Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Parallelwoody posted:

Maybe they'll put an MLS team in Detroit.

Dan Gilbert and Tom Gores are trying but people are very attached to the semi-pro team Detroit City FC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dan Gilbert and Tom Gores are trying but people are very attached to the semi-pro team Detroit City FC

I think it's more people are very anti-Gilbert, which is kind of understandable.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Dan Gilbert's Detroit City SC is going to be funny as hell.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Henchman of Santa posted:

I live in Hamtramck and Detroit City FC sells FCK MLS shirts at their games lol

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
If Gilbert can get his fiber Internet to me in the burbs I'd be pretty stoked about that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DON'T WORRY EVERYONE, MITCH TRUBI[N]SKY HAS SIGNED HIS CONTRACT AND WILL NOT MISS ANY TIME WITH HIS CRUCIAL TRAINING CAMP TO SIT ON THE BENCH

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

LET THE LEARNING BEGIN

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wilford Cutlery posted:

LET THE LEARNING BEGIN

INDEED, LET THE LEARNING BEGIN THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON THE WORST TEAM IN THE DIVISION :unsmigghh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Trubisky wasn't going to miss a chance to see his favourite football team week four. Maybe he'll get some autographs.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Wilford Cutlery posted:

LET THE LEARNING BEGIN

I predict 4-5 weeks of "learning" behind Glennon before the irate bears fans pressure the front office into starting Mitch. Kind of like the rams last season.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xsf421 posted:

I predict 4-5 weeks of "learning" behind Glennon before the irate bears fans pressure the front office into starting Mitch. Kind of like the rams last season.

no way pace puts trubisky out there, dude has a job precisely as long as he can prevent everyone from seeing how much trubisky sucks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

no way pace puts trubisky out there, dude has a job precisely as long as he can prevent everyone from seeing how much trubisky sucks

I can't wait until it gets to the point where Pace just sets up a cutout of Trubisky with a juggs machine behind it at training camp.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you think about it, surrounding your mysterious quarterback phenom with the likes of mark sanchez and mike giraffe will make him look amazing by comparison, a brilliant move by ryan pace

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

if you think about it, surrounding your mysterious quarterback phenom with the likes of mark sanchez and mike giraffe will make him look amazing by comparison, a brilliant move by ryan pace

Only if they suck more than Trubisky. :v:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This is all funny to think about until Mitch turns out to be a first ballot HOFer with 9 super bowl wins or something outrageous and I hate myself forever. :stonklol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

I can't wait until it gets to the point where Pace just sets up a cutout of Trubisky with a juggs machine behind it at training camp.

Joey Harrington rushes onto the field, eager to finally exact his revenge

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Sataere posted:

Only if they suck more than Trubisky. :v:

This is what I hated about dumping Cutler. The Bears are now in a situation where Mark Sanchez could easily be the best QB on their roster.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Filthy Casual posted:

This is what I hated about dumping Cutler. The Bears are now in a situation where Mark Sanchez could easily be the best QB on their roster.

This is a bad thing? :allears:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I bet they will still manage to beat or come close to beating Detroit somehow. I don't understand those games.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Filthy Casual posted:

Sometimes, before you can rebuild, you have to tear everything down first. Then burn what might remain and salt the earth.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Sataere posted:

Sometimes, before you can rebuild, you have to tear everything down first. Then burn what might remain and salt the earth.

I thought 2014 and 2016 were this thing. We had Matt Barkley as our top QB.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Filthy Casual posted:

Eau de Emery lingers for years.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Filthy Casual posted:

Barkley started by default of everyone dying. Mitch will start because Bears fans need to be reminded of what quarterbacks were like before Cutler.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Mitch may not be terrible, but I know Glennon will bring us back to the impotence of 2007, minus that one Griese comeback against the Eagles.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Filthy Casual posted:

Mitch may not be terrible, but I know Glennon will bring us back to the impotence of 2007, minus that one Griese comeback against the Eagles.

Glennon's touchdown to completion ratio as a rookie has me hoping for the second coming of the Sex Cannon.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol cutler's not only calling the first bears preseason game, he's also calling the first regular season game too, here's an exclusive preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8oCKV39IbA

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol cutler's not only calling the first bears preseason game, he's also calling the first regular season game too, here's an exclusive preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8oCKV39IbA

Who is the "you're cool" in this scenario?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Who is the "you're cool" in this scenario?

probably kyle long, the one man who didn't actively try to kill him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just imagine cutler sitting there trying to be professional as the bears, a team of semi-professional miscreants who shouldn't be allowed in the NFL, get steamrolled and then his replacement, one of those dancing car lot balloons, goes in there and gets called for a safety because the bears got the ball on their own one yard-line and he got his neck caught on the goalpost and jay can't say whatever dickish thing is bursting out of him, he just swallows it all and then says "uh tough break for the bears" over the sound of someone taking a sawblade to the post so they can untangle glennon from it

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 25, 2017

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
If there's ever been an announcer who needed to take up Pat Summeral's drinking habit, it's Cutler. Diabetes be damned!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/ochocinco/status/889647410057760773

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the lions deserve ocho

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Look at this majestic QB of the future

https://twitter.com/DickersonESPN/status/890250772180500480

Edit

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/890260635799494656

Uh Trubisky is like the third QB on the roster.

Edit 2

Oh Mike Glennon.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 26, 2017

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

he looks like a stretched out Dewey from malcom in the middle

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

he looks like a stretched out Dewey from malcom in the middle

Man, I love that episode.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trubisky looks like a loving guillermo del toro CGI creation

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Man. Pace I think might be decent at drafting players.(Jury still out)

But whoo boy he hasn't done well in free agency.

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/890412666535194625

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dexo posted:

Oh Mike Glennon.

Elongated Jeff Garcia

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
RUN