Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

FizFashizzle posted:

I like how trump is freaking out now that finances are being looked at.

This is the straw that breaks the camels back.

It's going to prove he's not really a member of the Three Comma Club. That's likely what he's most concerned about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty

i am harry posted:

I'm sorry, but this is just not at all what Christ had to say about hypocrites.

Christ said some things that contradicted some of the things he said about some things, maybe.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Wasn't McCain tied up in the S&L stuff?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Wishing for muller to get fired is weird, like it fits nixon speedrun and hopefully would mean the exact same thing again, but it also has the risk of being a thing that actually works. Trump could at least in theory successfully just end the investigation against him if he fires the right people in the right way.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ReidRansom posted:

McCain being so incoherent at that one hearing makes a bit more sense now.

Well, he's a piece of poo poo, but I hope he retires and recovers to whatever extent is possible at his age.

The last thing you should want is McCain to retire. As long as he's still a Senator but recovering from his surgery and dealing with brain cancer, that denies a badly needed vote for the GOP in the Senate. Not just for the healthcare fuckup but for everything else.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I can see Sessions just quitting in disgust even if he's a true die hard believer because Trump being the worst most insufferable boss on the face of the planet does things to people.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Sessions being out of the picture would be a good thing , but I dunno it's kind of a mixed bag because then Mueller is gone.

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Ammanas posted:

Because he's thoughtful in his bootlicking and ostensibly doesn't want to annihilate the system of government we've had for last 80 years.

Az is an insanely right wing, racist, STUPID state full of the rejects and psychopath retirees that couldn't stand how 'liberal' CA is. Imagine another King or Cotton in the Senste.

It can get a lot worse than McCain

Trump won AZ by less than 100k votes. 43% of the state is non-white, and that proportion grows rapidly every year. Our state government is overwhelmingly republican, so yes, the replacement will almost certainly be worse than McCain. But AZ is gradually becoming purple and that is having a moderating effect on the republicans who do get elected.

LegendaryFrog fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 20, 2017

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
lol trump put sessions face against the bus wheel and told the driver to slam the gas in this loving interview

he may actually resign ahahahahah

https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/887861189094645761

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

New York Times posted:

Mr. Trump recalled that a little more than two weeks before his inauguration, Mr. Comey and other intelligence officials briefed him at Trump Tower on Russian meddling. Mr. Comey afterward pulled Mr. Trump aside and told him about a dossier that had been assembled by a former British spy filled with salacious allegations against the incoming president, including supposed sexual escapades in Moscow. The F.B.I. has not corroborated the most sensational assertions in the dossier.

In the interview, Mr. Trump said he believed Mr. Comey told him about the dossier to implicitly make clear he had something to hold over the president. “In my opinion, he shared it so that I would think he had it out there,” Mr. Trump said. As leverage? “Yeah, I think so,” Mr. Trump said. “In retrospect.”

The president dismissed the assertions in the dossier: “When he brought it to me, I said this is really, made-up junk. I didn’t think about any of it. I just thought about, man, this is such a phony deal.”

How could the dossier be any kind of leverage if its claims aren't real...?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
He gave answers that were questions that should have been answers

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Guy Farting posted:

Christ said some things that contradicted some of the things he said about some things, maybe.

Indeed. As for things McCain has said:

Play posted:

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain’s intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain’s hair and said, “You’re getting a little thin up there.” McCain’s face reddened, and he responded, “At least I don’t plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you oval office.” McCain’s excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If Session is gone, that's good. If it costs us Muller, I'll loving freak out.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Google Butt posted:

on the other hand he was okay with taking away healthcare from millions of people

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

If this is true, I find it very concerning, just highly concerning.

I never said I liked the guy or was a fan. I thought he was a better nominee than W Bush and still do. Overall, if the majority of the GOP were more in line with McCain they'd at least be better than what we have now which, as I said, is an admittedly low bar but I'd take it any day over this clown car poo poo show we're currently experiencing. I'm a liberal Democrat who has only ever voted for one Republican in my entire life.

I just don't get real into celebrating cancer. Hits too close to home maybe. Cleaned up a lot of poo poo and blood recently in my house because of it. My Mom. And, as others have said, it effects his family as well.

Now if it were Dick Cheney on the other hand...

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Covok posted:

If firing mueller means you have a mental break and stop posting I'll take it

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Wishing for muller to get fired is weird, like it fits nixon speedrun and hopefully would mean the exact same thing again, but it also has the risk of being a thing that actually works. Trump could at least in theory successfully just end the investigation against him if he fires the right people in the right way.

It's also one of those things that's a direct test of the strength of our democratic systems, which is scary in its own right. Like I think there's a 99% chance that Congress wouldn't stand by and let things go down this way, but that 1% chance is actually scary as gently caress.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

Wasn't McCain tied up in the S&L stuff?

Yup, proud member of the Keating Five.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

berserker posted:

lol a peer

peer not pee-er

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I never said I liked the guy or was a fan. I thought he was a better nominee than W Bush and still do. Overall, if the majority of the GOP were more in line with McCain they'd at least be better than what we have now which, as I said, is an admittedly low bar but I'd take it any day over this clown car poo poo show we're currently experiencing. I'm a liberal Democrat who has only ever voted for one Republican in my entire life.

I just don't get real into celebrating cancer. Hits too close to home maybe. Cleaned up a lot of poo poo and blood recently in my house because of it. My Mom. And, as others have said, it effects his family as well.

Now if it were Dick Cheney on the other hand...

can't blame you for feeling that way

i however won't lose any sleep

Covok posted:

you are never not freaking out

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
haha lmao trump is going to fire sessions and mueller tomorrow

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Also lol that manafort was 17m in debt to Russian mobsters. Pulonium tea is a pretty powerful motivator, huh?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Paradoxish posted:

It's also one of those things that's a direct test of the strength of our democratic systems, which is scary in its own right. Like I think there's a 99% chance that Congress wouldn't stand by and let things go down this way, but that 1% chance is actually scary as gently caress.

You got your numbers reversed.

empty whippet box posted:

And Congress will do dick all about it.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
John McCain is a vile, hypocritical, heartless man who has done incalculable damage to individuals and to the world at large.

He doesn't deserve brain cancer.

Nobody who has lived, is living, or will live deserves brain cancer, or any other degenerative brain disease. It is the most unimaginable cruelty, the rending of the very essence of their being, the closest thing I can compare to the idea of a soul. It is a horrific thing that deeply upsets me to even think about. I'll admit to thinking he deserved it at first, but that quickly gave way to sympathy, even for a horrible person like him. The most sadistic murder is merciful compared to what he's facing.

I hate John McCain deeply.

He has my deepest, most sincere sympathies.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I can see Sessions just quitting in disgust even if he's a true die hard believer because Trump being the worst most insufferable boss on the face of the planet does things to people.

But then who will oppress the non-white and persecute anyone in the vicinity of drugs? It's going to take a lot for noted shitstain Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III to find the muck too filthy.

Hollismason posted:

Sessions being out of the picture would be a good thing , but I dunno it's kind of a mixed bag because then Mueller is gone.

Let's not assume base level competence on the part of Trump before we see evidence to support it. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Sessions fired and then replaced by someone else who goes on to let Mueller do his thing as Trump fumes.

skylined! posted:

lol trump put sessions face against the bus wheel and told the driver to slam the gas in this loving interview

he may actually resign ahahahahah

https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/887861189094645761

It'll never stop being funny that so much of Sessions' current woes stem from answering a question he wasn't even asked.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I'm having a hard time coming up with ways President Palin would be worse than President Trump. Just as bad, sure. But worse?

I recall during last year's campaign someone who had worked with both Palin and Trump on their respective campaigns observed that Palin was far from a brilliant mind, but she still had areas of interest and at least some degree of intellectual curiosity. (He also said that he didn't hold Bush Jr.'s mental capacities in high regard but similarly the guy has areas where he bothered to learn and where you could have a useful conversation.) Trump, by contrast, was said to have had none whatsoever, on any subject or topic they could discern.

So yeah, Trump's probably worse than Palin. At least she doesn't have a degenerative neurological disorder. Trump just picked up right where Ronnie left off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dementia is worse than a brain tumor imo

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's going to prove he's not really a member of the Three Comma Club. That's likely what he's most concerned about.

it's gonna turn out that he didn't actually collude with russia; all the obstruction of justice and lying was just to keep his tax returns under wraps

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
How outraged is McCain by the betrayal of his own brain?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

just uh

this produces a weird sensation of catharsis and rage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssVlqpX9x8

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

A lovely Reporter posted:

John McCain is a vile, hypocritical, heartless man who has done incalculable damage to individuals and to the world at large.

Nobody who has lived, is living, or will live deserves brain cancer, or any other degenerative brain disease. It is the most unimaginable cruelty, the rending of the very essence of their being, the closest thing I can compare to the idea of a soul. It is a horrific thing that deeply upsets me to even think about. I'll admit to thinking he deserved it at first, but that quickly gave way to sympathy, even for a horrible person like him. The most sadistic murder is merciful compared to what he's facing.

Lol, no

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

empty whippet box posted:

I feel like this is the 4th time we've thought this was going to happen and didn't

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Dementia is worse than a brain tumor imo

LOL I was scrolling down while reading this and I read it: Dementia is worse than a ban (Well, it is!)

A lovely Reporter posted:

Yes.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 20, 2017

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
How long until Trump tweets "I prefer senators that don't get brain tumors."?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He could even trademark it! "You're FIRED!™"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I want Trump to fire Sessions and Rosenthal, and install someone who won't recuse himself.

I then want Meuler fired. I then want the Republican Congress to sit on their thumbs gibbering while still being unable to pass a single piece of legislation.

Then I want them to lose every goddamned contested seat in 2018 as a consequence.

Allow me to dream. Allow me to dream.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

lizardman posted:

How could the dossier be any kind of leverage if its claims aren't real...?

The leaks are real but the news is fake.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

also re: trump complaining about muelller investigating trump orgs:

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/887860665209286662

lol

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Hello, I would like to share my favorite stories involving Senator John McCain

- When I was in college, Senator McCain had an event in my dorm, and I wore a suit to go downstairs. Senator McCain noticed and liked the suit, especially since some other students were wearing trenchcoats over Ron Paul shirts. Someone tried to explain why they were being removed, and said "and they'll open up the coats", before McCain ended their sentence with "to flash the crowd". Everyone had a good laugh, and the Ron Paul kids got kicked out, and everyone really enjoyed that.

- By getting into a fight with McCain over the Ron Paul kids, Senator McCain referred to this expensive, private college as a community college repeatedly on live local TV.

- By wearing a suit, I ended up tagging along with McCain for a couple hours. Outside, a woman wanted to get a picture of John McCain holding her small dog, a request that was refused. Senator McCain can't really lift his arms, much less hold a dog, and this woman wouldn't take no for an answer. So, I ended up holding the dog next to McCain, and the woman had to deal with that.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Propaganda Hour posted:

How outraged is McCain by the betrayal of his own brain?

Did he tell his doctor he was deeply disturbed by his diagnosis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Reik posted:

How long until Trump tweets "I prefer senators that don't get brain tumors."?

I guarantee his handlers tried to secure him and get him away from any phone as soon as they heard the news.

Am I a loving baby, Paul?

• Locked thread