say spam... don't say spam...

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Star Man posted:

I've been playing a lot of Diablo II since last week and I don't know how I'm going to feel tomorrow when the new season in Diablo III starts.
I imagine "elated" the first time your pet picks up gold for you. I miss the art direction but holy poo poo the quality of life improvements are huge.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Who wants to poopsock tomorrow? I'll probably play for at least a few hours into the night. Larrymer #1390

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
If you want to be the new hotness that's always welcome in any group for next season, roll an LON WD or necromancer. There will be big demand for both. If you want to be in high demand but don't want the absolute headache of rolling an LON or find the mechanics of necro too much of a pain in the rear end, roll a monk. There's never enough monks

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Guilty posted:

If you want to be the new hotness that's always welcome in any group for next season, roll an LON WD or necromancer. There will be big demand for both.

I sure hope so. I figured that Necros would be overpopulated in Season 11, since it's the first season for them.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

DrSeRRoD posted:

I sure hope so. I figured that Necros would be overpopulated in Season 11, since it's the first season for them.

I always assumed the DPS parts of the group meta would be overpopulated because most people don't like playing support roles. I can't imagine there being a shortage on Necros this season, being the new hotness and all.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Every DPS still has at least one support character because, when pushing, you always find someone with better gear and a higher plevel than you.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Will Styles posted:

I always assumed the DPS parts of the group meta would be overpopulated because most people don't like playing support roles. I can't imagine there being a shortage on Necros this season, being the new hotness and all.

I remember it being the complete opposite on HC because no one wanted to risk their good solo GR gear/gems, so everyone was zdps looking for DPS to put their life in your hands. Being a DPS without a consistent group and voice comms was scary as hell.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Is it just me or are the challenge rifts piss easy? This week's is wearing full Tal Rasha but you can clear it with minutes to spare just by left clicking.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Dross posted:

Is it just me or are the challenge rifts piss easy? This week's is wearing full Tal Rasha but you can clear it with minutes to spare just by left clicking.

The barb one was a pain in the rear end for me, but the others were pretty easy. If you know anything about the game you can figure out a lot of suboptimal builds. Still wondering how that pubbie played with that barb build though :(

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Will Styles posted:

There's this part which is definitely true, but there's also the part where gearing up support roles is usually piss easy. Last season I main'd monk and was able to push 105 with some pubstar leaderboards chasers far before my friends could catch up to even farming 90s 4man, even though we played the same amount. My friends were able to put together monks and Barb's from the scraps we left each other, and they were able to tank just as high as my main. It's quite easy to get a support to being able to tank 100. I personally think everyone should have a support alt, since it requires no ancient pieces and no augments, just good rolls.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Good ol' Console Seasons, where there's literally zero forms of item sharing, trading, dropping, or Mailbox!

I wish they'd dial up Smart Loot to 100.0% for seasons.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Guilty posted:

There's this part which is definitely true, but there's also the part where gearing up support roles is usually piss easy. Last season I main'd monk and was able to push 105 with some pubstar leaderboards chasers far before my friends could catch up to even farming 90s 4man, even though we played the same amount. My friends were able to put together monks and Barb's from the scraps we left each other, and they were able to tank just as high as my main. It's quite easy to get a support to being able to tank 100. I personally think everyone should have a support alt, since it requires no ancient pieces and no augments, just good rolls.

It's also good practice because the odds of running into a DPS with better gear and higher paragon than you are pretty high. If you don't have a support to switch to when that happens, you just lost your group.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
What is the best bounty speed farming build for Necros atm?

mewse
May 2, 2006

MikeC posted:

Inarius + warzechian (+ hoarder + goldwrap?) is probably solid

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Larrymer posted:

Who wants to poopsock tomorrow? I'll probably play for at least a few hours into the night. Larrymer #1390

Hey dude I will add you! (My name is Hopper # 1927)

I got to raid tomorrow but once I am done I should be ok to slam some demons with you. I got a couple buddies I know IRL who are also hopping along.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Suspicious posted:

It's also good practice because the odds of running into a DPS with better gear and higher paragon than you are pretty high. If you don't have a support to switch to when that happens, you just lost your group.

What? The only way to remain in a group is to constantly be the most powerful member of the group? Wouldn't everyone literally be solo all the time always with that logic?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
No. If you are the DPS, you have to be ready to switch to support when a better DPS shows up. Quality of gear and paragon level of the DPS matter very much for how high you can push and how fast you can clear. Gear for supports almost doesn't matter, as long as they have the correct pieces and are pushing the correct buttons at the correct moments.

This is assuming you're pubbing or sorta-pubbing with people on your friends list without a set group. If you have a tight group that plays everyday with the same roles then whatever.

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

MikeC posted:

I've been having fun with this build, pretty chill just zip around and spam mages, occasionally hitting bone armor. Ideally devour on autocast.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Or you could go outside with friends and not worry about your ??item score?? or whatever. Have a beer it'll be nice.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I went outside and got a sun burn. I go inside and I get an iceburn talking about videogames with goons on the Somethingawful dot com forums.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Everything you ever wanted is a lie.

Despair.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Or you could go outside with friends and not worry about your ??item score?? or whatever. Have a beer it'll be nice.

Link GS and Achieve for high GR runs, no carry.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I went outside and got a sun burn. I go inside and I get an iceburn talking about videogames with goons on the Somethingawful dot com forums.

I just spent a week outside in the tropics, I am sunburnt and ready to sit at a computer all weekend playing click the demons.

Finished Act V story on my Necro and sharded all my items ready to rebirth him for the season start.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

xarg posted:

I've been having fun with this build, pretty chill just zip around and spam mages, occasionally hitting bone armor. Ideally devour on autocast.

What do you mean by autocast?

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What do you mean by autocast?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAI8s8rft4
Bind action keys to numkeys also, hold it and then press numlock, it'll cast automatically as often as possible.

Edit: vvv

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I built the Trag'ouls Corpse Lancer build on Icyveins that's rated for GR 95+

I loving hate it, what a god awful way ot play the game.
:same:
Stupid powerful but stupid horrible to play and clearly only works in open rifts also. I tried one nephalem rift for 5 minutes before deciding never again. Trag'Ouls skeletal mages for lyfe. Loving frailty aura builds that give you one less button to press :saddowns:

xarg fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jul 20, 2017

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I built the Trag'ouls Corpse Lancer build on Icyveins that's rated for GR 95+

I loving hate it, what a god awful way ot play the game.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm still not sure if I actually want to play necro this season. It's fun to play with new toys but I'm really disappointed with the way the class feels at the same time.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Didn't see anything in op about communities. LLJK still active? Havent played since s3 or so.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
LLJK community is going, LLJK clan is dead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

botany posted:

I'm still not sure if I actually want to play necro this season. It's fun to play with new toys but I'm really disappointed with the way the class feels at the same time.

I'm going to play it next season
Hopefully it will get a development pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Dameius posted:

LLJK community is going, LLJK clan is dead

EU side community search brings up nothing for LLJK.