Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Reiterpallasch posted:

if yakety sax wasnt playing in your head the whole time you were fighting it, i don't know what to say to you

In my head? I broadcast it to the group

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I would assume omega would draw from mainline games it's actually appeared in so that's FFV, FFXI and FFXII (not including the FFI remake and FFIV: TAY)

FFXI content would be interesting, and FFXII would go hand in hand with Return to Ivalice and this having this expansion's legion be the XIIth.

Also appears in the Advance remake of VI, VII:DoC, X, X-2, Dimensions, and some of the mobile games. There's also an (afaik) un-named Weapon in XV

P sure they could handwave away the difference between Omega and Omega Weapon appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I hope that the next raid tier has cool, new, original bosses.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Spoilers: it won't.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

You should probably unsub until 5.1 then.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
htt ps://toshimo.com/ffxiv/img/RIPMelusine.gif

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 21, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Your fraps counter is on

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

That GIF is enormous and the host slow as gently caress.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

thanks for the 108MB inline gif

edit: why the gently caress did you even rehost it on your own server as a gif when the source was a gfycat?

kojei fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 20, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It's performance art really. Compounding Goon failure in-game with Goon failure at posting.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

kojei posted:

thanks for the 108MB inline gif

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Toshimo posted:

It's performance art really. Compounding Goon failure in-game with Goon failure at posting.

Instead of talking about it, consider editing it out so you stop killing the loving thread

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

kojei posted:

Instead of talking about it, consider editing it out so you stop killing the loving thread

Sorry your pc sucks.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Sorry your pc sucks.

:ironicat:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Fister Roboto posted:

Supposedly the super savage is going to be an ff14 original. Should be some prelim news from Yoshida I think through some random interview.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Im excited to start Stormblood this weekend as I finished Heavensward at level 67.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

If they pulled bosses from FF8, they should give us a Brothers fight with rock-paper-scissors mechanics.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Supposedly the super savage is going to be an ff14 original. Should be some prelim news from Yoshida I think through some random interview.

Additionally, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the next raft of Primal trials ended up being FF14 original. Mostly because there's no obvious dangling thread that screams of game bosses (like references to the Warring Triad were in the Asyz Lla segment of Heavensward), so it wouldn't surprise me if they're going to do their own thing there. (My personal bet is that it's going to be the four symbols/beasts/guardians just cause the current endgame's all in Ala Mhigo, it would make sense for there to be a lvl 70 Othard based questline, and their imagery is present on the world map and ties with Shinryu. No real idea though.)

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
So I ran into a WHM in leveling roulette (Toto-Rak) who told me it's faster to res tank that dies rather than interrupt casting Aero and Stone 2 to heal. I mean, I know there's a stigma against honest healing, but that seems like it's taking it a little too far. Luckily, I am one level away from 30, and thus will be able to switch to SCH. I just want to make it to 50 so I can unlock AST, DRK, RDM and SAM, because they seem so cool.

I also feel like if it wasn't for the FC I was in, I'd transfer off Coeurl, now that the XP boost is over.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I've got it on good authority the next raid boss is beloved FF8 enemies: the Galbadia Garden's Hockey Team

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

(My personal bet is that it's going to be the four symbols/beasts/guardians just cause the current endgame's all in Ala Mhigo, it would make sense for there to be a lvl 70 Othard based questline, and their imagery is present on the world map and ties with Shinryu. No real idea though.)

Seiryu gets mentioned in passing during the DRG questline in such a way that it makes me really think that yeah, our primals after Menagerie EX will be Genbu/Byakko/Seiryu/Suzaku.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Colgate posted:

So I ran into a WHM in leveling roulette (Toto-Rak) who told me it's faster to res tank that dies rather than interrupt casting Aero and Stone 2 to heal. I mean, I know there's a stigma against honest healing, but that seems like it's taking it a little too far. Luckily, I am one level away from 30, and thus will be able to switch to SCH. I just want to make it to 50 so I can unlock AST, DRK, RDM and SAM, because they seem so cool.

I also feel like if it wasn't for the FC I was in, I'd transfer off Coeurl, now that the XP boost is over.

I mean, I can see that being the case with bypassing specific boss mechanics but I can't imagine how stopping to throw a Cure/Cure 2 on the Tank will be worse than having to deal with the mana loss of raising, not to mention that while the Tank is getting back on his feet, the DPS or Healer will be getting beat on. So then you're stopping DPS to keep the much squishier folks alive, or letting them die which would definitely negate whatever DPS advantage the healer is bringing. On top of the DPS lost by the tank no longer being alive, and from the resurrection debug.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Colgate posted:

Players are weird. Weakness alone should discourage this, not to mention "Are you dead? = Yes" is the base failure state of a healer.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

You only play a lady tater if you want people to be creepy at you.

I've been playing a ladyfell since beta 3 and can't say I've had this problem, unless you mean the /pet emotes. That happens occasionally.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Honestly, I think he was just expecting me to heal with Physick (which I ended up doing), which wasn't the greatest with all the Poison effects in Toto-Rak. Though aside from that guy, it wasn't a completely awful run.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Thumbtacks posted:

oh jesus is that what halicarnassus savage is

This is halicarnassus savage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Colgate posted:

Yes, spending one GCD to heal every so often is obviously much slower than spending swiftcast and a cast to res while healing through the suddenly un-aggro-controlled monsters who are punching your face. :psyduck:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SettingSun posted:

Players are weird. Weakness alone should discourage this, not to mention "Are you dead? = Yes" is the base failure state of a healer.

Eh. Sometimes it's the base "idiot pissed off the healer" state.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm just glad the orphans aren't starving anymore. :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/FFXIVEORZEAcafe/status/887841040371113984

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Whoever was talking about an AST/SCH clear for Neo Exdeath here's the video of Unreal's kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJIu31pFCKc if people were still curious.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Your Computer posted:

I've already completed the hunting log, but I completely forgot about the challenge log! As for fates and levequests, where are the most level-appropriate ones? Also what even is POTD because a quick google search just made me more confused :v:

I didn't see anyone explain PotD, so hopefully this isn't a repeat.

The Palace of the Dead is an optional side dungeon. It works kinda like a roguelike with an independent levelling system. You start at level 1 inside, and every 10 floors you progress you fight a boss and reach a checkpoint. At the checkpoint, you gain a hefty sum of experience for your external job.

It also uses an independent gear system, so your gear doesn't matter, and can be done anywhere from solo to groups of 4 with no role restrictions. Full matched groups are recommended for levelling.

There's a quest in New Gridania - the House that Death Built, that unlocks it, and you queue for it in Quarrymill.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
People who level in POTD are great, because they get all of their skills thrown at them and a lot of people make no effort in figuring out how to play their class at 60.

Then when they're done they go into a real instance at level 56 with level 30 gear, still with no idea how to play.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Incoming a dozen people quoting me going "well actually I don't do that" like it actually matters and like I actually care.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
can we get a confirmation that if you bring someone into 2.0 savage who hasn't cleared 1.0 it only gives you one loot chest when you kill 2.0 savage?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely feel the best way to level in PotD is to use it to level but every time you hit a new dungeon tier run the dungeon at least 1-2 times before going back to PotD. It's slower if you're DPSing but you get the chance to practice actual mechanics.

(This is probably entirely unnecessary before 30 because pre-30 dungeons are probably more braindead than PotD is.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Renegret posted:

People who level in POTD are great, because they get all of their skills thrown at them and a lot of people make no effort in figuring out how to play their class at 60.

Then when they're done they go into a real instance at level 56 with level 30 gear, still with no idea how to play.

You don't pay their suuuuuuub

Saint Freak posted:

This guy ground to level 61 for Sirensong with the starter set doing only potd. There's no ilevel requirement.

He died to the first boss stackattack even with all 4 of us on him.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I currently have RDM at level 58, leveled through mostly beast tribe quests and POTD.

I've made absolutely no effort to gear it, and without thinking I dumped most of my RDM gear onto my retainers when I was redoing them, so I'm wearing a hodgepodge of pre-50 leveling gear with a few pieces of low 50s leftover from HW that I kept around for glamor.

It's gotten to the point where I can't kill same level enemies without healing myself anymore, it's really funny. At this point I feel committed to getting to 60 without gearing myself out properly.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Saint Freak posted:

You don't pay their suuuuuuub

lol I love that post so much

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

a kitten posted:

I'm just glad the orphans aren't starving anymore. :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/FFXIVEORZEAcafe/status/887841040371113984

I don't see a single bite of pineapple pudding. Shameful.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Hot POTD trick is that you can turn all those millions of HQ Potions it craps into your inventory in Alchemist leves so really it's like leveling two classes at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Hot POTD trick is that you can turn all those millions of HQ Potions it craps into your inventory in Alchemist leves so really it's like leveling two classes at once.

Really? I've got like 900 of those, do you need to be a certain level for them?