Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

O1S: Probably too easy, pretty boring.
O2S: This fight goes from being a snooze in normal to pretty fun in savage. It was fun to figure the mechanics out, but I can imagine pug healers are going to have a hell of a time with this until ilvls increase.

We only have a few hours for the night though so no O3S until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Help I can't stop giving myself makeovers.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
unpopular opinion: o1s might be on the easy side, but it's a really good fight and a superb first raid this expansion

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Ibblebibble posted:

Help I can't stop giving myself makeovers.

That's fine, cuteness is justice and also the real end game. If it makes you feel better, I used a fantasia earlier because I apparently selected the Au Ra equivalent to that one Miqo'te voice. That didn't stop me from spending like half an hour fiddling with skintones and eye colors and stuff. Also, it let me put off running The Vault for a while.

A smile better suits a hero. :smithicide:

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Canals trip report: ran like 15 maps, 5 of them mine, and made it to the final room once. Still not sure I wouldn't have made more gil just selling the maps though. Nothing great or unique dropped, just some cloth and one of the feathers, also the music (which doesn't appear to actually sell so I just used it). Maps are currently up in price and materia is crashing.

Reiterpallasch posted:

unpopular opinion: o1s might be on the easy side, but it's a really good fight and a superb first raid this expansion

I like V1s

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

ice floors is never a good time, gently caress that poo poo

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So I've decided to try leveling my healers and tanks through actual dungeons instead of spamming POTD/PVP, and I chose AST as my first after getting it to 50 pretty much exclusively through POTD. Can someone explain to me when I should be using royal road and spread like I'm a dumb baby?

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

He don't do nothin', it's literally just an Orange Circles boss

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bleu posted:

He don't do nothin', it's literally just an Orange Circles boss

Then explain why I have to have a "/p Clamp! <se.1>" macro to make idiots not die

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Then explain why I have to have a "/p Clamp! <se.1>" macro to make idiots not die

because other people call clamp on voice chat

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

ilifinicus posted:

ice floors is never a good time, gently caress that poo poo

Oh it's ice floor, ok we go out, oh no someone else might be a bit close I'll just adjufuckyouuuuu

Wham

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if yakety sax wasnt playing in your head the whole time you were fighting it, i don't know what to say to you

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Mr Worldwide plays in my head the whole time while doing o4s part 1

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

ImpAtom posted:

You only play a lady tater if you want people to be creepy at you.
I'm sure it happens, but I luckily never had to deal with this. They instead ask what part of Baltimore I'm from (always the bad part)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

PSA: people can see the stats you've received from food buffs. So if a group tells you to go eat food before you can raid, don't try to eat a boiled egg and pull one over on them.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Verranicus posted:

So I've decided to try leveling my healers and tanks through actual dungeons instead of spamming POTD/PVP, and I chose AST as my first after getting it to 50 pretty much exclusively through POTD. Can someone explain to me when I should be using royal road and spread like I'm a dumb baby?

I mostly just fish for and bank aoe cards for rr and balance for spread, then drop them on the party when I get them.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Martman posted:

PSA: people can see the stats you've received from food buffs. So if a group tells you to go eat food before you can raid, don't try to eat a boiled egg and pull one over on them.

you're either a giant piece of poo poo or should get better raid members because that's really lovely to even have the mindset to think of pulling

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Edit: drat app this was in re: leveling gearing discussion last page.

Also you can just ask in all three of the good FCs for someone to crank out some ARR or HW leveling gear in 3-4 clicks/item

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 20, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also if you're not yelling "The CLAMPS...or clamplike device" in 1.0s i'm not sure we can be friends.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bell_ posted:

I'm sure it happens, but I luckily never had to deal with this. They instead ask what part of Baltimore I'm from (always the bad part)

Ive had people walk to me and Im assuming they are either inspecting me or taking pictures. When they pose next to me Im assuming they are taking pics.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Now I almost regret transferring to this lonely new server, since it turns out the end of the main quest of ARR is multiple long-rear end duty finder queues :qq:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Now I almost regret transferring to this lonely new server, since it turns out the end of the main quest of ARR is multiple long-rear end duty finder queues :qq:

Duty Finder pulls from the entire data center, not just one server. It's really about getting in on peak hours.

Though if you're going in with DF and not using a premade, either with friends or through Party Finder, you'd better skip all the story and just rush through with everyone else. There's an MSQ roulette that gives pretty decent rewards so there's always someone running it when people are on, but they outgear everything to ridiculous degrees and have the entire thing on farm.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xarbala posted:

Duty Finder pulls from the entire data center, not just one server. It's really about getting in on peak hours.

Though if you're going in with DF and not using a premade, either with friends or through Party Finder, you'd better skip all the story and just rush through with everyone else. There's an MSQ roulette that gives pretty decent rewards so there's always someone running it when people are on, but they outgear everything to ridiculous degrees and have the entire thing on farm.

Ah, that's good to hear. I didn't completely screw myself over then :v:

What's this other stuff though? MSQ roulette? Party Finder? I've only been doing the main story since my plan was to finish it (and get to 50) then switch to one of the fancy new classes, and it's been great exp and little waiting until now. Kinda been tunnel-visioning a bit so there's apparently a lot of stuff I've been missing :downs:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

a couple pages late, but the obvious answer for Omega 5-8 isn't to draw from 7 or 8 or whatever, but FFX instead

all four bosses are seymour

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would assume omega would draw from mainline games it's actually appeared in so that's FFV, FFXI and FFXII (not including the FFI remake and FFIV: TAY)

FFXI content would be interesting, and FFXII would go hand in hand with Return to Ivalice and this having this expansion's legion be the XIIth.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

sey-four

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Ah, that's good to hear. I didn't completely screw myself over then :v:

What's this other stuff though? MSQ roulette? Party Finder? I've only been doing the main story since my plan was to finish it (and get to 50) then switch to one of the fancy new classes, and it's been great exp and little waiting until now. Kinda been tunnel-visioning a bit so there's apparently a lot of stuff I've been missing :downs:

MSQ roulette is one of a handful of roulettes you'll unlock as you progress in the Main Story Quests that give hefty bonuses for running them once a day, and all of the roulettes basically exist to ensure that there's always somebody running content so that it's never obsolete. The MSQ roulette is specifically to get people in the queue to help people finish the ARR trials, though tbh there's a lot more people running MSQ roulette than actually need the clear and everybody just speedruns the ARR endgame dungeons for the sweet XP payoff.

Party Finder on the other hand is basically putting up a help wanted ad in the social tab hoping to get people to help you do a thing. Usually it's for people trying to put together a pickup group for an EX Primal or somesuch.

Tbh there's a lot to take in and it can be easy to overlook stuff, like how to unlock the glamour system, turn your chocobo into a combat pet/healbot, and various non-essential dungeons and trials. But I guess that's what the internet is for, including this thread.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I would assume omega would draw from mainline games it's actually appeared in so that's FFV, FFXI and FFXII (not including the FFI remake and FFIV: TAY)

FFXI content would be interesting, and FFXII would go hand in hand with Return to Ivalice and this having this expansion's legion be the XIIth.

omega was in a lot of other ff games too, via omega weapon

i don't know if there's a difference between omega / omega weapon but they generally tend to ride the line as "hidden or superboss" so it wouldn't be out of the realm to pick

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

a couple pages late, but the obvious answer for Omega 5-8 isn't to draw from 7 or 8 or whatever, but FFX instead

IMO save that for the next expansion, which should send us to not-Spira for a tropical adventure where for some reason everything is spheres.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Harrow posted:

IMO save that for the next expansion, which should send us to not-Spira for a tropical adventure where for some reason everything is spheres.

Don't kick the blitzballs that litter the beaches.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Thundarr posted:

Don't kick the blitzballs that litter the beaches.

You just know Vegnagun would appear as the latest brilliant Garlean idea.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Harrow posted:

Alright, but only if I get to stand over a balcony and laugh really awkwardly.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

boy are my arms tired posted:

omega was in a lot of other ff games too, via omega weapon

i don't know if there's a difference between omega / omega weapon but they generally tend to ride the line as "hidden or superboss" so it wouldn't be out of the realm to pick

omega, like gilgamesh, is the same across each appearance. omega weapon is a recurring creature that is unique to each world it appears in

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Alright, but only if I get to stand over a balcony and laugh really awkwardly.

I'll allow it, but only if Tataru is the other one laughing awkwardly.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Harrow posted:

I'll allow it, but only if Tataru is the other one laughing awkwardly.

I play a lala so this works pretty well. Not that we'll be able to see over the balcony, but still.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

PCD need to stop doing map parties before i get home fom work. <:mad:>

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

No joke Vegnagun would be a kicking rad boss to fight in the expansion where we go in Garlean territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The new class would be based on Wakka, where we'd beat our enemies by throwing balls at them and being super racist.