Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Okay, I've given Shambala a few runs and actually enjoyed it. What are the PvP points good for in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just cheevos.

I like Moon Master.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Just cheevos.

I like Moon Master.

I was kinda hoping for clothes but I'll take it.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Hopefully they add the PVP outfits back at some point!! I want my pretty gas masks

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

M_Sinistrari posted:

Okay, I've given Shambala a few runs and actually enjoyed it. What are the PvP points good for in this game?

What's to enjoy? It's two minutes of spamming whatever ability and then you get a present. It's like being two.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

angerbeet posted:

What's to enjoy? It's two minutes of spamming whatever ability and then you get a present. It's like being two.

Sometimes it's the simple things that bring joy. Not to mention handling my 'need more shards' issue.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

angerbeet posted:

i shoot the mans and they fall down

also if you spectate it after you die the camera manages to make it look kinda legitimately cool

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
IDK It works out as like Mjolnir Mjolnir whoops I got winded off of a cliff, hey presto stuff. It's not bad but it's hardly the game-breaking future of tomorrow.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Pvp should be obstacle course races where all of your abilities except for gadgets and sprints are locked.

Funcom, call me

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Capntastic posted:

Hopefully they add the PVP outfits back at some point!! I want my pretty gas masks

You can get a gas mask from Whispering Tide soon.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Pvp should be obstacle course races where all of your abilities except for gadgets and sprints are locked.

Funcom, call me

pvp should be a fashion show where contestants are giving a minute to put together an outfit, after which they're put in front of a panel of impartial Venice judges

the one with the least votes gets dumped into a tank of filth

Tallgeese posted:

You can get a gas mask from Whispering Tide soon.

the mask you get from the Tyler Freeborn stuff is pretty stylish too. speaking of which, holy poo poo is that whole chain incredible. i'm v. glad i didn't have to wait until endgame or pay any money to go through it

crawlkill
Feb 20, 2014

Capntastic posted:

Funcom, call me

Price of Magic: American Gladiator Edition

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Hmm, upgrading my shotgun is telling me I'm getting +evade for some reason. My glyph is evasion but I'm not leveling it up in this window. Seems like it's bugging out and calculating the stat gain for +1 level for both weapon and glyph.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Empowering weapons/talismans with slotted glyphs also empowers the glyphs sometimes.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Any word on what today's hotfix was about?

Also I appreciate a f2p game that provides a generous XP progression, but I'm overleveled for Hell Fallen before I could even find the quest for it. Hope I can find some goons willing to run through it once I finally find the quest for it.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Amante posted:

Empowering weapons/talismans with slotted glyphs also empowers the glyphs sometimes.

But his glyph is lvl 20? I thought glyphs maxed out at lvl 20?

Fruits of the sea posted:

Any word on what today's hotfix was about?

Also I appreciate a f2p game that provides a generous XP progression, but I'm overleveled for Hell Fallen before I could even find the quest for it. Hope I can find some goons willing to run through it once I finally find the quest for it.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/update-2-0-2-patch-notes/2/

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
So it looks as if outlevelling content means being unable to complete missions. I had the 'reasonable man' quest and hadn't gotten round to it (am also going slow), I'm about 25, the 'gutted fishermen' that drop the flares are level 18 so they're giving 1 shard and 8xp, which also means they don't drop the flares you need to loot to complete the quest.

Funcom strikes again

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Edit: Nevermind.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

PST posted:

So it looks as if outlevelling content means being unable to complete missions. I had the 'reasonable man' quest and hadn't gotten round to it (am also going slow), I'm about 25, the 'gutted fishermen' that drop the flares are level 18 so they're giving 1 shard and 8xp, which also means they don't drop the flares you need to loot to complete the quest.

Funcom strikes again

Pause the quest (drop it) and then pick it up again.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I blocked that jumping segment in "I walk into empty" from my memory. Holy poo poo was that an awful thing.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

I was kinda hoping for clothes but I'll take it.

I've definately seen achievement locked sun and moon clothes at a vendor.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Exmond posted:

Pause the quest (drop it) and then pick it up again.

Well I tried that, twice, and nope, no joy so I think funcom's hosed something up.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

PST posted:

Funcom strikes again

That's not how that works

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
The gap between elite 1 and 2 seems annoyingly huge. I started tanking e1 over the weekend with a bearscore of 80 and it was pretty OK. Now I'm at 140 and all it does is become slightly less worrisome that a heart will ignore me for a few seconds while I wait to painfully gear up to 250.

I'd like to see some cabal runs starting up on elites and lairs soon. Do we know what a real baseline item level is for running them? I see ridiculous numbers in lfg but that's not useful at all.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I bought 500 premium currencies to support the game; so I don't actually know what to do with it. My main goal is to play through the quests, not end game content. I'm perfectly happy with the pace of my leveling but could always use cosmetics. What should I buy? My character kinda has weird eyes, maybe I can pay for "cosmetic surgery"/reopen the creation menu.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

There used to be haircuts and some cosmetic alterations too, but I don't think they've been implemented in SWL yet. Otherwise use it on clothing? You can also purchase keys to open caches, but they are too expensive to really be worthwhile.

If you play through all the story, you'll reach max level long before you run out of content, so don't spend currency on xp/sp/ap.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

The gap between elite 1 and 2 seems annoyingly huge. I started tanking e1 over the weekend with a bearscore of 80 and it was pretty OK. Now I'm at 140 and all it does is become slightly less worrisome that a heart will ignore me for a few seconds while I wait to painfully gear up to 250.

I'd like to see some cabal runs starting up on elites and lairs soon. Do we know what a real baseline item level is for running them? I see ridiculous numbers in lfg but that's not useful at all.

I'm down for elite runs but i play PST, it never seems to sync up that goons want to run elites when I am able to.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Just hit my first game stopping bug. Modest proposal mission you need to disable the turret with EMP grenade, except the grenade does nothing. Turret keeps firing, I've thrown at least 10 of these things.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

That's not how that works

Someone in game said their higher-level friend had had the same problem, but if it's not that then i'm just bugged and cant' get them to drop as i've tried 6+ times now, dropping and picking up the quest again with nothing happening when I kill them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

PST posted:

Someone in game said their higher-level friend had had the same problem, but if it's not that then i'm just bugged and cant' get them to drop as i've tried 6+ times now, dropping and picking up the quest again with nothing happening when I kill them.

Level 50 and just logged in to confirm that is not how that works. I picked up flares just fine

PST
Jul 5, 2012

Len posted:

Level 50 and just logged in to confirm that is not how that works. I picked up flares just fine

So there's an indeterminate bug, which still means I can't do the quest, cheers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PST posted:

So there's an indeterminate bug, which still means I can't do the quest, cheers.

Alternatively was someone else in the area doing that same quest? That might have had an interaction.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 20, 2017

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Just hit my first game stopping bug. Modest proposal mission you need to disable the turret with EMP grenade, except the grenade does nothing. Turret keeps firing, I've thrown at least 10 of these things.

I had a bit of trouble with this until I figured out that

1) throwing the emp grenade takes several seconds, like using objects.
2)It can be interrupted by moving and taking damage
3) it doesn't have great range
4) it helps if you aggro the nearest mobs and kill them out of range of the sentry gun

Now have fun figuring out how to kill the sniper approach from behind

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Alternatively was someone else in the area doing that same quest? That might have had an interaction.

There might be something to that. I've noticed with some quests like The Raven or Something Wicked that if there's someone else doing it when I am, certain things that are supposed to flag or spawn, don't. If I go do something else and come back later, they work fine.

spooky attic
Jun 17, 2009

Ineffective at haunting cartridges.
So I played a bit back in the day and was wondering if there were any tips/guides for someone who has basically forgotten everything about this game. I'm considering a hammer/chaos build at the moment.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Fruits of the sea posted:

I had a bit of trouble with this until I figured out that

1) throwing the emp grenade takes several seconds, like using objects.
2)It can be interrupted by moving and taking damage
3) it doesn't have great range
4) it helps if you aggro the nearest mobs and kill them out of range of the sentry gun

Now have fun figuring out how to kill the sniper approach from behind

Nah. There was definately lightning around the gun but it just keeps firing. Tried everything, max distance, point blank distance, in combat, out of combat. I was only able to complete the quest when 2 other players showed up and distracted the turret long enough for me to pick up and plant the explosives.

If any one else has this bug, let me know. If i'm in game I will gladly help you out of this stupid situation.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
I'm above 160 tank or dps now. Anyone else here interested in lairs?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

If you don't use all your dungeon keys for the day, do they stock or do they just reset to the daily amount tomorrow?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

They reset to the daily amount. No stacking :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Balls. Thanks