Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Good posts, thx.

Makes me feel better about interface stuff, but I really feel like a bunch of the gameplay changes are philosophical and will stick.

Well, it's entirely possible that the stats/armor stuff won't be improved for GM. They've had time to iterate more on that, but who knows. It feels awkward enough that it sticks out.

I agree, re: gameplay changes + philosophy.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Having all PvE content be 3/6 and pvp content be 4 is just so monumentally dumb, I still don't get it.

Impedance Mismatch would be a good name for a fusion rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

game good you loving nerds chill the gently caress out

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
lol yeah yeah ok

I think I heard a dialogue clip in the strike where Failsafe called Cayde dumb. I enjoyed that.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 20, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vaah posted:

Who is Failsafe and why do I hate them already?

Looks to me like a warmind created after the last city was born to protect humanity if the last city fall. Unlike real warminds this one is talkative and stupid and give comic relief. My theory.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

Looks to me like a warmind created after the last city was born to protect humanity if the last city fall. Unlike real warminds this one is talkative and stupid and give comic relief. My theory.

I like the idea of in a world where mysterious and evolved AI Rasputin attacked and halted a giant space god, there in the same league with it are dopey as poo poo AIs that Little Light is even like, y'all retarded.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
failsafe is the AI in charge of the exodus black colony ship that crashed on Nessus. just been out there all alone for a long time so it's Weird Now.

like, I am not theorycrafting. this is what it is

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It seems like they listened most to the two opposite ends of the spectrum (lol): lore nerds who want more cutscenes with the Queen and her brother,

Reminder that Luke Smith in that one interview called Mara cosplay bait and basically said D2 dgaf her lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Good the Awoken are huge nerds.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Core PVP Destiny gameplay is still pretty fun. I'm not really convinced about crucible modes being limited to 4 v 4. I know they've been pretty adamant about that being the player size across all modes but I hope down the line we get some classic 6 v 6 Control. Keep 4 v 4 for the sweaty modes like Countdown. :shrug:

Also I know it's probably the same as D1 but FOV is killing me. I assume PC would be getting a FOV slider? Because holy poo poo that's a game changer.

That all said, I'm pretty excited to play dress up with my Guardian and get cool new gear.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 20, 2017

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Yeah, the PC release will have a FoV setting:

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-will-be-60fps-or-more-on-pc-run-only-on-ba-1795344987

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

failsafe is the AI in charge of the exodus black colony ship that crashed on Nessus. just been out there all alone for a long time so it's Weird Now.

like, I am not theorycrafting. this is what it is

Thanks! I will update my lore brains

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I noticed that darkness zones are called "restricted zones" now and lol turns out they're completely axing the whole "The Darkness" part of destiny's setting, lol lmao

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

And apparently they've already announced that they're not doing anything with the stranger in D2?? Well that fuckin owns, jesus

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

HAT FETISH posted:

"The Darkness"

https://youtu.be/163_C5UVU-I

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I just had a linear fusion rifle (veist tarantula) drop at the end of the strike, tried it out for a bit. It's definitely my jam. I'm so happy they made the sleeper simulant a whole new weapon archetype by itself in D2. It's fun as hell to use.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I just had a linear fusion rifle (veist tarantula) drop at the end of the strike, tried it out for a bit. It's definitely my jam. I'm so happy they made the sleeper simulant a whole new weapon archetype by itself in D2. It's fun as hell to use.

uhh excuese me queenbreakers bow?? was around first??? hello?

But anyway I'm not too worried about ability recharge timers or boss bullet spongyness personally.

There's pics (from an admittedly old build) that had armour perks like "recharge grenade faster" "recharge super faster" "recharge class ability faster" and I can't see Bungie axing those for the full game. Weird decision not to include them in the beta though, especially since that's like the #1 complaint.

Also anyone else remember the D1 beta? The spider tank took like half an hour my first go, and then Sepiks was a slog after that. Nowadays with our ridiculous tuned weapons they are speedbumps. The real Luke Smith said they're going to up the drop rate of power ammo, I believe, so yeah I think once we get better pve weapons it won't be too bad. Probably longer than year 2-3 D1 encounters but they changed up the environment and mechanics during Protheon (seriously can't get over that name, like if Atheon became a twitch streamer) enough that it wasn't a pure slog. I think that shows they've got the same design mindset as the better strike bosses from TTK onwards.

Or things like the small titan barrier that reloads when you crouch, we're not really taking advantage fully yet. A coordinated team with that and warlock rift can tear through a lot of health. You can pop in and out with the exotic minigun and fire forever for a good chunk of damage and I'll bet there's even better weapons to take advantage.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Mazerunner posted:

Or things like the small titan barrier that reloads when you crouch, we're not really taking advantage fully yet. A coordinated team with that and warlock rift can tear through a lot of health.

wait the reload trick from the low wall works for everyone in the fireteam and not just the titan that dropped it? If so I can see pairing that with the empowered rift will become standard damage phase in raids.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Brotheon

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mazerunner posted:

Or things like the small titan barrier that reloads when you crouch, we're not really taking advantage fully yet. A coordinated team with that and warlock rift can tear through a lot of health. You can pop in and out with the exotic minigun and fire forever for a good chunk of damage and I'll bet there's even better weapons to take advantage.

That's one other thing I thought was strange - the titan and warlock class abilities are very very useful and a good team will destroy everything with proper coordinated usage. One of my inverted strike pugs banded together to use the warlock weapon buff & titan barrier with reload perk and made quick work of the adds on the boss.
The hunter class ability is awful though. It needs a redesign. A simple roll that isn't even that nimble on a 17? second cooldown and confers no benefits to the team.
There's a big gulf in usefulness there. It should have been a simple sub-ability that you pick from the perks screen, not an entire special ability. With nightstalker rumored to be gone, the hunter class ability should have been the invisibility smoke grenade.

The class ability is supposed to be team-oriented. I'm not sure what Bungie's vision for the hunter ability is, but it's really jarring & incongruent.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Every time I want to play Destiny 2 demo, I get rewarded by a weapon that I already have, or a piece of gear that I already have.

Thats completelly kill my desire to play more / reduce it. It seems I am a loot whore :-/

Also, I was completelly wrong with the Titan wall. Is very useful in PvP.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The dawnblade may be poo poo but hell I'm enjoying it

http://i.imgur.com/fLJZYJC.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
http://i.imgur.com/qQFUibC.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
http://i.imgur.com/cZZPrJD.gifv

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

gently caress you, put that in ALL releases. Doom 2016 ran at 60 and still gave us a FOV slider on PS4. :colbert:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm not surprised people are getting burned out on the beta already. It has 3 activities which are exactly the same each time you launch them (plus a fourth which you only get 3 plays of). It has effectively no character progression beyond gathering a dozen or so weapons, most of which are already considered crap. Even if you love everything about it that gets old fast, and even if you love the crucible gameplay putting in a whole day on the same two maps for no rewards wears on you.

Compared to the D1 beta, which had five replayable missions, a crucible mode with multiple maps, a social space, free roam exploration, leveling, tiered loot drops, even an Iron Banner period. It was much more of a mislabeled demo, this is an actual beta with all that entails.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
yeah i played for like 4 hours yesterday and it was cool but i was also fine with turning it off and going to bed at a reasonable hour which i can't say for destiny 1

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

can you get your fireteam up to 8 people in the beta or does it cut you off at 4?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

How to use granades in Destiny 2

A guys super in san francisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TAr0VNks20
raid leak.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

I'm not surprised people are getting burned out on the beta already. It has 3 activities which are exactly the same each time you launch them (plus a fourth which you only get 3 plays of). It has effectively no character progression beyond gathering a dozen or so weapons, most of which are already considered crap. Even if you love everything about it that gets old fast, and even if you love the crucible gameplay putting in a whole day on the same two maps for no rewards wears on you.

I already uninstalled it. The beta desperately needed Nessus' patrol zone at the least. I loved what I played but this "beta" is so loving barebones.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

I already uninstalled it. The beta desperately needed Nessus' patrol zone at the least. I loved what I played but this "beta" is so loving barebones.

I think I would play the pvp if there where more loot variety. But I hate to complete a game and get the same weapon I already have. Nessus patrol would be sweet. Maybe the PC demo gets more stuff.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

What s the range for submachine guns in pvp? Just as close as possible?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Bernie.gifs

http://i.imgur.com/2KcwrXE.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/WVVnuFY.gifv

nice super lol

http://i.imgur.com/pxmt5Ae.gifv

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

How do I get into the strike solo so I can explore the area before it a bit?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Get two friends to go with you

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

One dumb thing I noticed, is that the titan wall eats enemy supers.

If you see a void warlock coming your way, you can make him waste his super with the wall. Is hilarious considering the super take 56.000.000 billion years to load and you wasted it with a skill that load fast and is always ready when you spawn.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I wonder if super/ability build up speed is artificially low right now for the beta so they can get more data on gun battles or something

There's no way they stick with 1 minute long grenade charges and 7 minute super in an 8 minute long game mode? Right? Right??

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

If power ammo won't be shared, Bungie should at the very least let you get the unused portion when you kill an enemy that has it.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

HAT FETISH posted:

And apparently they've already announced that they're not doing anything with the stranger in D2?? Well that fuckin owns, jesus

Also the protagonist remains silent, and hell, I'm glad of it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Maybe every destiny game will be episodic and not based on previous games just with shared characters, so they can kill people off like Kenny in South Park and it just resets reach episode

"oh my god they killed Sweeper Bot! You bastards!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wonder if the cabal will kill sweeper bot or if they'll let him hang out on the ship and sweep up their gorilla turds