Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Uglycat posted:

Oh, this excites me. We're hosting Jill Stein this weekend. The Wolves Den. Flint. I'll bend her ear. What ought I ask?

Ask her what its like to facilitate a thousand years of darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Uglycat posted:

Oh, this excites me. We're hosting Jill Stein this weekend. The Wolves Den. Flint. I'll bend her ear. What ought I ask?

How long is the tape?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ague Proof posted:

the Ritz Carlton Moscow hotel

I knew I was right when I said she had all the positive qualities and appeal of a potato. Getting drunk and involved in compromising situations with Russians is yet another.

Chilichimp posted:

If they wanted Clinton to lose, backing her direct opponent and her ideologically aligned 3rd party would be a smart move.

But uh... this is the first I think she's been implicated in this investigation.

What, are you kidding? We've had footage of her with Putin since September. Every single time it got brought up, dumbshits called it red baiting.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Putin has a history of backing marginal opposition groups, she's taken some whacky pro-russia positions, and she's been photographed with him at events. It's at least plausible, but not proven. Still worth asking.

Honestly the fact they're asking seems to indicate that maybe senate intelligence knows more about her than we do.

How hard do you honestly think Russia would have to work to get Jill Stein to dance to their tune. The woman's an attention whore who'll say or do anything so long as people praise her - hence courting every breed of crystal healing anti vax position she can. If a head of state of a real country, one that's also not one of those evil countries allied to Amerikkka talked to her, she'd do whatever he said.

It's the same as Trump - there's a slight chance there is no pee tape, and Trump just does what Putin tells him cause Putin stroked his ego and is therefore a guy he can trust and he'll do whatever he wants if it doesn't cost Trump anything.

Grapplejack posted:

I suppose that's true, but backing the legless horse in the horse race with the 400 pound jockey seems kind of dumb. :v: And yeah, if she does get implicated I can't imagine what the impact will be on third parties / the Greens within the US.

Russia saw the 2000 election same as everyone else. American leftists will never, ever, ever accept the blame there, but Putin is not beholden to believing that the left is free of fault. He knew that the greens have a proven track record of loving over Dems and handing the presidency to a gibbering moron who skullfucks America

Gyges posted:

I doubt Russia thought it would actually work when they started, so trying to get more actors on board for the chaos campaign was probably an early part of the plan. I mean, it seemed pretty unlikely that a sycophant like Trump would win the Republican nomination in the early stages. So if JEB is the Republican guy Stein throwing poo poo from the edges is probably the best Russia was going to do.

Remember, Trump the puppet as president was the cherry on top for Putin - his number one goal was to stop Clinton, because that woman realistically represented the end of his rule in Russia, one way or another, in a way no other candidate did.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gyges posted:

I doubt Russia thought it would actually work when they started, so trying to get more actors on board for the chaos campaign was probably an early part of the plan. I mean, it seemed pretty unlikely that a sycophant like Trump would win the Republican nomination in the early stages. So if JEB is the Republican guy Stein throwing poo poo from the edges is probably the best Russia was going to do.

This post has it right. Russia didn't actually have a concrete "plan". The idea when Russian meddles is to sow chaos. Suppose that Trump had lost the election, or hell even lost the Republican nomination. The fact that a major party candidate was questioning the need for NATO, as well as building a millions strong cult of personality that hates the government, would have hobbled Clinton's presidency and sown confusion in the American-European alliance and been a victory for Putin. Even just throwing a few mil at Jill Stein and having her take a few of Clintons electorial votes so she did not appear to have such a strong mandate would have been a small victory for Russia. I wish we could see a video of Putins face when he learned that Trump actually won.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

What, are you kidding? We've had footage of her with Putin since September. Every single time it got brought up, dumbshits called it red baiting.

I mean she's now been implicated by a request for documents from a congressional committee.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/887641703817121793

I know this is old in internet time (it's from this morning), but come the gently caress on. She's not even trying anymore.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I know this is old in internet time (it's from this morning), but come the gently caress on. She's not even trying anymore.

I wonder if she's a batshit conspiracy nut or if she's just incredibly cynical and opportunistic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
LOL at fairweather nonregressives saying McCain isn't a horrible person and he's now immune.

"Maybe we should let nazis punch us?"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ask her about Somali measles victims.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

LOL at fairweather nonregressives saying McCain isn't a horrible person and he's now immune.

"Maybe we should let nazis punch us?"

It takes a real piece of poo poo to punch an old man with terminal brain cancer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
McCaine has brain cancer so that may explain his behavior but I dunno if everyone here could use that excuse to explain their posting

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Can you imagine if Trump has to give a euology at McCain's funeral.

I mean can you loving imagine.

There would be like, a 25% chance he would arrive in a fighter jet, and spend the entire time taking about how everyone said he was the best pilot, and didn't even crash once.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Fart City posted:

There would be like, a 25% chance he would arrive in a fighter jet, and spend the entire time taking about how everyone said he was the best pilot, and didn't even crash once.

He used his own fathers funeral to pimp his new hotel opening.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

pacmania90 posted:

It takes a real piece of poo poo to punch an old man with terminal brain cancer.

Yeah this chode's right. You're supposed to gently lower him into a garbage can and roll him down hill for years of trying to gently caress over the weakest and most vulnerable people in our society.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What if

What if McCain died and was replaced with Senator Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gregday posted:

He used his own fathers funeral to pimp his new hotel opening.

Given his father, it would have been the only time he was ever proud of his boy.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Trump would open with "Not a lot of people know this, but John McCain has passed away" if he had to give a statement.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Nope. R Governor gets to appoint an R.

State legislature, not Governor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_One_of_the_United_States_Constitution#Section_3:_Senate

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bobjr posted:

Trump would open with "Not a lot of people know this, but John McCain has passed away" if he had to give a statement.

He'll insist that he be given his own 21 gun salute.

Actually, I think there's a decent chance of that happening.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

bobjr posted:

"McCain, he told me... before it got bad and he made no sense... he told me 'Donald, you've gotta kill this Russian investigation. You gotta fire Mueller.' And I mean I know he's up there watching in the big Hanoi Hilton in the sky, so I had to make him proud. If you go against me, you're pissing on the grave of a war hero. Think about that."

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Oh hey also someone finally got close to #PressingTheButton
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/887897228429471744

Keep doing it, fuckers.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Not true, from the link you posted:

quote:

In a nod to the less populist nature of the Senate, the Amendment tracks the vacancy procedures for the House of Representatives in requiring that the Governor call a special election to fill the vacancy, but (unlike in the House) it vests in the State Legislature the authority to allow the Governor to appoint a temporary replacement until the special election is held. Note, however, that under the original Constitution, the Governors of the states were expressly allowed by the Constitution to make temporary appointments. The current system, under the Seventeenth Amendment, allows Governors to appoint a replacement only if their state legislature has previously decided to allow the Governor to do so; otherwise, the seat must remain vacant until the special election is held to fill the seat, as in the case of a vacancy in the House.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I like senators who didn't get brain cancer.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

McCaine has brain cancer so that may explain his behavior but I dunno if everyone here could use that excuse to explain their posting

Has he had brain cancer for his entire career as an elected official?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

enraged_camel posted:

ITT we find out that people can have both good and bad qualities, and can have said and done both good and bad things

Yeah like hitlers famous love of animals

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
McCain didn't puss out of Nam so there's that

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Spaced God posted:

Oh hey also someone finally got close to #PressingTheButton
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/887897228429471744

Keep doing it, fuckers.

I wish they would just hire the snl cast to do dramatic recreations from the transcripts instead. Imagine the rage!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 20, 2017

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

A lovely Reporter posted:

John McCain is a vile, hypocritical, heartless man who has done incalculable damage to individuals and to the world at large.

He doesn't deserve brain cancer.

Nobody who has lived, is living, or will live deserves brain cancer, or any other degenerative brain disease. It is the most unimaginable cruelty, the rending of the very essence of their being, the closest thing I can compare to the idea of a soul. It is a horrific thing that deeply upsets me to even think about. I'll admit to thinking he deserved it at first, but that quickly gave way to sympathy, even for a horrible person like him. The most sadistic murder is merciful compared to what he's facing.

I hate John McCain deeply.

He has my deepest, most sincere sympathies.

I'm sorry that you or a loved one has or had to deal with cancer, I too have dealt with it, but cry me a loving river.

He's made a career out of being an rear end in a top hat and deliberately disenfranchising million's of people. People die. The dude is 80 years old, it's not like he's 30 and a productive member of society. Cry that he didn't use his influence more for good, not that he's outlived the average life expectancy.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Fart City posted:

Yes, I can, and it's been keeping me warm ever since the news broke that McCain is going to die shortly.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Not that I agree with pissing on a lovely person's grave before they're even dead, but I always find the bleeding heart sentiment of "I feel for their family" to be kind of asinine. You're not obligated to love a family member, so if they're a piece of poo poo and you choose to keep loving them guess what that makes you? Also a piece of poo poo.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Despera posted:

McCain didn't puss out of Nam so there's that

That's just because a) he thought all he'd have to do was bomb VC from the comfort of his cockpit and b) he comes from one of those military families that would look more kindly on seppuku or pederasty, never mind infidelity plus calling his wife a trollop and a oval office in the same sentence, than dereliction of duty

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 20, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Autism Sneaks posted:

That's just because a) he thought all he'd have to do was bomb VC from the comfort of his cockpit and b) he comes from one of those military families that would look more kindly on seppuku or pederasty than dereliction of duty

He could have chosen plenty of jobs that put him out of danger of the mighty north Vietnamese navy

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Noctone posted:

Not that I agree with pissing on a lovely person's grave before they're even dead, but I always find the bleeding heart sentiment of "I feel for their family" to be kind of asinine. You're not obligated to love a family member, so if they're a piece of poo poo and you choose to keep loving them guess what that makes you? Also a piece of poo poo.

Or a normal human being, seeing as people can and do love family members who are incredibly lovely (and in far more immediate ways than McCain). And I say that as someone who personally has no hesitation cutting lovely family out of his life. e; And you're not even talking about that, just saying beep boop sympathy for someone whose relative is dying of the most aggressive brain cancer that exists is bad.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I wonder if she's a batshit conspiracy nut or if she's just incredibly cynical and opportunistic.

Yes.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Her source is her boyfriend who works for the NSA as a secret agent and goes on long missions sometimes and can't see her regularly or overnight and sometimes comes over with a wedding ring on.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

When Sarah Huckabee looks out at the crowd of journalists sitting in front of her podium, and one eye is off staring at the wall over there, what does her brain actually perceive as her vision? Does she see both the wall and the journalists at the same time, or does her focus flip between her two points of focus?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

i am harry posted:

When Sarah Huckabee looks out at the crowd of journalists sitting in front of her podium, and one eye is off staring at the wall over there, what does her brain actually perceive as her vision? Does she see both the wall and the journalists at the same time, or does her focus flip between her two points of focus?

:vince:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I refuse to believe the Russians would back Stein. They could burn that money and get more out of it. :v:

Jill Stein was openly loving on Putin and supporting Trump by the end of the 2016 campaign, by September or so her campaign was "Trump would be a better president than Clinton anyway so don't worry about helping him by voting for me"

I'm pretty sure the margin in at least Michigan was decided by Stein voters, and the margins in the rest of the blue wall were so close that small investments paid off.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Gonna want to see some proof of the Jessica Roy tweet before I start really lolling

Not exactly proof, but at least this shows that its not totally made up.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/til-death-do-us-part-they-got-married-then-everything-changed-6433344

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Didn't Paul Ryan say at a GOP meeting, "I think there are two people owned by Russia, Trump and Rohrabacher"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
yeah but that was just a funny, top secret, never loving repeat that in public, in joke

• Locked thread