Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

If they were going to stick with V throughout I don't think they'd have used Exdeath so early.

Personally I'm hoping for an VIII themed Omega segment. Edea (or possibly Seifer), Adel, Griever and Ultimecia seem like they'd make good raid bosses.

Personally I bet the next tier will be either FF4 themed with the Four Fiends, Golbez, and Zeromus, or FFVII themed with the WEAPONs and Sephiroth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My personal guess for the remaining eight omega bosses:
O5-O8: four fiends. In O8S the previous three show up to help the last one. e: or we get Zeromus?
O9: gilgamesh
O10: the chocobo
O11: a hero of some kind (FF1 WoL?)
O12: omega prime

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 20, 2017

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

FF7 and FF8 are the worst options of all other options when it comes to games to farm boss ideas from.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

nuru posted:

FF7 and FF8 are the worst options of all other options when it comes to games to farm boss ideas from.

I would be hyped as poo poo to see Ultimecia's castle as a dungeon or raid

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Her castle could work, I didn't consider that.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

good times in the new goon guild, <mol?>

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Heavensward so far has been a lot more difficult than ARR on the healing front. I'm guessing that was intentional by the developers?

It feels like a lot of boss mechanics have really been ratcheted up to potential instant deaths. Tiamol has the comets, Demon Book can get you slapped with Heavy/Slow, which is a bit tricky to recover from, Ser Charibert's fire circles, etc. It's starting to feel a lot more like you need to know the bosses and take advantages of mechanic gaps to heal in.

I'm guessing that's also going to be the case for Stormblood?

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

True, the handful of bosses there that haven't already been used for other things in FFXIV would be good raid fodder.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

nuru posted:

I view Omega as an excuse for Soken to make FFXIV versions of boss music from old games so bring on FF7 and FF8 I say.

Come on, you know you want to hear the Primals rocking out with The Extreme.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

:toot:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

The tail screw on that mob is a normal damage aoe circle, not the boss ability. It just shares a name.

More than zero succors is probably too much in the leveling dungeons when you have one of indom and whispering dawn every thirty seconds. Either people are eating extra damage or you're healing people to full when you could have let the fairy do it.

ah ok, i was just legit trying to figure out what killed this guy. I took the blame for it but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on me. I knew what I was doing, he just blew up. And yeah you're right about the succors, i'm weaning myself off them but i was either without aetherflow stacks or without a fairy for about 3/4 of that dungeon thanks to the tank so i'll write that one off.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

\o/ grats

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope we fight an Emerald Weapon primal/trial

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I managed to get to floor 7 4 times today. Has anyone ever figured out exactly how the Aquapolis/Canal thing works? I've heard people say it's both random chance with the doors just being for show or that there's a right door and a wrong door but the wrong door gets a chance at a reroll to weigh it in the player's favor?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jinh posted:

I have the worst migraine now, a drk pulled the first 2 groups after getting off the ship in sirensong. Apparently one of those mobs acts like the first boss of sastasha hard and does tail screw??? and he got creamed instantly the second I hit my first miasma. Thought something was fishy cuz i'm ilvl 257, not that far undergeared. Through the whole dungeon the dude never used a tank CD except a rampart twice.

I did get to play with dissipate and lustrate a bunch, practiced the advice in here from earlier to not blow adlos on everything although I did use succor too much in boss AOEs a few times before remembering I had emergency tactics.

yeah i just did a bardam's where i said at the outset, "hey i'm at level maybe don't go crazy with pulls" wiped because tank insisted on pulling three packs with no cooldowns

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Jinh posted:

ah ok, i was just legit trying to figure out what killed this guy. I took the blame for it but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on me. I knew what I was doing, he just blew up. And yeah you're right about the succors, i'm weaning myself off them but i was either without aetherflow stacks or without a fairy for about 3/4 of that dungeon thanks to the tank so i'll write that one off.

Some tanks are just going to blow the gently caress up, all the way to and including 70. 100-0 in a GCD. And outside that you can't just spam Cure 2 / Benefic 2 like the other healers, so I'm finding Scholar a bit tougher on a paper tank. It also makes warriors far more annoying, as they don't get the healing boost from lustrate or excog.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Countblanc posted:

I hope we fight an Emerald Weapon primal/trial

That would be super cool + this would be a good expac for it

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

That would be super cool + this would be a good expac for it

Aire Tam Storm would be hilarious.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cheetah7071 posted:

My personal guess for the remaining eight omega bosses:
O5-O8: four fiends. In O8S the previous three show up to help the last one. e: or we get Zeromus?
O9: gilgamesh
O10: the chocobo
O11: a hero of some kind (FF1 WoL?)
O12: omega prime

A Four Fiends raid tier's final boss would have to be Geryon.

e: Or YoshiP goes mad with power and we get a raid tier of FF mobile game characters: Wol, Rain, Tyro, and Sol as raid bosses. :v:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 20, 2017

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

All I want to do is fight Anima. Yojimbo was alright, but I need more aeons to kick the poo poo out of.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Some tanks are just going to blow the gently caress up, all the way to and including 70. 100-0 in a GCD. And outside that you can't just spam Cure 2 / Benefic 2 like the other healers, so I'm finding Scholar a bit tougher on a paper tank. It also makes warriors far more annoying, as they don't get the healing boost from lustrate or excog.

Just got out of another run and it was flawless, i feel a lot better now. He pulled big but he did pop cooldowns so it was just fun and challenging instead of dire.

Anyway, I won't post a journal of all my dungeon runs, but glad for the feedback since I'm not familiar with the role. Learning the difference between my fuckup and theirs will come soon enough. Sch is really cool now!

E: ^ aw yeah double lucibro posts

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Givin posted:

Don't forget to make the boss only accessible by a long bridge which has a 1/64 chance of spawning Warmech.
I always felt like that percentage was bullshit. I've gotten warmech to spawn a few times with much less effort than camping that room in the lunar subterrain for pink puff/flan princesses (and don't get me started on their drop chances)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

I managed to get to floor 7 4 times today.

Now I am the person who is sad.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

A Four Fiends raid tier's final boss would have to be Geryon.

I haven't actually played FFIV, I just know enough to know four fiends is exactly the type of thing they like to port into FFXIV

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So now that i finally hit 70 i guess i should actually care about putting materia on my gear and how that whole system works? How exactly should a BRD be putting up materia? Should i be doubling up on stats that are already on the gear/weapon or should i be putting stuff in that isn't already there?

EG:If my bow has Direct Hit and Crit, should i slot in Det or should i put some more DH and Crit?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Now I am the person who is sad.

If it makes you feel better all I got out of it besides a shitload of gil was the catfish minion (which everyone in the party ended up getting because that poo poo drops like candy).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ImpAtom posted:

If it makes you feel better all I got out of it besides a shitload of gil was the catfish minion (which everyone in the party ended up getting because that poo poo drops like candy).

I had a group get to room 7 yesterday but we wiped on the wind boss. Haven't seen room 7 since.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

nuru posted:

Speaking of which, doma castle's second boss felt oddly familiar but I couldn't place where from. Was looking at a list of FF7 bosses the other day when I was talking about ideas for O5-8 and o9-12, and noticed this jerk

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I had a tank blow up once in that double pull when I was leveling AST and they immediately asked if I had used a jump potion.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nuru posted:

I had a tank blow up once in that double pull when I was leveling AST and they immediately asked if I had used a jump potion.

Owned.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So now that i finally hit 70 i guess i should actually care about putting materia on my gear and how that whole system works? How exactly should a BRD be putting up materia? Should i be doubling up on stats that are already on the gear/weapon or should i be putting stuff in that isn't already there?

EG:If my bow has Direct Hit and Crit, should i slot in Det or should i put some more DH and Crit?

As a bard you get extra bonuses with crit, since you have crit-based procs, so you want crit when you can. In general, though, you won't be able to fit stats that are present on the gear. Talk to a materia melder and he can show you what stats are still available on a given piece. I don't know what Bards prefer outside that, though.

I'm personally only putting grade 6 stuff in 320 or better gear. I have tons of 5s so I cram that into my 310.

nuru posted:

I was doing the big pull after the first boss in Temple of the Fist. I had to benediction the tank, it hit him and brought him to 100%, and he died before I could get a cure 2 off immediately afterwords. His response what "Fine, I'll solo pull if you're going to be that way." It was mind boggling, and I've only been dealing with tanks like that* since Stormblood launched.

*Most are fine, but the outliers are getting super obnoxious.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 20, 2017

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I don't really multi-pull in Stormblood dungeons, just cause it has seemed like stuff hits much harder in SB than it did in the older content.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Magres posted:

I don't really multi-pull in Stormblood dungeons, just cause it has seemed like stuff hits much harder in SB than it did in the older content.

Unless you're doing it fresh this has already kinda stopped being the case. Even sync'd being fully geared is more than enough to multi pull without trouble as long as your tank is using cooldowns.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

nuru posted:

counterpoint: the guy yelling at you to attack the scorpion when its tail is up right before you round the corner and see it is great

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

nuru posted:

Counterpoint: Motorcycle Battles.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Elvoret would make a good dungeon boss.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Still holding out a disappointedly faint hope for FFMQ raid personally

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Unless you're doing it fresh this has already kinda stopped being the case. Even sync'd being fully geared is more than enough to multi pull without trouble as long as your tank is using cooldowns.

That's fair - once I hit 70 and fully geared my WAR I haven't really played it much outside of raids, so I haven't done a ton of sync'd stuff. I love playing it, I just have so many other things I want to level.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

ImpAtom posted:

My FC run yesterday made it to floor 7 three times. We saw minion all of once. I did make 7million gill selling some silk I got though.

We saw the music sheets drop like crazy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So apparently you can join a savage raid you haven't unlocked in Duty Finder via party finder...but it considers your unbeaten duty as completed and reward obtained.